Don't have an account? Create one!

What are you thinking?

AuthorMessage
sez
Bleeding on the Floor
sez
December 1st, 2008 at 06:48am
That is quite ridiculous Neutral The whole thing. Sigh. Though I can understand banning shots...
asha shake.
Devil's Got Your Number
asha shake.
December 1st, 2008 at 05:49pm

I'm just cut because Hot Damn + Spectrum are both part of Exchange, which means these stupid laws apply there D:
It's so stupid

You've got to wonder though, do the people coming up with these laws actually go out?
If they did, they might realise that it won't work. At all.
Rh!annon
Salute You in Your Grave
Rh!annon
December 1st, 2008 at 06:33pm
I wish more pubs would ban glass.

Much to many cases of people being glasses. And at gigs it can be so dangerous. After seeing Helmet at HiFi we had to wade through a virtual sea of glass bottles. How easy would it be for one of them to be broken and go through someones foot?
kayles
Bleeding on the Floor
kayles
December 1st, 2008 at 08:51pm
the laws wont work and after prob 5 months the govt will scrap them in place of something else

rhiannon, i agree with the glass, its too dangerous but banning plastic is a little too far what are they going to serve things in? pubs and club owners will end up loosing money from these laws and then they'll get the shits and try and do something about it
Rh!annon
Salute You in Your Grave
Rh!annon
December 2nd, 2008 at 12:40am
There's plenty of pubs that do quite well serving drinks in plastic.

It's much harder to smash something plastic enough to use it as a weapon than a glass.
asha shake.
Devil's Got Your Number
asha shake.
December 2nd, 2008 at 12:50am

I agree with the whole banning glass thing, but for that to work it has to be all the time, not just after midnight, because let's face it, that wouldn't do much at all, especially in the case of gigs.
I don't see how they can ban plastic though "/
And I also don't understand why they're banning shots...?

But like, the 10 minute time out?
That's going to cause so many problems and just generally piss people off.
sez
Bleeding on the Floor
sez
December 2nd, 2008 at 01:33am
And it'll cause such a rush after the 10 mins is up, they'll just start serving people in the 10 mins, it's silly. I dunno about the shots, isn't the point of shots to sort of get drunk?

But yes, I think banning glass is a good idea... not so much plastic, what the hell.
kayles
Bleeding on the Floor
kayles
December 2nd, 2008 at 02:45am
rhiannon, im not putting the banning of glass and plastic in the same boat i was just saying that its kinda stupid for them to have banned plastic since like you said its harder to smash and hurt people with. not only that but what about things like water, what will that be served in now if not their plastic bottles? and what asha said is right, for glassing attacks to not occur then glass has to be banned full stop not just after midnight because people still get outrageously drunk before midnight.

not that i can talk im not even 18 yet
Rh!annon
Salute You in Your Grave
Rh!annon
December 2nd, 2008 at 03:40am
That's all well and good, but I didn't actually say banning plastic was a good idea? I simply said I wish more pubs would ban glass. Not just after midnight. Period. No glass whatsoever in bars and pubs, not even a glass ashtray.

I don't think, and never said, that the NSW government ban as it stands is a good idea.

Unfortunately, you can't stop people from getting wasted. I can see the logic behind banning shots as they are one thing which gets people drunk quicker. But people will always find other means.

Personally, the ban doesn't bother me in the slightest. It's probably going to be ineffective, but if it makes it harder for people to get drunk, or causes an inconvenience to people trying to get drunk, then booyah. I hate drinking and I hate drunk people. It is an abhorrent activity and quite plainly I find it pathetic that people can't have fun without getting drunk. I do not see the point in it and view it as a total waste of money. And I can talk because I have been drunk once. I always saw it as pointless, but one time a friend convinced me that I couldn't be sure of something unless I've tried it. That night confirmed for me that it is utterly pointless. I can't believe so many people regularly do it. At parties, such as the 21st I was at on Friday, I look at the state that people are in by the end of the night and don't know whether to laugh or cry at the ridiculous state our society is in. At the end of the night, they haven't had any more fun than I. They've just wasted a lot of money, probably made a total dick of themselves and will have one massive hangover the next day. And to top that all off, by tomorrow they probably won't even remember the fun that they had to drink themselves into oblivion to achieve.

I'd be quite happy if alcohol were abolished altogether. But hey, that's just a vague fantasy of mine.
sez
Bleeding on the Floor
sez
December 5th, 2008 at 10:36pm
Just found out my aunt was killed in a car crash. We think sometime last night. The news is slowly filtering through all the siblings here (she lived in Perth, never saw her, so I'm okay, but she was still family..) but just wow.
omg stfu
Demolition Lover
omg stfu
December 5th, 2008 at 11:10pm
I'm sorry about that Sez. It doesn't compare to dying in a car crash, but my great-grandmother passed away 2 days ago so I know how you feel.
sez
Bleeding on the Floor
sez
December 5th, 2008 at 11:59pm
Thanks... and I'm sorry to hear about your great-grandmother..
asha shake.
Devil's Got Your Number
asha shake.
December 6th, 2008 at 12:14am

Oh gosh, I'm so sorry to hear about both D:
I don't really know what to say, I suck with this type of thing "/
So e-hugs all round.
omg stfu
Demolition Lover
omg stfu
December 6th, 2008 at 12:41am
Thanks Sez and Asha. (:<3
sez
Bleeding on the Floor
sez
December 6th, 2008 at 12:53am
Thanks Asha =)
kayles
Bleeding on the Floor
kayles
December 7th, 2008 at 02:15am
im sorry to hear that for both of you
my condolences to your families and everyone affected by this Sad
Rh!annon
Salute You in Your Grave
Rh!annon
December 7th, 2008 at 05:28am
Group e-hugs! *hugggg*
kayles
Bleeding on the Floor
kayles
December 8th, 2008 at 03:55pm
i know i said id never read the book cuz the movie is coming out, but i read twilight last night, start to finish, it took me 12 hours and im waiting to get the 2nd book today from mums work so i can start on that. seriously i love edward. lol
Meagan.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Meagan.
December 8th, 2008 at 05:58pm
I know i started reading it yesterday evening and im three quarters through it seriously is awesome..

P.S Happy Birthday.
asha shake.
Devil's Got Your Number
asha shake.
December 8th, 2008 at 06:17pm

Happy birthday Kayles!
Hope you have a great day (:

I was considering re-reading Twilight before the movie comes out, but I can't be bothered lol.
I started it again a while ago, and the writing was worse than I remember it being.