Don't have an account? Create one!

How you discovered mcr! (and is mainstream really that bad!)

AuthorMessage
the_Saminator
Thinking Happy Thoughts
the_Saminator
December 3rd, 2006 at 03:16pm
Well, I first heard them while I was going through the channels and quickly stopped on MTV and said "Wow, they're osm" but, I'd have to thank my best friend Camilla for getting hooked... Thnx Camilla ily!!!1
Bullet.
Salute You in Your Grave
Bullet.
December 3rd, 2006 at 04:03pm
My brother said there was a realy good single called Welcome To The Black Parade out by a crappy band called My Chemical Romance. I happened to turn on the TV half way through it and thought OMG this is amazing. Then afterwards, I remembered that i'd seen there old singles and loved them (Helena, GOY, INO). I just hadn't remembered the band, i went out straight away to buy there last album, and bought there new one as soon as it came out.

I am now a fully fledged fanVery Happy
Mocker
Salute You in Your Grave
Mocker
December 3rd, 2006 at 06:35pm
I was at my sister's house watching TV and MTV Hits was on. I had my attention toawrds my computer but i heard this voice come on "You like D&D, Audry (you know the rest) and i looked to the TV to see this music video start and was basically instantly in love............with Ray. LOL im kidding, not in love but i thought he was the coolest looking dude on the planet and just liked the way he played. Anyway i just really liked the song. Just the whole craziness of it and the energy gerard brought to the vocals. Everything.

Been a fan ever since Very Happy
Tway
Killjoy
Tway
December 4th, 2006 at 06:51pm
Um, I saw the i'm not okay video and then I baught Three Cheers and then I realized that they had another album which turned out to be Bullets, and yeah. I love them to death.I am a proud mcr fan and i always will be!
Mad World.
Shotgun Sinner
Mad World.
December 4th, 2006 at 10:35pm
I found the not okay video on fuse tv when it first came out (it was much music then), and fell in love with them. their message was so clear and in your face.
stuck_inside_at_3:09
Killjoy
stuck_inside_at_3:09
December 5th, 2006 at 01:21am
I heard The Ghost of You on some radio show just over a year ago. It wasn't a mainstream one. I really liked it so I got Three Cheers and loved it to bits.

Maybe two months after that I got I Brought You My Bullets, and loved it to bits.

When I saw that Welcome To The Black Parade had got to No.1 in my country I actually started to blither and couldn't say a distinguishable word for 5 minutes.

And now everyone at school likes that stupid song.

Conversation between me and retard at school:

Them: "Do you like My Chemical Romance? I love them"
Me: "Yeah. What's your favourite song?"
Them: "Welcome To The Black Parade"
Me: "Mine's Demolition Lovers"
Them: *Feels stupid for not knowing the song*

It's just dumb. Why can't they actually listen to more than one song before they say they like a band.
vito himself!
Killjoy
vito himself!
December 5th, 2006 at 09:44am
i like mcr
Ms. Vampire
Fabulous Killjoy
Ms. Vampire
December 5th, 2006 at 09:58pm
Skate and surf!
xXDr. KrazyXx
Fabulous Killjoy
xXDr. KrazyXx
December 6th, 2006 at 12:13am
I first encountered MCR by listening to Helena. I thought it was an awesome song. Then making me fall into a pit of MCR-Obssession. Finally, I got their first CD and I have yet to put it down.Smile The only bad thing about them hitting mainstream is that a whole bunch of stupid new 'fans' are like "OMG! Gerard is so hot!" and can't even name two of MCR's songs.
xXDr. KrazyXx
Fabulous Killjoy
xXDr. KrazyXx
December 6th, 2006 at 12:15am
But, other than that, I am VERY proud of them!
PenisPie
Bleeding on the Floor
PenisPie
December 6th, 2006 at 02:14am
I never knew who they were until I bought the black parade box and was then addicted to them =D
EyesOfACriminal
Banned
EyesOfACriminal
December 6th, 2006 at 02:22am
I first found My Chemical Romance by seeing the I'm Not Okay vid on telly last year. I'd heard of them before but then I just totally fell in love with MCR!!! I bought Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge and I started to totally understand MCR's lyrics..... My Chemical Romance has pulled me out of the tough times and REALLY sad times. Anyway....
katexcore
Jazz Hands
katexcore
December 6th, 2006 at 03:55am
I heard Demolition Lovers, I think it was on Kerrang radio, back in 2002/3.
Fell in love with that song, found them on the internet.
I brought Bullets a few months after that.
And they've been my favorite band ever since.
whitney.
Shotgun Sinner
whitney.
December 7th, 2006 at 01:21pm
i discovered them....
i saw helena on tv and i LOVED it and i got into their music =D
Bloodyskettios
Jazz Hands
Bloodyskettios
December 7th, 2006 at 01:28pm
I first encountered MCR when I met a girl on my bus (she's one of my closest friends) last year and I was going through a really hard time and she burned me both three cheers and bullets... within two days I'd bought both and was hooked... they've helped me find myself (it's crazy sounding I know but it's the truth) and have helped me through a lot of shitty times. ^.^ the first song i'd ever heard was Helena.
KissTheBride
Thinking Happy Thoughts
KissTheBride
December 7th, 2006 at 04:59pm
I was watching TV and saw helena, And I just though... Hmm cool band.
But the song that struck me was Ghost of You
Ms. Vampire
Fabulous Killjoy
Ms. Vampire
December 7th, 2006 at 05:30pm
Ah, I forgot to answer the second part. Them making money and having lots of fans is a good thing. But like everything else, if it's popular, you're bound to have the poser fans. I don't mean to say that they're poser punks/goths/whatever, but that they pretend to be fans but only like them for their pretty faces. When I was at the NJ Black Parade signing, me and a few people were talking about Matt vs. Bob and some girl in the front of the line said "Who's Bob?" These are the type of people I mean.

Another example of a poser fan (but not of MCR) is this: I got annoyed at a customer wearing an AFI t-shirt and he bought the skeleton Heartagram hoodie and when I asked him if he's a big HIM fan, he replied "I don't listen to that rock shit." I feel lik going to Epic and buying an expensive Sean John hoodie and saying "Fuck Diddy. I don't listen to that rap shit."
The Jack Of Spades.
Salute You in Your Grave
The Jack Of Spades.
December 8th, 2006 at 04:25am
Malus:
Ah, I forgot to answer the second part. Them making money and having lots of fans is a good thing. But like everything else, if it's popular, you're bound to have the poser fans. I don't mean to say that they're poser punks/goths/whatever, but that they pretend to be fans but only like them for their pretty faces. When I was at the NJ Black Parade signing, me and a few people were talking about Matt vs. Bob and some girl in the front of the line said "Who's Bob?" These are the type of people I mean.

Another example of a poser fan (but not of MCR) is this: I got annoyed at a customer wearing an AFI t-shirt and he bought the skeleton Heartagram hoodie and when I asked him if he's a big HIM fan, he replied "I don't listen to that rock shit." I feel lik going to Epic and buying an expensive Sean John hoodie and saying "Fuck Diddy. I don't listen to that rap shit."
Agreed. I know this girl, and she had like, a black parade t-shirt? She had dyed her hair black ect. and im like, "so u liked MCR" and shes like, "f-k no, the lead's gay isnt he?"

anyway, i was introduced by a friend, who played me demo lovers. hes like "OMG u DONT hate it???" and anyway, i didnt start LISTENING until i saw a picture of the band. Am now completely hooked. really weird, considering i used to listen to like, the veronicas ect. i am a convert.
rumored nights.
Salute You in Your Grave
rumored nights.
December 9th, 2006 at 12:03am
1) When I was like...11 and I saw the Helena video.
2) I was like Wow. I like this.
3)No, not really. To me all it means is there getting the attention that they deserve but I dislike like thoughs little MTV teenies ruining all the good music...with there dang preppy.
whitney.
Shotgun Sinner
whitney.
December 9th, 2006 at 07:08am
But to be more specific, I saw Helena and Ghost Of You on television, and I thought they were really great. So, I had my friend burn me Bullets and Revenge. I got into those CD's and it happened to fast, I was shocked.
I realized, I LOVE THIS BAND!
So, I got really into them and BOUGHT the Black Parade haha and now they're my favorite band. x)