Young MCR fans

AuthorMessage
That's What You Get
Always Born a Crime
That's What You Get
January 29th, 2007 at 06:27am
RoCkErChIcK101:
Philippa Way:
really? only my friends and i like mcr and we just burst into song in the middle of science class (lately it has been prison!)

yeah your not the only one!!my teacher is like you better keep quiet or i will call your parents!!but im like yah go call my parents i have a reason for singing in class

we have only been told off a few times! its strange i havent got into trouble for it yet, until we sang famous last words, we sang a little too loudly and everyone looked a us! i think thats what gave us away!
Lady.Loss
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Lady.Loss
February 3rd, 2007 at 01:42pm
Chemical_Romance:
I don't mind younger fans...But I hate it when the younger fans go on about how MCR saved their lives. Some are way too young to even spell suicide let alone know what it means.
I also hate the fact that Teenies exist...but we all do.

i'm only 13. Mcr didn't exactly save my life, i suppose they kinda made it alright to be me. and i hate it when older people say stuff like that.
Batman.
Jazz Hands
Batman.
February 3rd, 2007 at 11:52pm
Well, I got into MCR a year ago when I was twelve. I was a pretty mature twelve year old who didn't look or act like one. I agree that it depends on the kid. I'm not exactly a deprived child but money, of course, doesn't buy happiness and I have thought of suicide before. Only once though. I was having reeeaaally bad mood swings, a while ago and well, you know what happens.
Tragic.
Banned
Tragic.
February 4th, 2007 at 12:04am
Today, I saw an 9 year-old boy with and Mcr T-Shirt^_^.
I went over and hugged him.
Batman.
Jazz Hands
Batman.
February 4th, 2007 at 12:43am
Lol, when I was nine I was listening to Avril Lavigne XDDDD
That was my first CD...exept for my Britney Spears CD...
Shit, now I have to kill you all...=P
LifeOnStandby
Motor Baby
LifeOnStandby
February 4th, 2007 at 12:59am
it's nice to know they're getting open to it at younger age and thinking about the future, life and philosophy early on. I was open to any type of movies since I was a kid, I don't see why it should go along with music too.

Music is powerful...it's meaning should be shared with everyone.
machiavelli
Shotgun Sinner
machiavelli
February 4th, 2007 at 07:59pm
I started listening to them when I was 10, but everyone says I'm so mature for 12 that I could pass mentally for a 17 year old. I also went ahead a grade, so I'm in 8th, but who really gives a crap about me? Thought so. But yeah, I don't get how people think I'm so mature for my age. Oh, yeah, I also remembered that those people are something I like to call BUTT-KISSERS.

It is indeed a very twisted world, and I shape the road.
Aw.Sugar
Killjoy
Aw.Sugar
February 4th, 2007 at 09:47pm
Yes. If she gets it, she can handle it. Obviously she likes it so why bother worrying? As for the concepts, well, they've gotta learn what prison rape is somethime i guess x3
sorta kinda.
Salute You in Your Grave
sorta kinda.
February 4th, 2007 at 10:01pm
My sister is 7 and loves Welcome to The Black Parade. She tries to make me let her borrow my CD but it never works.
Sadie Marie
Salute You in Your Grave
Sadie Marie
February 5th, 2007 at 04:52pm
my sis likes mcr and she's 6! she absolutely adores wttbp! its mad, but coolies
a thousand suns.
Always Born a Crime
a thousand suns.
February 5th, 2007 at 05:01pm
I started listening to MCR when I was 13....which was 2 months ago........haha. But I can't really be called a teenie or a poser even though the first song I heard was WTTBP, because as soon as I got TBP I listened to Bullets and Revenge <3
Actually I think I like them both a tad more than TBP O.o

But I've always been really mature for my age- even now people think I'm about 16. I like to take that as a compliment.
Quiet.Song.13
Fabulous Killjoy
Quiet.Song.13
February 6th, 2007 at 07:21pm
*feels really young all of a sudden* hahaha. I never thought it really mattered if you're old or young...it's music. I never really considered myself too young, either. I've been in love with Green Day for a year or two, and MCR for about a year. I dunno, I guess whenever I listened to music, it was more than just sound... like, when I was 8, my sister would let me listen to her music, and I really got into it and felt it.. it was only little boy bands or indie pop singers, but I still got everything they were saying...

I did get scared, though, when I saw this 4 year old in my moms daycare singing "Don't Cha"... O_O and then "Lips of An Angel" ... shyeah. freaky!
Benjette
Killjoy
Benjette
February 6th, 2007 at 08:52pm
Has anyone over 15 posted here yet? I skipped the middle 5 pages but I didn't see anyone whose age said over 15 so far.

I'm 19 and I've been listening to them since INO, so I was about 16 when I discovered them.

When I was your all's ages I was still listening to Backstreet Boys and Spice Girls. I don't know what the equivalent to those bands is today, but I just feel like you should be listening to feel-good music and not worrying so much about concepts and life and existentialism. WAIT TO GROW UP AND BE MATURE.

But, I'm not dissing young fans. I certainly listen to a lot of shitty-lyric music just because it sounds good. Of course, MCR isn't shitty-lyric, but if kids are listening to it for the sound, good for them. Doing that with bands like MCR will make it ten times better in 4-5 years when they listen to the CDs again and get the meanings. It'll be an epiphany.

And don't let anyone call you a teenie or a poser even if you just heard an MCR for the first time yesterday and called yourself a fan. As long as you're here for the music and not because you want to fuck Gerard, that's what it's about. People know what they like when they hear it. I don't punish people for hearing it the first time years later than me or for having the "misfortune" of being born a few years after me.
Ami von Grimm
Banned
Ami von Grimm
February 7th, 2007 at 12:17pm
they probably don't understand the real meaning of the song.
Just a Trick
Jazz Hands
Just a Trick
February 7th, 2007 at 01:00pm
I know I knew about them when I was 10 and only started loving them when I was about 11... which wasn't too long ago and I was pretty young.. well, I'm still young lol.
anyways, what I hate the most is when people A. like MCR because they look good, it doesn't matter if their young or old, it's the same thing. B. People who immediately say to kids their too young to love bands like my chem when they are only like, 2 years older than them? maybe a younger person wouldn't understand what's the meaning of their songs right away but after -really- reading the lyrics and everything they might understand WAY more than any 14 year old girl who thinks being arrogant is reallyyy reallyyy cool.

I think that if you love a certain music because of the "right" reasons and not because Frank's hair is really pretty and I'm not okay's video clip was cool, it's great and no one has the right to tell you not to listen to it.
SFXtra
Motor Baby
SFXtra
February 7th, 2007 at 03:24pm
My baby sister is 2.5, and she adores "Three Cheers"'

bahaha beat that Very Happy
aliss practice.
Shotgun Sinner
aliss practice.
February 7th, 2007 at 03:49pm
Well, it really does depend on the maturity and the experiences that child has been through. If the young child, for example, is a girly girl proper full-on pop music kinda person, then it is abnormal for that child to like them. However, if that child has had a rough time, rough upbringing etc . . . then that child will be more adapt to the type of music. I am young, and according to people I know I am at a very high maturity level [oo, get me!] and I can handle things well, and MCR are a massive part of me, they are a very helpful band I feel great whenever I listen to them.

Anyway, I isn’t the age at all, it depends on what they like about them. If they only like Gerard, cos he’s ’fit’, they are a teenie. Full stop.
EviLsRoMaNcE
Banned
EviLsRoMaNcE
February 7th, 2007 at 03:54pm
C y a n i d e ':
It depends really, if they are mature enough then sure. I'd encourage it actually but only if the kid is mature enough to handle the swear words and the concepts of the songs. I started listening to MCR since i was in my late 11's.
<3 : D

If they like the music, then fuck whatever anyone else thinks. My school dean saw my My Chem "DEAD!" hoodie and saw the MCR logo on the back. She says, "Do they use chemicals?" ...idiot adults...
zombie eyes
Bleeding on the Floor
zombie eyes
February 8th, 2007 at 02:19am
I know some 14 year olds who aren't mature enough. It all depends. I think parents just have to know thier kids. but most parents these days have no idea what's going on, sad as it is. my mom would loose it if she knew some of the stuff I did as a kid. there is is 11 year old at my church who like MCR, but he is so cool and can, like... think I guess... for himself. He's more mature then this 14 y-o girl that has started being all faux-suicidal now that she listens to MCR. she thinks they enforce it. She's a disgrace to all things holy, I swear. haha
Quinn.
Bleeding on the Floor
Quinn.
February 8th, 2007 at 04:44am
there was this 10 year old at the hordern show. he was so cute. i was like whoes your favourite?? and he grins and says Bob. lol he was awesome. he had his own little fan following by the end of the day