Don't have an account? Create one!

Pre-Marital Sex

AuthorMessage
Rhys Webb
Awake and Unafraid
Rhys Webb
October 24th, 2007 at 05:09am
i look at it this way -- if you have a boyfriend or a girlfriend, you propose, and then decide to have sex i don't see it as much of a bad thing. yeah there is still stuff that can happen, but in your mind if you are positive this is who you want to spend the rest of your life with, then i don't see an issue.
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
October 24th, 2007 at 07:42am
NotOkay22:
PlushToy:
I wasn't solely talking about people who are crap in bed. You can put two people together that are amazing in bed, and there is still a chance they won't be compatible sexually.

But lets be honest, how many times have you known that to happen? Thats not a common situation at all.

I wasn't saying it's a necessarily common thing, I was just saying it can happen. And not every partner you have is going to be sexually compatible with you. That's all I'm saying.
In my opinion, that's why I don't understand people who wait before marriage to have sex. I mean, you don't know what they're like! And they don't know what you're like, in that sense, if you know what I mean.
Beeblebrox
Really Not Okay
Beeblebrox
October 24th, 2007 at 06:54pm
NotOkay22:
Now lets be honest, some people were not meant to have sex, there are just some people out there who absolutely suck at it and find no pleasure in it and give no pleasure.
I've never met a person who found no pleasure in having sex.

NotOkay22:
and you don't have to actually sleep with them to find out who these people are.
How do you know if someone is a bad lover if you've never experienced sex with them? Impossible. Bad personality doesn't equal bad sex.

NotOkay22:
So if you and someone else are extremely compatible, and in love, then there is a pretty decent chance that you are gonna have some good sex.
I definitely disagree! I have some amazing sex with the least uncompatible guy ever and I've had some pretty bad sex with someone I truly love. Love doesn't equal good sex.
sweet disposition.
Banned
sweet disposition.
October 24th, 2007 at 07:43pm
Beeblebrox:
NotOkay22:
Now lets be honest, some people were not meant to have sex, there are just some people out there who absolutely suck at it and find no pleasure in it and give no pleasure.

There are people that don't enjoy sex though.
UndyingSoul.
Really Not Okay
UndyingSoul.
October 25th, 2007 at 01:04am
Beeblebrox:
NotOkay22:

NotOkay22:
and you don't have to actually sleep with them to find out who these people are.
How do you know if someone is a bad lover if you've never experienced sex with them? Impossible. Bad personality doesn't equal bad sex.

NotOkay22:
So if you and someone else are extremely compatible, and in love, then there is a pretty decent chance that you are gonna have some good sex.
I definitely disagree! I have some amazing sex with the least uncompatible guy ever and I've had some pretty bad sex with someone I truly love. Love doesn't equal good sex.

I have. It happens. There are people who do not enjoy sex, and they do not enjoy romance. Some people are just like that.

But you probably shouldn't be having sex with someone you don't have a connection with and you don't like their personality.

I never said that every time you have sex its gonna be good. And remember that two people who are having sex for the first time are not going to have the same experience as a couple where both partners has had sex before. But if you are in love with someone, and you both have a physical and emotional connection then there is A GOOD CHANCE that you will have fulfilling sex. Not every time! Most times.
UndyingSoul.
Really Not Okay
UndyingSoul.
October 25th, 2007 at 01:06am
PlushToy:
NotOkay22:
PlushToy:
I wasn't solely talking about people who are crap in bed. You can put two people together that are amazing in bed, and there is still a chance they won't be compatible sexually.

But lets be honest, how many times have you known that to happen? Thats not a common situation at all.

I wasn't saying it's a necessarily common thing, I was just saying it can happen. And not every partner you have is going to be sexually compatible with you. That's all I'm saying.
In my opinion, that's why I don't understand people who wait before marriage to have sex. I mean, you don't know what they're like! And they don't know what you're like, in that sense, if you know what I mean.

Well unless you are marrying someone you have never met, its not that hard to know whats its gonna be like. If you have been dating someone for years, and you both are in love and have both physical and emotional connections, you've made out, you experienced each other without sex, then I doubt you are going to go through all of that happy as a barn swallow and then have sucky sex. That just doesn't happen very often.
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
October 25th, 2007 at 05:09am
Last time I checked, making out was different from sexual intercourse...
UndyingSoul.
Really Not Okay
UndyingSoul.
October 25th, 2007 at 04:13pm
PlushToy:
Last time I checked, making out was different from sexual intercourse...

Duh! What I'm trying to say is that if you have intimacy with each other and are madly in love, and you are extremely happy with the relationship, its rare your going to go through years of love and happiness together and then have terribly unsatisfying sex.
genresR4losers
Motor Baby
genresR4losers
October 30th, 2007 at 07:20pm
well... i think that one of the key things to consider in this discussion is a person's religious beliefs. you can bring in all the scientific and ethical arguments you want... but if someone is religiously opposed to doing something, you can't argue with that... or at least i think that you shouldn't....

as for me... i'm waiting.... but i don't think i have the right to tell anyone what they should and shouldn't do.
our avenged tania.
Always Born a Crime
our avenged tania.
October 30th, 2007 at 07:55pm
It's their decision. As long as the wear protection. And it's jus tlame when 16 year old girls are like, hooked on having sex. It's wrong. Though, it's them. As long as their careful.
Bleeding Dry
Bleeding on the Floor
Bleeding Dry
October 30th, 2007 at 07:59pm
I think I have only posted on here once
BUT
I think, evidently from the page above, you are spamming of the subject. if you want to talk about compatibility between crappy and good people in bed, make a new thread on sex
But this is a PRE-MARITAL SEX thread, and I'm pretty sure all this arguing over compatibility is spamming
Please don't have a go at me, I'm just saying.
our avenged tania.
Always Born a Crime
our avenged tania.
October 30th, 2007 at 08:03pm
Bleeding Dry:
BUT
I think, evidently from the page above, you are spamming of the subject. if you want to talk about compatibility between crappy and good people in bed, make a new thread on sex
But this is a PRE-MARITAL SEX thread, and I'm pretty sure all this arguing over compatibility is spamming

She's right.

Not to mention sex is really for reproduction in the first place.
Bleeding Dry
Bleeding on the Floor
Bleeding Dry
October 30th, 2007 at 08:21pm
Yeah, I agree ^ pleasure is just an added bonus
And I don't think it's fair on the kid if you have one, and the parents aren't married, or just had a small affair. They don't have a very stable home life.
And it is hard on the people who were in the affair, especially if it ends, because then they know they have children, of which they have a responsibility to, and they can feel very guilty for what has happened to them.

And it is stupid when high school girls have competitions on who can do it first. That is just pathetic, in my view.
our avenged tania.
Always Born a Crime
our avenged tania.
October 30th, 2007 at 08:24pm
Well, they don't need to be married.
My parent's weren't married
They got seperated.

Sex is not the most important thing in a relationship.

It is pathetic. Next thing you know you;re pregnant with an STD because you didn't
get the proper informating on sex.

Be informed. Be safe. It's always a risk.
Bleeding Dry
Bleeding on the Floor
Bleeding Dry
October 30th, 2007 at 08:49pm
I didn't mean it like that, and I'm sorry if any offence was taken Sad

I agree. They only really think about what they have done when they are in pain, and suddenly a lot of questions are asked, and privileges are taken away. It is a huge gamble, and you have to be sure you're ready. Especially for the first time.
our avenged tania.
Always Born a Crime
our avenged tania.
October 30th, 2007 at 10:00pm
Haha, no offense were taken.

True. Sex shouldn't be so taboo. It should be an open subject we know about,
so we don't get some bad suprises along the road. Sex is good, but yu have
to be ready for it. It's not about impressing anyone. And you don't really have
to be marriedto enjoy this beautiful thing. Though, you have to be sure about
your parter. Ask questions and such.
Bleeding Dry
Bleeding on the Floor
Bleeding Dry
October 31st, 2007 at 12:00am
Oh good. I was soooo worried then. I was like: me & my fat mouth ;]

Yes, the partner think IS a good point ^^
If you feel embarassed to ask questions about it to them before you have sex, it's obvious that you don't feel comfortable around them, which means it is probably not a good idea to have it just yet.
Advice says ask help from your friends, but sometimes even they lie to make themselves look good / feel better, which can be even more confusing and pressurising. So maybe it would be better to talk with a very good friend you trust, if you feel you need to do so? Where you do not need to lie to impress?

You would think in theory leaving sex to when you're like, twenty, would be better than thirteen, BUT in all fairness, you get veeery mature 13 year olds, and some extremely STUPID twenty year olds (no offence to anyone on here!!!!!!!) Not that I'm saying having sex at 13 IS mature, but what I am saying is that when you are ready is a clear mental state, not a number against your name.
I'm not saying it's good to be stupid over it, but when you're ready is a personal thing. Don't let anyone influence your decision.
UndyingSoul.
Really Not Okay
UndyingSoul.
October 31st, 2007 at 12:21am
Bleeding Dry:
BUT

Its not spam, we are talking about if it is possible to have a good marriage without intercourse beforehand. And it has everything to do with the subject on pre-marital sex.

I think its possible. Actually I think its sure as hell possible! I don't think sex is needed before a marriage. If you wanna have sex before marriage then be my guest, but I applaud to those who choose to wait. I think its a smart idea.
pye in the sky
Jazz Hands
pye in the sky
November 2nd, 2007 at 08:51pm
as i am not religious i dont have to live how some book tells me too.pre-marital sedx can be good but can be bad....as can a lot of things!
i personally see no problem with it, if its within a relationship or just for fun, who is it hurting...yes...i know many of you will talk aabout pregnancies and diseases that couls happen but at the end of the day id every precaution is taken...why not!
xthe_patientx
Killjoy
xthe_patientx
November 8th, 2007 at 03:11am
i think pre marital sex is ok as long as its safe, u dont wanna catch stds right lol
and i dont think u were want to marry a person unless uve "done" them first..
u dont buy a car without test driving it right?