Don't have an account? Create one!

Siblings/Better With Or Without?

AuthorMessage
caveucallachest
Killjoy
caveucallachest
September 3rd, 2007 at 05:46am
I have a little sister, she's 12.
Sometimes she drives me completely insane, but I don't know what I'd do without her. I like being the oldest, even if I don't really have anyone to ask for advice, I'm glad I can be there for her.

But most importantly, I love her to death. I can't imagine life without having someone like that, someone to just love so much. Since its not the same as parents or friends.
Gerard for S.P.E.W.!
Jazz Hands
Gerard for S.P.E.W.!
September 3rd, 2007 at 11:54am
I get really pissed off at people who are all like, "I hate my sister/brother, they're so fucking annoying, blah blah, I wish they would just go away for alittle while, blah blah.."

You don't know how fortunate you are to have siblings so close to you. Both of my brothers are off doing their own thing. One's on the coast, one's in college. I haven't seen one of my sisters since I was two years old. She's married now, I don't even know her husband's name..
I haven't seen my other sister since the younger of my two brother's high school graduation when I was around.. six?
I know she has two kids, and I know their names.

Be thankful, guys.

I love my brothers to death. They've always been so protective of me. We've never fought or anything. I only wish I'd had a chance to bond better with my sisters, but I was fortunate enough to have the best brother's a girl like me could ever want.
xdemolition lover x
Joining The Black Parade
xdemolition lover x
September 3rd, 2007 at 04:26pm
^ I agree. I've heard people say that they wish that they're toher/sister would die. But what if they did? "You don't know what you have until it's gone" pretty much sums it all up.
Pilgrim.
Salute You in Your Grave
Pilgrim.
September 7th, 2007 at 07:29am
^Agreed. I have two younger brothers. Yes, they used to drive me insane when we were younger, but we're all grown up now and I'm close with both of them. I don't know what I'd do without them in my life, and I'm extremely thankful that I have them even though there were some rougher times in our teenage years.
Captain Jack Wonka.
Shotgun Sinner
Captain Jack Wonka.
September 14th, 2007 at 12:45pm
I can say I'm lucky that I have my older brother and two younger brothers, and yes, I'm the only girl Smile

My older brother has helped me a lot... emotionally, physically, socially... in short he has helped in all aspects. He has always been a good brother to me and I wish I have been a good sister too. I always feel so special around him, and I always feel safe when he's around.

Honestly speaking, I can't imagine my life without a sibling at home.
Lady Wicked
Killjoy
Lady Wicked
September 14th, 2007 at 04:56pm
I H8 MY BROTHER + SISTERS but i love them so much... they give me something to direct my anger with Very Happy no i love then to death but they drive me crazy
Beeblebrox
Really Not Okay
Beeblebrox
September 14th, 2007 at 06:58pm
When my brother and I were children we fought around the clock. I mean, seriously bashing, hating, crazy ass fights. Now that we're older we get along great. It's just growing pains. We're both adults now and looking back at all our fighting is pretty funny now.
XCyanideSuicideX
Fabulous Killjoy
XCyanideSuicideX
September 14th, 2007 at 10:02pm
if it wasnt for my older sister always looking out for me i dont think i would be able to survive she keeps me out of trouble
queenfreddiemercury
Bleeding on the Floor
queenfreddiemercury
September 15th, 2007 at 04:20am
I am the oldest I am 24, I have one sister, Charmon who is 21 who has a daughter, Eris and is married and they live with his parents because he dont wanna move out and I have one brother, Robertt who will be 20 in November, him and I have alot in common
Stripey-Stripes.
Motor Baby
Stripey-Stripes.
September 15th, 2007 at 05:34am
xdemolition lover x:
^ I agree. I've heard people say that they wish that they're toher/sister would die. But what if they did? "You don't know what you have until it's gone" pretty much sums it all up.

I hear it, and it makes me so angry.Yea, they can be annoying little toe-rags, but God, they're family. Alot of people will never know they joys of having a brother and sister. There is nothing like it, it's like a ready-made friend. You fight, sure, but at the end of it all, they'd give it all up for you. And you for them.
VampiraNights
Killjoy
VampiraNights
September 15th, 2007 at 07:26am
Having siblings has its advantage and disadvantage.
As for me, i hate it when i quarrel with my younger siblings. They can be super nasty at one point of time but super adorable at other cases.

So it all depends. =]
wasted youth.
Demolition Lover
wasted youth.
September 15th, 2007 at 12:35pm
I have two siblings.

First my older sister Ashley, she's 21 and pretty cool. We get along well for the most part, but we do fight sometimes. A lot of the time we just sit around with my mum talking about all sorts of stuff. She's a little out there though and really open which I am not at all.

Then my little brother Locky. He's 12 and can be the biggest shit to walk the planet. We're either best friends or worst enimies, there is no inbetween with us.

But with all three of us, we're complete opposites of each other.
James Euringer
Bleeding on the Floor
James Euringer
September 15th, 2007 at 04:39pm
I have 5 siblings......
My brother Lacy...I don't get along with, he's married to a bitch.

My sister Glenda...She's alright, she gave birth to my awesome niece that's 21 and I hang out with all the time.

My sister Mattie ....Black sheep of the family... we don't talk.

My sister Beth...Awesome I talk to her all the time on myspace...

My sister Andrea...still lives at home...I like her I guess, Buys me stuff, she did buy me LOTMS...so I have to like her lol....

.....my sibs... yuck!

EDIT: all my sibs all older then me... Shocked
The Joker
Salute You in Your Grave
The Joker
September 15th, 2007 at 04:44pm
i don't want to sound mean to all the only childs out there but I think it's so much better to have siblings. Heres my reasons:
1) You learn to appreciate stuff more (most only children get spoiled by their parents and get what they want, when they want)
2) I think you learn a lot from your siblings
3) I think it's easier to make friends and keep them. Kids with siblings know how to hang out with friends and don't tend to boast about things they've got and make people jealous.
4) Only kids don't know how to share very well

These reasons are all from my experiance of knowing kids with no siblings, I'm not saying all only children are like this, just the ones I have known..
Rhys Webb
Awake and Unafraid
Rhys Webb
September 15th, 2007 at 05:10pm
i have a younger sister, she's four years younger then me so she's 12.
i will be honest, she does piss me off sometimes but that is the luxury you get when you have one. and yes, you have to compromise stuff especially if you are the older one. but in the end, i don't know where i would be without my sister.
i do wonder what it would be like to live without a ittle sister... and sometimes it is hard to imagine that.
tabitha
Bleeding on the Floor
tabitha
September 15th, 2007 at 05:18pm
I was an only child, and I was adopted by my grandmother when I was 9, and so I was very close to my cousins, I was kinda like an older sister to the three of them, and while I didn't have to share anything or deal with sibling rivarly, I also never had to live with them day in and day out like true sibs....

Now that we're all older, they all have kids (my hubby and I are happy DINKs) and we are still pretty close. I am godmother to one cousin's children and took out seperate insurance polices for each of my nieces/nephews so I can give them each a little something someday. (Even though they're all really second cousins, I consider them nieces/nephews)

I don't know if I would have wanted brothers and sisters. My parents didn't even take care of me so in a way I'm glad they only screwed up one person instead of several.
Lovesick Melody.
Bulletproof Heart
Lovesick Melody.
September 16th, 2007 at 12:35am

Im the youngest in the family, both my brother and my sister are older then me.
My relationship with my sister is very good, she tells me most of whats going on with her and I do the same.

But my relationship with my brother is quite rocky. He tells me nothing about himself, I learnt more about him on Bebo then I ever did talking to him. He didnt even tell me that he had a gig with his band!!

It depends how your relationship with the sibling is. If its quite rocky then it could be a problem and you may feel discluded. If you have a strong one then I think its really positive that you can go to someone when you need someone quick!
David Vengeance
Motor Baby
David Vengeance
September 16th, 2007 at 08:14pm
i have a younger sister and like all siblings she gets my nerves but i am still thankful to have her... she always keeps things intresting and i know that i will always have somebody to be around even if we dont always get along
Rhys Webb
Awake and Unafraid
Rhys Webb
September 16th, 2007 at 09:07pm
basspunk:
i have a younger sister and like all siblings she gets my nerves but i am still thankful to have her... she always keeps things intresting and i know that i will always have somebody to be around even if we dont always get along

i think that is why i love mine so much too. there is never a dull moment with her.
oceanic 815.
Full of Ephedrine
oceanic 815.
September 17th, 2007 at 10:35am
Please, guys don't just say what it's like in your family
and whether you like it or not.
Explain why, or this will get locked because of spam.
& if you have problems with your siblings or whatever,
we have a subforum for that. ;]

The Rules:
2. Spam is ABSOLUTELY forbidden. Stick to the topic at all times.

3. Keep it as calm and civilized as possible please. Let people have their own opinions, don't force yours on anyone.

4. No pyramid quoting.

8. If you agree with someone's post, and you quote it, ALWAYS add your own opinion to it

9. Profanity is not allowed here.

11. "I agree" or "I like <insert topic here>" isn't enough. Elaborate your opinion please.

12. No Chat Speak! Use proper grammar please!

15. Similar to the above, if someone posts an off-topic post, something offensive etc. direct them to the rules, but then leave it. Report the post, but do not spend half a page telling the person off.