Don't have an account? Create one!

Single sex schools

AuthorMessage
sailor spaikae!
Always Born a Crime
sailor spaikae!
August 16th, 2007 at 01:22pm
I'm indifferent. I know some people who go to same-sex schools, most like it.
I think it depends entirely on the person themselves.
Girls and guys can be just as bitchy and horrible towards each other, sometimes in different ways, sometimes not.
Some people gel better with the same sex, others make friends easier with the opposite sex, so I think it's entirely personal.
sweet disposition.
Banned
sweet disposition.
August 16th, 2007 at 02:26pm
I think single-sex schools aren't really necessary.
I know that personally myself, I'd hate it, as I find my guy mates to be a hell of a lot more fun than my girl ones.
And it also helps for when you're older, because you will be working with members of the opposite sex.
our avenged tania.
Always Born a Crime
our avenged tania.
August 16th, 2007 at 10:28pm
I don't think they're all that good. If, example it's an all-girls school, they won't know how to deal with boys out in society. Same thing for boys.
Mixed schools are good for a reason. By bad in a way I guess.
ticklemegia
Killjoy
ticklemegia
August 17th, 2007 at 08:01am
i went to a private, all girl's, Catholic school and so far, i turned up okay... i guess... but it doesn't really matter because sometimes it even helps you become an empowered woman and all. i mean, it helps you realize that there's more to what you got down there.
androidgirl
Motor Baby
androidgirl
August 17th, 2007 at 08:29am
i study in a private all girls school and it's quite okay though sometimes it just promotes (in a sense) same sex relationships beacause there are no guys and that students tend to be really flirty and slutty when they're with guys.....
the.reaper.wore.pink
Motor Baby
the.reaper.wore.pink
August 17th, 2007 at 09:13am
^^ yeah... i came from an all-girls schol too.

according to research, 20% of students think like the opposite sex. so, it means that 20% of the student population in a single sex school is having a hard time coping up with the curriculum or teaching techniques of that school
Fantasma
Demolition Lover
Fantasma
August 17th, 2007 at 11:27pm
That kind of a school sounds kinda dull... In no disrespect! But I just wouldn`t wanna be in a school filled only with girls. .____.
musicmad93
Killjoy
musicmad93
October 26th, 2007 at 04:11pm
i go to a girls school in australia and i have to wear a uniform which isnt that bad and i think that i like it more that i would if i went co-ed
sweet disposition.
Banned
sweet disposition.
October 26th, 2007 at 04:49pm
^^ I wear a uniform too... Sorry, I don't understand how it's related to the topic.
:S
differant.
Shotgun Sinner
differant.
November 5th, 2007 at 12:23am
i have been to both co-ed and single sex schools, and, personally, i believe co-ed to be better.
the girls at a single sex school were socially immature, and as soon as they saw a boy they freaked out and didn't know what to do, because there were no boys around, they had built them up in their minds to be something amazing.
these girls would often fantasize (sp?) about what it was like to even talk to a boy, and as a result they lacked certain social skills and confidence...it was a sad thing to witness.
Alx_Aoide
Fabulous Killjoy
Alx_Aoide
November 5th, 2007 at 12:56am
^Funny. I went to a single-sex school and it was the exact opposite.
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
November 5th, 2007 at 08:14am
Kill Pop:
i have been to both co-ed and single sex schools, and, personally, i believe co-ed to be better.
the girls at a single sex school were socially immature, and as soon as they saw a boy they freaked out and didn't know what to do, because there were no boys around, they had built them up in their minds to be something amazing.
these girls would often fantasize (sp?) about what it was like to even talk to a boy, and as a result they lacked certain social skills and confidence...it was a sad thing to witness.

I'd have to disagree with you there. I went to a single sex school, but that doesn't mean I didn't have any guy friends, or didn't know how to "behave" around guys. I think what you're talking about it often a myth in single sex schools.

Just because you go to a single sex school, it doesn't mean you come out of it "lacking social skills" - in fact, it's the opposite.

My school was very passionate about creating an environment where women had a chance to succeed in life, and I must say, that I actually had quite a good highschool life. The learning environment was great.

I'm not bashing co-ed schools, they are just as good as single sex ones. I think there's a place in the world for both types of schools.

And we weren't socially immature. Again, it was the opposite. I had friends that went to co-ed schools, and they seemed to be the more immature ones. They were always trying to "impress" they guys by doing silly things. And, I'll admit, girls who go to all girls schools do that as well. So that's why I think it's wrong to say that girls who go to single sex schools are like that.
Cut
Jazz Hands
Cut
November 11th, 2007 at 12:48am
I don't mind single sex schools, i was in one until this year when it turned co-ed. Being in a boys school does build a lot of awareness in pupils but, i don't know much about female schools. I think only some schools should be single sex but otherwise having both does build character and awareness skills.
Diana_a7x
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Diana_a7x
November 12th, 2007 at 03:05am
*Are boys really that different from girls?
In a way yes and no.
Okay they all sleep, eat, and breathe.

in other ways they are because a girl they always have girl problems, same thing for the boys, but boy problems.

Don't know if i made any sense on this... Rolling Eyes
the.reaper.wore.pink
Motor Baby
the.reaper.wore.pink
November 12th, 2007 at 03:10pm
Kill Pop:

that is true according to psychosexual development studies. If there is less time spent with the opposite sex than usual (if you are studying in a single sex school like i do in my country, you spend 10 hours in school), you really tend to fantasize about the opposite sex. Though, this is not true for all.

i think that most people from a single sex school have a sense of elitism in them. I've observed it from myself, my friends, classmates and other people who go to a single sex school. A lot of people even confessed that they think that single-sex schools can easily stump other schools because they are co-ed.
Diana_a7x
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Diana_a7x
November 12th, 2007 at 05:13pm
Is it true that you may also grow up to like your own sex/gender?
the.reaper.wore.pink
Motor Baby
the.reaper.wore.pink
November 13th, 2007 at 02:29pm
some do. some don't. it really depends on the person. the usual thing is that a girl in a single sex school where i go to would be involved in a same sex relationship but move on to relationship with guys as soon as she graduates. So, the bi thing is just a phase where one gets past upon graduating from the single sex schools. All these i've observed from my school. idk about other single sex schools though
gemstonefromabove
Killjoy
gemstonefromabove
November 13th, 2007 at 04:09pm
i think mixed is better cause that is how life is and it prepares you for experiences that will occur later in your life and allow you to have real life situations to fall back upon and use as an advantage.
Alx_Aoide
Fabulous Killjoy
Alx_Aoide
November 13th, 2007 at 06:22pm
the.reaper.wore.pink:
some do. some don't. it really depends on the person. the usual thing is that a girl in a single sex school where i go to would be involved in a same sex relationship but move on to relationship with guys as soon as she graduates. So, the bi thing is just a phase where one gets past upon graduating from the single sex schools. All these i've observed from my school. idk about other single sex schools though

At my school, it wasn't so much the girls becoming bisexual (at least for the time they were in the school), as it was forming really close relationships with the other girls. Relationships as in strong friendships. That's what happened to me and all of my friends.
the.reaper.wore.pink
Motor Baby
the.reaper.wore.pink
November 14th, 2007 at 11:41am
hmmm...who do you think experiences more in life, a person from a co-ed school or a single sex schhol?