Don't have an account? Create one!

Gerard on Teenies

AuthorMessage
Sazzle
Killjoy
Sazzle
January 26th, 2007 at 07:31am
What exactly is a teenie? I'm really confused...then it doesn't take much.

Not that it matters to me because I'm not into the whole stereotyping thing...no matter how annoying a person might be. I don't like to be labelled and judged before people know me, so ya know I just wouldn't do that to others.

I mean don't jump down my throat or anything, but isn't it a bit hypocritical to moan about teenies and stuff, but also at the same time a lot of people on here moan about MCR and the fans being labelled as emo kids who self harm? It just annoys me that everything has a label and people are making assumptions about people they don't even know...

Nevermind. Ignore me. Just throwing in another point of view. I might have totally the wrong idea.

EDIT: ok, just found out what a teenie is...Doesn't seem like a big deal really. They are easily ignored lol. Just wait a few weeks and they'll move onto someone new. It's not like they are a huge threat to society or anything. Eventually they'll get bored. I've actually never met a teenie.
Just something else...does this mean that anyone who swoons over the guys in the picture topics are teenies? Or is it acceptable to do that if you listen to the music and appreciate it? I guess it depends on what you all think of double standards.

I also read on here that someone thought her teacher was a teenie because the teacher said she liked Greenday but had never heard of Basket Case...I'm thinking riiiight. OK. So you are also a teenie if you claim to like a band but haven't heard some of their songs?

Label rules are really complex Surprised
Failure to Breathe.
Motor Baby
Failure to Breathe.
January 26th, 2007 at 08:18am
i mean i agree with gerard. i hate people who only like the band becuase him or anyone in it is hot.and thats all they care about. like... omgz gerard is so hot... you know? im sure we talk about it here but thats all they care about . not there music.

thats what i think
i have an opinion...

please do not kill me *runs*
amandaiero
Killjoy
amandaiero
January 26th, 2007 at 09:06am
i luv them
Wanja
In a Hail of Bullets
Wanja
January 26th, 2007 at 10:02am
That looks kinda fake if you ask me
Sweet Revenge.
Awake and Unafraid
Sweet Revenge.
January 26th, 2007 at 12:59pm
listen , i do think gerard is hot but i was into the music first. teenies annoy me too. there is this girl in my dance class who was at mi house one day and took a likin to gee. now she is makin mi life miserable at dance she comes up to me lik omg did u hear about... she has all her info wrong she knows NOTHING ABOUT MCR. i have mi own style and am the only dancer that will dance in an mcr shirt and use their messenger bag for my stuff. the other nite she showed up wearing one and she put down the bullets album which really pissed me off. she says im gonna make my room look like yours- cha right! a few weeks back she was in love with justin timberlake . she has no clue wut mcr is about and im sick of dealing with her. GIVE ME ADVICE..
That's What You Get
Always Born a Crime
That's What You Get
January 26th, 2007 at 01:23pm
tell her to listen to their music without you around, then if she doesn't like the music, maybe she will kind of step away from the whole gerard thing! if she does like the music, maybe she will grow out of the teenie stage!
Sweet Revenge.
Awake and Unafraid
Sweet Revenge.
January 26th, 2007 at 01:39pm
well lik i said she already put down bullets (it shocked her hehe) . she doesnt hav revenge . ur right she probably will grow out of it . its hard to be a big fan when u just lik 1 album. i tred to explain to her gee is not a teen idol.
Tragic.
Banned
Tragic.
January 26th, 2007 at 02:02pm
teen idol?
O_O"
wowwww. xD
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
January 26th, 2007 at 02:07pm
iLuVGeRaRd!:
well lik i said she already put down bullets (it shocked her hehe) . she doesnt hav revenge . ur right she probably will grow out of it . its hard to be a big fan when u just lik 1 album. i tred to explain to her gee is not a teen idol.

You can be a big fan by just liking one album.
a thousand suns.
Always Born a Crime
a thousand suns.
January 26th, 2007 at 02:13pm
Yeah you can- the first MCR album I heard was TBP and I became obsessed......

But then I listened to Bullets and Revenge and loved them after anyway, so w/e Very Happy
That's What You Get
Always Born a Crime
That's What You Get
January 26th, 2007 at 04:03pm
yeah, my friend was like that, now shes even worse than me! well...maybe not as into the MUSIC side as me, but you catch my drift!
Sweet Revenge.
Awake and Unafraid
Sweet Revenge.
January 26th, 2007 at 05:41pm
unapologetic apathy:
iLuVGeRaRd!:

You can be a big fan by just liking one album.

yes absolutly , i hav bands wher i only hav one , but i dont claim to be their biggest fan & annoy people who r .

we kinda got off the subject here , if u read mi first post you'll understand . i was responding to the girl who gave me advice
aliss practice.
Shotgun Sinner
aliss practice.
January 26th, 2007 at 06:11pm
It's pretty easy to spot teenies anyway, they only care about Gerard and his looks, they have only heard WTTBP and thats it, then they say things like;
' LYk OMfG DiD U HEar aBoUT gerARd LYK OmFg hE IS A gURl OMfg!!!!'
But we are safe knowing that next week they will be onto Justin Timberlake and Paris Hilton so why the hell should we care.

And oh, lets be thankful they are not half as bad as posers[scum] . . .
xxHelena_627xx
Motor Baby
xxHelena_627xx
January 26th, 2007 at 06:15pm
i know they annoy me these preps in my class always see pics. of him and they're like"oh he's sooooo cute" and idiotic stuff like that*I'm not saying it''s bad thinking he's cute* and i go up to them and ask if they've even heard MCR before and they respond with something like "no what do you think I am gothic" they REALLY get on my nerves
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
January 26th, 2007 at 06:30pm
shotgun s i n n e r:
It's pretty easy to spot teenies anyway, they only care about Gerard and his looks, they have only heard WTTBP and thats it, then they say things like;
' LYk OMfG DiD U HEar aBoUT gerARd LYK OmFg hE IS A gURl OMfg!!!!'
But we are safe knowing that next week they will be onto Justin Timberlake and Paris Hilton so why the hell should we care.

And oh, lets be thankful they are not half as bad as posers[scum] . . .

There's nothing wrong with liking Justin Timberlake. :/
xxHelena_627xx
Motor Baby
xxHelena_627xx
January 26th, 2007 at 06:31pm
true I like Justin
Aw.Sugar
Killjoy
Aw.Sugar
January 28th, 2007 at 12:25am
Gahhh Justin timberlake RUN RUN lol he scares me
ImNotOkay3505
Salute You in Your Grave
ImNotOkay3505
January 28th, 2007 at 12:42am
ya know, I really am a hypocrite. I sit there and complain about getting called emo and goth, and here I am stereotyping people as teenies. I need to stop.
dane1734
Killjoy
dane1734
January 28th, 2007 at 02:48am
If Gerard actually said this, then kudos to him. I get tired of standing next to the teenies or even prepubescent girls who just drool over the guys. It's kind of sickening. I go to these shows to hear the music not to hear how hot you think the band is. Funny thing is when I first started liking MCR, their looks actually scared the hell out of me but I loved the music so I was able to get past their looks.
That's What You Get
Always Born a Crime
That's What You Get
January 28th, 2007 at 09:56am
i didn't even know what they looked like until i had already heard 3 songs so i was well into them for the music side...the looks are just an added bonus