Don't have an account? Create one!

Teenagers

AuthorMessage
Chemical Princess
Killjoy
Chemical Princess
October 10th, 2008 at 04:46pm
Being both a teenager and an adult is very hard,as a teenager you make life changing decisions in which your adult life or perhaps the rest of your life depends on.
Fatatio
Bulletproof Heart
Fatatio
October 15th, 2008 at 11:43am
I don't think being a teenager is difficult, maybe because my parents are the best and my friends love me as I am...I don't have to act to be a different person from who I am and if I made a mistake...who cares?! I'll never do it again!
drink ourselves dry.
Crash Queen
drink ourselves dry.
October 21st, 2008 at 06:04am
Mindfuck:
I think that this whole "teenagers vs. adults" thing in terms of which stage is harder to go through is completely moot and ridiculous, to be honest.

I think that life in general is tough, and every stage of your life - whether you're 15, 25, 40, 70, whatever - is going to have ups and downs, hardships, troubles. All that jazz.

It's hard being a teen, but it's hard being an adult.

Also, trouble, hardship and peer pressure isn't going to stop once you leave high school. You still have to deal with all that crap in life as you go along.

I'm 19 and (approximately) 8 months, so technically I'm still a teenager. After I graduated high school, I was glad it was over. But I remember early last year in my first year of University thinking how much I wanted to be back in high school, mainly because I was making the transition from structured schooling to a more relaxed and self-structured Uni timetable (now I don't feel that way, and I wouldn't go back to high school even if someone paid me. But I did feel like that once). And since the beginning of last year, I've felt less and less like a teen as time has gone on.

i can see where you're coming from.
life will be hard to handle, not just when you're a teenager.
but i think it's harder to find support while you're a teen,
when you're older, in my opinion, it's much more eaiser to find comfort.
"You still have to deal with all that crap in life as you go along"
i guess, but it's not easy for some people to deal with it.
if your friends or family aren't being supportive, who can you turn to?
being that young, you feel may feel vulnerable and weak.
Helena of Sorrows
Fabulous Killjoy
Helena of Sorrows
October 21st, 2008 at 06:27am
being a teenager is very hard. we all know that. i mean, bullying, school, particularly high school, stereotypes and all that shits. some of uis may have a great teenage life but i guess most of us dont, and that includes me. i really didnt have a great teenage life. i mean, i had been bullied throughout highschool. and that totally "killed" me.
sometimes teenagers tend to like stereotype or like be someone they are not just to fit in and like pretend just to make themselves higher that everybody else.
others think that they are way better that other people that they tend to like step on others foot because they think that would make them cooler...which i think is bullshit. *sorry for the word*
DemolitionLover1
Killjoy
DemolitionLover1
October 30th, 2008 at 10:50am
i think being a teenager is hard

loads of kids can pick of you just because of yor style and if you tell the teachers they dont say anything. its not like we always rely on teachers for everything but bullying isnt really nice is it?
and come on!!: like anyone's really going to sit and the buddy bench!! thats just silly. i thinks its just an excuse for teachers not to do anything serious about bullying

i get picked on becuase of the way i dress and the things im into, but honestly i really dont give a damn what they think of me!!
and some teachers think you're weird becuase you dont fit in with the other kids, or you're not like them!!

another annoying thing is that everyone expects so much of you. and parents want us to be perfect. but im sorry...no one is perfect.

okay umm i dont think what i wrote souns write, i mean i know what i mean but its jus hard to explain
Jenny.
Jenny.
November 1st, 2008 at 07:30pm
watch the profanity, please.

I think the typical "it's hard being a teen" thing is overrated. Sure, it's hard, you're starting to have your own opinions and you conflict with people.

But why would anyone think that changes as you hit the age at which you are considered to be adult? It doesn't change anything. All your life there will be people who disagree with you. I personally think it'll get harder as you become an adult because you can't just storm off or have a fit of rage, you have to grit your teeth and deal with it. You can't cry into your pillow over every little thing.

So yes, I think being a teenager is easier than it's cracked up to be.
blow
Bleeding on the Floor
blow
November 2nd, 2008 at 01:39am
toshiko sato:

I think the typical "it's hard being a teen" thing is overrated. Sure, it's hard, you're starting to have your own opinions and you conflict with people.

But why would anyone think that changes as you hit the age at which you are considered to be adult? It doesn't change anything. All your life there will be people who disagree with you. I personally think it'll get harder as you become an adult because you can't just storm off or have a fit of rage, you have to grit your teeth and deal with it. You can't cry into your pillow over every little thing.

Oh my god, thank you for saying that. Out of all the people here you and only a few others are the only ones to realize the bigger picture. Just, man, I get pretty tired of whiny teenagers complaining about how hard they have it (not anyone here, in real life I have to deal with a lot of people like that) and it gets to the point where I just want to say 'get over it', just suck it up and stop complaining. Life's hard all around, deal with it. (sorry for the minirant)
Marilyn Monroe
Awake and Unafraid
Marilyn Monroe
November 2nd, 2008 at 02:31am
I completely agree with you. Sure teenage years are hard, but the adult world is much more harsh and hard. If you don't do anything at school, you get a dentention but you can go back the next day. Don't do anything at work, and you could get fired. Which means you can't support yourself, therefore, making life very difficult.

So next time you whinge to someone about the teenager years being the worse. Just remember that it's easier to redeem yourself and live while you are a teenager.
Tallulah
Admin
Tallulah
November 2nd, 2008 at 07:54am
toshiko sato:

Spot on kidda!

When you are a teen you always have a safety net. If something goes drastically wrong or you can't cope anymore you can run to your parents or friendship groups or teachers. I dont agree with those people who say that teenagers have less support structures, you have much much more. When you are an adult the buck stops with you. You are the final level. You have to deal with whatever stuff is thrown at you and everyone looks to you to do it, because you are the adult. Friendship groups that are so tight when you are a teenager become looser because everyone has their own lives and you can no longer spend all your time together. The support structures you have as a teenager disappear, when you are an adult you are expected to jjust get on with things, as Jenny said, you can't storm off and slam doors or cry into a pillow. Inside I feel no different to i did when I was a teen, but because I am in my late 20's I'm supposedly a fountain of all knowledge and can mend everything.

Problems that seem gigantic as a teenager are part of everyday life as an adult. I had all sorts of self esteem/confidence issues as a teen, They dont suddenly disappear when you are an adult, they still remain, but you have so many other issues, you just have to get on with them. My mother who is in her 60's says she still feels exactly the same as she did when she was 18. Age doesnt get rid of the problems, it just makes people assume you can deal with them better.

Being a teenager has its own issues, but being an adult has even more. Try coping with full time work, parenting, bills, taxes, health issues, etc etc. on top of the normal friendship/relationship/self esteem issues that dont go away.

I would love to be a teenager again, even though I had my fair share of problems, it was a genuinely carefree time.
MCRAreSuperHeroes
Killjoy
MCRAreSuperHeroes
November 3rd, 2008 at 03:04pm
yeah.
life sucks sometimes but hey, you shouldn't really give a care what other people think. If you like MCR you should know that. They are all about being yourself and being strong no matter what crap you get from other people.
Figures?
But yes, being a teenager is confusing.
Although it isn't half as tough as being an adult I guess. Make the most of it while you can. Smile
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
November 3rd, 2008 at 10:18pm
accessorised bones.:
but i think it's harder to find support while you're a teen,
when you're older, in my opinion, it's much more eaiser to find comfort.
I personally don't think it is. In fact, I would say it's almost the other way around.
When you're younger, you're expected to f**k up, you're expected to feel misunderstood, and angry for no reason, and I think a lot of people give teenagers (in general) a lot more leeway with that kind of stuff simply because they're in a changing period called adolescence.
But yet, if an adult f**ks up and needs help, I think they're mainly seen as being somewhat weak. The whole attitude of, "You're an adult, pull yourself together". I think it's expected that people get more immune or "tough" towards these sorts of things as we grow older, but that's not the case.

Which is why I think there is more support for teenagers going through tough times than adults. In general.
Because people expect teenagers to go through things like this, but once you become settled in adulthood people think there's something majorly wrong with you if you express what would usually be moody teenager behaviour.

I hope that's understandable and that I explained myself properly.

accessorised bones.:
"You still have to deal with all that crap in life as you go along"
i guess, but it's not easy for some people to deal with it.
if your friends or family aren't being supportive, who can you turn to?
being that young, you feel may feel vulnerable and weak.
Can adults not feel vulnerable and weak though? They can. As I stated above, you never stop wanting support, and you never really stop feeling weak at points in your life. But I feel it's easier for people to help teenagers, because with adults there is a different stigma attached if you need help.
magii_mcrmy
Killjoy
magii_mcrmy
November 4th, 2008 at 11:43pm
maybe not hard... definately not easy... mostly weird. all the changes. coming of age. realizing who you are and having to face opposing personalities in an environment where hundreds of hormonally unstable beings are crammed into a building for 8 hours 5 days a week... its strange, mostly.
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
November 5th, 2008 at 10:41am
scare the living shit outta me

(Sorry, couldn't resist - in a silly mood today)
Jenny.
Jenny.
November 5th, 2008 at 10:50am
don't spam, mah dearest deb.
magii_mcrmy:
maybe not hard... definately not easy... mostly weird. all the changes. coming of age. realizing who you are and having to face opposing personalities in an environment where hundreds of hormonally unstable beings are crammed into a building for 8 hours 5 days a week... its strange, mostly.

It's not the easiest thing in the world, that's true.
Gerard.
Banned
Gerard.
November 5th, 2008 at 11:04am
i agree it can be easy at times but very hard also i think with me being small for my age being a teenager is difficult..
Jenny.
Jenny.
November 5th, 2008 at 11:10am
Guys - could you elaborate on your posts, please?
Say exactly why you think it's hard/not hard. Otherwise it's not a discussion, it's just a "state your opinion" thing, if that makes sense.
Tallulah
Admin
Tallulah
November 5th, 2008 at 01:10pm
magii_mcrmy:

Dealing with changes, hormones, facing opposing personalities in an environment where hundreds of hormally unstable beings are crammed into a building all day.

Whoa... that sounds exactly like being an adult.

Like I said before. Nothing much changes when you "grown up".
hunteri heroici.
Always Born a Crime
hunteri heroici.
November 6th, 2008 at 07:37am
Being a teenager can be very hard/weird. Especially a teenage girl. Your hormones get too crazy, you have to deal with many changes, you have to adjust to things, there's the problem with fitting in, bullying, unstable personality.
But being grown up ain't easier or less weird.
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
November 7th, 2008 at 07:44am
lady vengeance.:
Being a teenager can be very hard/weird. Especially a teenage girl. Your hormones get too crazy, you have to deal with many changes, you have to adjust to things, there's the problem with fitting in, bullying, unstable personality.
Teenage boys go through the same things Shifty2
Changes, hormones, bullying and being 'unstable' are not exclusively female issues.
MCRForeverAndEver
Killjoy
MCRForeverAndEver
November 10th, 2008 at 12:03pm
All te popular people tend to be really mean. They get away with being horrible to people, just because they're 'cool'. I dont like the whole concept of coolness.