Don't have an account? Create one!

Young MCR fans

AuthorMessage
ImNotOkay3505
Salute You in Your Grave
ImNotOkay3505
November 18th, 2006 at 11:49pm
Jono.Sab.Mikel; o_O:
Wow. Niiice. Was this because she saw you listening/obsessing over them?
I personally don't think it's so 'bad' to listen to bands like these at young ages. I mean, for them, it may just be the music/sound. But if they can actually understand the concept and such behind it, it's really impressive. Besides, most of our new generation are maturing really fast.

I totally agree. Smile
x_early_x_sunsets_x
Jazz Hands
x_early_x_sunsets_x
November 19th, 2006 at 02:39pm
Yeh I'd much rather have my little sis listening to MCR than some of the other music that's around today =/
Today she asked me to burn TBP for her friend at school who likes them too (she is also 9). It's like my sister's started off a little MCR craze at their school or something, which is fine as long as they actually like them and aren't just kinda copying each other.
~Frankie'sGirl~
Killjoy
~Frankie'sGirl~
November 19th, 2006 at 03:58pm
I started listening to MCR when I was 13. If the kid is mature enough to understand the lyrics. You are never to young to love any sort of music. Emotions have no age limit.
---------
Bleeding on the Floor
---------
November 20th, 2006 at 01:09am
im 13 and i understand what mcr are about and the concept of their albums......

just like snagicous said,i think younger fans are better off being influenced by mcr than like fergie or someone (not anything against her, but i think they could learn more from mcr)
ambry9
Joining The Black Parade
ambry9
November 20th, 2006 at 05:27pm
There really isnt much of an age limit to music. of course the law says so with their parental advisories(sp?) but the things is, if you like it, listen to it. Even if your a six year old, or a ten year old. Usually I think younger ones like music for the sound, more mature kids that can grasp the meaning though they're still young listen to it for the emotional connection and the fact that they can understand it. Older kids may have the same reasons. But music is music and we all have our reasons why we listen to what we listen to, no matter how old or young we are.
snagicous
Jazz Hands
snagicous
November 20th, 2006 at 10:26pm
What is the boundary for the parental advisory?
Lovesick Melody.
Bulletproof Heart
Lovesick Melody.
November 20th, 2006 at 10:52pm
I started listenin to MCR when I was 13 and I reali loved it then. It was not until like a month later when I started to really understand the lyrics. But I guess if you have an emotional connection to the music and you understand what its talking about then I think it would be okay for young fans to listen to them
whitney.
Shotgun Sinner
whitney.
November 21st, 2006 at 12:42am
I think that 10 years old IS too young. I think about 13 would be a good time.
But, depends on your religious views...and if your a conservative.
Rachel_X0
Killjoy
Rachel_X0
November 21st, 2006 at 05:47am
Yup.
My little sister is 5 and she likes them. Clap
Maybe it's becuse i like them...i dunno.
She wanted Gerard's autograph. =|
I think it's good when MCR have young fans...its sweet. Very Happy
x-Murdered Love-x
Thinking Happy Thoughts
x-Murdered Love-x
November 21st, 2006 at 10:06am
Rachel_X0:
Yup.
My little sister is 5 and she likes them. Clap
Maybe it's becuse i like them...i dunno.
She wanted Gerard's autograph. =|
I think it's good when MCR have young fans...its sweet. Very Happy

I think the same thing. I don't have any younger brothers or sisters but my cousins little brother does everthing he does. He likes anything my cousin likes so I think its okay but only because he just a little kid and doesn't really understand.
Raven of Azarath
Salute You in Your Grave
Raven of Azarath
November 21st, 2006 at 04:29pm
I wouldn't ever take Erin to a concert though. 0_0
dream brother
Jazz Hands
dream brother
November 21st, 2006 at 07:45pm
one good thing is with all you 13 and 14 yr old girls liking them even if im not at the front of the concert i will be able to see over your heads i hate being 5'8 and not being able to see at concerts usually but with younger ppl you'll be short enuff to see over lol
Raven of Azarath
Salute You in Your Grave
Raven of Azarath
November 21st, 2006 at 10:30pm
Haha, yup that's what we're good for!
hoppy.
In The Murder Scene
hoppy.
November 22nd, 2006 at 12:12am
I swear it's almost a sin...
My sister is 7 and loved people like Jesse McCartney, Hillary Duff, Cheetah Girl, and other normal things almost 8 year olds would like...
I started listening to MCR and she started liking I'm Not Okay
I thought that that was alright... I suppose...
Now she likes Teenagers... not as good but okay...
She knows the words to Welcome to the Black Parade and Cancer...
Shocked
I don't think this is a normal thing for a 7 year old, pink and purple maniac.

Also she's started crushing on Frank...
I've created a teenie...
AliroSilver
Really Not Okay
AliroSilver
November 22nd, 2006 at 02:39am
dream brother:
one good thing is with all you 13 and 14 yr old girls liking them even if im not at the front of the concert i will be able to see over your heads i hate being 5'8 and not being able to see at concerts usually but with younger ppl you'll be short enuff to see over lol

LOL Ditto.
DeadlyPoisoned
Bleeding on the Floor
DeadlyPoisoned
November 27th, 2006 at 04:21pm
My little Cousin Emily She's 1 years old and she loves MY chemical romance she's always dancing to them....And my cousin Aaron ....He's a MY Chemical romance fan and he's 11...And he loves Fall out Boy Too which I was shocked.
DeadlyPoisoned
Bleeding on the Floor
DeadlyPoisoned
November 27th, 2006 at 04:21pm
My little Cousin Emily She's 1 years old and she loves MY chemical romance she's always dancing to them....And my cousin Aaron ....He's a MY Chemical romance fan and he's 11...And he loves Fall out Boy Too which I was shocked.
I:IIIIII
Fabulous Killjoy
I:IIIIII
November 27th, 2006 at 10:44pm
my nephew is 5 and he likes most of the music i like, probably because he hears me listening to them. he headbangs to mcr and slipknot (he doesnt understand what slipknot say) when he comes into my room and i have it on.
he also doesnt call the bands by their band names, he calls them the people in the bands.
eg. yesterday when he came into my room and i had mcr on, he said "oh is this mikey?" not "is this mcr?"
but like others have been saying, mcr is alot better for kids to listen to than Eminem or 50 cent or any other rap music
empires
Thinking Happy Thoughts
empires
December 31st, 2006 at 10:28pm
I'm a really big MCR fan who's in love with Gerard, and I don't think it really matters how old you are. They have an influence to everyone, I believe.
we're pretty. odd.
Always Born a Crime
we're pretty. odd.
January 1st, 2007 at 12:00am
I think it just depends on the kid. (This has been said heaps.)

My brother, of seven, listens to MCR when I do. He says, "They're alright." so I suppose he likes them a bit. He giggles when they swear or say something that doesn't make sense to him. (He laughs because he thinks Gee says "vampires" really weirdly).

But then, my cousin of ten isn't allowed to listen to them when I do because his mother thinks there is "Too much bad language and themes he wouldn't understand."

... >_>~! {/rant}