Don't have an account? Create one!

Teenagers

AuthorMessage
Sweet Iced Tea
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Sweet Iced Tea
March 22nd, 2009 at 05:28pm
I can't stand the teenagers that dress like a sterotypical "emo",goth or punk then go on and on about how everyone thinks they're a freak "rolls eyes".
John St. John
Shotgun Sinner
John St. John
March 22nd, 2009 at 06:15pm
^^ Still, it's there choice.

They can dress how they like, stereotype or no stereotype
make some noise;
Jazz Hands
make some noise;
March 23rd, 2009 at 05:20pm
I think what SweetTea was saying was that she doesn't like when people decide to dress "emo", "goth," "punk" etc. and then COMPLAIN about people thinking they're "freaks" or call them emo/goth/punk. I think she was just saying that if you're going to dress a certain way, you should be prepared for the labels that are going to be given to you and not complain about those labels. [/fail at typing something comprehendable.]
no face.
Awake and Unafraid
no face.
March 24th, 2009 at 02:43am
I agree, you choose to look a certain way, you therefore accept the ramifications that come with that 'look'. I have facial piercings and dress how I want, sure I get called name and stuff but hey its my own choice and I'm not complaining. Its out of the norm so you just gotta go with the flow.

I think its just ridiculous the amount of whining over it.
billy gaga.
Salute You in Your Grave
billy gaga.
March 24th, 2009 at 01:30pm
Personally I find it all a bit irritating. I think the one thing that I do find really annoying - the worst of the lot, is when people mention my glasses. I can hack and understand anything that anyone throws at me, because I choose to be the way I am, but I need my glasses. I need them to see. But people, because of the trend of wearing glasses at the moment has some.. thing about me wearing them to make a point or for a fashion? I think thats when its taken too far. When something thats necessary suddenly becomes a "fad" to extent that people are ridiculed for it.

..Im not sure my last sentence makes sense. I mean if you want to wear glasses for fashion, by all means go ahead, I have no problem about it at all, but I mean when so many people now do have glasses, even though I need them, people are lumping me into that "catagory" of person. Of "fashion wannabe". or whatever it really is. sorry this is more of a ramble.

I think thats when the fashion thing is taken to far. Its really the only thing I stand for strongly when it comes to stereotyping people through there fashion - if they need to wear it, say nothing.
Frank Fuckin Iero
Killjoy
Frank Fuckin Iero
March 24th, 2009 at 03:39pm
John St. John:
^^ Do you not think many adults are like this?

Maybe? but I don't think it makes any different.
ClaireBear016
Killjoy
ClaireBear016
April 1st, 2009 at 01:49am
Yes definitely... i live in the UK, and we do have the cliques... but we dont always keep to the same cliques - i used to be one of the popular ones, but to be honest i hated it! it wasn't me, and either though your popular and seem to have all these friends, they aren't true friends... so i found my own group, you could say we were the weirdos lol (by the way, when i say were, im 16 but when i was 15 i left school and got homeschooled - long and horrible story why) My group of friends just really hung out with who we wanted, but we always knew we were real friends... if that makes sense lol

But anywayz back to my point, yes its hard to be a teenager, and adults think we have the easy life! but to me its the other way round... when your a adult, you no what u want to do in life, u have goals... when your a teen u probs dont have that... I for sure dont! which just sucks!

Being a teenager has to be the most confusing, upsetting time and makes who your gunna be later in life.... and most teens feel like they dont want to grow up, miss the time of when was little and didnt have a care in the world! i do lol

But i guess you just have to accept and well it cant be bad for ever can it? or i hope not...

And theres always gunna be people thats gunna hurt u, want to hurt you...so u just have to again accept it, and deal with it... be strong, your not always gunna be in highschool, by then everything like the cliques wont matter...

But yeah its nice to know that its not just me that feels crap about bein a teen Smile

Hope this helps
Kaede
Bleeding on the Floor
Kaede
April 2nd, 2009 at 12:18am
Geez everyone all around experience pain no matter what age group. Every age group has their downsides, not just teens.
mcrallie
Killjoy
mcrallie
April 2nd, 2009 at 07:24pm
Being a teenager IS hard, mostly because our emotions and hormones are in overdrive. But everything does become harder once you become a teenager. It's all part of growing up.
Being good looking isn't really anything. You shouldn't care what other people think about how you look, but I know it's not that easy. Nothing is. It's hard not to care, but everyone should try not to.
Personally, I am starting to feel the pressure of being a teenager, and it's killing me.
ilovekevinjonas
Banned
ilovekevinjonas
April 8th, 2009 at 11:37am
i love emo teenagers
im a emo
i like jonas brothers
ClaireBear016
Killjoy
ClaireBear016
April 8th, 2009 at 07:10pm
Okay what i think you should look at is why each genaration has it bad, not which genaration has it worse.

I think that yes all genarations have it bad, but i think adults now think more that they have it worse off than teens, when really its the same, but teens are younger and less wise, so its harder for them to deal with it...

Also teens are looked more as useless... and then we all just wanna kill people, hang out at parks and get drunk!! when really that isnt true at all, but thats all the media shows... which is so unfair! It just makes teens feel more like outsides and not wanted.

I guess having to go through the tough times as a teenager on your own, is all you can do... cause adults dont seem to have a clue how to help teens... why do you think teens are so angry now?? and want to do things like get drunk - (which is probably gunna make them alcoholics when their older!) and then theres more serious things like suicide and self harm... you dont see adults doing that!! i think the pressure is getting to much for teens and that adults need to help... they (as they say) have gone through the same after all...
Just Steph...
Motor Baby
Just Steph...
April 9th, 2009 at 07:17am
^^ Adults do do that stuff aswell. Turning to drink is more common than people think. Adult suicide just doesn't get reported as much as teen suicide. And as for self-harm, they do, just not necessarily cutting.
tabitha
Bleeding on the Floor
tabitha
April 9th, 2009 at 07:41am
ClaireBear016:
and want to do things like get drunk - (which is probably gunna make them alcoholics when their older!) and then theres more serious things like suicide and self harm... you dont see adults doing that!! i think the pressure is getting to much for teens and that adults need to help... they (as they say) have gone through the same after all...

Adults *do* look for escapes from the pressures of their lives. Adults *do* self-harm and commit suicide. Have you read the news lately? As the economy gets worse more and more adults are not only killing themselves but taking their children with them. Where I live there was a tragedy a few days ago, an adult woman, in her 40s, on a gun range, shot her 20 year old son in the back of the head and then put the gun in her own mouth. And that's just this week. Around Christmas a child in my program lost her father because he felt he was a failure and decided to hang himself rather than get help. Adults many of the same problems teens do, but they also have to contend with jobs, social pressure, and raising children. Part of what defines an adult, other than age, is the ability to handle stress, problems, and outside pressures; but some adults can't which is why they turn to drugs, alcohol, and other harmful activities.
girl interrupted.
Salute You in Your Grave
girl interrupted.
April 10th, 2009 at 07:02pm

Teenagers have got it okay, I think. The whole, 'teenage years are crap' thing must be about hormones being out of control,
because we haven't really got any new problems (except maybe cyberbullying ahah) than any other generation had when
they were teenagers. Every new lot of teens is doing something that the older generations never could have gotten away
with in their day
. That's why the media usually portrays teens as useless, evil beings from the pits of hell.
Most of the time (but by no means all of the time), teenagers don't have to slave away for the food on the table and the clothes on
their backs. Adults do.

Adults have it hard. The economic crisis is driving people to extremes, and some teenagers will be difficult about not getting the
latest fashions and whatever. The elderly have it hard too. In general the elderly don't work and heating bills are only going up.
Nursing care homes are expensive and a lot of the time can't be paid for without wrecking any inheritance. Even in nursing homes
the care is sometimes substandard (and a lot of the elderly won't speak up because they don't want to be a burden.
And I think that's one of the real problems of society - that the elderly - who should be treated with respect and dignity
are left with substandard care and what is sometimes tantamount to abuse rather than cause another burden,
rather than if teens who come from loving homes that provide everything they can have it tough.

I think a lot of people should just learn to be a little more grateful.
And some teenagers should realise that everyone has had hormones and knows what they're going through.
MiDesfileNegro
Thinking Happy Thoughts
MiDesfileNegro
April 16th, 2009 at 05:32am
I think people view things from a 'grass is greener on the other side' perspective (not deliberately, it's just something people tend to do) - adults think teenagers have it easy and teenagers think adults have it easy, when in reality each generation has their own problems and worries.
Dear Tokyo...
Salute You in Your Grave
Dear Tokyo...
April 17th, 2009 at 06:44pm
I think teenagers are caught in that area where they are just being introduced to the complexities of the adult world, while still being attached the the simplicity of childhood. The worlds are opposites and clash immediately.
That's why I think, through all that chaos, teenagers begin to feel a need to organize something. As everything changes, I think teenagers attempt to straighten out all the confusion. That's why they label people, lump them into cliques, give social status. It's their rudimentary, to say the least, attempt at organizing their world, which is ever-growing with new and equally daunting complexities.
But that's just my opinion.
make some noise;
Jazz Hands
make some noise;
April 17th, 2009 at 11:03pm
I agree with what MiDesfileNegro said, about the 'grass is greener on the other side' idea. Personally, I've met a lot of people my age that are very ignorant, and that think that it's the end of the world if they don't get a new CD or they have a zit, etc. Some [not all, not most, SOME ] adults have that sterotype of teenagers burned into their brain, I've had some older friends and parents of friends admit that that is how they see our generation. Teenagers get a whole bundle of new emotions, hormones, etc., and have trouble dealing with them. But I personally know that I am also worried about things such as the economy, and know many less-ingorant teens that are as well. We look at it and say 'wow, if that's what it is now, whati is it going to be like in the next 2-7 years when I'm an adult?" And we're frusterated at how little we can do to change it.
On the other hand, issues like suicide, cutting, anorexia, problems that are very much looked at as problems that today's teens have, not only exsisted when the previous generations were growing up, but exsist for the previous generation NOW, as adults! Self-harm and suicide have been going on since midevial times, and probably before that, as well. It's publizied more, espescially since Princess Di admitted her struggles with self-injury, but it's nothing new.
I think that both 'sides', adults and teenagers, need to stop and look at where the other side is coming from. Teenagers need to try to understand that the adults in their lives are only trying to help and that they also have a lot of problems to worry about, like keeping a roof over our heads, food on our tables, etc. Adults need to remember back to when they were teenagers and whether or not the football quarterback liked them or not was the first thing on their mind at times, as well. We ALL have it hard. From the teenager years onward, life doesn't get any easier. We all need to appriciate the other generations a little more than we do now.
But that's just what I think, personally.
K.K.
Bleeding on the Floor
K.K.
April 18th, 2009 at 09:53am
frank iero!:

Teenagers have got it okay, I think. The whole, 'teenage years are crap' thing must be about hormones being out of control,
because we haven't really got any new problems (except maybe cyberbullying ahah) than any other generation had when
they were teenagers. Every new lot of teens is doing something that the older generations never could have gotten away
with in their day
. That's why the media usually portrays teens as useless, evil beings from the pits of hell.
Most of the time (but by no means all of the time), teenagers don't have to slave away for the food on the table and the clothes on
their backs. Adults do.

Adults have it hard. The economic crisis is driving people to extremes, and some teenagers will be difficult about not getting the
latest fashions and whatever. The elderly have it hard too. In general the elderly don't work and heating bills are only going up.
Nursing care homes are expensive and a lot of the time can't be paid for without wrecking any inheritance. Even in nursing homes
the care is sometimes substandard (and a lot of the elderly won't speak up because they don't want to be a burden.
And I think that's one of the real problems of society - that the elderly - who should be treated with respect and dignity
are left with substandard care and what is sometimes tantamount to abuse rather than cause another burden,
rather than if teens who come from loving homes that provide everything they can have it tough.

I think a lot of people should just learn to be a little more grateful.
And some teenagers should realise that everyone has had hormones and knows what they're going through.

Yeah I totally agree. I don't get what the whole fuss is about.
I think its good that the teenage years are hard.
Daft
Fabulous Killjoy
Daft
April 18th, 2009 at 04:53pm
I think the problem quite a few of us teenagers have is that we grow up too fast.. Shit if i look back at my early childhood it was epic. I wish i could go back to the days where you can do anythin and not get shit about it... Unfortunately most of us wanted to be more grown up so we go out and hit the "adult world" and all the problems that come with it. After realising this many of us regret and hate this world we've brought ourselves into... When i was young i didnt even know what the word suicide meant, alcohol was horrendous and smoking was absolutely heinous. Unfortunately for me i was this world after my friends suicide... It was absolutely fucking crazy. and it hit me hard... Forcing me into this adult world with all the problems and all... My view on the world has changed. I've gone from a kid who didnt understand the concept of suicide, didn't drink and severely frowned upon smoking to this entity who lives in a world of alcohol, drugs and smoking... and of course suicide... So basically what I'm saying is that the teenage years SHOULD be completely kickass but I and so many other people have just got immersed in this adult world too fast....
BOINGage-MCRmy
Banned
BOINGage-MCRmy
April 24th, 2009 at 09:24am
im a teen
and i go to a school where my entire year is filled with 'Chavs'

its not easy being the 'Emo' or the 'Greebo' or the 'Goth'
(these are the labels i have)

i have friends in my year...
some of them are chavs but look past the fact that i dont wear or listen to the same things as them.

others are slightly more abusive about it...

so i made friends in my year...
the small group of 'Greebos' in my form room...
this consists of 3 of us ^_^
including me.

we hang about with the people in the year above.
the people we hang with are also 'Greebos'
but one of them often gets labeled the 'Emo'

its quite funny really
no, its not easy being a teenager
and most of that is pressure form people at school.
or the fact that you want top get treated like an adult but your parents still think your a little kid.

the truth is, we're growing up too fast and the world cant handle it.
consiquently, we get bored and hang on the street.
and thats why teenagers 'scare' old people.