Don't have an account? Create one!

Homosexual Rights.

AuthorMessage
make some noise;
Jazz Hands
make some noise;
December 1st, 2008 at 08:45pm
^Exactly. It's completely unfair that two people [of the same sex] are completely in love and are ready to be married, but can only call themselves "joined unions". They arn't the same thing; saying your married has a emotional purpose, to say the leasr. Think about it; marriage is [technically, although with all the divorces...] a one time thing, and it's a completely beautiful wonderful thing. You want your family to be there, and it's just a special day for you. Think about saying, not, "I'm getting married" but "so-and-so and I are going to become a joined union." People would be going "...You're getting what?" Whereas if you say you're getting married, people squeal and congradulate you, etc. It's discrimination. Gay people are different. So are black people, so are diabetic people. It doesn't make them any better or worse, or, like Eponine said, "less human".
K.K.
Bleeding on the Floor
K.K.
December 2nd, 2008 at 08:22am
Personally I have no more against homosexuals and homosexual marriage than against heterosexuals and them marrying. I think being true to yourself and others is far better than lying.
But I do understand people/parents when they are against gay marriage-
Most people don't want their children to grow up to be homosexual. Those People are scared that if Homosexual marriage was made legal, gays and lesbians would start kissing all over the place (which i'm sure most of them won't; the people that would are probably already doing that, so there's nothing much to fear actually..) and that their children would start classifying homosexuals as 'normal' (which lot's of them/us already do).

Even though thats EXACTLY what people protesting for homosexual rights want..
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
December 2nd, 2008 at 09:20am
Ugh California Dems voted overwhelmingly FOR Prop 8, and now it has passed! EPIC FAILLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!

tear:
Most people don't want their children to grow up to be homosexual.
Most people (should) want their children to grow up happy. I could care less what my son's sexual preferences turn out to be - provided no one is getting hurt, I'm good.
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
December 3rd, 2008 at 12:38am
Deb:
Ugh California Dems voted overwhelmingly FOR Prop 8, and now it has passed! EPIC FAILLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!

agree, but a major concern was if that passes, what else would then be able to pass later on? THat was a real fear. And I can understand it, I mean homosexuality isn't a crime, but maybe later on people will want to do bad things, like pedophilia and beastiality and they'll get away with it because we all homosexuals to get married.

And I'm all for gay marriage, I'm bi myself and if I fall in love with a girl I want to be able to be with her.
Marilyn Monroe
Awake and Unafraid
Marilyn Monroe
December 3rd, 2008 at 02:34am
But homosexuality is nothing like pedophilia and beastiality.

Homosexuals can both consent. They are both people over the legal age of consent and it is their choice.
Pedophiles can't - They're with people that are under the legal age of consent, its there for a reason.
Neither can beastility people, Animals can't speak and don't have human thoughts therefore they can't consent
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
December 3rd, 2008 at 04:52am
My Dear Delirious:
but maybe later on people will want to do bad things, like pedophilia and beastiality and they'll get away with it because we all homosexuals to get married.
If people do use that logic then it is quite flawed. How is allowing gay marriages a gateway for pedophilia and bestiality? That doesn't make sense to me.
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
December 3rd, 2008 at 09:55am
My Dear Delirious:
I mean homosexuality isn't a crime, but maybe later on people will want to do bad things, like pedophilia and beastiality and they'll get away with it because we all homosexuals to get married.
Listen, no offense, but why do people always compare these to homosexuality? There is NO comparison! Pedophilia and bestiality are a) harmful and b) illegal. That is NOT the same as love between two consenting adults! The "gateway" argument is more church propaganda.
Hara-Kiri
Killjoy
Hara-Kiri
December 8th, 2008 at 02:21pm
okay, Americas "slogan" is justice for all. right? we are all equal. Correct? Well, those are the two most hypo-critic statements about the equality of Americans. If we are all equal then gay marriage should be legal. By making it against the law for two people of the same gender to express their love for each other, their making it pretty obvious that there is not justice for all, and we are not all equal, and we do not all have equal rights. They say it goes against god, well first of all not every single person in the country are of the same religions, we have freedom of religion, and I'm also sure that murdering people for oil goes against God as well. Sorry for making an unrelated statement.
Hara-Kiri
Killjoy
Hara-Kiri
December 8th, 2008 at 02:25pm
tear:
Personally I have no more against homosexuals and homosexual marriage than against heterosexuals and them marrying. I think being true to yourself and others is far better than lying.
But I do understand people/parents when they are against gay marriage-
Most people don't want their children to grow up to be homosexual. Those People are scared that if Homosexual marriage was made legal, gays and lesbians would start kissing all over the place (which I'm sure most of them won't; the people that would are probably already doing that, so there's nothing much to fear actually..) and that their children would start classifying homosexuals as 'normal' (which lot's of them/us already do).

Even though thats EXACTLY what people protesting for homosexual rights want..

Homosexual couples don't raise homosexual children, thats like say heterosexual couples only raise heterosexual children, and thats obviously not true.
Ash-Peters
Killjoy
Ash-Peters
December 9th, 2008 at 08:17am
I can't even believe there is discussion over this! Why would anyone believe that gay people shouldn't get married?
I may have been living under a rock here but I didn't even know it was illegal! I've only started reading it recently, but that could be cos I've started talking to a lot of Americans recently, I live in the UK btw. I really thought it was legal... maybe it is here, I'll go ask my mum ^_^

yep it's legal here, apparently it changed last year. even that surprises me. I cant believe we've been so close minded for so long!

Can anyone explain to me why they don't believe in gay marriage cos I don't get it?
Oh and the beastiality/pedophilia thing, WHUT?! Thats ridiculous, sleeping with children and animals is clearly wrong plus its illegal. Neither of those victims can give consent, and animals, they aren't even the same species! Anyway, if someone wants kids or animals, there is clearly something wrong in their heads, theres nothing wrong with you if your gay!
xx
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
December 9th, 2008 at 08:54am
Ash-Peters:
Can anyone explain to me why they don't believe in gay marriage cos I don't get it?
The main reason in my country - Australia - for why gay marriage isn't legal is due to religious reasons. To me it's absurd. The former Prime Minister of Australia actually once proclaimed that allowing homosexual marriages would be a threat to heterosexual marriages - which doesn't quite make sense to me.
In our mainly Christian society (in Australia at least), marriage is something that is "supposed" to only be carried out between a man and a woman. This is mainly because of the belief that one of the reasons for marriage between a man and a woman is for procreation. Obviously two men nor two women can procreate naturally together, so some people oppose the unions of homosexuals.

I feel that the Church here is quite protective, almost, of their view of what marriage is supposed to be. And we've yet to have a leader in this country who's faith hasn't been anything other than Christianity (or denominations of it), and I don't feel that has helped any.

There are probably other reasons from other countries (or maybe different perspectives from my own country), but that's just my two cents.
doctor.
In The Murder Scene
doctor.
December 9th, 2008 at 09:13am
Ash-Peters:
I can't even believe there is discussion over this! Why would anyone believe that gay people shouldn't get married?
I may have been living under a rock here but I didn't even know it was illegal! I've only started reading it recently, but that could be cos I've started talking to a lot of Americans recently, I live in the UK btw. I really thought it was legal... maybe it is here, I'll go ask my mum ^_^

yep it's legal here, apparently it changed last year. even that surprises me. I

Actually, I believe that, in England, you can have a 'civil partnership' if of a homosexual orientation but not a marriage. Main difference being, although they are both a legally binding contract, it does not need to happen in public. Some regard this as less formal and I, myself, believe that it is a bit insulting to go half the way but not fully there- surely, if things are going to become equal any partners, no matter what sexual orientation, should be able to get married

Many people don't believe in gay marriage as homosexuality, no matter how common it has become, is still very much a 'taboo' thing and many people are still disturbed by the idea of two people from the same gender being together.

Marriage for Christians is one of the seven sacraments so, naturally, a very important thing for them. Since the Bible does say that homosexuals are wrong stating in one of the scriptures that 'homosexual offenders will never inherit the Kingdom of God'. Due to this, Christians believe that it is unnatural for homosexuals to take part in a Christian sacrament when the Bible tells them otherwise.

Others, find homosexuality a very 'unnatural' act as they can not procreate. Due to this, they believe allowing homosexual marriages opens a gateway for other, previously, illegal acts such as homosexual adoption as well as the paedophilia and beastility arguement already spoken about.
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
December 9th, 2008 at 09:40am
Lights of Paris:
the Bible does say that homosexuals are wrong stating in one of the scriptures that 'homosexual offenders will never inherit the Kingdom of God'.
It actually says this? I'd like to see that for myself. From what I can tell, the Bible is more concerned with the practice of idolatry as it pertained to what they deemed homosexual religious practices than they are about homosexuality itself, as evidenced here.

Either way, what the Bible thinks about homosexuality is supposed to be completely immaterial to our society's legislature. We have a clear policy in America that dictates the separation of church and state, PERIOD. The only abomination that I can see at the moment is that we are failing to follow this policy.
Ash-Peters
Killjoy
Ash-Peters
December 9th, 2008 at 09:55am
It actually says this? I'd like to see that for myself

Obviously I am not a religious person and don't read the bible but I do know that it says that "any man that lies down with another man shall be stoned until dead", because of a little book called The God Delusion that my dad read. And if thats not homophobic I don't know what is!
Thats what i thought Deb, it's not fair to base laws on religion because not everyone is religious! Thats like saying everyone has to be christian, follows the queens religion or whatever, like in Elizabethan times!

Midfuck: Oh right, yeah that is one of the biggest reasons isn't it, religion. Thing is, doesn't the bible go on about what a loving and compassionate god he is? Bloody sounds like it! He doesn't accept anyone whos different as far as I can see, aside from the fact that he isn't racist... but still. Christianity and other religions are so stifling, they don't accept so many human rights and its ridiculous. We do need leaders who have independent thought, and Im not tryna get at religious people but I'm sorry you aren't completely thinking for yourself if you do whatever some book tells you to!
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
December 9th, 2008 at 10:03am
Ash-Peters:
I do know that it says that "any man that lies down with another man shall be stoned until dead", because of a little book called The God Delusion that my dad read.
I haven't seen that quote, but from what the article I posted above is explaining, it sounds to me like the Bible is being taken out of context - that the objection was the practice of idolatry, not sodomy.
Ash-Peters
Killjoy
Ash-Peters
December 9th, 2008 at 10:19am
it wasn't, they are against people being gay. You must know that?
The bible is against homosexuality because it doesnt fit into their little family picture of men and women having lots of babies etc etc
Thats why it's mainly religious people who object to gay marriage and all that
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
December 9th, 2008 at 10:47am
Ash-Peters:
they are against people being gay. You must know that?
Actually, I don't. I have heard religious people question where exactly the Bible states that homosexuality is against God. I think they, like myself, are of the opinion that the Bible is being slanted to fit certain churchleader's opinions.
t'lema
Salute You in Your Grave
t'lema
December 9th, 2008 at 11:26am
Deb:
Ash-Peters:
they are against people being gay. You must know that?
Actually, I don't. I have heard religious people question where exactly the Bible states that homosexuality is against God. I think they, like myself, are of the opinion that the Bible is being slanted to fit certain churchleader's opinions.

Of course they're slanting the Bible to their view point. If they hadn't, people with sight defects, dwarves, and menstruating women wouldn't be allowed in Holy places. Check Leviticus. That's the same place where it says 'man shall not lie with another man'.

If you're going to pick and choose, why only listen to the part that promotes hate?
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
December 9th, 2008 at 11:38am
Huck.:
If you're going to pick and choose, why only listen to the part that promotes hate?
Excuse me? I'm not picking and choosing hate - the discussion was started that the Bible clearly states that homosexuality is against God, and I am simply asking for verification. I personally find the entire thing to be retarded - we are all born the way that we are, therefore that's how God, whoever or whatever that is, made us.
t'lema
Salute You in Your Grave
t'lema
December 9th, 2008 at 11:48am
^ Unless I misunderstood the part I quoted, I was agreeing with you. That was my intention anyway. Saying the Bible was being slanted and giving examples. The last part was not directed at you at all, it was an open question to the people who think like that.