Don't have an account? Create one!

Teenagers

AuthorMessage
IceHog69
Bulletproof Heart
IceHog69
May 16th, 2008 at 04:57am
I think being a teenager is really hard, because you have all these things happening with your body that you have get used to, and people are starting to think you are grown up, but you still feel like a little kid. Some people treat you like an adult, others treat you like a child. People at school are harsh as well, which means you are trying to find out who you are, whilst at the same time trying to fit in.

I'm the kid that everyone presumes to be really clever, and good at everything, because I'm in the extension class, but i'm not. They all expect me to be able to do the work, and help them, and my mom wants me to get a job. I can't do it all. At home, I go home, and break down. I hardly sleep for doing homework, and revision. I'm 16, and I already run off coffee. I shouldn't be like this. People think teenagers are indestructible, because it's 'just their hormones', or it's 'just a phase'.

In the UK, children will have sat over 100 exams by the time they are 16.
pxieVAMPIREdust
Bleeding on the Floor
pxieVAMPIREdust
May 16th, 2008 at 08:00pm
^ you can do it!!!tell your parents if your tired already...i hope they'll understand
anthony green.
In The Murder Scene
anthony green.
May 17th, 2008 at 12:38am
Next month, I'm turning into a teenager (13) and quite frankly, I'm frightened.
Now, by society standards I've already met "teenhood" because I've gotten my period and all that. But is that really what a teenager is? Just getting your period? *shakes head*
The pressure is going to be so much harder, I've heard horrible things from my sister about high school.
When you're a teenager you're pressured to have sex, and I'm just not ready for that. I really wish I could turn back time to stay away from my 13th birthday.
IronMan
Killjoy
IronMan
May 27th, 2008 at 10:17am
Being a teenager is definitely really hard. Adults never seem to understand, they're just too old I guess. There is a lot of cliques and stereotyping in my school. I get called emo a lot, for wearing Nirvana shirts... I try to stay away from groups like that. I feel really great, though. Just last week, I walked around school with post-its attached to my face. I heard a lot of "Get a life!"'s but I didn't care. It was fun.
Martha.Monster
Fabulous Killjoy
Martha.Monster
May 27th, 2008 at 02:06pm
little bella muerte:
Next month, I'm turning into a teenager (13) and quite frankly, I'm frightened.
Now, by society standards I've already met "teenhood" because I've gotten my period and all that. But is that really what a teenager is? Just getting your period? *shakes head*
The pressure is going to be so much harder, I've heard horrible things from my sister about high school.
When you're a teenager you're pressured to have sex, and I'm just not ready for that. I really wish I could turn back time to stay away from my 13th birthday.

Love, All I Can Say To You Is That We Are All Here If You Need Any Support. Smile
It Is Hard Being A Teenager, I Admit. But It Also Brings Loads Of Exciting New Prospects Aswell!
Like Experimenting With Your Style, Music, Hair EVERYTHING.
And Admittedly, You're Not Always Going To Be Getting It Right.
I Think That On The Pressure Front, Aslong As You Stay True To Yourself, And Only Do What You Feel That It's Right To Do, You'll Be Fine.

In School, On The Pressure I Get From Teachers Front About Work, My Hair Etc, I Just Keep Myself To A Close Group Of Friends And Smile Through It Smile

And As For The Sex Front! You Should Never Feel Pressured Into Doing It! If Any Boy Makes You Feel Bad Or Guilty For Not Hvaing Sex With Him He's Obviously Not Worth Keeping Love!

Hope This Helped Smile
HEY AMY
Salute You in Your Grave
HEY AMY
May 27th, 2008 at 10:20pm
you know, im more scared of finishing my teen years.
i enjoy it, in a way. but im scared of... not growing up.
but getting old i guess.
i dont want to...
it really frightens me Sad
Daemoness
Jazz Hands
Daemoness
May 28th, 2008 at 01:29am
one of the main things about being a teen is that your parents went through all the same things... we all go through the same developmental phases.
But here is the important bit: people develop differently. we learn through different experiences, we all have slightly different views and even if we all had the same experiences we'd still have a variety of results and reactions.
Also, yeah your folks went throught the same stages of development, but wake up people! society changes, the society you oldies grew up in is very different to the one we're growing up in. things that they found easy we find hard, and we might laugh at the things they considered to be 'issues'...
basically being a teen is hard and every generation gos through adolescense in a different society so parents cant jut assume they know it all because 'theyve been there' and we cant assume they know nothing, its just that what they remember doesnt quite match up to our reality
BrokenSnapShots2
Thinking Happy Thoughts
BrokenSnapShots2
June 2nd, 2008 at 10:28pm
It pisses me off so bad.
There's this girl in my school.
She's wicked nice and pretty cool actually.
But just because she acts,looks and has barely no friends, every one hates her and makes funn of her.
I hate it so much because everyone is just focused on what clothes everyone is wearing instead of the things that are gonna last a life time, like their personalites because clothes and looks change while your personality(if your you) hardly changes.
Lonerinlove
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Lonerinlove
June 3rd, 2008 at 02:24pm
^^^^^ just rember that^^^^^^^

gerard is like a god to me
Ferrum
Killjoy
Ferrum
June 5th, 2008 at 08:11am
Well, as a college student in the UK, here's my secret for surviving:

Screw what anyone else thinks. Seriously. Be guided by yourself, but don't forget to think. Make intelligent choices and everything will go much, much more smoothly.

Still, there will inevitably come times when things seem to get too much. In such cases, I point you towards the arts. Literature, art and music can help you focus your mind and keep calm.

And my final piece of advice is that life gets a hell of a lot better after high school. Endure the five years of it (well, in the UK at least) and it's more than worth it. College is so much better, mainly because everyone actually wants to be there.
hunteri heroici.
Always Born a Crime
hunteri heroici.
June 6th, 2008 at 02:38am
The teenage years, are the years we start figuring what we've become.
They're the years some of us get really mature, unapproachable (is that a word?) and cold towards others. Or we become mature when we have to and immature when it isn't really needed to be mature.
Our hormones start playing dirty games on us.
Boys get tougher, they think they're men. They act like men.
Girls start putting make up on etc etc.
Boys get more and more rage inside of them (some of them anyway).
Most girls become really aggressive and cry too easily.
Both sexes start sharing relationships with other people.
Friendships get more bonded, reletionships get more serious or more immature.
We figure what our sexuality is, we go through phases, weird phases.
We get into fights, some of us get rejected, some others alienate themselves.
Yeah, I believe that being teenager is a tough task.
annaaloves
Bleeding on the Floor
annaaloves
June 7th, 2008 at 11:17am
Other Kids judging you or stereotyping you is really horrible but its part of being a teenager. If you get nasty comments from people about the way you look then just ignore it or laugh it off, thats what i do and people have given up on picking on me because they realised that it doesn't upset me.
drink ourselves dry.
Crash Queen
drink ourselves dry.
September 12th, 2008 at 06:05am
i don't really have people giving me nasty comments that much.
but when they do,
it really does hurt my feelings.
as much as i tell other people i'm okay,
i'm not.
i really hate how sensitive i can be when i am in situations like that.
i just can't help it.
but i think i've grown a lot since i've posted this thread.
and as someone said before,
being a teenager gives you a lot of new experiences.
i understand that,
and accept that,
but still i feel like something is holding me back.
right now i feel so useless,
it's really getting to me.
Scene Kid King
Killjoy
Scene Kid King
September 12th, 2008 at 09:41am
i agree with you. lifes hard and i mean sometimes it can get y ou to your lowest. its made me suicidal
blow
Bleeding on the Floor
blow
September 12th, 2008 at 05:45pm
I actually love being a teenager. I love school for the most part, sometimes the drama just gets ridiculous, but I don't mind that much. As a teenager, I get almost all the freedom of an adult with almost none of the responsibilities. There are so many opportunities that I can explore. I feel really privileged. I wish I could be a teenager forever, but I have to get old sometime.
Faye Merci
Salute You in Your Grave
Faye Merci
September 12th, 2008 at 11:28pm
To me, being a teenager is taking yourself too seriously to realize it, so you instead get self-obsessed and angsty. I think most teenagers just need a slap to the face to realize how narcissistic and coddled they are.
Spirit of Jazz.
Motor Baby
Spirit of Jazz.
September 12th, 2008 at 11:41pm
i just turned 13 a month ago so i don't have much experience being one, but so far its been good and bad. i mean, almost immeadietly, my dad started teasing me. he's always teased me to an extent, but not this bad. he makes fun of me for the makeup i wear, the clothes i wear, and how i talk to my friends. its like he automatically assumes that when i turn 13 i turn into a squealing bratty little chick who talks only in chatspeak and only cares about guys. some girls are like that, but i'm not!! get over it dad.... maybe its just the friggin hormones that are making me want to slap him occasionally, but who cares? he's kind of being a jerk about it. i've asked my mom to talk to him about it, but she never does. it just really pissed me off today when i asked him to rent the nighmare before christmas and he started making fun of me. i like tim burton. i believe he's a genius. but NO. dad has to make fun of me. and when i tell him that mom is taking me to the mall tomorrow to get some stuff from hot topic or something to that extent, he rolls his eyes and laughs. i know damn well he was in to the same crap i was when he was my age. it just annoys me because we were really close just a few months ago, and now he just mocks me for my likes and dislikes.

but on the other hand, being a teenager is good in the sense that you can be an adult without having nearly as many responsibilties as say, a 25 year old. besides the homework and social crap that goes along with high school, i'd say it isn't so bad so far. but i have a strange feeling that when i get to high school, i'm going to be the weird loner/emo/goth/band geek kid who didn't go to the middle school because she was being homeschooled. i'm really scared for high school.

wow this is long. i'm going to stop now before it takes up the entire page. i love this site. it really lets me vent about stuff like that. thanks people for letting me rant.
demolitionloversmway
Thinking Happy Thoughts
demolitionloversmway
September 13th, 2008 at 05:10pm
any adults who says "being a teenager isnt that tough"
is fd up im sorry but its the truth
balancing family life social life and school and all the things that are going on in your life really tough to do as most of you all know
and with the media thing
life isnt like the oc or those teenage soapoperas where all the beuatiful girls fall in love with the hot guys and they get away with everything and everythings fine in the end
thats just not how it is
i used to hate my self and my body and all of that and think im not pretty
but in the past 2 yrs i learned that looks are nothing and its who you really are that counts
and thus ive grown more comfortable with myself and i have a great boyfriend know and even though hes not the most "hansomest" or whatverrr my friends want to call it hes funny and he treats me really well
bascially i learned not to care what any one thinks and that yea being a teenager sucks but you just need to get through it and try to make it as unsucky as you possibly can
Jenny.
Jenny.
September 13th, 2008 at 07:18pm
Hmmm.
The teenage years are pretty tough. You're becoming closer to getting a job, paying bills, getting your own place, and sometimes the responsibility is too much.
You get told you're old enough to be mature and act like an adult, but you're treated as a child still.
And then there's the almighty hormones which make you go nuts. I spent half an hour earlier crying for no reason[and I'm not one to cry normally; I hardly ever cry].
There's the pressure of doing well in exam, living up to parents' expectations and still doing what you want, to a certain extent.
So yeah. It is pretty hard.

A question to discuss:
Do teenagers get more pressure to do well in life than other age groups, or is it just a bunch of excuses?
Spirit of Jazz.
Motor Baby
Spirit of Jazz.
September 13th, 2008 at 09:29pm
^ i think we do honestly get a lot more pressure than other age groups. i'm not saying that being 10 or 80 isn't hard, because growing up and growing old suck altogether... but when youre a teenage girl, there is a buttload of pressure on you to fit in with the rest of the crowd. and we shouldn't want tp fit in. we should want to be different. we shouldn't all conform to the way all the pencil thin models look. thats just my opinion.