Young MCR fans

AuthorMessage
a thousand suns.
Always Born a Crime
a thousand suns.
January 12th, 2007 at 01:22pm
NeverXTakeXMyXHeart:
xChemicalx:
I think it's okay if 'young fans' listen to MCR as long as they're mature enough and don't just like the band for the guys and their looks.

But I do think some are too young......I think the minimum age should be like, 13 -rolls eyes- But that's just me.

When did you start listening to them then?
Just wondering because your 13...

I started listening to them when I had just turned 16 and I have only just turn 18.

Oh, I started listening to them in November 2006 (yeah I'm kinda a newbie). So that was when I was 13 Very Happy I'm 14 on Jan 20th though....
knights of cydonia.
Salute You in Your Grave
knights of cydonia.
January 12th, 2007 at 10:25pm
Minimum age? O_o
Okay, I do agree that they should be mature young fans if they're listening to My Chemical Romance. But there really shouldn't be an age limit. Though the lyrics might suggest "death", mature fans should be able to understand. I don't know, still confused on this whole topic.
qianthefirst
Joining The Black Parade
qianthefirst
January 13th, 2007 at 04:16am
ppl who aren't mature enough to understand the lyrics would maybe get depressed by the metaphors. they are very vivid and dark
famous_last_words
Motor Baby
famous_last_words
January 13th, 2007 at 06:32am
i think its great for people of anyage to listen to mcr,
but when people start going 'Luk ZOmgAWDss"!!"322!!!!! gERLDDa IzZZzZZ So0o0o0oo0o0o0o0o HAWrSSSSS!!!"£!!$!"111!!!' annoys me
Mrs.Halloween
Salute You in Your Grave
Mrs.Halloween
January 13th, 2007 at 06:37am
^^ yah, definitely. but older people, like in their middle teens, can get like that too, not just young'uns.
i don't think that people who aren't mature enough to understand the lyrics would become depressed by them though. if you're not mature enough to 'understand' the lyrics and their music then i don't think you can be mature enough to become depressed, if you know what i mean.
and i don't think there should be some kind of age limit or minimum age to listen to the band. all people are different, and as long as you are serious enough and mature enough to appreciate the music properly, i don't see what's wrong in listening to it if you're not just as old as some other fans.
Zii
Killjoy
Zii
January 13th, 2007 at 01:16pm
Zii:
What's all this about understanding the lyrics? Sometimes, you can like the band just because of the sounds they make. Not that I don't think understanding it is important, I just don't think it is a nesessity.

I just reveiwed my last post and relized that it made no sense at all.
EATEN ALIVE
Thinking Happy Thoughts
EATEN ALIVE
January 13th, 2007 at 02:29pm
well. it does depend on the kid.
some are mature enough and some are not.

and its not so much about understanding the lyrics, id say its more about not going crazy cause of these men making music that has lyrics that are bout stuff that most ppl never really think bout or understand. [a lot of thats there]
i hope that made any sence:/

but hey, if i would've been that smart to listen to something like MCR when i was 10-13.. : DD seriosly, i taught BLUE was rockin x______x
so, it doesnt really matter to me how old MCR listenin ppl are.
:]
a thousand suns.
Always Born a Crime
a thousand suns.
January 13th, 2007 at 06:10pm
I didn't mean there should be an age limit exactly- I was just saying someone under 13 might take the whole death thing seriously. I think people should be mature enough, but also be smart enough to know that MCR don't tell people to cut their wrists or commit suicide. Quite the opposite.
marley.
Awake and Unafraid
marley.
January 13th, 2007 at 07:44pm
My brother loves MCR and he is only 9.
He also loves Slipknot.
My mum dosn't mind as long as he doesn't repeat the lyrics.
He just makes sure shes not there when he does
fatality in the snow
Salute You in Your Grave
fatality in the snow
January 13th, 2007 at 10:38pm
I'm a younger fan myself. I'm just a mere eleven, but I am so very mature for my age. I understand the songs and find I can lose myself in them. Now, I say MCR 'saved my life' at times, but I don't mean it in the suicidal way. When I say that, I mean that they showed me how to be myself, and not to be afraid of what other people think, and no matter what people say or do that I shouldn't stop being me.

But it truly depends on the kid, as people have been repeating over and over. Most of the people in my class couldn't understand the feeling and the lyrics if I played a song to them.
katexcore
Jazz Hands
katexcore
January 14th, 2007 at 08:11am
It's better than them listening to most of the rubbish that dominates todays charts.
But kiddies that are unaware of MCR's first 2 albums tend to get on my nerves. And when there are kids that are like 10 years old in the mosh pit at shows. Thats anoying because all the older people feel sorry for them and let them to the frount. And they complain about getting hurt when the bigger kids jump around and stuff. I think they shouldn't be allowed in the standing area at shows untill they are older. But as long as they aren't getting in my way I'm happy to accept younger kids as MCR fans.
xMari_Malicex
Motor Baby
xMari_Malicex
January 14th, 2007 at 07:25pm
Haha...the younger people liking bands like MCR is kind of funny. But they do get exposed to the music easily, and it's not anyone elses' place to put age limits on music.
PERCY
Motor Baby
PERCY
January 14th, 2007 at 08:03pm
I just basically think it counts on the maturity you have towards the music. And you're able to grasp the concept. Anyone can like MCR.
I think little kids who get into music at an early age have a pretty amazing musical future ahead of them, which is great.

Chyeah. I got into MCR when i was 12 and before that i liked sme other bands so yeah.
theteenagebrigade
Killjoy
theteenagebrigade
January 14th, 2007 at 11:41pm
Well. I was young when I got into MCR (back in the day...), so I always feel hypocritical about this topic.

I mean. I still go to shows and feel like the oldest one there when I've got my college ID in my wallet, you know. But still.
rockonbaby
Thinking Happy Thoughts
rockonbaby
January 15th, 2007 at 12:32am
the 11 year old above had an incredibly intelligent reply, very mature for her age, lol, i'm impressed. anyways, it surprises me fans as young as 9 listens to MCR. haha, this will anger people, but i thought they would've been listening to hilary duff and jesse mccartney or something. anyways, i cant help but question why such youngins like MCR
mbgfr_278
Fabulous Killjoy
mbgfr_278
January 15th, 2007 at 12:57am
It's better than them listening to most of the rubbish that dominates todays charts.
But kiddies that are unaware of MCR's first 2 albums tend to get on my nerves. And when there are kids that are like 10 years old in the mosh pit at shows. Thats anoying because all the older people feel sorry for them and let them to the frount. And they complain about getting hurt when the bigger kids jump around and stuff. I think they shouldn't be allowed in the standing area at shows untill they are older. But as long as they aren't getting in my way I'm happy to accept younger kids as MCR fans.

mwahahahaahahahahaha that happenned to me in a concert they let me at the front becuase i look like a 11 year old or 12 year old to some ppl Smile
mbgfr_278
Fabulous Killjoy
mbgfr_278
January 15th, 2007 at 12:59am
yea and they're were these 9 ,10 ,an 11 year olds like are 'emo' and that.Im like but your young you should be living life happily, i think they dont really understand what they're doing cause heaps of people at that age are immature .
Tragic_Affairs
Killjoy
Tragic_Affairs
January 16th, 2007 at 08:54pm
I'm eleven and I've LOVED Them since I was 9.

Emo is bullshit if you ask me =\

Labling is retarded.

Just be yourself.
Tragic_Affairs
Killjoy
Tragic_Affairs
January 16th, 2007 at 08:59pm
Vampirette:
I've been a fan of My Chem since 9. I was so freaked from the music vid from Helena, because images of most churches just put me in a state of shock. Don't ask me. x.x

Haha you can be my new best friend XD
Yaoi Owns You
Jazz Hands
Yaoi Owns You
January 16th, 2007 at 09:44pm
It doesn't matter what the age of fan, it just matters whether they listen to the music and lyrics and not just the image. I completely agree with Tragic_Affairs (btw I heart your avatar)

Emo = bullshit excuse for dressing exactly like everyone else and thinking your the shit when you're not.

Be yourself don't let anyone else tell you any different and turn you into something you're not.