Don't have an account? Create one!

Vegetarianism/veganism.

AuthorMessage
DIE! DIE! DIE!
Bleeding on the Floor
DIE! DIE! DIE!
October 13th, 2007 at 05:42am
DIE! DIE! DIE!:

But given that a vegan is often sickly unless they actually watch what they eat/or take the right pills, I wouldn't trust one study anyway.
[/size]

I didn't say every vegan needed pills not to live healthy
sweet disposition.
Banned
sweet disposition.
October 13th, 2007 at 02:13pm
Whether you're vegan, vegetarian or eat meat - if you don't eat the right food, you'll be ill, regardless of your diet style.
Jenny.
Jenny.
October 14th, 2007 at 01:25am
i think it's up to you, whether or not you're vegan, vegitarian or omnivore. but i think veganism is just a little extreme. no offence. and ^ i agree with Atchoo.
sweet disposition.
Banned
sweet disposition.
October 15th, 2007 at 09:41am
What does a vegan diet consist of?
I don't know any vegans, so I'm not really aware of what the diet contains.

Just out of curiousity. Smile
Girl Anachronism
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Girl Anachronism
October 15th, 2007 at 11:39pm
Hmmm.... I've actually been thinking about going vegetarian. I can't stand what some people do to animals. And there are TONS of other ways to get all the vitamins you need, I'm still doing a bit of studying up on it though. So I actually KNOW what to do and whatnotness. But honestly I have respect for anyone who is vegan or vegitarian, it takes some self control if you really like the taste of meat. I'm all for it.
Girl Anachronism
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Girl Anachronism
October 15th, 2007 at 11:41pm
Atchoo.:

Just out of curiousity.

A vegan's diet is basically anything that DOESN'T contain any meat in it, and they also don't eat/drink any animal products. Like milk, eggs, SOMETIMES honey (it depends on this one) etc.
Mr.Armstrong
Awake and Unafraid
Mr.Armstrong
October 16th, 2007 at 12:41am
^wow thats intense i coudnt live like that
but yeah as a person said before me. You have to be healthy with what your eating including veganism if you dont you'll be unhealthy and sick
not to mention underweight
snow at christmas.
Crash Queen
snow at christmas.
October 16th, 2007 at 05:47am
xXYourGunToMyHeadXx:
Atchoo.:

Just out of curiousity.

A vegan's diet is basically anything that DOESN'T contain any meat in it, and they also don't eat/drink any animal products. Like milk, eggs, SOMETIMES honey (it depends on this one) etc.
To simplify, NO animal products at all.
And it's not just in what one eats, lifestyle is also included. Vegans don't wear anything made out of animal products or use any other items that contain any animal products. And most likely, they also don't use any products that have been tested on animals either.

I'm not completely clear on all of this, but I think it's fairly accurate.

Veganism is not a casual undertaking, one really needs to know what one is getting into.
Ignore Alien Orders
Salute You in Your Grave
Ignore Alien Orders
October 16th, 2007 at 02:15pm
xMyBlackDaliahx:
^wow thats intense i coudnt live like that
but yeah as a person said before me. You have to be healthy with what your eating including veganism if you dont you'll be unhealthy and sick
not to mention underweight

Actually it's easier to be a little bit overweight--the biggest mistake new vegetarians/vegans make is filling up on simple carbs like white bread and white rice and pasta and so on, which have less nutritional value and are less filling than whole grains.

Morning Stars.
Salute You in Your Grave
Morning Stars.
October 16th, 2007 at 05:09pm
i personally am a vegetarian, for moral reasons more than anything else. but i don't preach. if other people want to eat meat, that's fine, and i know humans weren't designed for veganism or vegetarianism but it's just my opinion that im not okay with people abusing animals for my 1 n a half minutes of pleasure.
CyanideRomantic
Killjoy
CyanideRomantic
October 16th, 2007 at 06:22pm
Im a vegetarian since I was eight...allow me to tell you a story.....
Around that time i was sent to live with my uncle who lived in the country and he owned a farm. Shortly after my arrival a pig had babies. One of them was a deformed runt, so natrually he allowed me to keep it as a pet ( BTW it was a boy named princess). About a year later I left for a week to go visit some other family mambers when I came back we had a huge BBQ. At one point in the middle of the meal I asked my uncle where proncess was..his reply????.....On your plate.

Needless to say I am afraid to eat meat now.

( lights dim and curtain closes to shrill notes of a grim violin)
sweet disposition.
Banned
sweet disposition.
October 17th, 2007 at 08:42pm
CyanideRomantic:
Im a vegetarian since I was eight...allow me to tell you a story.....
Around that time i was sent to live with my uncle who lived in the country and he owned a farm. Shortly after my arrival a pig had babies. One of them was a deformed runt, so natrually he allowed me to keep it as a pet ( BTW it was a boy named princess). About a year later I left for a week to go visit some other family mambers when I came back we had a huge BBQ. At one point in the middle of the meal I asked my uncle where proncess was..his reply????.....On your plate.

Needless to say I am afraid to eat meat now.

( lights dim and curtain closes to shrill notes of a grim violin)

That's... so pleasant...
CyanideRomantic
Killjoy
CyanideRomantic
October 18th, 2007 at 08:15pm
..Your telling me
Kid Rock
Banned
Kid Rock
October 19th, 2007 at 02:54am
DIE! DIE! DIE!:
Yeh, don't waste your time XD

If you like it, eat it

If your not into meat, then do it. No use forcing yourself to eat food you hate.

but if it's hard, you probably like it.

So why bother?

--
So I've been here for a little while & I've read through all 11 pages.

I am a vegetarian & I've been one for about 2 months. I do get cravings, very strong cravings for meat, but I really love this lifestyle. I feel better about what I put into my body. It was my choice & I wouldn't push that on anyone else.

However, I strongly disagree with what you have to say. There are a lot of hard things out there. Quitting smoking? Exercising? Both of those things can be hard for some people. I'm sure lots of people would love to smoke & not exercise. Just because something is enjoyable and very hard to give up doesn't mean it's not worth a try.

Just because you don't agree with the lifestyles of vegans/vegetarians doesn't mean you should discourage others from attempting it.
DIE! DIE! DIE!
Bleeding on the Floor
DIE! DIE! DIE!
October 19th, 2007 at 04:55am
It just seems like a waste of you enjoy it. Smoking can kill you. Meat can't.
I wouldn't ever give up something I loved unless I had to.
Ignore Alien Orders
Salute You in Your Grave
Ignore Alien Orders
October 19th, 2007 at 05:39am
Anything can kill you if you get too much of it, even water. By the way, different kinds of meat, particular smoked/cured varieties and the kinds cooked at very high temperatures until the outside is charred, have carcinogens.

sweet disposition.
Banned
sweet disposition.
October 19th, 2007 at 05:14pm
^^ Exactly.
While smoking is more harmful than meat, both have their downsides.
Firefly.
Salute You in Your Grave
Firefly.
October 19th, 2007 at 06:42pm
I'm a pesaterian, fish is the only meat I'll eat. Veganism seems too strict for me, and slightly unhealthy. No dairy, eggs, etc just seems like there isn't much left in the food pyramid!
sweet disposition.
Banned
sweet disposition.
October 19th, 2007 at 08:27pm
No offence to anyway, but I feel that if you're going vegetairian, you might as well do it properly, meaning eating no fish.

Isn't the main concept of vegetarianism to not eat meat because of the fact you're eating an innocent animal which is more likely than not to have been killed in an inhumane way?

Why does that not apply to a fish?
DIE! DIE! DIE!
Bleeding on the Floor
DIE! DIE! DIE!
October 19th, 2007 at 10:21pm
Some people are veg because they are anti factory farming. Fish arn't normally raised, they are caught.
Anyway, as per the meat comment, of course anything in abundance can kill you, but smoking is much more deadly then meat, which is just about as "deadly" as any other food out there. There are ways to grill and heat that can destroy carcinogens.
Even well..a veggies best friend can be more deadly then well cooked meat.
http://www.biotech-info.net/soya.html