Don't have an account? Create one!

How you discovered mcr! (and is mainstream really that bad!)

AuthorMessage
siapelagi
Killjoy
siapelagi
September 30th, 2005 at 01:15am
(takes a deep breath)

hrrmmm......i only got to know about them a couple of weeks back, when my friend kept annoying the hell out of me by singing IM NOT OKAAAAAAAAAYYYY everytime I asked him how's it hanging over at his side of the world. He kept putting IM NOT OKAAAAAAAAAAY as his msn username and all that. then when I ask him has he got the girl he had been crushing on yet, and all he kept answerin was..." no, not yet. for now, she's my chemical romance!" and I was so annoyed I told him to go make shesmychemicalromance.com or something and dedicate it to the girl he was crazy for..like go make a goddamn shrine or something coz she was all he could talk about, I swearrr. Then he gave me this link www.mychemicalromance.com and I tot he was BEYOND nuts you know, actually going about registering such website...but of course, it wasn't his...it was the BAND's website...i listened to Helena and I'm not ok and was like.....OOOOOOOOOOOOOO....SO this is the song. (well it's not even half as annoying as my fren is, fyi) ...and I became an MCR fan after that.

err..tadaaaaaa~~?
I ARE TRISH.HEAR ME ROAR!
Salute You in Your Grave
I ARE TRISH.HEAR ME ROAR!
September 30th, 2005 at 01:20am
lalal they filmed i`m not okay (i promise) at my old school`s brother school. [[loyola]] so...yeap. i was like "i should try `em out" so i did.
Flipper.
Salute You in Your Grave
Flipper.
October 2nd, 2005 at 04:43pm
1) I wuz watchin FUSE for like the first time in a year and the video for Helena came on. I loved it so much that i went online and listened to all their songs.
2) My first reaction wuz i luved the vibes the song gave off. All the darkness and saddness.
3) I think its kinda bad that they're going mainstream because everybody's gunna start singing the songs. Even preps and stuff. That'll be very bad.
silent_lover
Killjoy
silent_lover
October 3rd, 2005 at 09:35am
Actually, my friend Miranda had some of their songs on her laptop last school year. She would play "Give 'Em Hell, Kid" all the time..and at first, I thought they sucked. Then..I heard Helena on the radio or tv or something and liked the song. So, I got into Miranda's email where she stored more MCR songs and put them on my computer (with her permission). Now...I'm addicted to them. Haha.
lost_in_my_agony
Joining The Black Parade
lost_in_my_agony
October 3rd, 2005 at 11:55am
My friend introduced me to them in 2003. She had me listen to "Bullets". I've been hooked ever since.
And you are....?
Bleeding on the Floor
And you are....?
October 3rd, 2005 at 12:34pm
I found out about them when I'm not okay came out, and instantly fell in love with them. When I got the cds, I realized that I had heard some of the songs on Bullets before, I just didnt know where. Them going mainstream is both a good and bad thing to me. Good because they are achieving their dream and making something of themselves, yet bad because of all the peopel who only like them because they are soo hot and don't even care about the music. Or only like the song Helena. People like that need to go away and die. Twisted Evil
jeni_loveded_you
Killjoy
jeni_loveded_you
October 3rd, 2005 at 12:41pm
My sister was always listening to them way before they hit mainstream. She just got me addicted to them. One day, my best friend went out and bought their CD, and so...I've been listening to the whole CD since then. She bought it after they went mainstream, but we were both listening to them before they hit big. We are poor kids, so when the price goes down, we then get it...it sucks being poor...
Pameleah
Joining The Black Parade
Pameleah
October 3rd, 2005 at 01:14pm
hey this was my first ever post on this site i cant believe its still here and doing so well!?!?
wow!
Pretty_in_Punk
Killjoy
Pretty_in_Punk
October 6th, 2005 at 06:28pm
I discovered this band: due to my boyfriend, but I didn.t like that kinda music then (that was a year ago *blushing* Embarassed But when I became a huge fan of The Used, I downloaded a live-video of this band WITH the Chemical Romance. And thats not a long time ago, Im talking about two months ago? But ever since then I really got into this band, first I had to get used of their 'sound' but the more I listened, the more I started to love them!
Disappointed in the mainstream-thing? I don't think so. But they really shouldnt change the way their music sounds. I love it this way, dont let it get ruined please!!!

Very Happy
jeni.loves.you
Killjoy
jeni.loves.you
October 7th, 2005 at 12:48am
I was sitting in my room one day and my younger brother and his friend called me to come check something out. So I ran to the living room and they were watching the I'm Not Okay video. It had just started so I saw it from the very beginning. At first I was like WTF? And then I realized that they were the most awesome band that my brother had ever exposed me to. I was mesmerized. And then I grilled my brother and his friend about who they were. LoL. I've been hooked ever since.
Victoria in Transit
In The Murder Scene
Victoria in Transit
October 7th, 2005 at 01:20am
They were in a magazine a year ago and it was love at first sight Very Happy
EsquisiteCorpse.
Bleeding on the Floor
EsquisiteCorpse.
October 7th, 2005 at 01:40am
me and my friend used to be chavs and i was over at her house we were waiting for the rap countdown on mtv2. and the rock coundown was still on.
i said "urrg this thing is taking forever" and me friend ilse said" ya i cant wait ne longer" then mcr's im not okay came on and we were like hey their pretty awesome then we listend to all of there songs on the comp and we loved them. and after we listened to them i started to watch fuse and watch the rock countdown and now we're both sorta goth and emo and all we listen to is rock and everyones saying "u 2 are so goth now."
Knitted.monkey.sock
Salute You in Your Grave
Knitted.monkey.sock
October 7th, 2005 at 04:06am
uhh turned on c4 (its a music channel here) and saw i'm not okay and then that varry day bought the album some time in july...i guess they have that affect on ppl....i suppose mainstream isn't that bad because more ppl will hear about them and even thought i was gutted not to know about them when they had their previous album i problably would never have been 'chemically romanced' if they wernt..erm...mainstream...

yeh i make no sence...its all good
Ninso
Killjoy
Ninso
October 7th, 2005 at 09:40am
Saw their video for Helena on a Swedish music channel (ZTV) and it was like getting punched in the face! But in a good way. Smile
<3BringTheBullets<3
Really Not Okay
<3BringTheBullets<3
October 8th, 2005 at 07:00am
I heard..Vampires Will Never Hurt You and I was like that is the band for me..I'm like the only girl who actually likes MCR for their 1st album in school all the other girls like them cause "Gerards Hot" or "Mikeys Hot" or "They are Hot" And I'm like "Guess What They Actually Play Music"
rach3l is a sound.
Salute You in Your Grave
rach3l is a sound.
October 8th, 2005 at 02:06pm
MuchMusic in 2004
rach3l is a sound.
Salute You in Your Grave
rach3l is a sound.
October 8th, 2005 at 02:07pm
MuchMusic is cool. theyre not narcissistic and egotistical liek some tv stations...
**cough** cough** MTV **cough** **cough**
devil in disguise
Killjoy
devil in disguise
October 8th, 2005 at 05:01pm
I heard I'm Not Okay on the radio one night. My first reaction was, "Wow, I like this song". I was depressed that night and I was alone in my room. I turned off the lights, and I started to focus to the song. The screamo calmed me down. I liked the title of the song. Then, a few weeks later I saw Helena on MTV. I thought it was a creative rock vid. So, I started to search about them over the net and start downloading their songs from their first albums and heard them almost every night especially when I'm feeling down. The songs help me a lot with my mood.
December
Bleeding on the Floor
December
October 8th, 2005 at 06:15pm
i saw these commercials for the band. throught the whole commercial some body kept saying MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE. THREE CHEERS FOR SWEET REVENGE. and then they showed this dude ( Gerard) and i was like that dude from Smashing pumkings is trying to make a comeback. so i didnt like them then, but when i saw the making of IMNOK , and i found out it wasnt him, i started to like them.
Knitted.monkey.sock
Salute You in Your Grave
Knitted.monkey.sock
October 8th, 2005 at 09:28pm
ummm thats...strange....i guess but then okay...soo know whot i'mt alking about