Don't have an account? Create one!

Pre-Marital Sex

AuthorMessage
Fezzik
Salute You in Your Grave
Fezzik
February 12th, 2007 at 04:42pm
^Agree, and, holycrapIloveyourusername. Very Happy

My take on it is that there are three things that should be required before having pre-marital sex: 1. The people love each other. 2. They are ready to take that step 3. They are safe.

Obviously, not everyone will follow the first two. But as long as they get the third right, it's really no one else's business. It's a personal decision, and no one should be pressured / forced into anything either way.
abeautifuldisaster
Killjoy
abeautifuldisaster
February 12th, 2007 at 05:30pm
atleast wait until you are out of your teenage years, because it is stupid to do it before then because of all the risks.

personally, i don't think it should happen at all. i know that will never happen, so I say to anyone who FEELS the need to, use DISCRECINCY.

i am not saying that everyone has two or three partners, but alot of people take every single relationship as the "one" and then end up having sex with that person. diseases are spreading fast. used to be that somting like 1 in every 15 people graduated with STDs now it is up to a scary 1 in 3. and statisticlly, almost half of those infected don't know it and give it to someone else. this statistic should not be raising as fast as it is.
as_lead_rains
Killjoy
as_lead_rains
February 12th, 2007 at 07:11pm
i think as long as you think your ready to have sex and your in love with the person its okay. but in the end its your choice
asshole.
Jazz Hands
asshole.
February 12th, 2007 at 07:51pm
i have no problem with it,
I may not do it myself, but i strongly believe that people can do whatever they want with their bodies.
If they are responsible, great, they are taking care of themselves.
But, if they AREN'T responsible and end up in trouble, that is their own fault, and they have to deal with it.
CAcT '-.-' tux
Salute You in Your Grave
CAcT '-.-' tux
February 13th, 2007 at 06:01am
From the look of opinions here, I say, if you don't talk God, then most people would do whatever they like with their lives including pre-marital sex. Consequences are soley your responsibility.

But if you strictly talk about a God in your life, then pre-marital sex is a no-no. Not because it's a religion & it's rules. For me, it's an understanding & faith in God that makes me chose against pre-marital sex. There's a lot of mistrust in marriage nowdays, but if a couple trusts not only each other, but God more than anything else, it strengthens marraige & kicks pre-marital sex out of the question...

...explanation- if you believe in marraige, then you'd save sex for after your wedding day (or on, whatever!) But if you say you have sex before marraige, but you stay married forever, then think of restraining from pre-marital sex as something to tell your partner (& vice versa) that you love them & trust them so much, that he/she is worth the wait for sex.

In the end of it, both you & your partner will mark your marraige with a lot more integrity & worth. For example, I know a newly-wed young couple who've never kissed until the altar (I trust their every word. They chose that for themselves, & not to tell people how good they were)

I've extremely against teenage sex. Teenage years are for self-development & discovery. I don't believe you can do that when you're tied up in relationships, so intimately involving another individual. Both sexes are constantly changing, esp. mentally, during teenage years...relationships hardly last. THEN, you might go through many more relationships until you get married like 10 years later. By then, you're marked with the experiences with so many guys/girls...of course, you'd be devoted to your spouse, but some people...compare. Avoiding sex before marraige is the best guarantee in your hands, to avoid against complications...& also to give you the best, not the second-best. At least in this area of relationships.
S713
Joining The Black Parade
S713
February 13th, 2007 at 02:55pm
Considering that most marriages last less then 5 years, i dont really see why it matters,...
asshole.
Jazz Hands
asshole.
February 13th, 2007 at 03:08pm
airwave parade, it is really cool that you think that, but that doesn't mean that everyone else needs to follow those standards.
Not everyone thinks of sex as such a big step in a relationship.
And I dont mean kids, i mean a lot of young adults and older than that.
everyone has different values, and everyone has different guidelines on how to live their lives.
So it isn't really fair to say that if you have pre-marital sex, you dont believe in marriage.
I personally do not plan on having sex before marriage, but i see no problem with other people doing it.
Beeblebrox
Really Not Okay
Beeblebrox
February 13th, 2007 at 04:49pm
airwave parade:
In the end of it, both you & your partner will mark your marraige with a lot more integrity & worth.

Avoiding sex before marraige is the best guarantee in your hands, to avoid against complications...& also to give you the best, not the second-best.

I whole-heartedly disagree. My parents waited and they HATE each other and are now divorced. Their marriage was riddled with complications: cheating, drug abuse, lies, deception. My mom (a very devoted Christian) has been married three times over. It all boiles down to lack of communication and distrust and not being truly compatible. I think the more honest, open and trustworthy people are with each other the better the marriage, regardless of sexual activity. Marital integrity is something that has to be created through trust.
OMG.
Salute You in Your Grave
OMG.
February 13th, 2007 at 05:10pm
I say pre-marital sex Isn't that bad. If the two peole a mature enough and understanding, if they actually are in love and are ready to go to the next step it's okay.
But it's not okay if you havbe pre-marital sex just to impress some one. SOme girl around where I live bragged about sleeping with 17 different men, She stopped when she learned she had aids.
I say if you are willing to wait to you wedding night to have sex to make it special in a way do, If the guy trully loves you he will wait.
KendallSaurusxxx
Killjoy
KendallSaurusxxx
February 13th, 2007 at 08:46pm
I do not think it is okay because we might think we are old and can make this life changing decision but we really aren't that old and we shouldn't because you haven't devoted your life to that person til your married and [[maybe]] the person is using you for sex (happened with some of my friends)
CAcT '-.-' tux
Salute You in Your Grave
CAcT '-.-' tux
February 14th, 2007 at 01:55am
stripxjointVET:

If I sounded I was enforcing this on everyone, that completely wasn't in my intentions- I said in the 2nd paragraph "it's NOT religion & it's NOT rules". The point of this thread is to share opinions & viewpoints & I reckon I was doing exactly that. All I said was my reasoned-out understanding of saving sex after marraige.

If you backread my post & put that part about believing in marraige into context, it was linked from the paragraph that talks about my Christian viewpoint of it. If it's still unclear, I will re-word it: "If you believe in MY Christian viewpoint of marraige...". Better?
CAcT '-.-' tux
Salute You in Your Grave
CAcT '-.-' tux
February 14th, 2007 at 02:09am
Beeblebrox:
what you said about your parents' marriage is true & you're right about maritial integrity created through trust. However I cannot put an opinion on your parents' case according to my opinion of pre-marital sex. I don't know the whole story & I will not judge.

To make things clearer, saving sex for marraige is NOT the magic formula for a 'perfect' marraige. As you've said, Beeblebrox, marriage needs communication, openess & trust. And I'm just adding the point that saving sex for marriage is one of the tests of trust...& I believe it's a big one...
asha shake.
Devil's Got Your Number
asha shake.
February 15th, 2007 at 06:32pm
Trinted T:
I say fuck, let em' have some fun. You don't want to get married to someone who's no good anyways. How else are you supposed to find out.

That is ridiculous.
You say "You don't want to get married to someone who's no good anyways", well if that is your opinion maybe you shouldn't get married at all. Sex isn't what marriage is about.
Marriage is a union between people who love each other, and whilst sex is a part of that (although not always), the union is not based on sex.
It is about love, and sex isn't an essential part of love.
don't aim to please.
Banned
don't aim to please.
February 15th, 2007 at 07:38pm
If that's what you wanna do...go for it.
broken.
Jazz Hands
broken.
February 15th, 2007 at 08:02pm
I really think it's someone's own opinion, it is their lives.
Intoxicating; Poser.
Really Not Okay
Intoxicating; Poser.
February 15th, 2007 at 08:22pm
Alright... I didn't read everyone's comments, but here's what I think:
First of all, I don't have a religion. That does not mean I love the idea of pre-marital sex. I myself would not have sex before marriage.
Secondly, I agree with makemearedcape in that marriage is meant to be a perminant thing. And to you, Asha Molly, be aware that the increase divorce is linked to the increase of teen or pre-marital pregnancies. People have sex, are not properly protected, or something goes wrong, and they concieve. Then they think, 'Oh, okay, now we have a kid. Well... we want the kid to grow up in a good family, right? So I guess we should get married.' Most of the time those marriages don't work out because, yes, people change. And yes, if a person was right for you at one point they might not be right for you at another. I do realize not all divorces are because of this, but I also realize that many are.
Also, MusicalMueth is right in saying kids need to be more aware of STDs and other consiquences, as today's society does revolve sickeningly around sex most of the time.
Lastly, in my opinion, if a couple does get pregnant they should explore their options. You don't have to get married if you get pregnant. There's this little thing called--*gasp!*--adoption. That means that you have the kid and then another, more capible family takes care of your child. And if a couple or woman does decide on abortion, no one should be rioting outside screaming, "MURDERER!" That's just not how things work. It is a woman's choice. Besides, it's not like the people doing the rioting have any idea what she's going through. It gets under my skin when people demand that someone speaks out for the baby. Well, guess what? Until a baby is 3 months along, it doesn't even look human. In fact, it could be mistaken for a pig if you hadn't seen the mother.
Sorry, I'm really big on the "abortion is the mother's right" thing. Besides, how do the people that are so against it know that the baby won't just be a miscarrage anyway?
The Hitcher
Bleeding on the Floor
The Hitcher
February 16th, 2007 at 01:41pm
I think its ok if you have considered it.
And I mean really considered it.
All of the pros and cons, whether you feel ready or not and whether you feel like you're going to stay with the other person, at least for a long while if not forever.
Having said this, my religion doesn't incourage it, but I know plenty of people from church who have ignored that!
Its just your own personal feelings at the time really, isn't it?!
Hullo beautiful
Killjoy
Hullo beautiful
February 16th, 2007 at 08:50pm
If you know your gonna spend the rest of life with that one person then it's ok but u don't know if your gonna staY with that person I don't think youshould have unless your married it's just idk don't you wanna have sex with that one person who's gonna love you and respect you for who you are and not just bale on you and make you feel like shit i think pureness is awesome it's wanna of the best things in the world so save it be a teenager live your life you shouldn't have to worry about STD's or getting pregnant or who's gonna fuck me next u know what i mean
i do go to church but i'm not like i hate you cus you don't beileve in god type of thing as long as your nice and respectful i could care less what you beileve in

but yah

<3 sarah
Hullo beautiful
Killjoy
Hullo beautiful
February 16th, 2007 at 08:54pm
think god for people like you seriously i thought i was the only one who felt this way !!
Your Addiction:
Alright... I didn't read everyone's comments, but here's what I think:
First of all, I don't have a religion. That does not mean I love the idea of pre-marital sex. I myself would not have sex before marriage.
Secondly, I agree with makemearedcape in that marriage is meant to be a perminant thing. And to you, Asha Molly, be aware that the increase divorce is linked to the increase of teen or pre-marital pregnancies. People have sex, are not properly protected, or something goes wrong, and they concieve. Then they think, 'Oh, okay, now we have a kid. Well... we want the kid to grow up in a good family, right? So I guess we should get married.' Most of the time those marriages don't work out because, yes, people change. And yes, if a person was right for you at one point they might not be right for you at another. I do realize not all divorces are because of this, but I also realize that many are.
Also, MusicalMueth is right in saying kids need to be more aware of STDs and other consiquences, as today's society does revolve sickeningly around sex most of the time.
Lastly, in my opinion, if a couple does get pregnant they should explore their options. You don't have to get married if you get pregnant. There's this little thing called--*gasp!*--adoption. That means that you have the kid and then another, more capible family takes care of your child. And if a couple or woman does decide on abortion, no one should be rioting outside screaming, "MURDERER!" That's just not how things work. It is a woman's choice. Besides, it's not like the people doing the rioting have any idea what she's going through. It gets under my skin when people demand that someone speaks out for the baby. Well, guess what? Until a baby is 3 months along, it doesn't even look human. In fact, it could be mistaken for a pig if you hadn't seen the mother.
Sorry, I'm really big on the "abortion is the mother's right" thing. Besides, how do the people that are so against it know that the baby won't just be a miscarrage anyway?
Jeffree Star
Motor Baby
Jeffree Star
February 18th, 2007 at 10:14am
My friend's mom gave me and my bf the sex talk.
She said not necessarly you have to be married, but......
that it's something between to people that have something special and that they enjoy doing it together. Not just a one night stand.