Don't have an account? Create one!

How you discovered mcr! (and is mainstream really that bad!)

AuthorMessage
*Is_This_It*
Killjoy
*Is_This_It*
December 9th, 2006 at 09:00am
I saw Im Not Okay on TRL
Leading me to MCR was the only good thing TRL has ever done in my eyes
other than that,FUCK MTV Smile
x Ash x
Fabulous Killjoy
x Ash x
December 9th, 2006 at 09:18am
I saw the video to Helena about a year or so ago and i loved it. I downloaded the song and then got Three Cheers... for Christmas.
zacky vengeance
In The Murder Scene
zacky vengeance
December 9th, 2006 at 10:12am
We Played this game where you guess someones favortie things and My Friend Lucy made me guess her fav band and she said My Chemical Romance so i was like who r they then later that day i saw Helena Loved The Song then My Mum Got Me Three Cheers the Next Week and Loved them since this was Late 2004
Boys Night Out
Salute You in Your Grave
Boys Night Out
December 9th, 2006 at 02:42pm
1. My brother intoduced me to them..and now he says how much he hates them. go figure. lol.

2. I saw the video for Helena and I was like..wow...they are really hot. hahaa..but then i listened to the song and lyrics and took my brothers. 3 cheers record and listened to it like 3 times in a row.
they are truly amazing. and have saved my life. Smile

3. Not at all..sometimes annoying..but not really.
crazy_emu
Joining The Black Parade
crazy_emu
December 9th, 2006 at 03:33pm
bored in maths listenin 2 ova ppl an they sed the band were ace so i got some songs n i was hooked
daniel radcliffe.
In a Bullet's Embrace
daniel radcliffe.
December 10th, 2006 at 10:28pm
i was looking around the internet and found them
Sammie
Really Not Okay
Sammie
December 11th, 2006 at 09:35am
1) I only found out about them a few weeks ago. I'd heard the name but never really listened to them. I didn't really like that kind of music then but then I heard Welcome to the Black Parade.. I searched the internet to find out who it was and I found the video and I was like wow!

2) I guess I answered that in question one..

3) Not really.. if they are still coming out with good songs, then it doesnt really change anything. They deserve all the success they get!
mcr_ismyonly_love_
Killjoy
mcr_ismyonly_love_
December 11th, 2006 at 09:51am
1. i heard their single I'm not Okay ( I Promise)
2. i started jumping around and just sang along to the words.
3.I'm not upset with the mainstream thing..I will never ever get upset with MCR
purveyors of dreams.
Salute You in Your Grave
purveyors of dreams.
December 11th, 2006 at 11:32am
1.I first knew about them when my best friend mistook Gerard for Jack Black a few years back(long black hair period), I wasn't really into that kind of music then, I used to listen to mandopop alot, then I fell in love with them recently after listening to Welcome To The Black Parade, and their other songs too.

2.My brother and I sat on the couch and and stared wide-eyed at their video, then I listened to him read out their wikipedia page.

3.I can't get mad at them, so long as they continue making music and staying true to their messages in their songs.
Celipink
Killjoy
Celipink
December 11th, 2006 at 05:57pm
1. my cousin told me about them while i was in mexico.
2. if it makes my parent mad then im ok with it
and 3. i saw their viedo "welcome to the black parade"
it all kinda started with me being mad at my parents so they didnt like this music so i listened to it. then after a while i kinda liked it.....
Jeffree Star
Motor Baby
Jeffree Star
December 12th, 2006 at 11:47am
The first time I saw Helena on tv with my mom. We were like wow that's hott. For my b-day i got an ipod and the first song i put on it was Helena .
The real time was when my "luver" (LOL) put on Demolition Lovers on and we made out to the song and I discovered that I loved my luver till death.
besides MCR.
Katie With A 'K'
Joining The Black Parade
Katie With A 'K'
December 12th, 2006 at 06:24pm
My friend Emily told me to listen to them (back when they had the original I'm Not Okay video). I listenedto/watched it, but didn't love it. Then AOL Music had an advertisement saying how great Helena was a couple weeks later... so I watched it. And fell. Hard.
Spiderpig
Banned
Spiderpig
December 13th, 2006 at 12:45pm
i heard on them kerrang once, and at that time i was a falloutboy freak, i though gee was cute then got hooked to them.the vid was i,m not okkkkkkkkk. Dance
(now i hate fob coz i just reliased how ugly pete wentz was when i saw gerard)
addict for dramatics
Thinking Happy Thoughts
addict for dramatics
December 26th, 2006 at 02:28am
My friend from NJ saw them at some local place with Pencey Prep and he told me about them.
Liked 'em ever since.

: )
oh! darling
Motor Baby
oh! darling
December 26th, 2006 at 08:16am
1.my ex-best friend introduced me to them
2. i could not believe i actually liked this 'heavy music' ( i was a green day, good charlotte, simple plan fan back then..)
3. it sometimes bug me, but only in the way that people who used to laugh at my taste in music now come up to me and tell me how great MCR is, and who just understand anything about this band. but that's not the bands fault, and i'm happy for them that their hard work is paying off.plus MCR stays true to us, so in my opinion they havent sold out or anything..
x-Murdered Love-x
Thinking Happy Thoughts
x-Murdered Love-x
December 26th, 2006 at 01:12pm
My sisters Best Friend showed them to me and I instantly fell in love.
Total Phreek
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Total Phreek
December 26th, 2006 at 05:46pm
1. The first time i heard them was on this CD with loads of artists and they were on it with the song Helena.
2. I loved the song but i got really depressed shortly after hearing it (not because of it though!) and the song Helena was the only music i would listen to, wherever i went i was listening to that song and it would the only thing i heard.
3. I am not depressed anymore (well, not as i know, lol) and i am kinda happy about them going into the mainstream, i wouldn't of gone back to listening to them (as i had only heard the song Helena and after i was not depressed i didn't really listen to it) so without everyone going on about them i wouldn't of started listening to them again.
Alejandra Arzate
Killjoy
Alejandra Arzate
December 26th, 2006 at 07:45pm
i discovered them last year,but i was from this one girl that was always talking about the,..i said to myself,..:thats hella creppy,but then i heard helena and liked it,now i know all their songs by memory exept maybe 4 songs,..but i know ALL the songs in THE BLACK PARADE,....i kind of know them all by mem,..i love MCR
DeCiMaTeD_DrEaMs
Bleeding on the Floor
DeCiMaTeD_DrEaMs
December 27th, 2006 at 12:26am
oh man i like to remember stuff like this lol
errmm...well it was summer 2004 i was bored and depresed watching videos on yahoo and the vid came up and i loved the song and the video which i thought was pretty kool Razz and i just kept listening to the song lol and searched them online and thats it. .

and saw an interview of them on yahoo as well something about "whos next "

i dont think i saw them on mtv until "helena"

i luv them!!
Sexual Kryptonite
Banned
Sexual Kryptonite
December 27th, 2006 at 12:35am
I saw their Low Profile in Alternative Press after "I Brought you my Bullets......" came out, and I ordered the CD right after that.