Don't have an account? Create one!

MOSH PIT STORIES!

AuthorMessage
Ghostbuster famous
Salute You in Your Grave
Ghostbuster famous
October 4th, 2006 at 12:30pm
nice one!

but damn about the lack of WOD. If your ribs are still a hurting like hell tomorrow I'd go and get them looked at. Or maybe compare them to the ones at dont hurt.... or something
Asuka.
Salute You in Your Grave
Asuka.
October 5th, 2006 at 02:21am
The last mosh pit I was in was for The All American Rejects and I fell over in it XD
best night.
This Time Imperfect
Thinking Happy Thoughts
This Time Imperfect
October 5th, 2006 at 08:34pm
nah, they feel better, just that kind of exhausted feeling... and I got a few good bruises on my ribs... but they're better, just the bruises hurt.

Some jerk guy in the merch line-up was standing with his arms around his girlfriend, and he had his elbows out and was digging one of them into my ribs, like totally digging it into me, so I was like "Can you get your fucking elbow out of my ribs" and he was like "Well why dont you stop trying to cut in line" then I just got pissed and I was like "I've been here for almost an hour, it's my turn to get to the front, so why dont you stop fucking hurting me"... and he still didn't move it, so I jammed my elbow down on his arm and pushed him away, and when I was at the front.. before him of course.. I felt him sticking his elbow in my back again, but I couldn't turn around so I nailed him with my foot.

so I have nice bruise from that asshole.
Ghostbuster famous
Salute You in Your Grave
Ghostbuster famous
October 7th, 2006 at 08:12am
glad to hear your ribs are doing okay. ^^
Matthew Mitcham.
Bleeding on the Floor
Matthew Mitcham.
October 9th, 2006 at 11:45am
Well, although I've no super exciting tales from actual mosh pits, I do have a short story of something that took place today.
A band, of which the name I've completely forgotten, came in to play at our school, this lunch time. They were a pretty decent band, made up of drums, bass and two guitars. Oh, and a singer of course. All of the guys were in their mid twenties, so it wasn't just your average teenage pop bands.
Anyway, as they began to play, people started to move towards the front of the hall and start dancing. A couple of people were jumping and half moshing, but it wasn't all that exciting. Then, me and my friend decided to push our way into the middle and start to jump up and down, whilst waving our arms madly ^_^
As we started bumping into people, they began to mosh too. Ergo a min mosh pit is born.
Needless to say, we were chucked out before the crowd surfing could begin xD
youarenotonfire
Killjoy
youarenotonfire
October 10th, 2006 at 09:28am
you had a band perform at luch? at school? thats awsome!!! lol thats too bad that you got taken out before the crowdsurfing though
Ghostbuster famous
Salute You in Your Grave
Ghostbuster famous
October 10th, 2006 at 12:26pm
nice one Frankles!

AFI was fucking rad. Stories later my friends.
mullet.
Really Not Okay
mullet.
October 12th, 2006 at 04:39pm
the last mosh pit i was in was at a yellowcard concert.
we were bored and started one.
and some cute guy kissed me
Killing_Jar
Really Not Okay
Killing_Jar
October 12th, 2006 at 06:09pm
...this makes me not want to go in a mosh pit. someone would probably hit me and id get all teary eyed, "heyyyy! hehe. well, who knows. maybe ill go cray zay and TRY and go up there so i can see them upclose.being the jealous person that i am, i'll probably go for it. im sure itd be surreal though...being so close to them. maybe ill wear doc martens or tightly laced boots for the occasion..dont wanna lose my shoes...
now im a bit scared.
someone console me.
please Sad
FlamingXbaby
Thinking Happy Thoughts
FlamingXbaby
October 12th, 2006 at 08:33pm
Don't worry about it, it's easy to get out.
At most concerts. Not metal or stuff like that.
Punk concerts have really nice moshers.
The pit people are usually very supportive and willing to help people.
It's safe as long as you avoid people who are punching and kicking, AKA hardcore dancing. And don't be unecassarily rough. There's a lot of unspoken laws for pits, and you'll learn them with time.
Pit people are some of the most friendly people I've ever met. And if you want to crowd surf, go up to some big dude by the edge of the pit and scream "UP!" and point up.
Killing_Jar
Really Not Okay
Killing_Jar
October 13th, 2006 at 01:13am
FlamingXbaby:
Don't worry about it, it's easy to get out.
At most concerts. Not metal or stuff like that.
Punk concerts have really nice moshers.
The pit people are usually very supportive and willing to help people.
It's safe as long as you avoid people who are punching and kicking, AKA hardcore dancing. And don't be unecassarily rough. There's a lot of unspoken laws for pits, and you'll learn them with time.
Pit people are some of the most friendly people I've ever met. And if you want to crowd surf, go up to some big dude by the edge of the pit and scream "UP!" and point up.

thanks girl. that makes me feel better Smile
Ghostbuster famous
Salute You in Your Grave
Ghostbuster famous
October 13th, 2006 at 08:32am
FlamingXbaby:
And if you want to crowd surf, go up to some big dude by the edge of the pit and scream "UP!" and point up.

ahahah I had to do that not once but teice on monday. No room to breath. But yeah.

Ahahaha when I was making my way back froward after walking around. I stopped to take a picture and the chorus started and BAM! pit opened up with me in the middle. Just my luck eh?
This Time Imperfect
Thinking Happy Thoughts
This Time Imperfect
October 13th, 2006 at 03:21pm
yah.. when I was at AFI, I had been trying to take my phone out to take pictures, but half the time I couldn't even get my arms down to my pockets, and then people kept almost knocking it out of my hand.. making a lot of pictures of peoples heads haha.. like this

so I gave up... the calm never lasted long enough haha.
amehh
Killjoy
amehh
October 13th, 2006 at 03:37pm
My first moshpit was at Slam Dunk Festival in May. It wasn't painful at all (except when a stupid crowsurfer landed on my head and when people were pushing from each side, hurt my breastbone haha) but I was getting the air squished out of me at the bar thingie... that was horrible. I stayed in there for 6.5 hours though. I feel proud, seeing as it wasssss my first moshpit.
But I'm really scared about going in an MCR one now, after reading all these stories. Eeek.
Benniks
Jazz Hands
Benniks
October 14th, 2006 at 04:46am
My first pit was at a local gig it was great appart from i had no where to put my feet i was standing one one foot on tipptoed for about an hour haha
miss california.
Bleeding on the Floor
miss california.
October 14th, 2006 at 07:52am
I've yet to be in a mosh pit, but i'm seeing MCR in Nov & March, and i'm standing for both so..
Should be interesting... lol
This Time Imperfect
Thinking Happy Thoughts
This Time Imperfect
October 15th, 2006 at 01:32am
~xDemolitionxLoverx~:
My first pit was at a local gig it was great appart from i had no where to put my feet i was standing one one foot on tipptoed for about an hour haha

yah.. I don't even worry about who's feet I'm stepping on, everyone's stepping on everyones feet, after Taste Of Chaos last year, my toes hurt so bad haha, it was ridiculous.

so I bought tickets today to Rise Against, Billy Talent, and Anti-flag... they went on sale at 10, we got to the front of the line at 10:15, and there were no floor tickets left... so I guess I'm just gunna try and find someone selling some.. and if I can't... I'll just take my chances and jump the boards. Because I am not being in the seats for that concert... and the best part is, I'll be 18, so I can buy beer haha.
Thursday's Child
Bleeding on the Floor
Thursday's Child
October 15th, 2006 at 01:42am
30 Seconds to Mars, I was in one of the mosh pits that Leto told us to create...
only, I was next to this pregnant woman who looked like she could be due any day, and she was screaming at me, telling me not to hit her.

which I was seriously trying not to, but it's hard when I weigh like 110 pounds and theres a a bunch of huge guys next to me trying to create this huge mosh pit.

so i moved up, and during got pushed between these two benches that everyone was standing on (if any of you have ever been to the summerfest grounds, you know what I'm talking about) and they all lost their balance and fell on top of me. So I was being crush by all these girls and their p!atd signs and had my pony tail holder ripped out of my hair in the process and my jacket nearly torn off me.

Finally a really big guy literally picked me out of all the people who were lying/standing on top of me and took me to the first aid station.

But I got this kick ass bruise that took up basically my whole arm and was shaped exactly like it was a heart.
It was fuckin great.
Benniks
Jazz Hands
Benniks
October 15th, 2006 at 06:45am
Went to a gig yesterday..

My ears have stopped ringing, but the longest thats ever gone on for is four days lol

My arms cane from moshing so much lol

x
Bess is Yoda
In The Murder Scene
Bess is Yoda
October 15th, 2006 at 09:52am
I had my first experience at a barrier last night. I've been 2nd, 3rd row before...but front row against the barrier was new for me. I got slammed into it a few times, but it wasn't too bad because it was a tiny venue and there was probably 400 people there tops.