Don't have an account? Create one!

How you discovered mcr! (and is mainstream really that bad!)

AuthorMessage
Pansy.
Always Born a Crime
Pansy.
October 9th, 2006 at 11:09am
erm.. my brother bought Life On The Murder Scene and i sat with him and watched it and it was about 3 in the morning.. and i was seriusly tired but by the end of it i was awake as.. thats when my love for Frank started blooming.. Smile
my friend downloaded Three Cheers.. and she put it on a CD for me and i loved it so i bought the actual CD and then i got Bullets...
I don't really mind if their going mainstream.. i would prefer them not to.. but it's not as if we ow them.. at least some teenies are getting taste.. no, wait.. dont go mainstream!! i can imagine it now.. "like omgz!!! Gerard Way is like the hottest hawt in the history of like, ever! wouldn't him and Linsdy Lohan like,make such a cute pair.. like OMGZ!!"
*shudders*
ergh.. i think not.
p a n d a_xx
Salute You in Your Grave
p a n d a_xx
October 9th, 2006 at 11:13am
My friends dad.
He knew I liked rock music alot. So he sat me down and made me listen to I Brought You My Bullets...
And it all began from there. Now he regrets making me listen to them, because I wont shut up about them lol.

About being manstream:

I dont mind it, but when the preps begin to have there songs on there myspace's saying "The lead singer is omfg sooooooooooooooooooo hot." Thats when I get pissed. They only like MCR because Gerard is cute. Not because they have a message to spread. In english we had a project to do, and part of the project said to have a song which goes along with what your writing about. So I chose Skylines and Turnstyles. And this 'Die hard MCR fan' was like " Who the hell are they?" and I was like "My Chemical Romance." and she was like. "That sounds nothing like them, then what album is this from?" and me "There first one." and she was like "No, there first one is Three Cheers For Sweet Reveng." And my jaw dropped. I was like "No, there first cd is I brought you my bullets, you brought me your love." And she turned bright red.
streetlight n lovers
Thinking Happy Thoughts
streetlight n lovers
October 20th, 2006 at 02:19am
TV-they're playing Helena video..I was stunned to see the video and like "OMFG!"
about the mainstream,i guess it's ok for them to be mainstream..We can't forbid the band we love to be success. I want to see MCR to be success,and i want them to be a legend..But i can't stand teenies (like my cousin),who only like MCR physically...
Punk_Bling_Girl_85
Bleeding on the Floor
Punk_Bling_Girl_85
October 20th, 2006 at 05:07am
Every thursday night in a club called the krazyhouse in liverpool they would play this song, and id be like oh my god thats amazing! Id wait for it to come on every week, not knowing who the hell it was! The one week I asked the DJ, its a band called My Chemical Romance he said, and their the purpose of my life was found Smile well a big influence on my life at least!
Punk_Bling_Girl_85
Bleeding on the Floor
Punk_Bling_Girl_85
October 20th, 2006 at 05:09am
As for the whole mainstream thing, I really don't mind again, because if somehow I hade been living under a rock, and I hadent heard of mcr before, they I would still love them just as much as i do now, I think its really harsh to tell someone they are not allowed to like a band unless they have been there from the begining of their career!
shishio
Demolition Lover
shishio
October 20th, 2006 at 11:32am
Give 'Em Hell Kid was on some compilation CD and I really liked so I bought their CD's and I then I got addicted to them.
As for being ''mainstream'' I really couldn't care less.
jimbobsimon
Killjoy
jimbobsimon
October 21st, 2006 at 01:46pm
Heard my sister listening to them, got some of their songs bought their album and now hyped up for their next one!
Neurotically Yours
Killjoy
Neurotically Yours
October 21st, 2006 at 03:09pm
Well I got totally wrecked at some house party somewhere and I was coming down in the living room and this guy was lying passed out next to me so I helped myself to his MP3 player (just to listen, i gave it back) and I was flicking through his songs and Headfirst For Halos came on. My first reaction was how it really touched me and two days later I found myself buying I Brought You My Bullets. I dont really give that their mainstream now, their music helped me and I love them.

I think that answers all your questions....
avianamity
Killjoy
avianamity
October 22nd, 2006 at 12:09am
I was at a friends house and she had a video on her computer (I think it was I'm not okay (i promise) but i'm not sure) they were always kind of in the back of my mind then I started working at Suncoast Video (same company as Sam Goody at the time) and I got to listening to them again and now I am totally obsessed and totally in love!
Lost
Killjoy
Lost
October 22nd, 2006 at 06:17am
One my friend on one friends site saw that everybody wrote that Helena is the best song.. and so go on..
she download Helena and it was alternetive, she knew that i like alternetive musc, she send it to me. I like it, and i got others song of them.
x.lady.of.sorrows.x
Really Not Okay
x.lady.of.sorrows.x
October 24th, 2006 at 04:44pm
saucealexman:
Heard my sister listening to them, got some of their songs bought their album and now hyped up for their next one!

ditto...

i dont really think that mainstreams that bad, but i kind of miss the fact that they're probably not going to be able to do as many small venues anymore...
Phoebizzle
Really Not Okay
Phoebizzle
October 24th, 2006 at 05:25pm
i was on quizilla and saw the INO video
punkfreak666
Killjoy
punkfreak666
October 24th, 2006 at 05:27pm
My very first time when i saw "My chemical romance" was on mtv! My very very first reaction was "ahhhh! just another stupid punk band that sucks"!! But that all CHANGED when I saw "helena"! Helena changed me, changed everything about me, and I was so happy, that video made me cry and feel what the vocalist felt! It was so touching! I WAS LIKE " WOW! I REALLY MISJUDGED YOU GUYS!" THOSE GUYS CAN ROCK! AND IT JUST SO HAPPENS THAT I CAN'T GET ENOUGH OF THEM! I WANT TO BE ABLE TO TOUR WITH THEM AND BE WITH THEM! I'D DO ANYTHING FOR THAT TO HAPPEN!! EVERYDAY ALL DAY I WEAR ALMOST ALL OF MCR'S T-SHIRTS AND MOST OF THEM ARE HOME MADE! AND I ALSO HAVE A PAIR OF JEANS WITH ALL OF THE BAND X BAND MEMBERS AND ALMOST ALL THEIR SONGS AND QUOTES!!! MCR LOVER!!!! I ALSO SUFFER FROM A GERARD WAY ADDICTION!!!!
Mud
Really Not Okay
Mud
October 27th, 2006 at 12:31am
TRL. Bite me. Haha! I didn't like them then tho... I guess they kind of grew on me gradually.
Shotgun Sinner
Killjoy
Shotgun Sinner
October 27th, 2006 at 01:56am
From my awesome friends Mhairi and Tegan <3
its.a.fuckin.deathwish
Killjoy
its.a.fuckin.deathwish
October 27th, 2006 at 06:15am
i'm sorry but wen i think of them as mainstream now i reli wanna cry!
Mrs GeeBee Way
Killjoy
Mrs GeeBee Way
October 27th, 2006 at 07:05am
1. My sister was listening to Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge in our bedroom, i went in briefly, thought, this is good music...and went out
2. I saw I'm Not Okay on Kerrang!
3. I saw Helena on Scuzz
4. I downloaded songs and listened to them 24/7
5. I realised the band were me and were listened to the first album
6. I became obsessed and my head is now buzzing because of memories and also because of My Chem overload, I have to go scream to shake it out!!!!!!!!
I FUCKING LOVE MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Joko
Killjoy
Joko
October 27th, 2006 at 07:25am
I discovered them on YouTube.
I watched their vidio for I'm Not Okay and fell in love with them Wink Smile
liquidak
Killjoy
liquidak
October 27th, 2006 at 07:43am
1. Well on msn I had some lyrics in my name from a band called Bowling For Soup. One of my contacts noticed this and we began talking about music, he said about how he used to like Bowling For Soup but now had moved on to bands such as My Chemical Romance. I thought they would be worth a listen so I headed straight to their website and watched the Helena, I'm Not Okay and Ghost of You videos. This was about 2 years ago I'd say, maybe a little less.

2. Wow, these guys are amazing! I fell in love with their music within the first minute of Helena, and the next day went out and got TCFSR.

3. Not at all, I'm very happy for the boys getting the recognition that they deserve, let the teenies do what they want, they'll move on soon once MCR stops spiking their intrest, then it'll be just us loyal fans again.
The Jack Of Spades.
Salute You in Your Grave
The Jack Of Spades.
October 27th, 2006 at 08:05am
1) Made friends with emo person. Am still friends with. Though now we have more to talk about....
2) Saw picture of Gerard. Went to find out more
3) Fell slowly into this kind of music. Fell quickly for gerard.
4) Became addicted, and listen to MCR ever since