Don't have an account? Create one!

Bert Vs MCR.

AuthorMessage
Nerual
Bleeding on the Floor
Nerual
July 15th, 2007 at 08:16am
I still think someone shold corner them after a gig or something and just scream at them...
Stolen Baby On Board
Banned
Stolen Baby On Board
July 15th, 2007 at 08:23am
One of two things could happen. Bertums could say "Fuck off, its none of your business" and Gee could just not answer,
persona non grata
Killjoy
persona non grata
July 15th, 2007 at 09:22am
I know that they are probably never going to tell the fans about what actually happened. But like you said, we can hope, be optimistic, and make theories all we want to. I know it won't get them back together, but it doesn't do any harm or anything. The fact that they can't deal with it makes it hard for fans to deal with. They won't just get over it and move on, so it's hard for anyone else to.

It's true that they could avoid answering at gigs or whatever if someone asked them. I'm sure it's been tried before, and we still don't know anything, so I doubt it would work. But again, like pretty much anything a fan could do (short of like, kidnapping them or something retarded and basically impossible like that) it couldn't really hurt. *shrug* The whole Bert and Gerard thing is kind of a dead-end topic because there will probably never be an answer to any of our questions about it. It's been three years and they're still not talking about it, so they probably never will. But I think that's part of why everyone is so interested in it. The stuff that you can answer is the stuff you want to know the most.
IWannaSaveYourHeart
Joining The Black Parade
IWannaSaveYourHeart
August 9th, 2007 at 09:24am
i dont no if this has been asked bcz i dnt hav time to read through the whole thing but......
Gerard and Bert arnt friends yet r they?
and
how is pretty hansom awkward about gerard?
i no bert says it was but wat dose the song say that referese to gerard?
Bess is Yoda
In The Murder Scene
Bess is Yoda
August 9th, 2007 at 12:28pm
x.x.IHeartGerard.x.x:
i dont no if this has been asked bcz i dnt hav time to read through the whole thing but......
Gerard and Bert arnt friends yet r they?
and
how is pretty hansom awkward about gerard?
i no bert says it was but wat dose the song say that referese to gerard?

No, Gerard and Bert haven't been friends since late 2005.
Just listen to the lyrics to Pretty Handsome Awkward. It's all about Gerard.
And people will tell you about how Bert has denied that the song is written about Gerard. That's true. BUT he was the person to say it was about Gerard in the first place, before anyone had even HEARD the song. So yes, PHA is about Gerard.
Lightning Zap
Motor Baby
Lightning Zap
August 11th, 2007 at 12:02pm
Quinn hinted it was about Gerard... Bert never said anything. But yeah the lyrics are as clear as day it's about Gerard.
"Do You feel ok" is a play on "I'm Not Okay", then they have all the stuff paying him out like his "shallow concept" referring to the concepts behind their albums, and it also pays out his drinking days.
gerardmabbitt.
Salute You in Your Grave
gerardmabbitt.
August 11th, 2007 at 12:10pm
The video to PHA, because there in a bar and getting drunk and everything, is that sorta slamming the fact that Gerard did that.
You Mother Franker.
Jazz Hands
You Mother Franker.
August 13th, 2007 at 05:11am
I read somewhere(this was prolly already said and talked about) that Bert said he was mad at Gerard because he decided to get clean thus abandoning his partying pall(bert). I dont think that is right for Bert to say that. good for Gerard for getting clean, Bert should do that....Bert has no right to Diss Gerard Because Gerard did the right thing.
TRAGICAFFAIR?.
Joining The Black Parade
TRAGICAFFAIR?.
August 13th, 2007 at 08:11am
it sucks so much. they were so much better as friends.
i love bert and i love gerard but this fight is so stupid
Dan.
Demolition Lover
Dan.
August 13th, 2007 at 08:42am
You Mother Franker.:
Bert has no right to Diss Gerard Because Gerard did the right thing.
Yes, Gerard made the right decision.
But the question is, did Bert want to make that decision aswell?
Was Gerard trying to force him to make that decision?
Bert isn't just going to stop taking drugs and drinking alcohol, just because one of his 'friends' has chosen to.

He leads his own life.
He makes his on decisions.
He is an individual.
Lightning Zap
Motor Baby
Lightning Zap
August 13th, 2007 at 01:27pm
Bert said it had something to do with the band's heads getting too big. I think i can kinda see what happened there. Back in the early days of MCR (bullets days) the used was kind enough to take MCR over to england and stuff and they basically helped the band get big. One can only guess since we don't know the facts but i'd say something went down and it had to do with bert being jealous of MCR's success since they were growing quite a large fan base... which is possibly bigger than the used's fanbase. i think that bert was pissed off because him and his band were the ones that gave MCR some life and them being more successful just shot him down.
sweetrevenge86
Jazz Hands
sweetrevenge86
August 15th, 2007 at 04:38pm
You Mother Franker.:
I read somewhere(this was prolly already said and talked about) that Bert said he was mad at Gerard because he decided to get clean thus abandoning his partying pall(bert). I dont think that is right for Bert to say that. good for Gerard for getting clean, Bert should do that....Bert has no right to Diss Gerard Because Gerard did the right thing.

Bert never said that, a lot of fans have assumed thats what happened but if Gerard got sober when he said he did that can't be the reason. Gerard said he got sober in August 2004 and he didn't fall out with Bert until late 2005 so they would have been friends for over a year after he got sober. I don't trust anything I read about Bert, especially on the internet. Nothing is reliable anymore because so many people have turned against him since he fell out with Gerard.
Lightning Zap
Motor Baby
Lightning Zap
August 17th, 2007 at 07:22am
sweetrevenge86:
Nothing is reliable anymore because so many people have turned against him since he fell out with Gerard.

I know what you mean. I am still a Used fan and haven't turned away from Bert. I think he can be really immature at times, but he seems to have fun with what he does, so i just ignore the times when he's being a jackass. I think whatever did happen between him and MCR is a shame, but if Bert used it as a motivation in his song writing, it's ok cause i love their new album.
Nerual
Bleeding on the Floor
Nerual
August 17th, 2007 at 08:39am
Maybe it's his immature-ness that drew him and Gerard together.

Immature is good as long as you can be serious when it counts.

That's just what I think.

(I thought this thread had dissapeared but now it's back! lol)
sweetrevenge86
Jazz Hands
sweetrevenge86
August 17th, 2007 at 12:56pm
Lightning Zap:
sweetrevenge86:
Nothing is reliable anymore because so many people have turned against him since he fell out with Gerard.

I know what you mean. I am still a Used fan and haven't turned away from Bert. I think he can be really immature at times, but he seems to have fun with what he does, so i just ignore the times when he's being a jackass. I think whatever did happen between him and MCR is a shame, but if Bert used it as a motivation in his song writing, it's ok cause i love their new album.

I agree, Bert has always been immature and I have always just ignored it as well. What annoys me is that no one ever had a major problem with his behaviour until he fell out with Gerard, now everyone uses it as an excuse to bash him.
don't let me drown
Bleeding on the Floor
don't let me drown
August 27th, 2007 at 07:59pm
I heard a rumour that Bert and Gerard are now on "speaking terms" but Bert thinks MCR is a shit band. Which they are so not. MCR and the used all seem to have the same sort of fans I just thought I would point that out. lol
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
August 27th, 2007 at 08:06pm
I doubt they are.
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
August 27th, 2007 at 10:31pm
OMG is this topic still ongoing? LMAO I figured it got brought back up because of MSSS but apparently it's just from newbie questions (welcome btw, newbies) Wink

I am going to see The Used on Sept. 10 and both the kiddo and I are praying that Bert just lays off of MCR that night. We both like the band a lot but are not feeling an anti-Gerard rant and will get pissed off if we hear one.

Regarding actual facts, here are the only ones we have:

-Yes, it was Quinn who remarked that PHA was about "a guy with short blonde hair"

-Bert and Gerard have both claimed at different points in fairly recent history that the bands are cool now. However, there is no evidence of any further interraction between the two bands.

-Bert did indeed remark that MCR's head exploded, then went up its collective ass. He first changed the lyrics, during live performances, to "Take It Away" from "lost all doubt in a chemical romance" to "lost all faith" then just gave up saying the words chemical romance at all, just laughing instead. He has also remarked on more than one occasion, that MCR makes insincere music, and called Gerard a liar to the face of an ex-INOer.

-Apparently MCR was not aware that they were feuding with The Used until Bert grabbed a megaphone at TOC 05 (?) and tried to dissuade fans from listening to My Chem's set. Gerard called this incident "sad." However, Gerard also was asked about some negative press that Bert had been apparently spreading about MCR when the feud first commenced, and said Bert was "a joker."

-Gerard also stated that there was a fallout regarding the usage of "Under Pressure." The song was meant to be a charity only recording, but The Used put it on In Love And Death.

It is only within the fandom that suggestions of a sexual relationship between the two (or, alternately, a crush on the part of at least one of them,) a dispute over drinking or the lack thereof have their origin.

So there you have it: the entire confusing mess which we will probably never unravel. Just remember, Kiddies, that there are three sides to every story Wink
Millstone
Bleeding on the Floor
Millstone
August 28th, 2007 at 12:52am
Yes! Why are we still talking about this. Bert and Gerard haven't really made any comments about each other in a long time so why are we still talking about this. They're moving on. We should too. Some people are not going supposed to be your friend forever no matter how close or how quickly of friends you were. I'm quite sure everyone has been in a situation similar to this. People change and grow. Bert and Gerard didn't change and grow together. There's nothing extraordinary about this. It's just life. I love The Used and My Chemical Romance and I will continue to support them both. I really could care less why they're not friends anymore.
Burnout
Bleeding on the Floor
Burnout
August 28th, 2007 at 01:42am
keve'sLadyofSorrows:
OMG is this topic still ongoing? LMAO I figured it got brought back up because of MSSS but apparently it's just from newbie questions (welcome btw, newbies) Wink

uhh...whats MSSS, i feel stupid...