Don't have an account? Create one!

What university do you go to?

AuthorMessage
sez
Bleeding on the Floor
sez
November 14th, 2007 at 03:00pm
26 pages?! Far out.
I am so screwed for my Geography exam on Friday.
Rh!annon
Salute You in Your Grave
Rh!annon
November 15th, 2007 at 12:27am
^^ You definitely should. It is the most amazing thing. I still remember the first time I trotted. I was 5 and I was so terrified. Though, not nearly as terrified as the first time I galloped. Man, I thought I was gonna die haha.

I don't even realise how much I've done til I look back over it. Those 26 pages is like 14 lectures worth of material. I have 36 total, I plan to do all me revision notes by Friday. I think it's just sheer stubbornness spurring me on, cause I lost my motivation 2 weeks ago.
asha shake.
Devil's Got Your Number
asha shake.
November 15th, 2007 at 12:56am

Speaking of horse riding, when I was like 10, we went on a riding camp, and it was right next to that house on Home & Away where Sally lives (back then it was somebody else though lol).
That was cool. Lmfao.

Gahhh, 26 pages?!?!
Hahaha, that's probably more than I've written in most of my subjects for the whole semester XDDD
Especially Communication Research, I only wrote 2 pages for that lmfao.
Rh!annon
Salute You in Your Grave
Rh!annon
November 15th, 2007 at 04:57am
That would have been cool! My bf lives near the street they film Neighbors on, back when I first met him the first time I went to his place he took me to see it. It was pretty cool, in an equally lame kind of way.

Haha. I was like that with the one arts subject I took this semester. I went to like 4 lectures all semester (I hated the lecturer and one lecture clashed with Bio) so I wrote no notes all sem. Cept for when I did revision for the class tests, wrote about 20ish pages then. I just got back my mark for that, too, and I beat the class average. I find that hilarious given how lazy I was.

26 pages doesn't seem like a lot for me, actually. I'm accustomed to writing a few hundred pages of notes per subject. Being science subjects there's like 82374628375 million terms/concepts to learn. I find it much easier to remember if I put it into my own handwriting.

One of my bio lecturers once said biology is like learning another language. He was so right.
CAcT '-.-' tux
Salute You in Your Grave
CAcT '-.-' tux
November 15th, 2007 at 01:55pm
omg freaky...100 pages?! unless you have huge handwriting lol.
speaking of home and away, back in the days before bec cartwright was unmarried, my friends always spotted her around Eastwood- local. And there was a time when they filmed a few episodes on my street using this old house that no one lives in- & once there was something involving fire & blocking off the road. meh...i never watched H&A.
Rh!annon
Salute You in Your Grave
Rh!annon
November 16th, 2007 at 12:28am
Nah, unfortunately my handwriting is pretty tiny. I'm up to 94 pages now. Only 14 more lectures to revise, whoo! But really, it's not that much. It's on average about 4 pages per lecture. So with 36 lectures a few hundred pages really isn't that uneasonable.
sez
Bleeding on the Floor
sez
November 16th, 2007 at 03:29pm
Woah. I wrote 26 pages for 24 lectures.

Also... I AM DONE FOR THE YEAR AND IT IS SUMMER HOLIDAYS WOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoo
Very Happy

My exam was WAY better than I expected. I even think I passed!
Rh!annon
Salute You in Your Grave
Rh!annon
November 16th, 2007 at 04:09pm
That's awesome news! Congrats. I'm totally jealous of you, but congrats!
CAcT '-.-' tux
Salute You in Your Grave
CAcT '-.-' tux
November 16th, 2007 at 11:31pm
join the club sez!!!!
sez
Bleeding on the Floor
sez
November 17th, 2007 at 09:18am
Haha, aww, you'll be finished soon Rhiannon and then we can all be happy and crazy together.
YAY TEAM!
Rh!annon
Salute You in Your Grave
Rh!annon
November 18th, 2007 at 12:19am
Yeah, one more day of study and w00t! Can't wait til Monday morning is over. It's gonna be so hot though, I think I'm going to melt all over my exam.

I think I wrote too much. I had to stop writing notes cause I couldn't hold a pen anymore. My hand was all bruised and I'd worn the skin off my fingers from the friction of the pen. It was kinda funny, save for the fact it was hindering my progress.

I so wanted to give up on Friday. Then I saw this footage on TV of a group of poachers shooting down a male lion. Reminded me why it is I'm doing this in the first place. Yay for motivation!
CAcT '-.-' tux
Salute You in Your Grave
CAcT '-.-' tux
November 18th, 2007 at 12:55am
you're insane rhiannon! give that pen a rest! (or hand i mean)

ahah sez, "we can all be happy & crazy...together(?)" i think this togetherness extends as far as this forum. So we should start a thread called, "happy & crazy & finished uni"
Rh!annon
Salute You in Your Grave
Rh!annon
November 19th, 2007 at 05:16am
Freeedooooooooooom.

I'm still obsessing over todays exam lol. That was retarded. I can't wait for it to sink in that I'm done.

I have to figured out what subjects I'm taking next year now. I can't choose. Neutral

Still. Dance Dance
asha shake.
Devil's Got Your Number
asha shake.
November 19th, 2007 at 05:22am

Yay! Congrats Rhiannon =]

Argh I know. Choosing subjects sucks.
Mine are all locked in now, but I think I've chosen the wrong ones XD
I mean like, I've got my Journalism major (YAY), but I chose Advertising electives, purely because my Advertising subject earlier this year was fun.
I think I should've probably gone for Public Relations electives, just because they'd be more relevant in the long run...
But at least I'll have fun next year haha
Rh!annon
Salute You in Your Grave
Rh!annon
November 19th, 2007 at 06:48am
Lol! Fun always takes priority over relevancy. XD Cept when I did Chemistry. Neutral There's too much to choose from. It's hard enough picking subjects for my major, let alone choosing which of the prerequisites I'll choose.

Sometimes I wish mine was one of those courses wherein everything was already chosen for me. Spose I shouldn't complain about being spoilt for choice.

And thanks, too. =D
sez
Bleeding on the Floor
sez
November 19th, 2007 at 07:43am
YAY for being finished!
I have no idea what I'm going to major in... it's either German or Linguistics. Linguistics would be far more handy in the long run and it's quite interesting and all that... but I've done German since year 8! Agh!

ahah sez, "we can all be happy & crazy...together(?)" i think this togetherness extends as far as this forum. So we should start a thread called, "happy & crazy & finished uni"

Lol, yeah. But we can be happy and crazy and fun together in this thread. And tease everyone who hasn't finished yet. HA. Suckers. Not really, don't tease them. That's not very nice. Gosh, why would you suggest that?!

Yeah, I am crazy.
Rh!annon
Salute You in Your Grave
Rh!annon
November 19th, 2007 at 08:20am
I like crazy. Crazy is my kinda peeps!

My problem has always been knowing what I want at the end of all this, just not knowing how to get there. I've known since I was little what I wanted as a career, more specifically since about Year 9. Now, I know I want to major in Zoology, just dunno what subjects. Gah.

I can't imagine how indecisive I'd be if I didn't know that much lol.
CAcT '-.-' tux
Salute You in Your Grave
CAcT '-.-' tux
November 19th, 2007 at 02:18pm
congrats rhiannon! it does take time to actually believe you've done your last exam. When I woke up the day after my last assessment I said to mum- i'm on...holidays...?! now i'm like- what do i do?

you're so lucky you know what you want to be. My course is one of those that is mostly set out for you. But even with that I'm so lost most of the time & i ask myself like in the middle of class why i'm even doing this. So depressing. Then I have to face it all over again in 3 months time. argh stop this.
asha shake.
Devil's Got Your Number
asha shake.
November 20th, 2007 at 12:56am

Mine's pretty much all set out for me XD
Like, this year, we got no choice in what we did because it was basically just a sample of the subjects that we could major in,
And next year, we choose our major and then have to take the 4 second year subjects for it, plus the 2 compulsory subjects, and we get 2 electives as well.
Yet I still managed to stress so much over choosing those 2 electives XD

Rh!annon
Salute You in Your Grave
Rh!annon
November 20th, 2007 at 06:47am
Lmao, I can imagine! Gah, it took me all night to settle on subjects. Strangely enough, it was like a billion times easier to pick the 3rd year subjects. Cause for my major I have to do two subjects from a list of 10 that are co-requisites, then choose two other science subjects, then my other 4 subjects I can do whatever. Then I had to somehow settle on subjects out of the list of prereqs for them and I had no idea. But I finally did. I'm really really excited about one of my 3rd year subjects; Field Biology of Australian Wildlife. It has 4 lectures and 60 hours of prac including a one week long field trip. There's so much hands on stuff where you learn to track, capture and assess wildlife. It'll be like when I did work experience at Phillip Island Nature Park, but not. Lol, yeah, so if you can't tell by my incessant rambling, I'm rulley excited.

I have to ask, cause I don't know. Does anyone know, for a bachelor degree, is it advantageous at all to do two majors? I was thinking of majoring in History and Philosophy of Science as well as Zoology, cause I'm practically doing all the subjects required for it for 'fun' already. I was wondering if anyone knows if there's any point to a double major?