Don't have an account? Create one!

Bert Vs MCR.

AuthorMessage
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
July 2nd, 2007 at 11:08am
We already know, and we've already said that some of us care because some like both men equally.
Adorkable.
Motor Baby
Adorkable.
July 2nd, 2007 at 11:11am
Well, yea, I like 'em both, but I don't think this is something that fans need to be dividing or picking sides over.

It's just a fued, and it doesn't seem to be affecting the music any.
mccrack.
Salute You in Your Grave
mccrack.
July 2nd, 2007 at 11:13am
It's making the music better tbh.

Disenchanted is my favourite song off TBP, and that's about Bert.
Pretty Handsome Awkward is my fave off LFTL, and that's about Gerard.

Still wish they's fuck and make-up, though.
Adorkable.
Motor Baby
Adorkable.
July 2nd, 2007 at 11:17am
Yea....now that you mention it, I do believe it's making the music better.

Disenchanted's about Bert?
Yea...I guess I could see that....

and chya. You're not the only one sick of this stupid fight.
DeWitt.
Crash Queen
DeWitt.
July 2nd, 2007 at 11:18am
They're big boys, so they should be able to handle this little spat themselves.
It's immature to be ignoring each other and writing songs about each other.
You'd think they'd grow the fuck up.
Sheesh.
Adorkable.
Motor Baby
Adorkable.
July 2nd, 2007 at 11:20am
^ I agree with that too.

Or maybe fans are blowing this whole thing outta porportion?

It's a possibility.
mccrack.
Salute You in Your Grave
mccrack.
July 2nd, 2007 at 01:04pm
Save Ferris.:
They're big boys, so they should be able to handle this little spat themselves.
It's immature to be ignoring each other and writing songs about each other.
You'd think they'd grow the fuck up.
Sheesh.

I disagree. They're both musician's - music is what they express themselves the most in (I mean, other than G's art and B's poetry).
They're the main song writers in each band. If they want to write a song about how they're feeling, they should be able to without judgement, no matter if it's about each other or about some girl they dated or whatever. It's their art.
BethanyBRUTAL
Thinking Happy Thoughts
BethanyBRUTAL
July 2nd, 2007 at 01:07pm
Ok , I like The Used But that isnt Bad... right? I dont like Bert though cose he gives them to much crap Because of Somthing that happened ,whats the point?
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
July 2nd, 2007 at 01:07pm
Bert's always given shit. Nobody had a problem with it until he aimed it at Gerard. Oh fucking well.
Brain damage
Salute You in Your Grave
Brain damage
July 2nd, 2007 at 01:11pm
Save Ferris.:
Bert, FTW.
(He's a much better song writer than Gerard is)
Sure, he may have said some shit, but, hey, who doesn't?

i dont agree
gerard is a AWSOME song writer ... the used lyrics are short and repeded and dont even make that much sence
mcr is just fucking amizing!
its hearvarming
i wonder were gee comes up with that stuff!
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
July 2nd, 2007 at 01:15pm
This isn't a competition on who's better.
Brain damage
Salute You in Your Grave
Brain damage
July 2nd, 2007 at 01:19pm
nope but this is about what we think and thats what i think
LameIsWhatIAimFor
Bleeding on the Floor
LameIsWhatIAimFor
July 2nd, 2007 at 02:59pm
LoversHeartDisease:

Heres the theory in full
~~~

so, during Taste of Chaos Gerard and Bert were seen kissing several times on stage and backstage the tour. If ever they were asked about it they always said "no comment". until Gerard started to say about halfway through that it was a "staged relationship". A short time after Bert started going "yeah, we're dating", but this only went on for a very short time, because then they were back to being all secretive about it. Most people just went with what Gerard said.MCR was not big at the time, but the Used was.By the end of the tour, both band had gotten big, but MCR was bigger now.This is about the time the SURS video came out that you watched of them,where we witness bert being all sure whatever Gerard says well go with that.When the tour was finally over, a few months after Bert had told the press that he and Gerard had a "falling out" When Gerard was asked about the falling out he told press "Bert was just being silly" and that "They we're still friends". Ahhh, but Bert had none of this. Bert had told the press it was simply between him and Gerard and the rest of the band was still on good terms.It's kinda quiet for a long time, and this is when most people picked up on the Bert/Gerard story. Bert was suddenly changing his lyrics to "fuck my chemical romance" or to insane laughter.Gerards calling Bert "childish" and "Immature".Theory time: Bert and Gerard got together shortly before the Taste of Chaos tour probobly near the end of their previous tour they had done together.Gerard wanted it secret while Bert wanted the world to know, so they decided to make call it a "staged relationship" for publicity. While Bert wanted a real relationship with gerard, Gee tried to stay away from that Seeing as how they wern't getting good feedback for it at the time...For Gerard's fans at least, the Used fans found it adorable, so MCR got a bunch of used fans, making them famous. Bert got sick of Gerards stories. wanting to know who if Gee was lying to the press (calling their relationship fake) or if he was lying to him (telling him he loved him. Gerard was lost and confused and at the end of tour he broke it off with Bert. He decided to get sober in hopes of clearing his mind. Doing so he strides away from Bert, completely leaving him in the dust. Bert was broken hearted, but being Bert, he reacted by angry bashing, and telling press that he was simply "bored" with new Gerard. His passion was uninterrupted however. After all..Why would he be so emotional if he was just "bored".

You! You should talk to my brother, he's totally convinced that Bert and Gerard were lovers.. Of course I always laughed at him, but your theory sounds a lot like his.
DIE! DIE! DIE!
Bleeding on the Floor
DIE! DIE! DIE!
July 2nd, 2007 at 05:11pm
THEY ARE BOTH TALENTED!!!!!

BAH

T_T

Haha, I would love to to. I love people who share this theory with me..I get a lot of shit for it.

can you prove Dischanted is about Bert?
Stolen Baby On Board
Banned
Stolen Baby On Board
July 2nd, 2007 at 05:28pm
I certainly think it is now. But this is what I think, I could be completely wrong.

"I hate the ending myself, but it started with an alright scene." - Gerard hates the way their friendship, or lack thereof, is but things were really good before.

"It was the roar of the crowd that gave me heartache to sing" - I had heard Bert tried to distract the fans during one of MCR's show with a megaphone or something like that. I don't know if it's true or not, but if it is he could be saying how he felt when that happened. He kept on performing.

"If I'm so wrong, how could you listen all night long. Now will it matter after I'm gone because you never learned a goddamn thing." - If Bert thinks everything Gee say's is bullshit then he could be saying "Why you even listening to me?"

That's what I get out of it so far. Like I said this is just what I think it could be completely wrong. But yea, thats how I think Disenchanted is about Gerard.
mccrack.
Salute You in Your Grave
mccrack.
July 3rd, 2007 at 01:23am
^ That's true about the Bert megaphone thing.

LoversHeartDisease:
can you prove Dischanted is about Bert?

Gerard pretty much said it.
sweetrevenge86
Jazz Hands
sweetrevenge86
July 3rd, 2007 at 10:21am
Gerard McCracken.:
Bert's always given shit. Nobody had a problem with it until he aimed it at Gerard. Oh fucking well.

Exactly! People are being so two faced about the whole thing. It's the same with Berts drug use, when he was friends with Gerard people didn't seem to care about it, but now they've fallen out and Gerard is sober its like 'OMG Bert's a druggie! He's evil!!'
mccrack.
Salute You in Your Grave
mccrack.
July 3rd, 2007 at 10:42am
OMG Bert's a druggie! He's evil!!
Brain damage
Salute You in Your Grave
Brain damage
July 3rd, 2007 at 10:53am
yes i think thats sad .. i hope he gets sober
mccrack.
Salute You in Your Grave