AuthorMessage
druscilla.
Bleeding on the Floor
druscilla.
March 9th, 2007 at 10:37pm
jedicam10:
Smashing Pumpkin:
It's in you're DNAWink (to be gay)

No it's not. If that were true, if you can have two children, one could be gay and the other may not be. Think about it, if homosexuality came from DNA, their would be NO homosexuals.

It's a gene.
They've done studies.
It's a gene.
Fezzik
Salute You in Your Grave
Fezzik
March 10th, 2007 at 10:42am
I do think homosexuality is genetic. But it's not simple genetics - not like: if you're 'AA' or 'Aa', you're straight, if you're 'aa' you're gay. I imagine it takes a very complex set of genes to determine a person's sexuality. Sexuality is a mental thing, anyway (well, not something you can see, like blond hair or green eyes), and anything involving the development of your brain is so freakishly, insanely complicated that it'd be pretty much impossible to get rid of without just making someone brain dead.
Stripey-Stripes.
Motor Baby
Stripey-Stripes.
March 10th, 2007 at 01:41pm
i am a senior in a highschool right along the bible belt and the tolerance there for anything or anyone different is close to zero...
i fail to see what is wrong with gay marriage, bc LOVE IS LOVE(sorry but its true)
its not harmign me or anyone that i care about, actually, it would be a blessing for a friend of mine
they're ppl just like straights and deserve to have their significant other recognized as a legal spouse...its 2007 pppl...why the ignorance hmmm?
in this day and age with so much going on we should be embracing our differences and the people around us, otherwise we're going to fall apart even faster
abcdef...Gee!
Bleeding on the Floor
abcdef...Gee!
March 10th, 2007 at 05:28pm
i think homosexuality is ok b/c its not like they can help liking eachother. i have gay friends, its not a bigg deal. and if it IS a sin, we all sin, so wats the big problem... hmm?
insane clown posse.
In The Murder Scene
insane clown posse.
March 10th, 2007 at 07:06pm
Gays aren't going to hell. God didn't make gays just so they can go to hell. Seriously. It's not genetic, my friend is gay. NO ONE IN HIS FAMILY IS GAY. So how is it genetic? It's not like if you hug a gay person you catch it. Sheesh.
druscilla.
Bleeding on the Floor
druscilla.
March 10th, 2007 at 07:21pm
Resurgam:
I do think homosexuality is genetic. But it's not simple genetics - not like: if you're 'AA' or 'Aa', you're straight, if you're 'aa' you're gay. I imagine it takes a very complex set of genes to determine a person's sexuality. Sexuality is a mental thing, anyway (well, not something you can see, like blond hair or green eyes), and anything involving the development of your brain is so freakishly, insanely complicated that it'd be pretty much impossible to get rid of without just making someone brain dead.

It would have to be complicated.
Statistically [and these aren't entirely accurate because some gay people never come out], 10% of the population is gay.
That's not a whole lot.
Fezzik
Salute You in Your Grave
Fezzik
March 10th, 2007 at 10:28pm
^Right. If it was a simple recessive gene, it would be around 25%. Likely it's in your genes, but you don't really inherit it, per se.

(yeah I got a B+ on the genetics test in AP Biology, which I feel totally qualifies me as a geneticist. Razz )
Frankie-Oreo
Salute You in Your Grave
Frankie-Oreo
March 11th, 2007 at 05:36am
i was reading an article in a magazine a few weeks ago and it was about gay marriage. Someone had said:
"Gays shouldn't be allowed to have children because they will raise them gay."

i was sitting there thinking, well if that is true, why are there any gay people at all? because thats the same as saying straight people raise straight children.

Am i right?

i fully support gay marriage. i dont know why some people have a problem with it.
if it has nothing to do with you, why should you care?
its none of your business.
druscilla.
Bleeding on the Floor
druscilla.
March 11th, 2007 at 01:45pm
A not exactly true comment, but humorous nonetheless:

If you don't agree with gay marriages, blame straight people.
They're the ones who keep having gay babies.
AmberGirl
Killjoy
AmberGirl
March 11th, 2007 at 04:43pm
I am personally against gay marriage. It is considered a sin in my religion. I'm also a firm believer that marriage is meant for a woman and a man. That's why it was Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve.

I have nothing against gay people, I just think that they shouldn't be allowed to get married.
Fezzik
Salute You in Your Grave
Fezzik
March 11th, 2007 at 05:39pm
^If you have nothing against gay people, why don't you think they should have the same rights as everyone else?
AmberGirl
Killjoy
AmberGirl
March 11th, 2007 at 05:57pm
Resurgam:
^If you have nothing against gay people, why don't you think they should have the same rights as everyone else?

Did you read the whole post?
Frankie-Oreo
Salute You in Your Grave
Frankie-Oreo
March 11th, 2007 at 07:01pm
it is a sin in my religion too.

But you don't see me caring.
geesworstnightmare
Killjoy
geesworstnightmare
March 11th, 2007 at 07:37pm
fuck the gays,america has the most gays and does nothing but restrict marriage
Fezzik
Salute You in Your Grave
Fezzik
March 11th, 2007 at 07:38pm
^Same here. I'm Catholic, but they've got a lot of things wrong. I just wonder why you (I_Love_Revenge, I mean) believe that marriage and the rights it affords are only for a man and a woman if you don't have anything against homosexual people.
AmberGirl
Killjoy
AmberGirl
March 11th, 2007 at 07:41pm
Resurgam:
^Same here. I'm Catholic, but they've got a lot of things wrong. I just wonder why you (I_Love_Revenge, I mean) believe that marriage and the rights it affords are only for a man and a woman if you don't have anything against homosexual people.

All right, no where in the does it say or is it implied that marriage is a right. It is a priviledge granted to a man and a woman.
AmberGirl
Killjoy
AmberGirl
March 11th, 2007 at 07:41pm
geesworstnightmare:
fuck the gays,america has the most gays and does nothing but restrict marriage

I'm reaching the point of just saying that.... Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Fezzik
Salute You in Your Grave
Fezzik
March 11th, 2007 at 07:44pm
Sorry, I was unclear. I didn't mean that marriage is a right, I mean that marriage gives couples rights. So what I mean to ask is, why do you believe heterosexual couples should have more rights than homosexual couples?
AmberGirl
Killjoy
AmberGirl
March 11th, 2007 at 07:56pm
Resurgam:
Sorry, I was unclear. I didn't mean that marriage is a right, I mean that marriage gives couples rights. So what I mean to ask is, why do you believe heterosexual couples should have more rights than homosexual couples?

Wow, you have to the most persist person I have met. But I have to say, "You fucking win." I was hypocritical and a bitch.
Fezzik
Salute You in Your Grave
Fezzik
March 11th, 2007 at 07:59pm
^Ha ha, yeah, I'm avoiding doing a Bio lab right now, so I'd pretty much dog anyone to the ends of the earth if it didn't involve circulatory systems.

I didn't mean to imply that you're a hypocrite or anything, though. I'm honestly just curious about the way other people think. Oh, and welcome to INO =]