Don't have an account? Create one!

Siblings/Better With Or Without?

AuthorMessage
The?!Society
Fabulous Killjoy
The?!Society
May 13th, 2008 at 11:05am
I have one older sister and one younger brother. Me and my brother get along fairly well but me and my sister have problems. She is very popular and smart and my mother expects me to follow in her footsteps...it sounds very hollywood type senerio but it sucks.

It depends on what type of person you are and what type of person your sibling is. In my case, I think I'd do better without my older sister. She pretty much paved the way for me...but paved the wrong way. I think it's better for you to be the older sibling, you're not sheltered so you learn more.
Ghostgirl191
Jazz Hands
Ghostgirl191
May 13th, 2008 at 11:51am
The?!Society:
I have one older sister and one younger brother. Me and my brother get along fairly well but me and my sister have problems. She is very popular and smart and my mother expects me to follow in her footsteps...it sounds very hollywood type senerio but it sucks.

It depends on what type of person you are and what type of person your sibling is. In my case, I think I'd do better without my older sister. She pretty much paved the way for me...but paved the wrong way. I think it's better for you to be the older sibling, you're not sheltered so you learn more.

i see what you mean but usually sisters dont get along nearly as well as brother and sister. my mom and her sister hated each other when they were kids and now they're closer than ever.

but i have 2 older brothers, one 7 years older, and the other 2 years older. the oldest one i get along with, but i dont live with him anymore. the other brother and i fight constantly. he thinks he knows everything, and i always seem to prove him wrong. but i honestly think that its better with siblings, i've learned alot from them (fighting being one of them!) and if i was an only child, i think the loneliness would've killed me.
xxjaimiexx
Killjoy
xxjaimiexx
May 14th, 2008 at 11:59am
i have a younger sister, so i guess this makes me the oldest. i enjoy my sister sometimes but other times its like gett the hell out!! i like having a sister cuz it gives me somebody to joke with and share things with i dont really wanna talk to my parents about. i dont really like having a sister cuz we have to share everything, like a bathroom clothes parents friends , it bothers me to have a sister but i guess all in all im glada to have the pain in the ass.
Black Presicion
Killjoy
Black Presicion
May 14th, 2008 at 08:09pm
I am the oldest of two younger sisters...who are twins. Which only makes living with them more of a living hell. We all fight 24/7 (although I try so hard not to) but not as much any more. But still we fight a lot. The smaller one, who is actually the older twin, is the absolute evil one of the two. Most of the time she is the reason for the fights. She knows what annoys me and her twin and how to get us really mad and she uses that to her advantage. Well, she does that all the time. Well, now she's playing the innocent game all the time which I hate with a burning passion. Playing innocent is a bunch of shit that I don't ever fall for. My friend does that too... Rolling Eyes but anyway, she also always copies me. She likes My Chemical Romance and Paramore and stuff like that but she got that from me and she "loves" them in such a fake way. It highly annoys my best friend also. That's the biggest thing that gets to me - too hard to explain how she fakes liking them though. She doesn't even understand music or appreciates it as much as I do. She also copies my favorite color, what I do, what I like, etc. I could tell you many other things about this bitch.
The other one is taller but the younger twin (and youngest in my family). She used to be okay, I guess, but now she is highly annoying. So annoying. Every second she is annoying; making some weird noise, repitition, (which causes my mom to yell loudly), saying really random stuff, sing songs about anything anyone says, etc. My other sister does that too but not as often. "Stop," seems to be the most common word around my house, which my mom has threatened to make us pay a buck if we ever say it again. She can also be really mean but yeah their both bitches. The sad part of it all is that they are only 1 and about 1/2 years younger than me.
I hope you have a general idea of what my sisters are like.
brandleys;
Death Defying
brandleys;
May 17th, 2008 at 12:22pm
i have a sister.
she has tons of friends, she talks all the time, she makes huge deals about everything, she talks really loud, she makes fun of everything i do, everything i say, she acts like i'm stupid...

she says i'm asexual just because i don't talk about guys around her or my mom. around my family, i usually just keep things in my head because i know they don't respect me or take me seriously.

i don't want to be a single child, i would rather have a sibling, but not one that's so pushy. i would like to keep the same sibling, but i just wish she would stop doing that so much.
BrokenSnapShots2
Thinking Happy Thoughts
BrokenSnapShots2
June 2nd, 2008 at 10:31pm
I have two sisters.
Both of them are my best friends.
Ones 21 and the others 18.
I go over to my older sisters house all the time and hang out.
While me and my 18 year old sister talk about anything and everything.

I don't know where I'd be if I didn't have my sisters.
Xfamousxlastxwords
Killjoy
Xfamousxlastxwords
June 3rd, 2008 at 03:47pm
i have sibblings and it might just be me but they annoy the crap outta me! maybe its becuase im the oldest but i dont know they are just REALLY annoying
Heroes.
Fabulous Killjoy
Heroes.
June 6th, 2008 at 03:37pm
I have an older sister who is 23 (seven years older). It's probably because of this age gap, but she I and are practically best friends. I can't even remember the last time we fought. I definitely feel that I am at an advantage being younger than her. I can watch what she does and how she conducts her life and learn from it. She is a role model, of sorts. For example, five years ago, when she was choosing a college, she had it down between two in-state colleges; one about 100 miles away (U of A) and one in our hometown (ASU). If she went to U of A, she would have more freedom, but she also would have to pay for housing. If she went to ASU, she wouldn't have as much freedom, but would have certainly less bills to pay (she could live at home). Eventually, she chose U of A. She ended up with debt because she couldn't pay for some things (she lost some scholarships in her third year). From this, I have learned that what may seem like the most fun or cool path isn't always the most...prosperous, for lack of a better word. When it comes time for me to choose a college, I will be able to take my sister's experiences into consideration.

Similarly, because she's older, my sister can give me valuable advice. She was in high school only six years ago, so she knows what boys today are like. Also, she has experienced dealing with cliques, mean teachers, sports teams, etc. My sister has been my most prominent guides through high school because I know her advice is legit. I hate to say it, but Mom's advice just won't cut it anymore in most situations.

In short, I think siblings are great to have.

Sorry for the long post, but this is an issue I feel strongly about. :/
kim_mcrchiq
Killjoy
kim_mcrchiq
June 6th, 2008 at 04:10pm
i have siblings... I got an older brother and sister and oh, i also got a younger brother and sister. Very Happy I'm glad to have both an older brother and sister before me for My older sister and I were like the best of friends 'cause we're open to each other and we sure got lots of laugh when we're together. My older brother serves as my instant spiritual adviser whenever i got problems with my love life. I was like.. "Why are boys like that?". However, the younger ones were those who brings misery to the days I spend at home... kids can really be awful... sometimes. Having siblings was great. It's like you don't care if your friends left you hanging on a thread for you know that there's still somebody that'll catch you if you'll fall.. someone that'll surely stay. Having arguments with your siblings was normal of course. Sometimes, age gaps between you and your siblings got something to do with those arguments. Nyam
Heart Attack.
Salute You in Your Grave
Heart Attack.
June 8th, 2008 at 01:18pm
Unfortuneately, I would have to say that its better with siblings, even though if you leave me and my sister alone too long, we start killing each other. She is 13. I also have 2 older brothers. One is 26, the other is 25. (Yeah I know they're a lot older) They're like partners in crime.

But most of the time, I get along w/ my sibs. Even though their mean to me.

Hey, they make life entertaining, what can I say?
eeniemeeni
Killjoy
eeniemeeni
June 8th, 2008 at 01:54pm
i have a younger brother. he does EVERYTHING I do. Last year, I wore a lot of black (no other colours) so he did that too. )Sad
NJ Sucess Story
Jazz Hands
NJ Sucess Story
June 26th, 2008 at 01:18pm
I have an older brother, and I don't know what I'd do without him.
he's my best friend in the entire world and without him I wouldn't be here anymore.
I'm best friends with his girlfriend and we all do everything together.
My brother and I even work together, we're just totally tight.
It wasn't always that way, but now it is. :]
FrankiieIero
Jazz Hands
FrankiieIero
June 26th, 2008 at 05:44pm
I have a sibling and we're really cool. We fight sometimes, but most of the time we're really tight. I wouldn't want my sibling to be away from me because he really helps me out. I trust him, I tell him my problems, and he is always willing to help me out! =]=]
the.reaper.wore.pink
Motor Baby
the.reaper.wore.pink
June 28th, 2008 at 03:57am
The?!Society:
I think it's better for you to be the older sibling, you're not sheltered so you learn more.

I am an older sibling and i don't think it is easier to be the eldest or the older because parents are expecting you to do good always. I find it hard because everyone expects you to be the best in the family and stuff. I don't know. i believe there isn't any proper generalization about the eldest or the youngest because it varies with the type of person you are and the type of family you have.

BTW, in China, they are having "moral" problems regarding the behaviour of the youth, meaning they are very rebellious and the reason they point to is the one child policy. Since most families have only one child, the pressur is concentrated on that single child as opposed to a child with siblings, the pressure is diffused.
tattooed lovers.
Motor Baby
tattooed lovers.
June 28th, 2008 at 04:23am
Eh, I have to say it's better with a sibling. Even though my sister threw ice tea on me recently...
You have someone to look out for you, and you don't get that spoiled, I guess. Plus, they pass down things onto you (as in musicial tastes, clothing styles, etc) and they are always there to share their opinion-- good or bad.
They can be there for you when no one else is, and you can tell them stuff that you can't tell your mom or dad, I guess.
barcoded.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
barcoded.
July 1st, 2008 at 05:38am
i am the youngest of 5
i hate it

when i was younger my older brother, and sister always looked after me and we never really fought we always got on really well

but i am expected to do everything like them
anytime i do anything i am compared to one of them
and they never point out the bad points about the others
just the good ones to use against me
and suddenly after being asurrounded by so many people my olderr sisters are leaving in 3 days to go around europe and my brother lives 5 hours away with his partner
so ihave gone from having so many people to none

all right we had ghood times when we wee younger and i would have hated being an only child, but i think we had too manymy family has never had much money and so it was hard growing up trying to feed us all.
being the youngest i always got hand me downs and it was like i never got anything new just for me...it was always someones elses and it was like i didnt matter i could just have everyone elses cast off

i think that noone should be an only child becuase you need the social skills when you are older and its nice to have siblings
but not too many
and people always talk about how the youngest gets away with everything, or how th middle child is forgotten and the oldest has to do all this stuff

but siblings will always think the others have it better off
my brother always got away with everything cos he was the only boy (and good at lying and blaming other people)

i wouldnt be able to stand it if my brother and sisiters got taken away but i think it would have been nice to have had less children in the family

soo yes
siblings are better
just not too many
questionable content
Always Born a Crime
questionable content
July 1st, 2008 at 03:40pm
I have one younger sister, and she's 7. About 3/4 of the time, we ignore each other. Occasionally we get along very well, but it never lasts, and the rest of the time, I just hate her.

Now, part of it is the age difference. There isn't really any common ground, I think she can be really dumb, so I get annoyed, and can't stand her. I've always been the quiet one, I keep things to myself and I think a lot more. She's the "happy bubbly" one, drama queen, I guess, and she gets upset about the most trivial things. Part of the reason I don't like having a sibling, and especially being the oldest, is because of all the expectations my parents have for me because of it. They tell me to be a role model for her, and it's hard sometimes. I get punished for the smallest things, because of that, I have to do so many more things than her when I was that age. I always have to babysit, and I'm expected to be more responsible, and that's really strained things between me and my parents-I spend almost all of my time in my room now. There are also things that she does that I'd never be allowed to do. I was in between pissed and crying, so I shut the door (apparently a little too loudly) and locked it. I got grounded. Later, my sister slammed the door, hit my grandparents and me, and was bawling. My mom opens the door and hugs her. She can get away with those things, and it really bugs me, and I remember, vaguely, being an only child, and until she was born, I could do those things too. Most of the time, it feels like they don't care about me anymore, like they won't ever listen to me or believe me. Maybe things will change, like between my mom and her sister (they grew closer as they got older), and them and their parents, but until then, I'd much rather have a twin/older sibling/no siblings.
Malicia
Salute You in Your Grave
Malicia
July 1st, 2008 at 03:50pm
I think it's good for people to have siblings, that's how they learn to share and tolerate things. You know, 'cause siblings can be very annoying. I have 4 little brothers myself, and they're quite.. yeah. It's not that we don't get along, we do, but sometimes I feel like it's their only goal in life, to try and make me crazy. I sometimes like to tease them a bit too, but not as much as they tease me, honestly. Maybe it's because I'm the oldest. On the other hand, I maybe am treated a bit differently because I'm the only girl. I would have liked to have a sister, I was very disappointed when my youngest brother was a boy Laughing
Radio Saturday
Salute You in Your Grave
Radio Saturday
July 2nd, 2008 at 12:27pm
The?!Society:
I think it's better for you to be the older sibling, you're not sheltered so you learn more.

I'm the oldest kid in my family (two younger sisters). Actually, I'm much more sheltered than them in many ways -- they got to do a lot of things that I had to fight to do without even a comment from my parents, whereas everything I wanted to do (like, for example, watch R-rated movies) I had to fight tooth and nail to be allowed to do.

Basically, older kids, especially oldest kids, tend to get a lot of attention. This can be cool, like when your parents listen to you more on important family decisions, but it can also be a pain in the ass, like with the movie watching thing.

No matter where you are in the family, there's going to be compromises and annoyances. But there's also good stuff. And much as my younger sisters annoy me -- contrary to the stereotype, they dislike almost everything I love and rarely enjoy doing the things I find really fun -- I wouldn't trade them for anything.
tiny-t
Killjoy
tiny-t
July 22nd, 2008 at 07:02pm
sometimes i wish i never had an older sister, cause i think i would be more confident. but if i didn't have a sister i would have no one to bug lol. only joking!! Smile