Don't have an account? Create one!

Pre-Marital Sex

AuthorMessage
the_black_parader
Thinking Happy Thoughts
the_black_parader
January 31st, 2010 at 07:02pm
i believe it is bad. soooooo many things could go wrong: pregnancy, STDs, girls organs can actually be damaged if they have sex before theyre finished developing.
yes my religion does outlaw sex before marriage.
i think society has a huge impact. its giving us the idea that pre-marital sex is good or cool. its not. especially shows like 2 and a half men and how i met your mother.
John St. John
Shotgun Sinner
John St. John
January 31st, 2010 at 07:16pm
Were not talking about under age sex.. just pre marital sex. And pregnancy and STD's can occur married or not.
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
January 31st, 2010 at 07:43pm
the_black_parader:
i believe it is bad. soooooo many things could go wrong: pregnancy, STDs, girls organs can actually be damaged if they have sex before theyre finished developing.
Pre marital sex doesn't have to be underage sex. Where I live the legal age is 16.

the_black_parader:
i think society has a huge impact. its giving us the idea that pre-marital sex is good or cool. its not.
I think it's good, because I don't want to get married.

The thing you fail to understand is that marriage is not a must, from my point of view it's a want (and yes, I understand there are arranged marriages and the like, but they are not common in my country) and it's something that people can choose to do, or choose not to do.

If you want to get married and remain a virgin until then, that's your prerogative. But that's certainly not a decision everyone would make, because marriage is not compulsory.
em's lil baby girl
Banned
em's lil baby girl
January 18th, 2011 at 03:27pm
I don't know why people have a problem with this, it sounds really old fashioned and religious. Actually not religious, because I know for a fact my local priest has often engaged in pre-marital sex.

I think people should be allowed to sleep with whoever they want, whenever they want(once they don't have a husband or boyfriend already), because it's up to them, and no one else.
for reasons unknown
Awake and Unafraid
for reasons unknown
January 21st, 2011 at 04:22pm
my religion says that pre-marital sex is wrong but i don't necesarrily agree with that. for me, it's only wrong if you're going to be srupid about it (e.g. sleeping with someone you just met, not using a condom, etc.) . as long as you're steadily dating someone who you know well and trust and you have a contraceptive i think pre-marital sex is completely fine.
S713
Joining The Black Parade
S713
January 21st, 2011 at 07:30pm
Most religions don't look upon contraception kindly either.
callmemrx
Killjoy
callmemrx
January 22nd, 2011 at 09:57am
Abstaining from sex until marriage has no benefit other than to satisfy the notion of an outdated practice.

These days, it's mainly used as an excuse for virgins to explain the reason they are yet to get laid.

Then again, each unto their own i suppose.
Sandwichmeorelse
Killjoy
Sandwichmeorelse
June 27th, 2011 at 02:16am
Pre-Marital Sex?

Erryday!
mcr1199beth
Killjoy
mcr1199beth
July 6th, 2011 at 03:15pm
my view is that it depends on what kind of people you are. my aunt and uncle had two children before they got married four years ago and they're still happily married. But my friend's parents spilt up when her mum got pregnant with her and she doesn't know her dad which i think is really sad. he didn't want to get married to her mum when she got pregnant and now she's grown up without a dad.
ShotgunSinner123
Killjoy
ShotgunSinner123
July 11th, 2011 at 07:07pm
I think that it's fine, provided proper protection is used, and both people know what they are getting into - I've seen people get hurt after having drunken sex at parties, and then having unreturned feelings for the boy, who just wanted to get off. And obviously as people have been saying, teen pregnancy is a big problem too. But I think that if people in a relationship have sex, that's fine - I think its a nice way to show intimacy in a mature relationship.
Alexface.
Salute You in Your Grave
Alexface.
July 12th, 2011 at 08:56am
Why not? I see no reason to keep sex a strictly marital thing. Of course, there is nothing wrong with sex that is done in a relationship for non-procreational purposes, but on top of that (ignore the pun xD) there's also little wrong with having children outside of marriage, as long as the parents are actually in a serious relationship.
inkraven80
Killjoy
inkraven80
March 1st, 2012 at 05:58pm
I feel like if they are in a loving relationship and use protection then it is fine. If you can discuss the consequences if something were to happen, for example a child. and you are willing to deal with that if it happened. you both love each other enough to stay together through it all. I think it is ok then. as long as you are responsible.
I am not a religious person but i do feel like region is very against any pre-marital sex... even if protection is used.
malibu.
In the Cannibal Glow
malibu.
March 9th, 2012 at 03:40am
Mindfuck:
marriage is not a must, from my point of view it's a want (and yes, I understand there are arranged marriages and the like, but they are not common in my country) and it's something that people can choose to do, or choose not to do.

If you want to get married and remain a virgin until then, that's your prerogative. But that's certainly not a decision everyone would make, because marriage is not compulsory.

I agree with this. I appreciate the idea of waiting until marriage (marriage representing true love, someone that will be with you forever and never wrong you), and it's great if people want to do that for their own reasons. But pushing that onto society is not realistic, especially considering how many people get divorced. I personally wanted to wait for someone I knew loved me and I trusted. I was raised around religion, not strict, but still religion - and I feel I did honour what I percieved the message behind "no sex before marriage" to be; only having sex with someone you love. It's not anyone's choice but your own about who or when you have sex. I think it's nobody else's business about who a person chooses to sleep with (unless said person is underage).

And safe-sex has nothing to do with pre-marital sex because ALL sex should be safe, whether in marriage or not.
Unless you want a child or an STD, you need to take precautions. That's just a fact.