Vegetarianism/veganism.

AuthorMessage
DIE! DIE! DIE!
Bleeding on the Floor
DIE! DIE! DIE!
September 28th, 2007 at 10:13pm
Dimestore Saint;;:
DIE! DIE! DIE!:
Like I said previously, I can cite just as many sources you can proving you wrong. The vegan omni debate about heath is a useless one: the only difference between our diets healthwise is that we don't need to artifically render our food to survive on it. All we do is cook and presto.

[color=#2aa457][size=90]Read the ingredients on everything you eat for a day, you'll see you probably eat as many "artificially rendered" foods as I do.

It seems you aren't as educated about vegetarian food as you think you are: many vegetarians don't use meat analogues often, if at all. I won't lie, I still use them, but the fact is you don't have to and sometimes I don't. With seitan, falafel, tofu, tempeh, and all kinds of other foods, you just "cook and presto." You can make soy milk in your kitchen with a soy milk press, you can make almond milk even more easily. Veganism is only artificial foods if you choose to eat that way, just like it's only healthier if you choose to eat that way.

Im not talking about analogue meats, soy ilk, or any of that. Im talking about the many vegans that have to take pills to keep their health up.

There was a thread on the myspace forum once where vegans were talking about how to stay healthy as a vegan and out of about 100 pages, over half of the people talked about needing to take pills and vitimans.

I do agree, and im glad you seem to think that way, that the vegan diet, contrary to many high and mighty vegans beliefs, is not perfect. I will not deny that it can be healthy, but only if you make it that way.
Mr.Armstrong
Awake and Unafraid
Mr.Armstrong
September 28th, 2007 at 10:16pm
well im not a vegitarian or a vegan.
mainly because i have to eat. Animals have feelings yeah but animals eat diffrent animals.
but yes its the persons choices you don't wanna eat meat? fine thats you want.
DIE! DIE! DIE!
Bleeding on the Floor
DIE! DIE! DIE!
September 28th, 2007 at 10:27pm
Haha, Indeed. I don't really have a problem with vegans as long as they don't have their heads too far up their asses. I hate vegans that think they are somehow more moral then everyone else because they don't eat meat. If eating an animal makes you uncomfortable: then that's ok..whatever. I have many vegans friends that totally understand and don't look down upon meat eaters morality., they just chose not to do it themselves.,
But this whole deal with believes that everyone should stop eating meat, and that meating meat is 100% morally wrong is crap. That's why I concider veganism so personal: because it should be personal: not activist freaky.
All_You_Need_Is_Love
Joining The Black Parade
All_You_Need_Is_Love
September 28th, 2007 at 11:26pm
xMyBlackDaliahx:
mainly because i have to eat. Animals have feelings yeah but animals eat diffrent animals.

Everyone has to eat.
Needing to eat doesn't mean you can't be a vegetarian or vegan.

Carnivores eat other animals.
Lions and tigers do not have tofu.
A wolf can't walk into a grocery store and pick up soy.
Mr.Armstrong
Awake and Unafraid
Mr.Armstrong
September 29th, 2007 at 02:06am
All_You_Need_Is_Love:
xMyBlackDaliahx:

Everyone has to eat.

what im trying to say is that i eat on meat sometimes thats how i live.
an animal eats an animal because they like meat not because they cant eat herbs. Wolves can look for herbs. Where do you think we get our foods from? like were do you think the gorcery store supplies those herbs?
from nature obivously animals that live in the nature can get those herbs too.

Ignore Alien Orders
Salute You in Your Grave
Ignore Alien Orders
September 29th, 2007 at 02:09am
xMyBlackDaliahx:

an animal eats an animal because they like meat not because they cant eat herbs. Wolves can look for herbs. Where do you think we get our foods from? like were do you think the gorcery store supplies those herbs?

It has less to do with taste than it has to do with what's evolutionarily stable for those species. A lion or tiger knows it will be most likely to survive if it eats all or mostly meat. As humans, we have more knowledge and therefore more options.

All_You_Need_Is_Love
Joining The Black Parade
All_You_Need_Is_Love
September 29th, 2007 at 02:33am
xMyBlackDaliahx:
All_You_Need_Is_Love:
xMyBlackDaliahx:

Everyone has to eat.

Wolves are scientifically carnivores.
A wolf or a lion cannot survive on grains, nuts, and plants.
A bear or a tiger does not have access to tofu.
Human beings do have the ability to survive without murdering another creature.
the.reaper.wore.pink
Motor Baby
the.reaper.wore.pink
September 29th, 2007 at 04:42am
All_You_Need_Is_Love:
the.reaper.wore.pink:
I think that being a vegetarian or a vegan because of health issues is fine but the part about animal killing raises some questions like, if you really care about the feelings of animals, what about plants? Plants are treated as equally as animals are in the commercial industry. It might sound crazy but there have been some studies proving plants do possess emotions. Plants are also force-fed nutrients for them to grow quickly and big, mutated if you say so. Of course, if you care about animals feelings, why not care about plants? Its not that plants are any less.
If this is the case, what are we going to eat now?

The difference between:
and...
...is a huge one.

What is their difference?
Maybe Crazy
Salute You in Your Grave
Maybe Crazy
September 29th, 2007 at 04:55am
I'm a vegitarian. I love animals, and just felt kind of weird eating them. But I don't have any problem with people that do eat meat. It's their choise, I just prefer not to.
P A N D O R A
Demolition Lover
P A N D O R A
September 29th, 2007 at 08:54am
Iam a vegetarian. but I dont belife in forcing people in to being like me. I am not gunna be like "omg your eating an animal you murderer"
I belive Vegan and Vehetarian ism is up to the person and their belives.
deathly_silence
Killjoy
deathly_silence
September 30th, 2007 at 02:54am
i used to be mostly veggan now im a full veggan i have ben for 1-2 years becose its wrong to kill them even if its for food
its like killing your pet or your best friend for cfrying out loud
gerardmabbitt.
Salute You in Your Grave
gerardmabbitt.
September 30th, 2007 at 05:10pm
I'm a vegetarian and has been since i was 7. Very Happy
But, i don't like the idea of people eating other animals, my friends do, but i don't mind them if they do, i just don't like it at all.
I think it's horrible.
But that's my opinion.
RaggDoll
Killjoy
RaggDoll
October 7th, 2007 at 07:44am
I think being a vegetarian is the greatest thing I've ever done! I dont get all preachy or tell ppl not to eat meat! I hate it when my parents or family tries to MAKE me eat meat! It makes me sick thats the biggest reason im a veggie.
But I seriously get mad/confused when some one says their a vegan yet their wearing leather shoes... does that make sense or is it just me!?!
Mrs.Lee Way
Killjoy
Mrs.Lee Way
October 7th, 2007 at 11:05am
i dont think that its fair what animals have to go through so im completely a vegetarian. i think its cruel....i know it may sound really dumb but im like Frankie...doesnt eat meat no matter what. holidays, special ocasions,etc i just wont eat meat.
sweet disposition.
Banned
sweet disposition.
October 7th, 2007 at 12:01pm
I hardly ever eat meat, as I don't particuarly like it.

But I don't think there is a problem with people eating meat.

I'd stop anyday, but I know that me stopping won't change anything.
Animals will still be killed for their meat.
And I highly doubt it will ever stop.
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
October 7th, 2007 at 12:24pm
^^It's more about people not wanting to contribute to an industry that is so cruel to animals. As a strict vegetarian myself, I can tell you right now that I am aware that me being a vegetarian isn't "stopping anything". I just don't want to contribute to the evil that is the meat industry.
sweet disposition.
Banned
sweet disposition.
October 7th, 2007 at 12:26pm
Yeah, there's that too.

Do any vegetarian's ever think that by not eating meat, they're wasting the meat? Meaning that the animal died for no reason?
All_You_Need_Is_Love
Joining The Black Parade
All_You_Need_Is_Love
October 7th, 2007 at 08:13pm
Atchoo.:
Yeah, there's that too.

Do any vegetarian's ever think that by not eating meat, they're wasting the meat? Meaning that the animal died for no reason?

By purchasing something, you are supporting it and contributing to it.

The less people who eat meat, the less animals need to be killed and put out.

Just because something some people believe is evil has already taken place doesn't make it okay to support it. Just because an animal has already been tortured and killed does not mean that I (or any other vegetarian/vegan) believe it's okay.

Think of the toy recall that took place just a little while ago: the led paint was already used, so by not buying the toys, wouldn't we be wasting that?
sweet disposition.
Banned
sweet disposition.
October 8th, 2007 at 07:12pm
All_You_Need_Is_Love:
Atchoo.:
Yeah, there's that too.

By purchasing something, you are supporting it and contributing to it.

The less people who eat meat, the less animals need to be killed and put out.

Just because something some people believe is evil has already taken place doesn't make it okay to support it. Just because an animal has already been tortured and killed does not mean that I (or any other vegetarian/vegan) believe it's okay.

Think of the toy recall that took place just a little while ago: the led paint was already used, so by not buying the toys, wouldn't we be wasting that?

Oh, I was just curious; I was just wondering if anyone felt that way.

"The less people who eat meat, the less animals need to be killed and put out."

^^ I don't know if that's quite true though.
Wouldn't they just throw away what's not used?

Or are they actually killing less animals now?
All_You_Need_Is_Love
Joining The Black Parade
All_You_Need_Is_Love
October 8th, 2007 at 08:28pm
When the demand for any product becomes less, the company does not waste the time and money producing it anymore.

Granted, one person going vegetarian or vegan doesn't make a difference, but once you get about ten or so people who stop eating meat, it makes a noticeable enough dent.