Pre-Marital Sex

AuthorMessage
Beeblebrox
Really Not Okay
Beeblebrox
September 26th, 2007 at 04:42pm
xMyBlackDaliahx:
i still don't find it acceptable
even if your an adult you should know what are the after effects of you doing such a thing before marriage.example you go and have it you find out your pregnant the guy you did it with dosent really care.

I'm sorry. I'm still having trouble understanding how premarital sex automatically makes a person irresponsible and anyone having sex outside of marriage will definitely get you pregnant. That's just not true. I've never been pregnant and I've been having sex for over a decade now.
genresR4losers
Motor Baby
genresR4losers
September 26th, 2007 at 11:21pm
i guess that it's all just a matter of choice... as for me... i'm waiting... no matter what my boyfriend wants... if he can't respect my decisions... he can't respect me... much less love me... but that last sentiment is an entirely different topic that's on another thread....
Thug Life.
Bleeding on the Floor
Thug Life.
September 29th, 2007 at 06:14am

There really isnt anything wrong with sex outside of marriage. as long as you got protection and you understand what your doing then there really isnt anything to worry about.

Ive had to do sex edd everyyear since the eight grade and i understand fully the dangers of it and know very well about the presence of sexually transmitted infections and so on .

and you dont get pregnant instantly if you have sex outside marriage ?
but i respect people who think sex outside marriage isnt acceptable i guess from moral and religious point of view your entitled to your ideas

P A N D O R A
Demolition Lover
P A N D O R A
September 29th, 2007 at 08:58am
I think its not a pre-mrarigge issue moreof an age issue. Its hard for kids to understand the full efeects of what could happen. I would wait till I am 18 till i can control my own,ife fully and be smart enpugh to take care of myself.
Kimberley.
Really Not Okay
Kimberley.
October 1st, 2007 at 12:41pm
for me it all comes down to personal choice. if you want to have sex before marriage, thats fine. if you want to wait, thats fine. my issue is the age thing. i know it makes me sound ancient, but when i found out that 13yr old kids ive known for their whole lives are having sex... i was absolutely horrified. in what kind of messed up reality can a 13yr old be physically or mentally prepared for a sexual relationship? so much for childhood innocence.
Mr.Armstrong
Awake and Unafraid
Mr.Armstrong
October 1st, 2007 at 11:34pm
Beeblebrox:
xMyBlackDaliahx:
i still don't find it acceptable
even if your an adult you should know what are the after effects of you doing such a thing before marriage.example you go and have it you find out your pregnant the guy you did it with dosent really care.

I'm sorry. I'm still having trouble understanding how premarital sex automatically makes a person irresponsible and anyone having sex outside of marriage will definitely get you pregnant. That's just not true. I've never been pregnant and I've been having sex for over a decade now.
im not saying that you will definatly get pregnant but many teenagers out there don't know how to wear a condom the right way.The risks would be high.
it dosent make the person irresposible but there are after affects to it aswell.
but these are just my thoughts im sorry im against pre-marital sex
tabitha
Bleeding on the Floor
tabitha
October 2nd, 2007 at 03:38am
I would like to think that sex is a gift given amongst people who truly love each other....

However I know the truth and know that people will have sex no matter what.

As with previous posters on this thread, it is my hope that anyone who engages in sex at all outside of an exclusive relationship would use protection against pregnancy and STDs.

As a married woman who has chosen not to have children (at least, not biological children) I can say that I'm going on 12 years without so much as a scare due to proper protection. It is possible.

Educate and protect yourself. Be safe.
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
October 4th, 2007 at 07:15am
Unapologetic Apathy:
for me it all comes down to personal choice. if you want to have sex before marriage, thats fine. if you want to wait, thats fine. my issue is the age thing. i know it makes me sound ancient, but when i found out that 13yr old kids ive known for their whole lives are having sex... i was absolutely horrified. in what kind of messed up reality can a 13yr old be physically or mentally prepared for a sexual relationship? so much for childhood innocence.

i have to agree with you.but in the world we live in now, everything is about sex so kids get corius, i won't lie i'm 14 and i'm curios, i've experimeted abit before but it wasn't full blown, like intercoarse so.
Nicola
Killjoy
Nicola
October 4th, 2007 at 08:38am
If the issue is pre-marital sex, then I see no problem with it. If the issue is sex at a young age, that's a different bag of tricks. Eat chocolate, drink coffee, touch yourself, ride a roller coaster, do what gives you pleasure, but hold off on sex. Sex when you're young will mess you up emotionally. Sex isn't best when you're both young and doing it "just because". Sex is best later on, trust me..when you have a better understanding and connection with it..it's amazing. If you don't, you ruin it for the rest of your life. Sorry, is this 'off thread'?
KraZer
Killjoy
KraZer
October 9th, 2007 at 10:25am
i think its a perfectly fine thing.... but all you have to do is remember the protection... basically... so yea... but apart from that there shouldnt be any problems with pre-marital sex...
genresR4losers
Motor Baby
genresR4losers
October 10th, 2007 at 01:06am
well... speaking from a completely from a completely secular standpoint there's nothing wrong with it...

but then if you look at it from most religious standpoints... it's completley wrong...

so i think it's wrong... but i think that it really depends on the person...
DIE! DIE! DIE!
Bleeding on the Floor
DIE! DIE! DIE!
October 10th, 2007 at 01:14am
psychochip:
I would like to think that sex is a gift given amongst people who truly love each other....

As with previous posters on this thread, it is my hope that anyone who engages in sex at all outside of an exclusive relationship would use protection against pregnancy and STDs.

As a married woman who has chosen not to have children (at least, not biological children) I can say that I'm going on 12 years without so much as a scare due to proper protection. It is possible.

There are a lot of people who are married and don't love eachother, and there are a lot of unmarried people who do. The institution of marriage doesn't really matter anymore

I get what your saying though. For the most part I agree.

Mainly, I just think that marriage doesn't define love, so people against pre marital sex kinda confuse me.
DIE! DIE! DIE!
Bleeding on the Floor
DIE! DIE! DIE!
October 10th, 2007 at 01:14am
psychochip:

There are a lot of people who are married and don't love eachother, and there are a lot of unmarried people who do. The institution of marriage doesn't really matter anymore

I get what your saying though. For the most part I agree.

Mainly, I just think that marriage doesn't define love, so people against pre marital sex kinda confuse me.
sweet disposition.
Banned
sweet disposition.
October 10th, 2007 at 07:56pm
As long as your clued up, in a relationship and aware of the consequences - plus you feel ready - then I say go for it.
Odalisque
Always Born a Crime
Odalisque
October 11th, 2007 at 01:01am
narin;:
I think the real problem here, is the government.
If they mark the importance of protection, pregnancy won't
be a problem. Have sex, sure, do it. But use protection!
It'll prevent an unwanted pregnancy AND STD's if using
a condom. So if that's the only reason to not have sex,
using protection solves it.

Condoms don't protect against STD's and aren't 100% reliable in protecting against pregnancy, either.
They are meant to protect against pregnancy, but could easily rip or leak during intercourse.
As far as STD's go, most of the time if your partner has an STD, merely coming into contact with his or her genitals will do the trick of passing it on - skin on skin contact, that is.
An infected person's body fluid coming into contact with any given mucous membrane on another (which can actually include the eye among other parts of the body) will usually pass the disease on as well.

Granted, many people do safely get by using condoms.
I'm only saying that they are not in any way 100% reliable and that they do not protect against STD's.

Birth control is a good way to prevent pregnancy, but I can't see many parents agreeing to letting their daughters take birth control, as they might think it would encourage them to be sexually active.
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
October 11th, 2007 at 02:07pm
When discussing pre-marital sex, it is also important to note that not eveyone is going to, or wants to, get married. Does that mean they shouldn't have sex? Of course not.

There are plenty of people who oppose the institution and idea of marriage who are perfectly capable of being in love, and being in a long term relationship.

Marriage isn't the goal for everyone. Marriage also doesn't ensure you're going to be with the person for the rest of your life - hence the high divorce rates.

Sex is a natural and biological, and just because you haven't signed a contract (i.e gotten married) it doesn't mean you can't enjoy sex or procreate. So what if a child is born out of wedlock? It doesn't, or shouldn't, impact on how it is raised etc.
tabitha
Bleeding on the Floor
tabitha
October 11th, 2007 at 02:18pm
I was simply pointing out that I am married to emphasize that I've been in an exclusive and sexual relationship for 12 years, using birth control properly, and I've never even had a pregnancy scare; therefore, birth control used properly does work. I know that not everyone believes in the institution of marriage. Perhaps the name of the thread could be changed to something else, such as Sex Outside Relationships. Or Hook-Up Sex. I know you don't have to *be married* to be in an exclusive relationship.

People can, and will, do whatever they want. It is my hope that they will care enough about themselves to use protection to lower the risk.
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
October 11th, 2007 at 02:25pm
^My post wasn't in relation to yours exclusively; it was pretty much a post to counter everyone who thinks that premarital sex is wrong.

Because there are people out there who believe that sex outside of marriage is truly wrong, and I was just trying to say that premarital sex isn't wrong at all.
tabitha
Bleeding on the Floor
tabitha
October 11th, 2007 at 02:27pm
^^ Please don't take that as an attack, it wasn't meant to be. I was just trying to clarify because I thought maybe some people thought I was saying that sex was only for married people.
genresR4losers
Motor Baby
genresR4losers
October 11th, 2007 at 05:35pm
^well... some people do think that... i for one do... but it's just a personal choice. i choose to believe that beacuse of my own personal religious beliefs. then again, when considering this matter, i guess it just comes back to the same thing as it does in all other matters.... it's just a difference of opinion.