Don't have an account? Create one!

Pre-Marital Sex

AuthorMessage
Cigarettes And Suicide
Bleeding on the Floor
Cigarettes And Suicide
May 21st, 2007 at 11:04pm
^ Well, lucky people in Massachusetts.
What about everybody else living elsewhere, including overseas etc?
shitthatwascyanide
Salute You in Your Grave
shitthatwascyanide
May 21st, 2007 at 11:06pm
i don't really know, but i could research. would it help the discussion to have a clear list of marriage rights and laws, etc? so then people just know them?
druscilla.
Bleeding on the Floor
druscilla.
May 21st, 2007 at 11:12pm
shitthatwascyanide:
i don't really know, but i could research. would it help the discussion to have a clear list of marriage rights and laws, etc? so then people just know them?

According to Wikipedia, there are five countries that perform same-sex marriages across their whole country.

But I assume I answered my own question. It's typically religious people who say you should wait until marriage, yes? And it's typically religious people who say that homosexual is a perverse sin that will send you to hell, yes?
Cigarettes And Suicide
Bleeding on the Floor
Cigarettes And Suicide
May 22nd, 2007 at 01:45am
^Not only that, but the discussion is about pre-marital sex. I don't even know if same-sex marriage is an issue here. It practically has its own thread.
You're right though, religion has a lot to answer for...

But either way. Why are the majority of people posting in this thread assuming that 'pre-marital sex' is synonymous with 'promiscuous sex' or 'teens having sex'? I know plenty of people who either waited till they were in their 20s and may or may not have married the person they lost their virginity to, and I know plenty of people who had sex at 15 and 16, never dated any other people, and are now happily married to their first and only sexual partner.

shitthatwascyanide:
You missed our points. Druscilla's was that there are circumstances where pre-marital sex is the only option for some couples (her example, they could be gay), and my response to your point was that, well, so what if gay couples can marry in Massachusetts? Basically the rest of the world can't, so are they horrible sinners for having sex outside of marriage, when marriage isn't an option for them at this point?
Quinn.
Bleeding on the Floor
Quinn.
May 22nd, 2007 at 01:59am
i think its fine having sex before marriage. as long as its not for reasons such as 'everyone else is doing it', 'if i dont do it he wont love me' and so on.
queenfreddiemercury
Bleeding on the Floor
queenfreddiemercury
May 22nd, 2007 at 02:21am
I think you have to be mature enough to have sex. It is also against my religion to have sex before you are married but I dont look down on people who have sex before marriage. I am going to wait I am in no hurry.
druscilla.
Bleeding on the Floor
druscilla.
May 22nd, 2007 at 12:13pm
Cigarettes And Suicide:
I don't even know if same-sex marriage is an issue here. It practically has its own thread.

That's why I tried to only bring it up in the context of premarital sex, because there is a small tie between them.
It's like you said, if you can't get married legally then how the heck are you ever going to have sex? Just be celibate forever?
Cigarettes And Suicide
Bleeding on the Floor
Cigarettes And Suicide
May 22nd, 2007 at 07:12pm
^ Yeah, I could just see the topic going off on it's own little irrelevant tangent if nobody said anything, so I just thought I'd point it out. You've made an excellent point though... as you said, if pre-marital sex is wrong, and you're in a gay relationship, well, according to religion you're going to hell anyway so you may as well indulge, right?
/spam
shitthatwascyanide
Salute You in Your Grave
shitthatwascyanide
May 22nd, 2007 at 07:17pm
^^ that makes sense, but i feel we are getting into a religion discussion now.
Cigarettes And Suicide
Bleeding on the Floor
Cigarettes And Suicide
May 22nd, 2007 at 07:46pm
^ The point is, pre-marital sex isn't always wrong (and I included 'always' in there to satiate the kids who don't agree with it). There are circumstances where everything has its merits, and black-and-white simply doesn't exist anymore, everything is a shade of grey, so I don't feel anybody can straight-out say, 'It's right' or 'It's wrong'.
ilovegerardway2much
Jazz Hands
ilovegerardway2much
May 22nd, 2007 at 07:58pm
yeah, i agree w/ Eclipse. u cant jus go around sleeping w/every1 cause @ the time u "LOVE THEM", uk? i think u should hav a bf or gf and thats it. y do u need 2 hav sex? wat do u gain by that?
druscilla.
Bleeding on the Floor
druscilla.
May 22nd, 2007 at 08:41pm
ilovegerardway2much:
yeah, i agree w/ Eclipse. u cant jus go around sleeping w/every1 cause @ the time u "LOVE THEM", uk? i think u should hav a bf or gf and thats it. y do u need 2 hav sex? wat do u gain by that?

Um, sexual pleasure?
fxmous-lxst-words
Joining The Black Parade
fxmous-lxst-words
May 22nd, 2007 at 08:45pm
i think that if you are really in love with someone and you are old enough and responsible, AND you know you will be with this person for a long time/the rest of your life, then you can have sex if you want to. but really other than that i think pre-marital sex isn't right.
scissor.fuck.cunt.
Banned
scissor.fuck.cunt.
May 26th, 2007 at 02:44pm
well you all will prolly hate me for this but i don't believe in all that "find the right person"crap. If you want to have sex then go ahead im totally cool with it as long as you don't sleep around then you're running the risk of being called a "slut "or "whore".
yoey962
Bleeding on the Floor
yoey962
May 27th, 2007 at 01:52pm
nossyeatsmeat:
well you all will prolly hate me for this but i don't believe in all that "find the right person"crap. If you want to have sex then go ahead im totally cool with it as long as you don't sleep around then you're running the risk of being called a "slut "or "whore".

or catching an STI or getting pregnant.
but i agree with free sex. it is a natural thing to do and people shouldn't be looked down upon because they did it outside of marriage.
Marek Angel of Reven
Killjoy
Marek Angel of Reven
June 11th, 2007 at 04:51pm
ilovegerardway2much:

A friggin' MEN to that!! Its easy to believe when you're in the moment that you two are gonna be together forever, but in reality thats probably NOT gonna be the case. I'm waitin' cuz I know firsthand how much it hurts when that happens.
XCyanideSuicideX
Fabulous Killjoy
XCyanideSuicideX
June 11th, 2007 at 05:09pm
im all for it lol!!!
druscilla.
Bleeding on the Floor
druscilla.
June 11th, 2007 at 06:01pm
EmoCandy:
im all for it lol!!!

This is a serious discussion board.
So discuss or don't post.
mychemvenom
Killjoy
mychemvenom
June 11th, 2007 at 08:35pm
Listen, I think a person needs to be careful . I have no problem with people having sex before marrigae. Geez, I did AND had a kid. You just need to be careful & protect yourself, so you don't catch something nasty. If you decide you are ready (an entire separate conversation), then make sure you take care of yourself and don't sleep with a whore or something. Use your head.
vampire_ninja
Killjoy
vampire_ninja
June 12th, 2007 at 01:26am
sex before marrage is good...i love it...lol...i think it is fine....but u have to think about if sumthing goes wrong..like..a chick getting pregnant or getting HIV/AIDS or sumthing...then its shit...but otherwise its fine ....

thats my opinion anyway