Don't have an account? Create one!

Pre-Marital Sex

AuthorMessage
apple.
Always Born a Crime
apple.
May 15th, 2007 at 06:49pm
mrsholyfro:
If you feel ready, and are with the right person, I have absolutely no problem at all with pre-marital sex.
druscilla.
Bleeding on the Floor
druscilla.
May 15th, 2007 at 07:04pm
Cigarettes And Suicide:
yoey962:
but drusilla in rags has a point.
sex the first time is likely to hurt and the feelings and sensations can take a while to get used to.
the first time is also unlikely to go perfectly to plan.
so maybe the honeymoon isn't the best place for that, and experimentation before marriage could make that night even more special as you will know how to make it special.

Oh yeah, I totally agree with that point. First times are always nerve-wracking, awkward, tend to be messy, and you tend to sit there afterwards and go, '...Oh........ well... uh, maybe it gets better with practice or something?'
I'm glad that all the weirdness was a distant memory by the time my wedding night rolled around. The memories I have of it aren't anything spectacular, but they are more special than what I would have remembered if it had been my first time.

I'm still a virgin and will be for a few more weeks, but I remember the first few times I was intimate with my fiance it didn't live up to my daydreams at all.
It took awhile to get used to it and to realize that it wasn't going to be perfect. I was slightly upset that things weren't exactly the way they were in my mind.
I'm so glad I'm not going to have to worry about that on my honeymoon.
You have enough to deal with when you first get married; why have the added problem of discovering that sex isn't what you expected.
Stripey-Stripes.
Motor Baby
Stripey-Stripes.
May 15th, 2007 at 10:36pm
I think that pre-marital sex is going to happen, religious beliefs or not. I have several friends who took "virginity pleadges" at church, and within a year, they had both had sex with two different people.
i believe that if your safe, and responsible about it, and the other person isn't, you know, 12, then I don;t see what the problem is.
I personally think that waiting uncomplicates the entire problem. No worries. It's all with what your comfortable with.
Xfriday_im_in_loveX
Killjoy
Xfriday_im_in_loveX
May 16th, 2007 at 09:45pm
i dont understand even the point of marraige.
i havent believed in it for years
and honestly, a ring on your finger and a binch of paperwork
doesnt mean youre in love. it just makes the break up alot messier
addictedto_mychem
Joining The Black Parade
addictedto_mychem
May 16th, 2007 at 11:18pm
I personally don't see anything wrong with it. I mean, when you reach a certain age 17, 18 you enter more serious relationships and usually involve sex. But I think you should only do it if like many of you said, both people are mature enough and ready. And obviously love and care about eachother.
EMO_TEDDY
Jazz Hands
EMO_TEDDY
May 18th, 2007 at 10:02am
personaly i dont mind it as long as the decison is from both partners and they both agree then its fine however personally i respect girl who keep there virginity till they are 16 at least
Silverstein
Bleeding on the Floor
Silverstein
May 18th, 2007 at 04:56pm
It's so wrong. Of course, I was raised that way, but people who want to have premarital sex are just a bunch of horny perverts. If two people really love each other, they can wait till they're married.
chloeBAM
Fabulous Killjoy
chloeBAM
May 18th, 2007 at 06:51pm

i think it's ok as long as both parties are mature and both ready, definately not when one is putting pressure on the other to do it. If they're both careful and neither will regret it, I think it's ok. Although, personally, I'd rather wait, although not necessarily until marriage, until I am 100% sure I am in love with the person it's with.
vampires_hurt_me
Fabulous Killjoy
vampires_hurt_me
May 20th, 2007 at 05:26pm
MyChemicalDeath:
It's so wrong. Of course, I was raised that way, but people who want to have premarital sex are just a bunch of horny perverts. If two people really love each other, they can wait till they're married.

I don't think it's fair to say that they're "horny perverts." To a point, the idea of marriage being tied to sex is kind of ridiculous; if two people truly care about each other and want to express their love in a physical way, they shouldn't be bound by some arbitrary ceremony, a ring, and some paperwork.

Don't get me wrong; marriage is a truly beautiful thing, I think that the idea of people who are willing to commit themselves to each other for life is great. I just find it ridiculous that certain ways of expressing your love for each other should be held off until you perform a certain ceremony.
xXDrop.The.DaggerXx
Killjoy
xXDrop.The.DaggerXx
May 20th, 2007 at 09:49pm
I don't think it's fair to say that they're "horny perverts." To a point, the idea of marriage being tied to sex is kind of ridiculous; if two people truly care about each other and want to express their love in a physical way, they shouldn't be bound by some arbitrary ceremony, a ring, and some paperwork.

Don't get me wrong; marriage is a truly beautiful thing, I think that the idea of people who are willing to commit themselves to each other for life is great. I just find it ridiculous that certain ways of expressing your love for each other should be held off until you perform a certain ceremony.[/quote]

I agree with you. It's not fair to say anyone who has sex before marriage is a horny pervert. Waiting until after marriage to have sex is a purely personal choice, and often based on your belief system. I'm pagan, and I've also been taught that I don't have to wait until I'm married to have sex, and I haven't. But I've always been very careful and hold very high standards as to who I'm willing to do it with. I don't think I'm a horny pervert. You're free to choose to wait, and no one can tell you you're a prude just because you make that choice. So, likewise, you shouldn't call someone a pervert just because you don't agree.
yoey962
Bleeding on the Floor
yoey962
May 21st, 2007 at 03:50pm
i think pre-marital sex also depends on the hormonal make up of a person as well.
a couple could be deeply in love, yet have no interest in sex as a form of showing their love.
another couple might be in love as well but feel that showing that love physically is a very important part of their relationship, and would therefore be far more likely to have sex before they were married, compared to the first couple.
if a person is intersted in sex and has a strong curiosity about it they are much more likely to experiment before marrige.
DegenerateHippie
Killjoy
DegenerateHippie
May 21st, 2007 at 06:32pm
x-crimsonregret-x:
I think as long as the couple is ready and confident of their descision it's fine.

Not a good idea.... even though a person might feel ready, you have to think about the people around them. parents find out, escpecialy ones that are really attune to their kids life, and theyre REALLY pissed off. it's the whole ordeal now, and the girl cant see or speak to the boy, or vice versa. and lives get messed up (rarely ruined beyond fixing..) and relationships get torn limb from limb. i speak from personal experience, those of you who are a bit skeptical. this might not always be the case, and i know that. but most times, parents will react this way.
DegenerateHippie
Killjoy
DegenerateHippie
May 21st, 2007 at 06:34pm
MyChemicalDeath:

true, but some people dont want to wait. and, if they really do love each other, then of course their relationship wont be ruined by it, 'cause some will say that if you do have sex before marriage, then the relationship will fall apart.

I
Cigarettes And Suicide
Bleeding on the Floor
Cigarettes And Suicide
May 21st, 2007 at 07:02pm
DegenerateHippie:
Not a good idea.... even though a person might feel ready, you have to think about the people around them. parents find out, escpecialy ones that are really attune to their kids life, and theyre REALLY pissed off. it's the whole ordeal now, and the girl cant see or speak to the boy, or vice versa. and lives get messed up (rarely ruined beyond fixing..) and relationships get torn limb from limb. i speak from personal experience, those of you who are a bit skeptical. this might not always be the case, and i know that. but most times, parents will react this way.

The issue isn't kids having sex, it's people who aren't married having sex. These couples could be in their 20's or 30's for all you know. It's a hypothetical situation.
Sure, there may be some parents who find out and wig out when they know their kid's had sex, but I would hope that those parents are few and far between. They have to realise that at some point their children are going to grow up and make their own decisions, whether the parent approves or not. Of course, that would depend a lot too on how old you are - when my mum caught me doing it at almost-16, she freaked, but knew that there was nothing she could do to change the fact that it had already happened, and therefore doing something dumb like banning us from seeing each other would accomplish nothing. However, if I'd been, say, 13 or 14, it would have been a much different story. And what about the people who are 'doing it' for the first time at 17 or 18? That's still pre-marital sex, but they are old enough to make their own decisions without their parents interfering.

...and then of course, there are the vast majority of parents who never have an inkling of what their kids are getting up to, whether it be because the parents are far too busy with their own stuff, naive enough to believe that their kids will do as they're told without questioning it, or the kids are smart enough to be careful and not be found out until they're ready to let everyone know.
Jayohen
Fabulous Killjoy
Jayohen
May 21st, 2007 at 07:51pm
Well..

Okay, this is just my opinion, I think that its imoral, and wrong for a couple to get have sex before marriage. If they really love eachother, and are really ready, then they should also be ready for commitment to eachother, and marriage. If they truely love eachother, they would get married first.
druscilla.
Bleeding on the Floor
druscilla.
May 21st, 2007 at 08:32pm
blackrosequeen:
Well..

Okay, this is just my opinion, I think that its imoral, and wrong for a couple to get have sex before marriage. If they really love eachother, and are really ready, then they should also be ready for commitment to eachother, and marriage. If they truely love eachother, they would get married first.

What if they're gay and can never get married?
Or what if they can't afford to be married for a long time?
And what if they're engaged? Obviously they really do love each other and have made a commitment to each other.
Why does that commitment have to be marriage?
I'm having sex before I'm married, but it doesn't make me love my fiance any less.
idk. my bff jill?
Demolition Lover
idk. my bff jill?
May 21st, 2007 at 09:12pm
I'm Christian,so I'm not supposed to have sex before marriage,but I personally don't agree with that. Whatever floats your boat is fine with me. I personally wouldn't have sex until I was engaged,about to be engaged,or married.
Demonic.
Motor Baby
Demonic.
May 21st, 2007 at 09:59pm
MyChemicalDeath:

I sort of agree, but why are they horny perverts? A couple may be in love, and maybe that's just how they express their love for each other...through sex. And even if a couple is in love, marriage is a big decision, and they might not be 100% ready for a lifetime commitment. What about engaged couples?
druscilla.
Bleeding on the Floor
druscilla.
May 21st, 2007 at 10:47pm
MyChemicalDeath:

That's such an ignorant statement.
I'm a horny pervert. That's why I masturbate.
But I'm a virgin and the only person I'm ever going to have sex with is my wife, though we will have sex before we're married.
I'm engaged right now.
I see no problem in premarital sex and I definitely don't see a problem with people who are engaged having sex.
It's a natural act. Why deny nature?
shitthatwascyanide
Salute You in Your Grave
shitthatwascyanide
May 21st, 2007 at 10:59pm
druscilla; in rags:

What if they're gay and can never get married?

just thought i'd point out that in massachusetts (USA) gay people can get married.