Don't have an account? Create one!

Danger Days: The True Lives of the Fabulous Killjoys

AuthorMessage
Royal.Boom
Killjoy
Royal.Boom
January 4th, 2011 at 10:02pm
Can I high five if I WANT to know what you're referencing?
darenmay
Thinking Happy Thoughts
darenmay
January 5th, 2011 at 01:36pm
you might already have heard it but Bulletproof Heart is the next single. Very Happy
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
January 5th, 2011 at 01:38pm
^^ That's been out since before the album was released.
darenmay
Thinking Happy Thoughts
darenmay
January 5th, 2011 at 02:17pm
yeah, it's old, thanks.
beaker;
Ghostbuster Famous
beaker;
January 5th, 2011 at 03:17pm
Personally, I think Bulletproof Heart would make a great single, especially for an non-killjoy related video, if they were to do something like that. I think it's got enough story on it's own to not be in that universe.
Royal.Boom
Killjoy
Royal.Boom
January 5th, 2011 at 04:58pm
I think it'd make a fantastic music video, killjoy related or not. It's my fave song on the whole album.

On that note, does anyone know for sure what the next killjoy vid will be? Which song will close out the trilogy?
beaker;
Ghostbuster Famous
beaker;
January 5th, 2011 at 09:31pm
All I know is that if I could pick, I'd choose The Kids from Yesterday. It's got the right sound for the "ending" of a trilogy. Fast paced, but dramatic.
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
January 5th, 2011 at 10:58pm
AdrenalineRevolver:
On that note, does anyone know for sure what the next killjoy vid will be? Which song will close out the trilogy?
for sure, nobody knows. i'm not even sure if they know what they want to do yet.
darenmay
Thinking Happy Thoughts
darenmay
January 6th, 2011 at 02:50am
i am hoping for a performance video this time. i kind of miss it.
Evil_Alice
Motor Baby
Evil_Alice
January 6th, 2011 at 06:00am
AdrenalineRevolver:
Y'know, I just realized, I have no idea who the hell Show Pony is. I mean, I know it's the dude in the tights/skates/helmet/thong at the beginning of na na na, but WHO is he? What purpose does he serve in the Dangerverse?

Found this on MyChemicalRomanceForum.com

http://www.mychemicalromanceforum.com/mcrf/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=24122

If you don't have an account, it's not about the Dangerverse, but something interesting about him IRL.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEc1ej8gzGg&feature=youtu.be

Tags are "Show Pony". Random? Don't think so.
Evil_Alice
Motor Baby
Evil_Alice
January 6th, 2011 at 06:13am
StillNoUsername:
Hey guys not to ruin the flow here but I was wondering where in the boards the album is being discussed musically? Has it kind of halted? I'm super depressed about this album so I was wondering if anyone else feels that way. For the most part I guess anyone that agrees with me has stopped getting on the fansites but I'm lurking trying to find out if I'm the majority or the minority, I'm interested in the consensus

I felt the same way as you...at first. Then I stepped back from my own expectations and requirements and actually started to listen to what I was listening to. And then I got it. The message is still the same, the people are still the same - what's important is that they're producing music that's real and relevant and true to them - they've got pretty great lives now, so would you really want them to sit around and manufacture grief just so they could emulate their older sound? The instant you take out the truth of art it becomes commerce. And that's something My Chem have never been about.

Mod edit:// Removed for copyright purposes
Very Misfits. Yummy.
The Lunacy Phringe
Bleeding on the Floor
The Lunacy Phringe
January 6th, 2011 at 07:04am
AdrenalineRevolver:
Can I high five if I WANT to know what you're referencing?

This is pretty much what I was talking about, 1.22 into it. Razz
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9ez7iNjoVg

Actually the Dangerverse reminds me of this game in so many ways haha
StillNoUsername
Killjoy
StillNoUsername
January 6th, 2011 at 08:41pm
I hear what yall are saying and I think it's cool that you've made the jump with them, but I guess it just comes down to a disagreement. I have no issue with them going more pop, or with them experimenting and changing up their sound. I'm a little tired of the question "you wouldn't want them to just release the same material over and over again, would you? they have to change to grow as a band." Everyone always assumes that if you don't like a new album, that it MUST be because you aren't mature enough to understand that argument. But I do, I get it, I want them to do new things. The reason I don't like the album is because I think it is just plain bad. I don't mind that they've gone in a more pop direction, but I mind that they've done it poorly. I feel like this album is just an attempt to stay relevant. They see how the current musical climate is all tech-y, so they slap some synths in there haphazardly. I think the use of the synths was done in a really unnecessay way. The way they placed them has nothing to do with the song. I think "Sing" is just plain bad music, whether it was coming from a pop band, a rock band, whoever. I think that a lot of the decisions made on this album were very obvious, uninspired decisions, it's just what everyone else in the world is doing right now. That's why I find it so odd that they say that this is the most "risky" album yet or that they "experimented." It's a very predictable album, boring, forgettable. "Vampire Money" is supposed to be showcasing something different but I think it's really cheesy and I think if you told any band, "write a 50s doo-wop rock song," that's exactly what anyone would come up with. Green Day did it with their Foxboro Hottubs "Stop Drop & Roll." I think all the lyrics are pretty bad too, like, "sing it for the ones that'll hate your guts?" seriously? And I don't think they showed as much raw energy as they usually do. It's all kind of detached. I dont see much MCR in this at all. I guess the band might think that it's MCR because every once in a while they do a signature move, like gerard will do a little growl somewhere and ray will do one of his riffs. But what really made them them was the energy and emotion and sincerity, which I feel none of on Danger Days. I also saw them live recently and the show was very lacking. I always count on them to be really great live, right? Like they used to be the best live band in the world. But this time they were so fucking boring, guys, seriously. I was so disappointed. They didn't DO anything. They didn't even rock out. They didn't have a lot of energy or aggression or unpredictability or even connection to the audience. They just stood there and played their little songs. I've seen them 3 times before, so I didn't understand. But they said it was the best show they'd ever played in that city, wtf? I visited some forums where other people who were at the same show were discussing their reaction and everyone said the same thing, one girl even said "mcr is dead to me."

I definitely don't agree that this is the best album musically. Maybe for the bass, I don't know much about that, but the drumming is nothing, the lyrics are bad, gerard doesn't do anything interesting with his voice, the guitar parts anyone could come up with. The synths are bullshit. It's all tin-pan-alley formulization. It's ok that they've dabbled in pop but they didn't execute it well. Pop fans aren't even gunna like this.
In general, I just think the band got scared of their "emo" reputation and copped out.

If all that sounds harsh, I didn't mean it directed at any of you or your opinions, like I said it's just a disagreement. I'll listen to the mad gear thing though
The Lunacy Phringe
Bleeding on the Floor
The Lunacy Phringe
January 6th, 2011 at 08:58pm
StillNoUsername:
I definitely don't agree that this is the best album musically. Maybe for the bass, I don't know much about that, but the drumming is nothing, the lyrics are bad, gerard doesn't do anything interesting with his voice, the guitar parts anyone could come up with. The synths are bullshit. It's all tin-pan-alley formulization. It's ok that they've dabbled in pop but they didn't execute it well.

The fact that their live show is getting worse is very odd, and I do agree that it has.

They're gonna fucking do what Aiden did.. This is pretty much they're presence with their albums:
Our Gangs Dark Oath - We hate ourselves
Nightmare Anatomy - We hate everything
Conviction - Oh we love the world and you little darlings so much!
Knives - Fuck it we hate everything again.

Next album MCR will be very pissed off..

But, if Nine Inch Nails went from Pretty Hate Machine to Year Zero it would not have worked well, but they did it gradually and it did.

My Chem should have brought this change on more gradually.

As for music - Mikey:"Oh yeah we're so influenced by Iron Maiden". Then why the fuck wont he play like Steve Harris? I do like his octave jumping, but I've yet to hear him slap and pop...

I love the album, I really do. I love jamming along with it, but at the same time I absolutely hate it...
Evil_Alice
Motor Baby
Evil_Alice
January 6th, 2011 at 09:39pm
I seriously need to get some sleep (it's 2:30 here in the UK...) especially in order to compose some kind of semi-intelligent response to your point, but before I do, I'd just like to say sorry for assuming you had a problem with them moving on and trying new things - you just were very unspecific in your original post, and most of the complaints I've heard about the new album have been along those lines. So yeah, sorry! Full response coming in a few hours...night all.
KHelenaF
Killjoy
KHelenaF
January 6th, 2011 at 09:54pm
StillNoUsername:
I hear what yall are saying and I think it's cool that you've made the jump with them, but I guess it just comes down to a disagreement. I have no issue with them going more pop, or with them experimenting and changing up their sound. I'm a little tired of the question "you wouldn't want them to just release the same material over and over again, would you? they have to change to grow as a band." Everyone always assumes that if you don't like a new album, that it MUST be because you aren't mature enough to understand that argument. But I do, I get it, I want them to do new things. The reason I don't like the album is because I think it is just plain bad.

To me, personally, I fell in love with the album as soon as "Art Is The Weapon" was released, and I loved every song the second I heard it. I think the sense of free-spirited rebellion gives it a great feel. It's just musical taste, I guess, but I agree with the person who said to try the EP. Also "Zero Percent" (Japanese B-side), and Save Yourself seems kind of Three Cheers-y to me... Try giving it some time, I guess, I think a lot of the songs have great messages (Bulletproof Heart for example) while others were done purely for fun (Vampire Money). I thought Gerard's vocals were great, I know they autotuned some of it but it was only as an effect, I thought. And...listen to the Vampire Money solo- Ray was amazing!

As for live performances, the ones I've seen were great.. I've heard they've been a bit off their game at a few, but the one most people said was their second show of the say, and more of a festival type, so I didn't think much of it.

...The point of this post was to point out some good things, if.. looking at it a different way, sort of, might help with the liking it. I'm not saying your opinion is wrong or should be changed though!! Just thought I'd share my thoughts, cause I know I'd be crushed if I didn't like an MCR album Smile
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
January 6th, 2011 at 10:33pm
Evil_Alice:
Posting copyrighted files is illegal and against site rules. I edited the link out of your post linking to downloads of TMG&MKK. Thanks!

- Lycia
Royal.Boom
Killjoy
Royal.Boom
January 7th, 2011 at 01:54am
Ok, I know I ask a lot of "bwaaaaa?" questions on here, but can someone please explain SCARECROW to me? Not the song, though you can if you want. I mean, who are they? Or is it one person?
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
January 7th, 2011 at 02:05am
AdrenalineRevolver:
Ok, I know I ask a lot of "bwaaaaa?" questions on here, but can someone please explain SCARECROW to me? Not the song, though you can if you want. I mean, who are they? Or is it one person?
They're the people in the weird "bag masks" in the sing video... the s/c/a/r/e/c/r/o/w unit. a group of exterminators... they work for bl/ind, korse is an exterminator in the scarecrow unit. the building in sing is bl/ind HQ, but they have a separate department (assuming because it's all in the same place) for the scarecrow.
Royal.Boom
Killjoy
Royal.Boom
January 7th, 2011 at 04:03am
Ah, thanks. That helps a lot. So when the song makes scarecrow seem like a boogey man, they really mean the company, not a single character.