Don't have an account? Create one!

Single sex schools

AuthorMessage
the.reaper.wore.pink
Motor Baby
the.reaper.wore.pink
June 18th, 2008 at 06:47am
SisterOfTheRose:
Never been to a single sex school but my biology teacher used to go an all-female boarding school and she said it was a complete nightmare especially when a certain time of the month came along. Personally I think interaction with the opposite sex is an important part of development, even at a young age. There shouldn't be separation during the early years as it will cause separation later in life and people of the opposite sex won't know how to communicate with or understand each other.

Why ist it a nightmare once a month?
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
June 18th, 2008 at 06:55am
the.reaper.wore.pink:

time of the month... PMS... menstruation...
I think you get the idea.
SisterOfTheRose
Jazz Hands
SisterOfTheRose
June 18th, 2008 at 11:53am
the.reaper.wore.pink:

Ummm... haven't you ever learned about that kind of thing? Ahhh, ignorance is bliss.
Common_Existence
Motor Baby
Common_Existence
June 20th, 2008 at 09:34am
When moving up to seconadary school I really didn't want to be put in the local girls school.

I don't know why at the time, but I think they are a bad idea and can cause extreme problems in later life, separation from opposite sex and you never really learn about how the other sex act, my friend went to one and she turned into a doormat to guys.
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
June 20th, 2008 at 11:33pm
Vikki Has Cookies:
When moving up to seconadary school I really didn't want to be put in the local girls school.

I don't know why at the time, but I think they are a bad idea and can cause extreme problems in later life, separation from opposite sex and you never really learn about how the other sex act, my friend went to one and she turned into a doormat to guys.

You're friend turning into a "doormat for guys" probably has more to do with her own self-esteem issues rather than being educated in a same sex school.

Do I really need to proclaim about my own experience in an all-girls school again? I've stated it so many times. When I was at an all girls school, the teachers and the all-girl environment actually instilled a lot of confidence in me, and my friends. I don't believe I'd be the person I am today if I went to a co-ed school, purely because the environment had a real "girl power" attitude. I know it sounds lame, but it did most of us a world of good.

To reiterate - same sex schools do not turn girls into doormats. Girls turn themselves into doormats.
lorilee krizelle.
In The Murder Scene
lorilee krizelle.
June 22nd, 2008 at 11:48am
I never really want to go to a single sex school. I don't have anything against them, but being in a CO-ED school is much more fun. You learn to interact with both sexes which really helps with extra-curricular activities such as joinings orgs that are not from your school. Like me, when I joined the YFC [Youth For Christ], my studying in a CO-ED school helped me interact with the other members. xD
And I don't like single sex school cause they are super strcit.
HEY AMY
Salute You in Your Grave
HEY AMY
June 22nd, 2008 at 09:18pm
^ Hmm, It's more private schools that are super strict. Not singe sex schools. Sure, single sex schools are usually the private ones, but I know of plenty of private co-ed schools that are as strict as my one.
lorilee krizelle.
In The Murder Scene
lorilee krizelle.
June 23rd, 2008 at 01:42am
nah, here, single sex schols are really REALLY strict.
i study at a private school abd where i study its not that strict at all.
the.reaper.wore.pink
Motor Baby
the.reaper.wore.pink
June 23rd, 2008 at 02:06am
SisterOfTheRose:
the.reaper.wore.pink:

Ummm... haven't you ever learned about that kind of thing? Ahhh, ignorance is bliss.

No, i know what people mean when they refer to once a month. I'm just curious why is it a nightmare. Because i went to an all girls school too and i never found it a nightmare.
the.reaper.wore.pink
Motor Baby
the.reaper.wore.pink
June 23rd, 2008 at 02:11am
Dance. Vikki. Dance!:

The doormat thing is not caused by being in a single sex (i'll refer to it as ss to make life easier) school. In my experience, in my ss school in high school, we are encouraged to take up leadership roles and such and almost all of the colleges here in the philippines, girls from my ss school are the ones being the leaders and such.
barcoded.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
barcoded.
June 29th, 2008 at 05:07am
i have been to both single sex and coed high schools

at the all girls school there was a very high amount of confidence that as woman we were equal and that we should have the same opportunities etc.
i liked the ideas put forward by the school and the way that single sex schools operate but i dont beleive that we should be taughtiun single sex schools

after a while there i hated it
there was the sporty girls
the clever girls
the 'cool' girls
the 'retards'

averything was so clicky and i know thatit happens with all schools but it was so much more obvious at girls high than my current school
i was sick of being surrounded by so many bitchy girls.

at my current school-boys and girls-i have had so much more fun but still got on with my studies
in society men and women will always be around each other so why should they ne split at such and important part and time of their life, when they are learning abou the opposite and maturing?!

you need to be around each ohter because different sexes see things in different ways and can help you be more open minded

its all a matter of personal opininon as to whether you think ss or coed schools are better but i personally beleive that coed schools help you in your later life

thats all
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
June 29th, 2008 at 07:36am
Molly.Fuckin.Way:

you need to be around each ohter because different sexes see things in different ways and can help you be more open minded

its all a matter of personal opininon as to whether you think ss or coed schools are better but i personally beleive that coed schools help you in your later life

thats all

I disagree. I don't think being in a co-educational environment is going to help you "become more open minded". How can it? And what do you mean by "open minded" anyway? More accepting?

I know you said it was your personal opinion, and I respect that, but I can't help but be skeptical about the claim that it will "help you later in life". Like the open minded thing, how so? How can it help you more, exactly? Image

Just because you may go to a single sex school, it doesn't necessarily mean you're isolated from the opposite sex.

tUNacONfessIon
Killjoy
tUNacONfessIon
June 29th, 2008 at 01:24pm
single sex schools? well, to me it's not that big of a bad thing. I know some classmates who went on to single sex highschools. They were all very smart and seemed to like the idea.
as for me, I remember being in an all girls class one term and I could not survive it...
xxthexblackxparadexx
Killjoy
xxthexblackxparadexx
June 29th, 2008 at 01:54pm
I go to a single sex school

it actually isn't as bad as you would think??? I don't like school but you can learn easier with just girls in your class and there was boys in my class unitl second class and then they had to leave then to go to an all boys school and they thought it was great so it isn't that bad!!!!!!!!!!!
A.Dream.4.The.Dead.
Fabulous Killjoy
A.Dream.4.The.Dead.
June 30th, 2008 at 07:22pm
Single sex schools to me would be HELL!!! I would have to spend ALL day EVERY day with only girls.
Alot of the girls at school are either boring, or they're a complete bitch. Some of them are cool, but only a few of them. Boys are more fun to be around and I'm not saying that just cause I'm like a weirdo boy crazy lunatic, but because they're funnier and just say whatever comes to their mind. Girls always have something mean to say and usually (usually being a key word) the guys don't really care. I REALLY wouldn't like to go to an all girls school.
HEY AMY
Salute You in Your Grave
HEY AMY
June 30th, 2008 at 08:42pm
^ Not all girls schools are like that.
Sure, my one has it's fair share of bitchy girls, but I have a nice group of friends who are sweet, caring and not rude.
I think you'r forgetting that a co-ed school would have bitchy girls too. So, the bitchiness in girls would still be there.
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
June 30th, 2008 at 09:49pm
A_Dream_4_The_Dead:
Single sex schools to me would be HELL!!! I would have to spend ALL day EVERY day with only girls.

A_Dream_4_The_Dead:
Alot of the girls at school are either boring, or they're a complete bitch. Some of them are cool, but only a few of them.

How would you know if you've never been? Neutral
Detonator.
Really Not Okay
Detonator.
July 1st, 2008 at 02:24am
Im not sure... I'm going to a Co-ed school but I find it really annoying cus some of the guys in my english class and other are the kind that like to be the smart arse and disrupt the class... I hate it cus I can write with soo much noise!!

Though I read an article in the newspaper once that Boys learn better in different enviroments than girls such as
Boys work best in cool lights, in cooler temperatures and more breaks.
where as girls work best in warm lights and more comfortable seats like bean bags and stuff..

lol i cant remember it all but some of the points i kinda dont agree with.
Some schools in NZ are introducing these kinda things... so maybe if more do it there might be more singe sex schools?
Darkromance
Banned
Darkromance
July 3rd, 2008 at 06:40pm
I think coed schools are better. Its just better to have some friends who are the opposite sex. And school isnt really a democracy. In student council the kids dont really have any say over important things, its what the teachers will let yot u do so they dont lose their jobs.
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
July 3rd, 2008 at 08:57pm
Darkromance:
I think coed schools are better. Its just better to have some friends who are the opposite sex.

You can have friends of the opposite sex and still go to a same sex school, you know... just saying Shifty2