Don't have an account? Create one!

Siblings/Better With Or Without?

AuthorMessage
eslizard
Salute You in Your Grave
eslizard
September 17th, 2007 at 08:13pm
I am the oldest child of 6 children.
There are times I wish i was an only child, just because I have to give up alot of things that are improtant to me because of them.
When my sister Sam (12) was born, i had to give up the place I lived because we needed a bigger place. In a sense, i also had to give up my parents being togeher because they divoced not long after she was born.
When my sister Vicky (9) was born, I gained a stepmom. But she wasnt my favorite person in the world. (theya re now divorced)
When my brother Kyle (5) was born, I had to give up piano, the apartment we had been living in, and my sister even had to switch schools.
When my brothers Jonathon and Nathan (2) were born, i had to move once again.

Now i spend my breaks from school babysitting. Ive spent my past 2 birthdays babysitting. Ive had to give up getting new clothes so my brothers can have some. Ive even lost (i feel) any recognition from my mom/stepdad. Everythign they do is because of/for my brothers.
There are many times i wish they wouldnt have been born. I would not be where i am now, and i might even have more of a social life.

But I also wouldnt want to get rid of them. My sisters and i never really talk (vicky doesnt live in the same state as me). and when we do, its not real conversation.
I love Kyle. Its nice to have a 5yr old in the house. He keeps everything interesting. We never get mad at each other because there isnt anything to get mad about. Its also nice to be able to watch movies that i like, and play the music that i want around him, and he doesnt care. Many times he sings along.

Jonathon and Nathan are handfuls. Having twin younger brothers isnt the easiest thing in the world. But with them being born when i was 12, instead of about 9, i have learned alot of responsibility from them. Now I have experience in taking care of really young children, and that skill is very important to me.

My one regret about havingyounger siblings is that I have to leave them in a few years and i wont really get to see them grow up. With the college(s) i want to go to being out of state, im not going to be around them as much as i would like. And im sure there are going to be many times I regret leaving.

I guess I am one of the luckier people because i have pretty good relationships with my siblings.

But i dont think i would ever want to be an only child. I dont feel that i would really learn any personal skills because i would always be by myself. It is always nice to have some alone time, but just the fact that i have someone there is nice.
genresR4losers
Motor Baby
genresR4losers
September 17th, 2007 at 11:16pm
i'm an only child...
i don't know what it's like to have siblings in the literal sense of the word, but i have friends that get offended if i don't consider them family... lol... as do i...
i know that i would jump in front of bullets for them... and they would me... so,i don't really know... i like my "siblings" it's definitely better now...
UndyingSoul.
Really Not Okay
UndyingSoul.
September 17th, 2007 at 11:32pm
genresR4losers:
i'm an only child...
i don't know what it's like to have siblings in the literal sense of the word, but i have friends that get offended if i don't consider them family... lol... as do i...
i know that i would jump in front of bullets for them... and they would me... so,i don't really know... i like my "siblings" it's definitely better now...

Friends are much better then siblings. Simple as that. Friends are people that you chose and who chose you because you like each other and have fun together. Siblings are human beings that are forced into your life whether you like it or not, they could be the most obnoxious, disgusting, revolting person on earth, but they are your sibling and you are related to them no matter what. They don't go away. If you don't get along with them then a lot of times you will wish death upon them. Some people get along with their siblings...and others...commit suicide.
genresR4losers
Motor Baby
genresR4losers
September 17th, 2007 at 11:38pm
^i don't have siblings, but i almost committed suicide due to lack of them... and anyone else who cares... so, i guess they would have had their uses...
UndyingSoul.
Really Not Okay
UndyingSoul.
September 17th, 2007 at 11:43pm
genresR4losers:
^i don't have siblings, but i almost committed suicide due to lack of them... and anyone else who cares... so, i guess they would have had their uses...

They do have uses, but they do more harm then good. Or at least thats how it is in my case. But hey, dont listen to me, im just a depressed little emo xD
genresR4losers
Motor Baby
genresR4losers
September 18th, 2007 at 04:02am
and i'm just a little depressed punk kid... who happens to enjoy self mutilation and thoughts of suicide... but i don't know what i'm talking about either...
UndyingSoul.
Really Not Okay
UndyingSoul.
September 19th, 2007 at 11:35pm
genresR4losers:
and i'm just a little depressed punk kid... who happens to enjoy self mutilation and thoughts of suicide... but i don't know what i'm talking about either...

hahaha! We all have our moments... xD
oceanic 815.
Full of Ephedrine
oceanic 815.
September 20th, 2007 at 11:52am
NotOkay22 and genresR4losers please try not to spam.
UndyingSoul.
Really Not Okay
UndyingSoul.
September 20th, 2007 at 04:54pm
hearts and minds.:
NotOkay22 and genresR4losers please try not to spam.

Sorry.

//end of spam//

Siblings are usually either really good or really bad. Unfortunately some people get the short end of the stick, like myself. Disgust
Cloud Strife.
Banned
Cloud Strife.
September 22nd, 2007 at 10:19am
Having siblings is way better than just friends. In the end, your siblings are the only ones you can stick with, when your mom and dad are gone.
the.reaper.wore.pink
Motor Baby
the.reaper.wore.pink
September 22nd, 2007 at 03:54pm
I am annoyed at the fact that i have a younger brother that disrespects me. He doesn't acknowledge the fact that i am older and have authority over him. But i like that he exists because without him, i wouldn't know how to deal with a-holes in the world. I guess i can say he prepared me for those kind of stuff. Because of him, i learned how to be tough and how to filter out negativity. I'm grateful that i have my brother but i still don't like him though
UndyingSoul.
Really Not Okay
UndyingSoul.
September 23rd, 2007 at 01:33am
Helena's Ghost:
Having siblings is way better than just friends. In the end, your siblings are the only ones you can stick with, when your mom and dad are gone.

Not if you hate your siblings and they hate you.
Mr.Armstrong
Awake and Unafraid
Mr.Armstrong
September 23rd, 2007 at 02:20am
^ hate or not. your sibling is your own blood. and no matter how much you hate one another your still no matter what going to be the same blood.
never coming home.
Bleeding on the Floor
never coming home.
September 23rd, 2007 at 02:37am
I have one older sister that is two years older than me and I love her sooo much. We have all the same interests and we hardly ever fight. I don't know what I would do without her.
Ghostgirl191
Jazz Hands
Ghostgirl191
September 23rd, 2007 at 02:57am
i have two brothers both older, one is 7 years older than me and the other is 2 years older than me, growing up we did fight, but who doesnt? but i have to say that after all the bs we tool from each other over all the years, i love my brothers and without them it would have been a lonely childhood, and i wouldnt have two guys to protect me! lol i just cant let my oldest brother meet any of my dates because he'll scare them away!!!

but anyways i would have to say better with sibblings
UndyingSoul.
Really Not Okay
UndyingSoul.
September 23rd, 2007 at 03:05am
xMyBlackDaliahx:
^ hate or not. your sibling is your own blood. and no matter how much you hate one another your still no matter what going to be the same blood.

But being the same blood doesnt change anything. Yes, they will always be your family, but if you never talk or anything then they arent a part of your life and they wont always be there for you.
Ghostgirl191
Jazz Hands
Ghostgirl191
September 23rd, 2007 at 03:17am
^ yeah thats true. blood runs deep, but its you and your family who say exactly how deep it will run
the.reaper.wore.pink
Motor Baby
the.reaper.wore.pink
September 23rd, 2007 at 09:48am
^ yeah, it isn't always the same. it all depends on the character of your family members. But there is always a question of they misunderstand you or if they hate you.
fallout vapor
Jazz Hands
fallout vapor
September 23rd, 2007 at 02:44pm
I'm third youngest out of nine. It was fun having older sisters who were nice to you and stuff, but my two older brothers pretty much gave me and my little brother hell from the time I was two till I was twelve or so and they both left home. I like them now though, they're all nice people. And although my little brothers are an entirely different story, they're still useful for a few things. Sometimes they bring me orange juice...I think it's better to have siblings, even though it means having to share the computer between three or more people who want to use it constantly, and not being able to watch movies that are too violent or scary or whatever for nine year olds, and not having much privacy... (until I was 12 I roomed with my brothers, even when I was 13 I slept in the attic, the stairs were in their room and there was no door) Younger siblings are very annoying but I know it'll get better once they get over their supremedork stage.
The Doctor
Salute You in Your Grave
The Doctor
September 23rd, 2007 at 03:01pm
I have two older brothers, and I hate them both.

The eldest in violent, rude, racist, sexist, obsessed with conspirisy theorys, and bloody hard to live with. He causes 98% of the tension in my house. He's constantly ranting about anything and everything. He's always telling us we're wrong, what we believe in is wrong and everything we like is wrong.
The other is violent, rude, lazy, childish, and a complete and utter w*****. I can't stand to be in the same room as him.

I honestly wish I was an only child. I know that without my brothers I'd be a completly different person, and my life would be completly different, but I know it'd be worth it. My oldest brother has nearly ripped my parents marriage apart. My Father hates him, and want's him out (As my other brother and I do), but my Mother loves him.
They've picked on me my whole life. It's not just sibling rivalry or whatever, it is pure hate. We've NEVER gotton on. My Aunts/Uncles/Teachers tells me that when they were my ages they fought with their siblings, and now they get on so it'll be the same with us. But they're wrong.They honestly don't know just how bad it is living with these people. My children will probably never know their Uncles, and they'll never even have cousins on my side.

I seriously just can't wait to move out. I'm saving already.