Don't have an account? Create one!

Pre-Marital Sex

AuthorMessage
the original JULES
Demolition Lover
the original JULES
December 13th, 2006 at 06:00am
The other thread about this topic was deleted, due to outrageous spam.
This is NOT a thread to talk about YOUR first time.
It is to discuss your OPINION about the topic - in this case pre-marital sex.

Do you believe sex before marriage is good or bad?
Does your religion prevent sex before marriage?
How do you think society impacts on young adolescents who have sex before marriage - and in what ways might they regret it?

Do NOT spam this thread, otherwise I will delete it and it will not be remade.
threads
Shotgun Sinner
threads
December 13th, 2006 at 06:39am
I find nothing wrong with it.
As long as you don't get kids... it's not safe for a kid to grow up in a relationship that could be torn apart just like that.

I? I have no religion.
Alex DeLarge.
Motor Baby
Alex DeLarge.
December 13th, 2006 at 08:47am
I can see where it would cause some conflict in someone who is very moral and devout to their faith, but in a normal, everyday, walking-down-the-street person? I don't see why it's a big deal. Provided, of course, that they use protection. Teenage pregnancy? No thanks...but that's a whole different discussion altogether,,,
Mr.Tom
Jazz Hands
Mr.Tom
December 13th, 2006 at 10:27am
Hmm

Welll

I dont really think its a good idea....it could wreak a relationship...the girl could get pregnant...her mom and dad wouldnt be pleased...You could argue saying use a condom...it could burst...I dont think my girlfriend would be happy if she got pregnant...but we are only 12 so we are too young anyway..maybe at 18 if we are still together...or we broke up for some reason (mainly those "friends" I have) and got back together...I already said to her I would marry her if it wasnt for law saying youve gotta be at least 18...

Just my veiw

Tom
my happy ending
Killjoy
my happy ending
December 13th, 2006 at 12:11pm
Yeah. I feel that pre-marital is ok because if you both agree upon it and decide together that you're mature enough to deal wit the concequences, I don't see what the big deal is, providing that you use protection, of course.
Ceiling Gerard
Awake and Unafraid
Ceiling Gerard
December 13th, 2006 at 01:42pm
Premartial sex is fine as long as the parties are mature enough to understand the consequences. Girls should ALWAYS be on birthcontrol as condoms are not always 100% effective, and girls...ALWAYS make a guy wear a condom. Don't fall for stupid excuses like "I can't." I think the parties need to be in a stable relationship before they decide to make love.

Of course I don't look down on people who have sex for the fun of it, since at the core sex has always been a physical act until about 250 years ago when the concept of Love was spoken about. But I think glorifying premiscouse(spl, sorry just woke) is wrong. It gives younger kids bad ideas, without the knowledge of how to protect themselves or the consequence involved.
x-crimsonregret-x
Killjoy
x-crimsonregret-x
December 13th, 2006 at 04:58pm
I think as long as the couple is ready and confident of their descision it's fine.
abcdefrankiero
Killjoy
abcdefrankiero
December 13th, 2006 at 09:20pm
It really just depends on the couple situation. Personally, I don't think I will. It's against my religion. But I don't see much wrong in it, as long as the couple is ready. But personally, I'm going to wait.
MusicalMueth
Killjoy
MusicalMueth
December 13th, 2006 at 09:26pm
I think that if a couple is ready to take responsibility for what might lie ahead due to what they chose to do, then they can do what they want. This means that if they get pregnant, they won't turn around and have an abortion. They need to be aware of STDs and such, but other than that it's their choice.
My religion is against pre-marital sex but doesn't prevent it. The truth is, we all have free will. nothing can prevent people from doing what they want to do if they've got their mind set to it.
I think society has a HUGE impact on the age that kids are having sex these days. They've got condom commercials on all the time nowadays, in magazines there are all these articles about how to have a better sex life. It's suffocating! Kids today are being taught that sex is okay if you want to 'have fun.' they don't realize that what they're really doing is commiting themselves to something that they're not ready for.
Jeffree Star
Motor Baby
Jeffree Star
December 14th, 2006 at 11:46am
I think if a boy and a girl are really love eachother they would get married first. I was taught to have sex after I was married, and I still believe that.
Nikkilodeon
Bleeding on the Floor
Nikkilodeon
December 14th, 2006 at 08:11pm
well this is hard for me because from my religion i learned not to but my mother has always said that if i wanted to just to approach her and we could work stuff out i dont think its right but then again when your a teenager now days it is really hard to be in a serious relationship (meaning lasting more than a year) and not think of that or think you want to or even do
asha shake.
Devil's Got Your Number
asha shake.
December 14th, 2006 at 09:44pm
I don't think there is anything wrong with sex before marriage.
I know a lot of people say waiting until marriage is better because then you have waited for the right person, but just because you are married, it doesn't necessarily mean you will be with the right person.
Marriage is not a permanant thing (as seen by divorce and seperation rates), so if somebody has waited until marriage and then they break up with their spouse, well they haven't really waited for the right person, have they?

Also, people change.
The right person at one point in your life may be somebody completely wrong at a different stage in life.
The main thing is, if you are going to sleep with somebody, it doesn't really matter if you are married to them or not, you just need to know that you won't regret it later.
You need to respect and trust the person, because it is quite an intimate thing, but you don't have to be married to have that respect and trust.
Jeffree Star
Motor Baby
Jeffree Star
December 15th, 2006 at 11:56am
Asha Molly:
I don't think there is anything wrong with sex before marriage.
I know a lot of people say waiting until marriage is better because then you have waited for the right person, but just because you are married, it doesn't necessarily mean you will be with the right person.
Marriage is not a permanant thing (as seen by divorce and seperation rates), so if somebody has waited until marriage and then they break up with their spouse, well they haven't really waited for the right person, have they?

Also, people change.
The right person at one point in your life may be somebody completely wrong at a different stage in life.
The main thing is, if you are going to sleep with somebody, it doesn't really matter if you are married to them or not, you just need to know that you won't regret it later.
You need to respect and trust the person, because it is quite an intimate thing, but you don't have to be married to have that respect and trust.

That's true but it's there choice if they're ready than I guess its there time.
Standupfuckingtall.
Killjoy
Standupfuckingtall.
December 15th, 2006 at 11:18pm
I think its just fine if you're going to stay with the person for quite a while...not a one night stand.
Ignore Alien Orders
Salute You in Your Grave
Ignore Alien Orders
December 15th, 2006 at 11:43pm
i think the only time i could be against someone else doing it is if they're way too young. i think fifteen at the youngest.

seriously, it's your bedroom, do what you want, so long as you're not hurting anyone. i do think that you should use a condom and birth control pills unless you're trying to concieve. i think i wouldn't have sex with someone i didn't love, but that's just me. i have no said religion, so it really doesn't matter in that context--but i was raised catholic, and catholics are adamantly against premarital sex.
makemearedcape
Killjoy
makemearedcape
December 16th, 2006 at 04:22am

See, that's the thing...Marriage is MEANT to be a permanent thing. I hate this idea a lot of people have now that marriage isn't permanent. I think it's just because divorce is so easy nowadays, that the importance marriage used to have to people, has just been lost. When you marry someone, you're pledging eternity to them, but I know...sometimes what we think is a right decision at one time, turns out to be completely bad one...so people divorce. Getting back to the topic of pre-marital sex, my religion is against pre-marital sex...and I support that, just because of the deep consequence and meaning that sex has to me. But I understand, it doesn't mean as much to a lot of people, or a lot of people feel that they don't want or need to get married but they feel they have found "the one" so they want to have sex out of wedlock. But in the end, my opinion is that...I personally don't want to have pre-marital sex, but I feel that everyone can make up their own minds either way, on how they feel. It's their body and their life. But anyways...this all stems back to my beliefs in marriage: to me...it's permanent. I would surely hope that if I get married, it is to the "right person".

<3makemearedcape
vampires_rock
Killjoy
vampires_rock
December 16th, 2006 at 03:49pm
i dont really know,i suppose it depends,what is someone who was like 27 has found 'the one' but yet maybe they dont want to get married but they still want to have sex,its up to them really,if they are ready to face the consequences then yeah they should go for it.
like me i dont want to get married(i dont know why i just dont) but i dont really wanna die a virgin either so you know,it all comes down to the persons thoughts,opinions and beliefs.
Franktastic.
Bleeding on the Floor
Franktastic.
December 16th, 2006 at 06:23pm
pre-marital sex in grown ups weren't that bad. but if your a teenager and you had sex with your all of your past boyfriends, thinking that everytime u have sex is it's the right time and you love him. you deserve a smack. you really need to wait for the right person to come. and relationships in teens doen't last that long. but it still depends on that person.
Rock Until You Drop
Fabulous Killjoy
Rock Until You Drop
December 18th, 2006 at 12:43pm
I think it's ok to have sex before you're married, as my parents aren't married, although you shouldn't have sex without making sure not to have a baby (ie: condom) but I don't think it's wrong, because it's your choice whether you want to or not.
yoey962
Bleeding on the Floor
yoey962
December 18th, 2006 at 02:01pm
i think it depends what your doing. if you really like the guy or girl, and you want to explore each other further and get to know each other more intimately then its ok to go all the way. however, i think when your just having fun you should stop before sex happens. its just one step to far. i mean if you give it up that quickly, what have you got left to give?