Don't have an account? Create one!

Pre-Marital Sex

AuthorMessage
M!ChA3L
Killjoy
M!ChA3L
April 25th, 2007 at 12:38am
I think that if someone that hhas sex before there married then so be it but if the girl gets pregnant prepare for the consequences of that.
SINATRA
Bleeding on the Floor
SINATRA
April 25th, 2007 at 11:20am
As long as you do it because you want to and you are ready, then I'm fine with it. Just be smart and use protection. I do, however, disagree with 13-year-olds having sex. I think there is definitely a point where you are too young to go into something so mature.
Disillusioned.
Fabulous Killjoy
Disillusioned.
April 25th, 2007 at 11:58am
As I don't have a religion, and I'm pretty atheist and dissagree with everything religious, I don't have a problem with it. People don't need a ring on their finger to have sex, just to be emotionally ready. Plus, do you want to die a virgin? What if you never get married? It might happen. So yeah, no problems with it here.
Cigarettes And Suicide
Bleeding on the Floor
Cigarettes And Suicide
April 26th, 2007 at 01:21am
I'm all for sex with the right person, in the right circumstance, but I could never imagine marrying someone before losing my virginity.
Try before you buy, etc - sounds cliched, but my opinion is that if you at least get a little experience, maybe try out a couple of different things before making that kind of commitment, it could save you a lot of trouble in the long run.
Because you're meant to enjoy sex, and if you marry someone without knowing if you're sexually compatible, you could be letting yourself in for a lifetime of regret, frustration, feeling neglected, disappointment, and always wondering what it's like for everyone else.
Frankie-Oreo
Salute You in Your Grave
Frankie-Oreo
April 26th, 2007 at 03:29am
it annoys me that when someone says pre-marital sex theres always someone saying
YOU WILL GET PREGNANT! DONT DO IT SLUTS!

theres nothing wrong with what Cigarettes and Suicide said, try before you buy.

thats why so many kids get maried so young, they wanna do it so bad.
Cigarettes And Suicide
Bleeding on the Floor
Cigarettes And Suicide
April 26th, 2007 at 04:49am
Frankie-Oreo:
it annoys me that when someone says pre-marital sex theres always someone saying
YOU WILL GET PREGNANT! DONT DO IT SLUTS!

theres nothing wrong with what Cigarettes and Suicide said, try before you buy.

thats why so many kids get maried so young, they wanna do it so bad.

...and then they get divorced six months later because they don't really like the person and just wanted to se what all the fuss was about without feeling guilty or ashamed, or because the sex kinda sucked.
Pre-marital sex doesn't always lead to pregnancy, trust me, the shit they teach you in school about how you can get pregnant just by a guy breathing in your direction is totally untrue.
In actual fact, there's only about 24 - 30 days in a year that a girl/woman can fall pregnant - you just can't guarantee what days those ones are, so it's better to play it safe.

I just think people who get married before doing anything of an intimate nature are a bit silly... what if they have no idea how to please you, and you have no idea what pleasure is? At least make an attempt to discover what it's all about, what goes where, and how it's meant to feel, or you could find yourself regretting a lot of stuff. Seriously, nobody has to know - and God's not going to send you off to burn in hell for eternity for getting naked.
In saying that, wear a condom, be on the Pill, get an Implanon or a hormone injection (the last two are, like, 99.7% foolproof, by the way), and go have some fun - it's human to experiment and enjoy sex! (Not that I'm encouraging you to go screw around, do it with someone special, but I wouldn't marry someone without at least checking out what they're like in the sack - what happens if they suck or are just plain selfish when it comes to that stuff?)

By the way, not everyone who engages in pre-marital sex is a nympho or a whore - they become that when they've done it with ten different guys in the space of a year. I've done it with a couple of people other than my husband, before we met, and those times I was in a committed relationship for a lengthy period of time and didn't see anything wrong or slutty about it. I'm just a human being.
nothing
Bleeding on the Floor
nothing
April 26th, 2007 at 04:50pm
If you feel ready, and are with the right person, I have absolutely no problem at all with pre-marital sex.
And as Frankie-Oreo said, people just get married at a younger age. That's the case in countries and cultures where pre-marital sex is a strict "no-no". If both partners are ready, and it's not illigal, there's nothing wrong with it at all, and peope who engage in it are definitely not "whores".
However, I do also respect people who are against pre-marital sex... I can ultimately see their point of view as well, I guess.
Meena
Jazz Hands
Meena
April 26th, 2007 at 08:34pm
i don't see what difference it makes having sex before marriage or having your first time when you get married. if you get divorced, that's you officially screwed. waste, really. it's just a stupid bit of paper anyway, marriage i mean. the paper of doooom.
Cigarettes And Suicide
Bleeding on the Floor
Cigarettes And Suicide
April 26th, 2007 at 09:44pm
Meena:
it's just a stupid bit of paper anyway, marriage i mean. the paper of doooom.

I don't know about overseas, but some witty Australian has a great sense of humour... my husband and I downloaded and printed off the 'Intention to Wed' forms that we had to file at least a month before we could get married, and the funny thing was, they were 'Form 13' under the Marriage Act.
lolz0rs, anyway I know that was totally off-topic...

but yeah, I don't see how much of a difference it makes getting your gear off before putting a ring on your finger. By no means do I condone, say, 13-year-olds getting around doing it, but if you're in a relationship and ready to go down that path, I don't think there's anything wrong with it at all.
Religion has a lot to answer for as far as making people feel guilty over things that they really shouldn't, but that's a whole other thread.
druscilla.
Bleeding on the Floor
druscilla.
April 26th, 2007 at 10:43pm
Sorry.
Wrong thread.
SINATRA
Bleeding on the Floor
SINATRA
April 27th, 2007 at 01:13pm
Sweet Cyanide____X:
As I don't have a religion, and I'm pretty atheist and dissagree with everything religious, I don't have a problem with it. People don't need a ring on their finger to have sex, just to be emotionally ready. Plus, do you want to die a virgin? What if you never get married? It might happen. So yeah, no problems with it here.

what's wrong with dying a virgin?
druscilla.
Bleeding on the Floor
druscilla.
April 27th, 2007 at 05:30pm
Venom Dried Bones.:
Sweet Cyanide____X:

what's wrong with dying a virgin?

Nothing is if you want to.
But the majority of the population doesn't.
solong_and_goodnight
Killjoy
solong_and_goodnight
April 27th, 2007 at 07:50pm
Well...I have grown up in a household and a religion where everyone is supposed to save themselves until marriage....I know a girl in my family who didn't wait until marriage and she deeply regretted losing her virginity at an early age....I don't think it would be that bad like if you were engaged or something...but losing your virginity to someone and then marrying someone else could be serious trouble because you could get STDs or something (if the guy didn't use a condom).
Personally, I wouldn't do have pre-marital because that's how I've been raised, but I really don't like the idea of losing myself at such a young age.
My Hero:
Demolition Lover
My Hero:
April 27th, 2007 at 08:41pm
I have nothing against it at all, but my best friend does, and him and me fight over the subject a lot.

I think that if it's really what the two people want to do, then go for it, but take precautions.

I'm christian, so that is against my religion, and I don't think I'd be having sex outside of marraige because I feel that's a big step. But I really, truly don't see a problem with it, if that's what the two people want to do.

I just think that if people are going to do it they have to be wary of the consecuences, like STDs and getting pregnant.
me and my stomach
Thinking Happy Thoughts
me and my stomach
April 27th, 2007 at 10:41pm
i'm fine with it.

but if you ever break up, and hook up with a new someone who isn't into it, yoiu'll be kind of screwed isn't it?
Cigarettes And Suicide
Bleeding on the Floor
Cigarettes And Suicide
April 29th, 2007 at 05:10am
druscilla; in rags:
I don't see why girls want their honeymoon to be full of pain.
Personally, I think that you should have sex before marriage.
Even if it's once you get engaged. I don't want my honeymoon to be a night of blood and pain.
Maybe I'm just a hopeless romantic that way.
I'm referring to the breaking of the hymen.

It may or may not surprise you, but very, very few girls from Western society have an intact hymen by the time they reach their teens. Hardly anybody 'bleeds' anymore, because the use of tampons, vigorous exercise, sports such as horseriding etc, destroy the hymen waaaay before you're even thinking about losing your virginity. Just a point I thought I'd mention for those who are on the lookout for spotting on the sheets their first time - don't panic if there isn't any.

solong_and_goodnight:
I know a girl in my family who didn't wait until marriage and she deeply regretted losing her virginity at an early age....I don't think it would be that bad like if you were engaged or something...but losing your virginity to someone and then marrying someone else could be serious trouble because you could get STDs or something (if the guy didn't use a condom).
Personally, I wouldn't do have pre-marital because that's how I've been raised, but I really don't like the idea of losing myself at such a young age.

Having sex before marriage doesn't mean you're having unprotected sex or guaranteed to catch STDs - I feel the main catch with pre-marital sex is that you might be doing it with the wrong person, or for the wrong reasons, and that's why so many people regret it. They do it with the first person who wants them to because they're scared of being dumped and called 'frigid', or want to see what everyone's talking about, or so they don't feel left out when their friends are talking about it. Besides, there's still no guarantee that the guy/girl you marry is a virgin, and generally when you marry someone you're not using condoms as birth control, so you might be more likely to catch something nasty from your marital bed, as opposed to doing it with a boyfriend who's wearing a condom.
But if you are happy to stick with the morals your parents have taught you, and don't give in to peer pressure, then I applaud you for standing tall in the face of our super over-sexed society.

shuanghong:
but if you ever break up, and hook up with a new someone who isn't into it, you'll be kind of screwed isn't it?

As in, you believe that once you've done it, you have to do it with every partner, and therefore if you hook up with someone who isn't into it, you're screwed because you can't do it with them? That's kind of ridiculous, but then those who haven't been there can't really know what it's like.
The fact is, you can do it a bunch with one person, and then if your next partner is a virgin or whatever, it makes no difference - it's not like you feel the urge to do it constantly just because you've done it once. You either do or you don't, it's up to you and your partner, and if they're not ready then you always have your hand to help you while away the lonely nights.
sou kanarazu atta
Banned
sou kanarazu atta
April 29th, 2007 at 08:39am
I beliive pre-marital is okay as long the two people involed love each, I am not one for "Oh your hot let's have sex" world and then never see the person or even know there name, but you must ready if the girl get's pegnant to deal with like adutls since you were adult enough to have sex.
yoey962
Bleeding on the Floor
yoey962
May 15th, 2007 at 04:01pm
Cigarettes And Suicide:
druscilla; in rags:
I don't see why girls want their honeymoon to be full of pain.
Personally, I think that you should have sex before marriage.
Even if it's once you get engaged. I don't want my honeymoon to be a night of blood and pain.
Maybe I'm just a hopeless romantic that way.
I'm referring to the breaking of the hymen.

It may or may not surprise you, but very, very few girls from Western society have an intact hymen by the time they reach their teens. Hardly anybody 'bleeds' anymore, because the use of tampons, vigorous exercise, sports such as horseriding etc, destroy the hymen waaaay before you're even thinking about losing your virginity.

but drusilla in rags has a point.
sex the first time is likely to hurt and the feelings and sensations can take a while to get used to.
the first time is also unlikely to go perfectly to plan.
so maybe the honeymoon isn't the best place for that, and experimentation before marriage could make that night even more special as you will know how to make it special.
Chemically Dependent
Bleeding on the Floor
Chemically Dependent
May 15th, 2007 at 04:21pm
i dont see whats wrong w/ it as long as you use protection
Cigarettes And Suicide
Bleeding on the Floor
Cigarettes And Suicide
May 15th, 2007 at 06:47pm
yoey962:
but drusilla in rags has a point.
sex the first time is likely to hurt and the feelings and sensations can take a while to get used to.
the first time is also unlikely to go perfectly to plan.
so maybe the honeymoon isn't the best place for that, and experimentation before marriage could make that night even more special as you will know how to make it special.

Oh yeah, I totally agree with that point. First times are always nerve-wracking, awkward, tend to be messy, and you tend to sit there afterwards and go, '...Oh........ well... uh, maybe it gets better with practice or something?'
I'm glad that all the weirdness was a distant memory by the time my wedding night rolled around. The memories I have of it aren't anything spectacular, but they are more special than what I would have remembered if it had been my first time.