Don't have an account? Create one!

How you discovered mcr! (and is mainstream really that bad!)

AuthorMessage
Pen Name
Shotgun Sinner
Pen Name
October 31st, 2006 at 02:11am
well my sister was listening to them, i saw them on t.v and thought they were like every other band, but then i went to my cousins house and they fourced me to watch their dvd. after i saw most of the dvd i decided to LISTEN to the music and HEAR what they had to say and i have loved them ever since
kerosenekiss666
Killjoy
kerosenekiss666
November 3rd, 2006 at 12:13pm
I was really into other punk bands like Good Charlotte, Misfits, and The Used. When I moved to another school, with band names and pictures plastered all over my binder, alot of the gothy people asked me if I liked My Chemical Romance. And I was like "...Who??"
So, I got my friend to burn me a copy, and I knew I'd really like this band by hearing the very first song, Helena
Smashed Pumpkin
Salute You in Your Grave
Smashed Pumpkin
November 14th, 2006 at 09:45pm
we had to analyse a song of social or politcal concern for english, and this girl in my english class who i kind of knew did her assignment on the Ghost of You and showed the clip in class. at first i was just meh...i didn't really like it. but then i remembered it and downloaded the song (please don't hurt me) and kept listening to it...then i downloaded Helena...and then i bought Three Cheers. and then LOTMS and then Bullets and then Black Parade...and yeah, you get the idea. Very Happy
Fatally Yours
Jazz Hands
Fatally Yours
November 14th, 2006 at 09:53pm
Saw videos and interviews of them on FUSE, the year they were the "breakout band" on Warped Tour. I then went out and bought Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge later on.
bound and gagged
Bulletproof Heart
bound and gagged
November 14th, 2006 at 09:53pm
I guess WTTBP is being played on all the mainstream stations here
xoxo...GossipGirl
Thinking Happy Thoughts
xoxo...GossipGirl
November 15th, 2006 at 11:17am
I've only just got into MCR really. I saw the video for Welcome to the Black Parade and i was like, i really like this song! Then i heard it a couple more times and loved it so i downloaded it! Then a couple of my friends went to see them and told me to listen to their album so i did....and thats about it!

Also i think its good that they've gone mainstream. How could it be bad?! They've got way more fans now!
x_early_x_sunsets_x
Jazz Hands
x_early_x_sunsets_x
November 15th, 2006 at 02:11pm
I only started listening to MCR 5 or 6 months ago, they were a band that I'd always heard people talking about but never actually listened to. But one day I was bored and just decided to listen to them, so I downloaded a few songs at random (I'm not okay, you know what they do to guys like us in prison and it's not a fashion statement were the first i think), and liked them immediately. I remember I would just listen to those 3 songs on repeat, I loved them so much straight away.
I think the mainstream thing is both good and bad. I'm glad that the band are sucessful; they deserve it. But I hate it when bands become a trend that everyone listens to just to be the same as each other, and sometimes the popular thing can go to a bands head too, but I don't think that will happen with MCR... they aren't like that. And they will continue to make good music whether they are mainstream or not.
zacky vengeance
In The Murder Scene
zacky vengeance
November 16th, 2006 at 08:52pm
we were playing that game like when you guess someones Favorite Thing and one of my friends is like " MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE" so im like hmmmm then eariler after school that day i heard Honey This Mirror Isnt Big Enough For The Both Of Us on the Radio and i said they sound good so i decided to Buy the CD and thats how i got into them and been in love since...that was about 2003ish...
ElizasMAMA
Fabulous Killjoy
ElizasMAMA
November 28th, 2006 at 06:12pm
well i went to one of my friends birthday partys and she got thier cd and put it in and the song that i first liked on there was "helena" but i just forgot about until wen i was at my friend asia's house and it was on a music channel ontv and so i decided to just look them up and here i am..in luv lol
ladypeace
Bleeding on the Floor
ladypeace
November 28th, 2006 at 11:03pm
I heard drowning lessons on radioblogclub.com 2 years ago
listens to some other songs by them, kind of forgot about them until autumn 2005 when i heard they were coming to denmark, wanted to go see them didn't get any ticktes cursed myself, and tried to not listening to them again... haha.. it worked untill this summer when i heard they we're making a new album.
i kinda liked it at first that they got mainstream because that meant they were coming to sweden to play for the first time.. and i didn't want to miss that !!
Shotgun Sarah;;
Joining The Black Parade
Shotgun Sarah;;
November 29th, 2006 at 04:21pm
About 2 years ago i was round my friends and she put Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge on and i feel in love with it and within a week i was obbsessed.

And yeah i was upset when they became mainstream.
mainly because loadsa people at my school who always called me a "goth" and "emo" for liking there songs were suddenly in love with Welcome To The Black Parade .. just because it was in the charts.. i was so pissed of!! And then when i told them it was the same band they denied ever calling me names ... Stupid people
sc_mcr
Killjoy
sc_mcr
November 29th, 2006 at 04:25pm
i was listening to the prieviews in hmv about 1 1/2 years ago and i loved mcr so i got three cheers... Clap
Awake And Unafraid
Killjoy
Awake And Unafraid
November 30th, 2006 at 03:38pm
not sure how long ago. my brother got me into rock music and we use to watch rock music channel all the time. i saw the im not okay video and then the helena and ghost of you videos and loved them all so made my brother burn me a copy of three cheers. he got to go to a mcr concert back then- which he said was great- and I'm so jelous.
Lauren_B
Killjoy
Lauren_B
November 30th, 2006 at 04:14pm
My friend Nicole told me all about MCR when "Bullets" came out so I went and brought it. and I loved them since.
bloody_raven
Joining The Black Parade
bloody_raven
November 30th, 2006 at 11:50pm
I heard them on this dudes computer at school at the beginning of the year, but didnt know who they were... i heard em again on the radio and have loved them eva since! Clap Dance Nyam
Neo Universe
Joining The Black Parade
Neo Universe
December 1st, 2006 at 12:39am
i got into them when helena came out, and i went got both of there records at the same time. cuz i did my research and saw that they made bullets first. i feel in love with bullets. also about the mainstream i really dont think it is bad cuz it is kind of like u are telling a friend about them. MCR went mainstream to tell people that everyone is the same no matter how u live, and mcr makes music bcuz they want there music to mean something to the people who listen to them. so i think going mainstream is not bad.
normal's overrated.
In The Murder Scene
normal's overrated.
December 1st, 2006 at 06:52am
three years ago at november to january time i was filcking through radio stations and i heard thank you for the venom and now that has become my favorite song of all time and i dnt think that mainstream is bad at all because it's speading the word and getting the message across
bring more knives.
Demolition Lover
bring more knives.
December 3rd, 2006 at 10:36am
my friend sent me couple of their songs and i listened them, and though they were okay, and bit later i couldn't think anyhting else,like i still can't.
and it was about one year ago.
bring more knives.
Demolition Lover
bring more knives.
December 3rd, 2006 at 10:37am
and after that i have (of course) get all possibly stuff and everything:]
Klaus.
Motor Baby
Klaus.
December 3rd, 2006 at 01:14pm
i totally fell in love with the song helena on my 14th birthday when it was on a mix CD, and have been obsessed since