Don't have an account? Create one!

Siblings/Better With Or Without?

AuthorMessage
fallout vapor
Jazz Hands
fallout vapor
September 23rd, 2007 at 03:19pm
The eldest in violent, rude, racist, sexist, obsessed with conspirisy theorys, and bloody hard to live with. He causes 98% of the tension in my house. He's constantly ranting about anything and everything. He's always telling us we're wrong, what we believe in is wrong and everything we like is wrong.

My oldest brother was like that. Well, not about the racism and sexism part, but he did cause alot of problems. I, personally, blame my parents for being nasty retards. But when he left home, got himself social help and a job, made a few friends and (unfortunately) started doing drugs more regularly and basically doing all the stuff he wanted to do, everything got better. He's really sweet and nice now and he wants to visit us often, he's totally different. I still don't know why, but it's obvious it was my parents fault that he was so angry.
UndyingSoul.
Really Not Okay
UndyingSoul.
September 23rd, 2007 at 07:13pm
The Doctor:
I have two older brothers, and I hate them both.

The eldest in violent, rude, racist, sexist, obsessed with conspirisy theorys, and bloody hard to live with. He causes 98% of the tension in my house. He's constantly ranting about anything and everything. He's always telling us we're wrong, what we believe in is wrong and everything we like is wrong.
The other is violent, rude, lazy, childish, and a complete and utter w*****. I can't stand to be in the same room as him.

I honestly wish I was an only child. I know that without my brothers I'd be a completly different person, and my life would be completly different, but I know it'd be worth it. My oldest brother has nearly ripped my parents marriage apart. My Father hates him, and want's him out (As my other brother and I do), but my Mother loves him.
They've picked on me my whole life. It's not just sibling rivalry or whatever, it is pure hate. We've NEVER gotton on. My Aunts/Uncles/Teachers tells me that when they were my ages they fought with their siblings, and now they get on so it'll be the same with us. But they're wrong.They honestly don't know just how bad it is living with these people. My children will probably never know their Uncles, and they'll never even have cousins on my side.

I seriously just can't wait to move out. I'm saving already.

Gotta agree with you there. I actually got to the point where I actually fantasized about strangling my sister. My older brother is ok, but my sister is Devil!
idk. my bff jill?
Demolition Lover
idk. my bff jill?
September 24th, 2007 at 01:13am
I'm an only child.
Sometimes I wish I had siblings and sometimes I'm happy with being the only one.

My mom said I might have had a twin but if I did it died in the womb.
So it makes me wonder what it would be like to have a brother or sister.
TaraIsBack!
Bleeding on the Floor
TaraIsBack!
September 24th, 2007 at 07:53pm
I only know one person who is an only child. While she didn't have any siblings, she has a lot of friends, she is smart, she is responsible and a well rounded individual.

I am the oldest of 3 girls... I have 3 kids and my husband is the oldest of 2 boys. I don't really know what it's like to be an only child. I can imagine that only children and those with siblings will tell you pro's and con's of each.
Jesserz
Salute You in Your Grave
Jesserz
September 28th, 2007 at 07:27am
I'm an only child & I think being an only child is great when you're a teenager/getting older.

But I think it's horrible when you're very young. like under 12. You have NO one to play with. Especially if you have a single parent who works. Mum wasn't working full time but working part time is stil tough. Having a sibling for emotional support would've been good. But I turned out ok Very Happy

It just depends. I think either way you'll be alright.
genresR4losers
Motor Baby
genresR4losers
September 28th, 2007 at 07:34am
^definately with you on that one... i'm an only child and i'm 18... so not much difference in age...

sometimes it really sucks... like knowing that i'm never going to have nieces and nephews of my own... yeah... bit hard to deal with.... other than that... i've lucked out... i have people that get offended if i call them friend... stating that that's just too much of an understatement to deal with... at last count... i'm up to 10 people that claim me as a sibling... so... i guess i overcompensated...
mercy in the sky.
Shotgun Sinner
mercy in the sky.
September 28th, 2007 at 07:37am
I think it completely depends on the family and their lifestyle.
o0virusoflife0o
Killjoy
o0virusoflife0o
September 30th, 2007 at 01:06am
ive got 3 brothers and a sister. im 15 and am the oldest. next to me is thomas. hes 6 and is the biggest crybaby that ever did live. i made him cry today cause i refused to make him funnel cake. im a bitch [PMS] lol. then theres sage. shes 5. and i can tell already that she's ganna be living in detention like me. EVERYTHING pisses her off. and her and thomas constantly fight. then finnaly we have kain. hes almost 2. this kid is my little blessing. he likes star wars, and heavy music! XD how fucking awsome is that?!!? id say its better with these guys living with me. they annoy the piss out of me alot, and constantly bother me when i have my boyfriend over. but i cant imagine what would happen if i lost another sibling. my brother Ryan would be 11 this january. i miss him terribly...its hard for my mother, so i understand where shes coming from when she yells at me. to get rid of stress. lol

so siblings... keep u happy and out of bordom. theres always noise and never any scilence in this house. and someone could use your help or advice. i love being a sister.
Mandi4MCR
Killjoy
Mandi4MCR
October 18th, 2007 at 07:41pm
i think that its great to have siblings! i have three and they are all like my best friends! so i think that everyone should have them!!!!
sweet disposition.
Banned
sweet disposition.
October 18th, 2007 at 07:48pm
I can't imagine lift without my younger brother now.
But if he'd never been born, I'm sure I'd have been fine.
CyanideRomantic
Killjoy
CyanideRomantic
October 18th, 2007 at 08:00pm
I have 15 brothers and sisters!!!
11 brothers 4 sisters
2 sets of triplets
2 sets of twins (including me)
Then not to mention the brothers/sisters -in-laws
And I can be the first one to say.......................................................................I LOVE EVERY FUCKING MINUTE WITH THEM.............I just wish everyone had the advantage of a large family like I did.
sweet disposition.
Banned
sweet disposition.
October 19th, 2007 at 06:03pm
Woah, 15.
That's big.

You can only end up loving or hating your situation.
xX_MCRroxmysox_Xx
Killjoy
xX_MCRroxmysox_Xx
October 19th, 2007 at 07:12pm
I have a brother and a sister ,and i'm the oldest. Sometimes well most of the time i wish i was the only child but being the oldest does have its advantages.
xX_MCRroxmysox_Xx
Killjoy
xX_MCRroxmysox_Xx
October 19th, 2007 at 07:15pm
I feel bad for you Fia
xX_MCRroxmysox_Xx
Killjoy
xX_MCRroxmysox_Xx
October 19th, 2007 at 07:16pm
but its kinda cool having a little sister because she looks up to me and i think its sweet.
sweet disposition.
Banned
sweet disposition.
October 19th, 2007 at 07:52pm
xX_MCRroxmysox_Xx:
I feel bad for you Fia

You do?!
Why?!
sweet disposition.
Banned
sweet disposition.
October 19th, 2007 at 07:53pm
xX_MCRroxmysox_Xx:
but its kinda cool having a little sister because she looks up to me and i think its sweet.

I get that with my brother.
It's cool when he likes the same music as me and stuff.

But sometimes I find it highly irritating.

The thing I hate with having younger siblings is that my parents are always like 'be his role model'.
If my brother ever does anything wrong, they presume it's because he's seen me do it.

Grr.
Candle lit killer
Killjoy
Candle lit killer
January 16th, 2008 at 10:05am
i have a twin brother and he can be really annoying sometimes. he is into totally different stuff to me but we are quite close.
we have huge arguments that sometime involve fighting some days and other days its like we never fought.
he looks out for me if i am in any trouble and i help him with his college work.
it is fun having a sibling thats the same age as you and we get treated the same. but sometimes i wonder what its like being an only child....
doctor.
In The Murder Scene
doctor.
January 16th, 2008 at 02:56pm

Being honest, I don't mind having a younger sister. I don't love nor hate it, I feel indifferent. Of course, I love her being around a lot of the time and I would really miss her if she left but if she had never been born to begin with, I don't think my life would have completely changed.

I share a room but I find it the reverse to how most people do. A lot of people see sharing a room as a great thing when you're young since you always can play, but a bad thing when you are older and want your own space. However, I am on the contary to this. I hated sharing a room as a child, especially when I walked into my friend's rooms where they slept on their own with no sibling there. But, now I'm older, I don't see it as an issue. Both my sibling and I are out a lot of the time so I really don't feel a struggle. When I do see her, it's nice since she is not there all the time.
sir_pleb
Jazz Hands
sir_pleb
January 16th, 2008 at 05:55pm
There's certainly benefits to having an older brother who is a bit of a sadist in your first year of secondary school.

I'm probably the only person here to say this, but I'm not so sure I love my siblings, as people are supposed to, particularly the elder ones. I don't remember any real interaction with my elder sister as a child. The only thing that I really know about my eldest brother is that he wears the same size shoes as me, and the other elder brother has an xbox.

I think that ten years into the future, the only reason I'd see my siblings is that I'd feel obliged to. Family values are always shoved in my face, but all I get from them is grief.