Don't have an account? Create one!

Pre-Marital Sex

AuthorMessage
JustASadSong.
Jazz Hands
JustASadSong.
December 23rd, 2006 at 03:07am
I think it's okay

it depends on the person..I myself wouldn't wait til I'm married but thats just me.
Slacker
Killjoy
Slacker
December 23rd, 2006 at 03:47pm
I think its fine, if the couple is happy then they should.
Bitter For Sweet.
Fabulous Killjoy
Bitter For Sweet.
December 30th, 2006 at 02:07pm
One, I have no religion, so there isn't a lot of information I can give out there.
Two.
I do think that pre-marital sex isn't great. Especially not in the teenage years. But if you feel that you really do love someone and you're not just having sex with them to make them like you or things like that, it's okay.
conflictingXromance
Killjoy
conflictingXromance
December 31st, 2006 at 12:06am
i don't think pre-marital sex is good nor smart. I believe in waiting for marriage so you know that your commiting yourself to the right person and not some person you aren't truely in love with or won't be together with for a while. I know you can get married, have sex, then get divorced and then say they didn't wait for the right person. But marriage is about the most permanent thing you can have with someone, so considering marriage can't last, then that would mean people would never have sex, which isn't realistic. so yeah that's basically my opinion..
dirty_babe
Killjoy
dirty_babe
January 6th, 2007 at 09:06pm
i hate to say this because i'm a christian and i go to church and all that good stuff... but i think its right for some people. i'm not one of them, i'm just saying, if your smart, out of your teens (please emphasize that, because teenage pregnancies are just plain idiotic), you actually care for the other person on a mature level, and you know the consiquences of your actions, i think its alright if your inlove and like... PLAN on getting married...

that was a long reply...
but yeah...
thats my opinion.
elliephant
Bleeding on the Floor
elliephant
January 7th, 2007 at 12:16pm
I think there's nothing wrong with pre-marital sex, and not just for people out of their teens. I think with teens, that if you're both seriously ready for sex then why not do it, as long as you're using as many kinds of birth control as you can. Some people never want to get married, that doesn't mean they should never have sex, or even children if they want to.
Bibz
Really Not Okay
Bibz
January 7th, 2007 at 12:31pm
there's nothing wrong with pre-marital sex. its way of relegion to control you. and at the rate of marriage failures now-a-days its lost all meaning.

Secondly there's a difference between pre-marital sex and random sex. Random sex is well, skanky
Drowning Lessons
Killjoy
Drowning Lessons
January 7th, 2007 at 01:16pm
Okay, I see nothing wrong with it. It pisses me off when people who aren't even religious are like "Sex b4 marriage is s00 b@d. U r aganst teh bible." It's like, No, you don't even believe, so seriously, stop. I understand if you really are religious, but if you're using the bible to tell someone they're wrong, and you don't even believe what the bible is saying 99%of the time, then you just look like an idiot. Sorry, it was a chance to rant. xD;
the.sound.of.black
Jazz Hands
the.sound.of.black
January 7th, 2007 at 09:38pm
haha I rekon it's up to the individual. Some people are more sentimental than others. Either way I don't think it makes anyone any less of a person if they have sex before marriage or not. It's their choice and good for them. They only liked virgins 2000 years ago to make sure they didn't have diseases, they weren't preggers with someone elses kid and who knows some other sick reasons......old predator men of the ancient times.

I was watching this show the other night....it was late and I was bored. Called losing it and in this African school the girls are proded in their private bit twice a week by this woman to make sure they are still virgins.

No one cares about the men. The girls have to be pure. Im glad I'm not in that African school.
MetalliDeth
Killjoy
MetalliDeth
January 11th, 2007 at 11:29am
I think people should try to aim for not doing it until they are married. But, if they do before. I find nothing wrong with it.
idk. my bff jill?
Demolition Lover
idk. my bff jill?
January 11th, 2007 at 07:22pm
Do you believe sex before marriage is good or bad?
I think it's fine if you and your partner are both ready and being safe.

Does your religion prevent sex before marriage?
Yes. It does. And I'm sticking with that until I'm married.

How do you think society impacts on young adolescents who have sex before marriage - and in what ways might they regret it? People can and probably will talk about them. I saw this girl at Kmart who looked about 14 and had a child that looked around 1 or 2 years old.
the.sound.of.black
Jazz Hands
the.sound.of.black
January 11th, 2007 at 07:30pm
Yeah it could have been her brother or sister. I am 12 years older than my little brother and we would go shopping and I would just be holding him and people would glare at me and give me dirty looks.....unbelievable. People are to quick to assume and judge.

Do we have a teen pregnancy thread?
Hand_in_hand_we_die
Killjoy
Hand_in_hand_we_die
January 11th, 2007 at 07:55pm
I have nothing against it.
I mean, I used to be a hardcore christian, and thought it was the most evil thing ever
but i got over that
and now im cool with it
I mean it's your choice really, if youlove someone, regardless of race, sex, or bubblegum flavor (CSI episode rofl) and you feel like its time to have a sexual relationship with that person, than follow yuor heart and do it.
Demented
Killjoy
Demented
January 12th, 2007 at 02:14am
Before having pre-marital sex, you need to reach a certain level of maturity and understanding. Not only understanding yourself, your partner, your actions, consequences and reasons but also understanding that this may not sit well with other people.
I for one am sick of seeing prostitute-looking girls in high school bragging about boyfriends and first times and neglect. Think before you act. Pre-marital sex is not "IN" and dont do it because of peer pressure. When you're ready and you fully understand the concept, you'll know. Till then, stick to making out.
The Apocalypse.
Salute You in Your Grave
The Apocalypse.
February 9th, 2007 at 06:09pm
i have nothing against it.
i believe that if the time is right for you and your partner and you feel mature enough then you should go for it.
druscilla.
Bleeding on the Floor
druscilla.
February 9th, 2007 at 08:01pm
Do you believe sex before marriage is good or bad?
I believe it's good, but I have no problem with people who don't believe in it so long as they don't shove their opinions on me. It's a personal choice and I view it as one.

I think if you're going to have sex with many partners, you're an idiot not to use protection.

I also personally believe you should only have sex in a relationship.
EATEN ALIVE
Thinking Happy Thoughts
EATEN ALIVE
February 10th, 2007 at 01:47pm
Demented:
Before having pre-marital sex, you need to reach a certain level of maturity and understanding. Not only understanding yourself, your partner, your actions, consequences and reasons but also understanding that this may not sit well with other people.
I for one am sick of seeing prostitute-looking girls in high school bragging about boyfriends and first times and neglect. Think before you act. Pre-marital sex is not "IN" and dont do it because of peer pressure. When you're ready and you fully understand the concept, you'll know. Till then, stick to making out.

that was well said.
i think you should first have relationship, then have sex.

is it good or bad?
depends totally on the person. if you are mature enough to 'handle it' and you want it, go ahead. if you do it just to get laid, to have it over with or something, then....errm, not so good.

i respect those who want to wait till marriage, and also those who dont.

my religion totally tells to wait till marriage. but like, im not even sure if i ever want to/will get married. and when i was in confirmation training camp, and we had grouptalks about this, the priest said that if you are old and mature enough and in long-term relationship with someone you truly love, its not that bad.
girl interrupted.
Salute You in Your Grave
girl interrupted.
February 10th, 2007 at 04:33pm
I don't have a problem with it.
As long as people don't get a boyfriend/girlfriend every week and have sex with them all.
If your religion says you can't, don't go all judgemental of people who do.
As long as they use protection and are sure they're both ready.
Wanja
In a Hail of Bullets
Wanja
February 12th, 2007 at 09:47am
As long as you are "legal" it doesn't really matter, as long as you are in love.. Smile
Beeblebrox
Really Not Okay
Beeblebrox
February 12th, 2007 at 04:31pm
Personally, I would never buy a car without test driving it first. I did choose to have sex before marriage. I was completely responsible with my actions, made every step with care and precautions and never ended up with a baby or a disease. Like most have already mentioned, it is a simple combination of educating yourself, communicating with your partner and being responsible.

And now about to be a married woman, I do not feel that pre-marital sex has in any way lessened, cheapened or damaged my relationship with my fiancé. I do not regret the choice I made whatsoever. We have been together for many years and have been through many difficult times and we feel as strong as ever. That said, I completely respect those who abstain from sex for their beliefs. I have my own strong beliefs in God, but they do not fall into any one strict religion.