Don't have an account? Create one!

Siblings/Better With Or Without?

AuthorMessage
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
August 2nd, 2008 at 02:30pm
it also might be age difference, I'm five years lder then my sister, and we're not at al friends, but like Mikey Gerard are only about 2 years apart and they have always been close.

It also might be the indiviuals
blow
Bleeding on the Floor
blow
August 2nd, 2008 at 03:46pm
My Dear Delirious:

I think it is the people/, and also how they parents raise their children. Like what you described, it's you're parents fault for spoiling her.
I have a brother who's five years older than me, and we get a long great. It all depends on the circumstances and what kind of person you are.
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
August 2nd, 2008 at 06:17pm
Eponine:

I think it is the people/, and also how they parents raise their children. Like what you described, it's you're parents fault for spoiling her.
I have a brother who's five years older than me, and we get a long great. It all depends on the circumstances and what kind of person you are.
well theres probably alot of factors, like our home settings were different growing up, like insanely different, I was raised to be so strict christian, I went to a christian school for about 7 years, she went for only preschool. cause theres alot of things into being yourself so...
Eight Bitter Years.
Killjoy
Eight Bitter Years.
August 2nd, 2008 at 06:50pm
I have two sisters. they do annoy me sometimes, and i wish i didnt have them, but sometimes they are nice and fun to talk to and im glad i have them.
John St. John
Shotgun Sinner
John St. John
August 4th, 2008 at 01:47pm
^^^

Chris Martin:
If we don't start saying more than "I'm an only child/have siblings and like it/dislike it," this topic is history.
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
August 4th, 2008 at 05:04pm
Ok, well my piont is, yes its nice to have someone there living with you, but when it gets to the piont where one child is "the favorite one" or "the gold child" whats soppuse to happen to the other child?
MeckieKaulitz
Killjoy
MeckieKaulitz
August 4th, 2008 at 08:38pm
I have a sister and a brother... I am the middle child... All we ever do is fight.. over the computer, t.v, radio, wii, where we go out to eat, the music i listen to, how loud my music is. Also i know this may be harsh but sometimes i really do think i would be better off without them, I'd rather have a twin brother. Sorry That's what i think.
we are broken.
Salute You in Your Grave
we are broken.
August 5th, 2008 at 10:14am
My Dear Delirious:
it also might be age difference, I'm five years lder then my sister, and we're not at al friends, but like Mikey Gerard are only about 2 years apart and they have always been close.

i dont know. me and my sister are five years appart and we get along really good. i like her a lot more (and get along with her better) then any of my friends. we both like the same stuff. if it wasnt for her i dont know what i would be doing right now.
xxWolvenPrincessxx
Joining The Black Parade
xxWolvenPrincessxx
August 7th, 2008 at 10:07am
Sometimes I think I'd be better off without my brother's but in all honest I wouldn't. I don't know what I'd do without them, I wouln't have been able to move on from a rough point in life. So it's better with siblings.
earth2themorgue
Bleeding on the Floor
earth2themorgue
August 9th, 2008 at 10:31pm
Cloud Strife.:
No offense, but when parents only have one child, the child tends to be
spoiled.

i totally agree with that. i have an older brother (we're two years apart) and last year he went away to europe for 6 months with his mates so i was an only child for 6 months. my parents paid way too much attention to me and i actually found it quite irritating. i'd hate to think what a spoilt brat i would be if i was an only child.
i get along pretty well with my brother but i always wished i had an older sister that i could talk to about girl stuff.

i think as a younger sibling, you can get away with alot more. especially when your younger. like whenever we had fights, everything was automatically his fault because im younger and i didnt know any better.
Spirit of Jazz.
Motor Baby
Spirit of Jazz.
August 12th, 2008 at 09:18am
i am so glad i'm an only child. my friend has 6 brothers and sisters. he's the middle kid. his mom is a single mom. poor mrs. f. his brothers and sisters are the spazziest kids i know. i sometimes wonder what it would be like to have a little brother or sister. then i realize it would suck to have a little brother or sister. then i'm over that revelation. i'm sure if i did have a sibling, i'd get used to it and eventually come to like it. i have pity for all non only children.
blow
Bleeding on the Floor
blow
August 12th, 2008 at 12:33pm
noodle2melody:
i have pity for all non only children.

Why? It's not horrible at all having siblings. Siblings can be amazingly annoying, but they also understand you. (To some degree) When my mom does something completely unfair and stupid my friends don't really get it, but my brothers do. I think learning to cooperate with your siblings prepares you for the world, because there will be times when you have to work with people you don't like. But again, it depends on how you and your siblings are raised, and how many siblings you have. Your friend may feel overwhelmed by all his siblings but I'm sure he loves them.
Faye Merci
Salute You in Your Grave
Faye Merci
August 12th, 2008 at 10:32pm
noodle2melody:
i have pity for all non only children.

I'm glad you pity that I've had a best friend my entire life because I have a little brother. I'm glad that you pity that I've always got someone to laugh with. I'm glad that you pity that one day my kids will have a fantastic uncle. Because man, what would I do without your pity? Go to my sibling?
SisterOfTheRose
Jazz Hands
SisterOfTheRose
August 13th, 2008 at 08:00am
My Dear Delirious:

I'm not so sure that's the case. There's also 5 years between me and my sister and we get on great while my granny and her sister had not long between them (not sure how much) and they fought like cat and dog. I think it could have more to do with how siblings are raised together as my sister and I were always encouraged to play together and involve each other in what we were doing but some parents raise their children completely separated. I think the family's situation has a lot to do with it as well because for a while I really didn't get along with my mum which pushed me towards my sister. Um... sorry for the essay there.
barcoded.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
barcoded.
November 22nd, 2008 at 03:31am
better with

i have 5 siblings
and i love it

even though you fight occasionally and annoy each ohter and its like your compred to the others imagine how lonely youd be without them

im the youngest, the oldest is 10 years older than me
and having siblings has taught me alot
like how to love and how to appreciate others
how to share, how to interact with guys and girls
how to loose someone you love

its taught me to be patient, and respect ohters things, feelings, privacy etc.

i think having had siblings has made me abetter person, and i can learn from their mistakes as well as my own.
also having a big range of ages helps me to understand and connect with people of all different ages

siblings make better people i think

and im not critisising only children, cos they arent bad people
i also belive that its up to the paretns
even if you have heqps of siblings, bad parenting will result in bad children
idk

just a slice of my brain...
Kaede
Bleeding on the Floor
Kaede
November 22nd, 2008 at 05:35am
Hmm Well all I know from experience is that kids that don't have siblings tend to be more spoilt by their parents then ones who do.

I grew up with my older brother, we're 3 years apart and he's my best friend. I couldn't imagine life without him.
Because we're siblings we learn to share and communicate whenever. I think that's the best thing about having a brother or sister.

In the end siblings have to get along because its family you know. I think there's good and bad points on both sides of whether you have a sibling or not.
playground eyes.
Awake and Unafraid
playground eyes.
November 27th, 2008 at 07:09am
Some people say that it's good to siblings so that the children can learn to share. but, i think it all depends. some people have great relationships, others don't. like kaede said, theres good and bad to both sides. i don't know what it's like to be an only child, be i think it would get a bit lonely. other people might prefer it that way. its different for everyone.