Don't have an account? Create one!

MOSH PIT STORIES!

AuthorMessage
Detonator.
Really Not Okay
Detonator.
June 5th, 2008 at 02:37am
lol I was stuck at the edge of the mosh pit at a My Chem concert...

First I had to stand behind a girl that was hard out jumping around and knocking into me (this was during the opening bands... no one else seemed that excited!)
my god her hair was in my face all the time... so tempting to knock her over the head! Disgust
lucky I have a lot of self control Razz
she moved forwards as soon as MCR came on though... thankfully... I was already feeling my self control slipping away... I was wondering if my phone would make a good weapon...

But then I got stuck behind someone's dad, who btw obviously didn't want to be there... and was just looking after his daughter and her friends... I swear.. They were about 13 or 12 !!

and yeah... that was my experience Razz
EDIT: lol I win for the most crappiest story!
xXhopeXx
Motor Baby
xXhopeXx
June 7th, 2008 at 12:00am
hm..
mine isn't as brave as all of these
lol
i was in switchfoot at parachute
and i was with a bunch of mates.
it was all good at the start.. and we thought it would be sweet cause the pits are usually pretty tame.
but this one was like.. so super mental.
i was holding onto my mates hand who was about a metre away from me, and we were jammed up almost on the bar so needed some oxygen and i had to keep grabbing the girl who regularly fell ovwer next to me. then i almost passed out. it was not fun. there were crazy men everywhere going phsyco. so matt saw i wasn't good and i got pulled out my big security men. WHO LOST MY SHOE. but i went back after mainstage had closed and found it tehe.
xXhopeXx
Motor Baby
xXhopeXx
June 7th, 2008 at 12:01am
ahh
sorry edit gone wrong.
Fear and Regret
Crash Queen
Fear and Regret
June 21st, 2008 at 08:19pm
I wasn't techinically in a mosh pit but I was on the outside around the pit at least three feet away! My friend and I tried to get away from in but it kept spreading back getting nearer. We knew that there was going to be a mosh even before the warm up band began to play!

Dude, I'll never forget that Dethklok concert. The fact that I didn't get into a real mosh pit yet was that I was unable to see anything. I wear contacts but I had my friend's camera phone to look at as my binocalors XDDDD
sinking feeling
Thinking Happy Thoughts
sinking feeling
June 22nd, 2008 at 12:38am
i want to go in a mosh pit soo badly...unfortunately the people that i am always with make me avoid them....im very small
no face.
Awake and Unafraid
no face.
June 23rd, 2008 at 08:38am
Hmm, worst mosh pit I've ever been in has to be Bring Me The Horizon, I blame the venue more than anything, it was a club with no barrier, just a step and I was at the front, so the front people had to be on their knees so that the people behind didnt topple them over Neutral
You had the stage digging into your legs and your legs only, i was screaming the pain was so bad at stages.

Funnest mosh pit?
Hmmmmmmm. I guess The Used was entertaining XD at Taste of Chaos I was knocking teenies off the barrier because it was hilarious.

I had a very sweaty Dan from Story Of The Year lean all over me XD and one time at Avenged Sevenfold, M Shadows told the crowd more crowd surfers and my face turned basically to this DDDDD: and he pointed to me and went "You dont look too happy about it"

Well duh Matt, I LIKE SECURITY GUARDS BODIES AGAINST MY FACE AND PEOPLES LEGS KICKING MY NECK.

thats the worst part about barrier hands down, the squashing and bruising is nothing to security and crowd surfers.
Robert Corey Bryar.
Always Born a Crime
Robert Corey Bryar.
June 23rd, 2008 at 02:31pm
me and my sister went to Bamboozle Left and i was fucking terrified of mosh pits (after reading some of these stories actually Shocked) and i was even more terrified when my sister said she wanted to be right in front of the stages.. she pushed us to the front (thank Bob she did, otherwise we wouldn't have been able to see The Bouncing Souls, Anti-Flag or even MCR that close!) and i was pressed up against everyone else and it wasn't so bad.. we were almost always right next to the pits, if not right in front of the barrier... i felt like such a dumb-ass because i thought it was gonna be just this mass swell of bodies that you wouldn't be able to get out of without something being broken, but it really wasn't as bad as i thought it was gonna be Embarassed

i actually started a "pit" with this other girl at New Tomorrow's show, and all these bigger guys joined in and we got out... i would have jumped back in too, if one of the guys hadn't taken off his shirt, bc everytime one of the other guys ran into him, he shoved their heads under his armpits.. Wazuuup other than that it was pretty fun..

the only time i actually feared for my life was during Newfound Glory, of all bands... there was this massive pit and the crowd was shifting so violently i almost got knocked over... my sister got knocked down and in the process of trying to gain my balance and drag her up at the same time, this dude moshing behind me freakin spin-kicked me right in the back of the thigh... there were a couple people around us who got knocked down and when we got them up, they wanted to get out, so we all made a path and got out of there... it was crazy.. apparently before i got my sister up, some idiot stepped on her leg and almost hyperextended it..
sad savior;
Wild Eyed Joker
sad savior;
June 29th, 2008 at 03:44am
note:
if you get hurt easily do NOT go into the pit at a Mindless Self Indulgence concert. Shocked

so i wasnt in it, but i was really really near it. i fell a little a few times but the people in the pit....

they were punching and shoving and it was a really small place so people were getting shoved into people not in the pit (thats how i fell) and people were falling and running and seriously everyone was like running everywhere the whole time.
it was crazy.
lots and lots and LOTTTSS of crowd surfing too.
Paramoosh
Jazz Hands
Paramoosh
June 29th, 2008 at 09:47pm
paranoid lies.:
note:
if you get hurt easily do NOT go into the pit at a Mindless Self Indulgence concert. Shocked

so i wasnt in it, but i was really really near it. i fell a little a few times but the people in the pit....

they were punching and shoving and it was a really small place so people were getting shoved into people not in the pit (thats how i fell) and people were falling and running and seriously everyone was like running everywhere the whole time.
it was crazy.
lots and lots and LOTTTSS of crowd surfing too.

haha u were at the ny show? i was nice and safe on the balcony haha. i had a nice view of the mosh pit the people in there were insane just beating the crape out of each other. alot of big guys crowd surfing that no one could lift up. I usually like being in the action but for this one i was glad that i didn't i know i would of gotten really hurt.
Robert Corey Bryar.
Always Born a Crime
Robert Corey Bryar.
July 3rd, 2008 at 03:49pm
okies, i have an injury to add to the tally! WOOP!!

i took my sister to a Rancid show.. she had the time of her life, and i hyperextended my knee from moshing Embarassed i got really into it and started moshing and some dude kicked me right in the knee and i fell down on my leg.. i tried to get up but when i stepped on it, it snapped the wrong way and hurt like a bitch on acid.. i didn't break it, i just hyperextended it.. but i can now say i've gotten injured in a mosh pit Mr. Green
Chantal
Bleeding on the Floor
Chantal
August 5th, 2008 at 09:44pm
I completely forgot this story until now, but back in April at a My Chem show I lost my shoe in a pit. Some stepped on the toe and pulled it off,then stepped on the sock and pulled it off,and so for half of Billy Talent and all of My Chem I was shoeless. I went back about 15 minutes after the show was over and couldn't find my shoe,but I did find my disgusting sock that had been trampled on by hundreds of people.ew....So yeh I left it there.
dana eats dreams
Banned
dana eats dreams
August 11th, 2008 at 01:36am
Frankly, most pits are ridiculous. Dancing pits are one thing, because the point ISN'T to deliberitly hurt people, unlike mosh pits.
People just get hurt.

My worst experience was coincidently during a My Chemical Romance show, whilst a drunken 35 year old man started shoving my best friend who has Cancer.

It ended up in a verbal fight and him punching me in the stomach.
And him getting arrested (;
Little Miss Mental
Bleeding on the Floor
Little Miss Mental
August 11th, 2008 at 09:54am
when my friends and I went to Proj. Rev last summer we were right up near the mosh pit...it was freakin awesome...they both told me to go and join everyone, and the only reason I didn't was kinda because I was getting heat stroke, and I couldn't see anything and I almost passed out because there were so many people crammed together, and it was sooo bloody hooot!!! But it was a concert I'll ALWAYS remember!! Very Happy
les sucettes.
In The Murder Scene
les sucettes.
August 11th, 2008 at 10:00am
Not so long as others.
But me and my friend were at KoRn gig and openings were Deathstars and Flyleaf (we're both huge fans of Flyleaf). And when Deathstars started playing all the metalheads started to jump/push/whatever like crazy and i fell down and for some two seconds i thought i'll die. Since i was in panic i just grabbed someones hair and pulled myself up.
Nutella With Forks
Motor Baby
Nutella With Forks
August 11th, 2008 at 03:35pm
Most recent stupid mosh thing I've done, is headbang for almost an hour and a half straight. xD

We couldn't get a mosh pit going at that gig...
Waaay too small..
Elsa
Fabulous Killjoy
Elsa
August 15th, 2008 at 08:21am
i got my lip piercing ripped out! it was a snakebite! Sad
Gerard Way.
In the Cannibal Glow
Gerard Way.
August 16th, 2008 at 01:22am
a few days ago at The Used concert:

I guess i didn't choose a very good place to mosh because i was there among big and tall guys who keep pushing and shoving people just for the fun of it. I fell and yelled "Help me!!!" and luckily the guys stopped moshing to wait for me to get back on my feet. I nearly lost my shoes in there and I was worried because I got separated from my friend (she's a small girl so I'm afraid she might get crushed) and after a few minutes, i have to drag myself out of the pit because my chest hurts terribly.

But it was a very good show. One of the best show i've ever been to. Yes
Nutella With Forks
Motor Baby
Nutella With Forks
August 21st, 2008 at 04:34pm
I got pulled into a pit at Metallica yesterday. 0_0
It was mental though! xD

But a rucksack and a kinda shortish skirt isn't for a mosh pit..

I've got the bump on my head to remember it..
I hit it off someones steel capped shoes.
Super.Ninja.1
Killjoy
Super.Ninja.1
August 23rd, 2008 at 07:09pm
At a Paramore concert, some kids tried to make a mosh pit with such little effort, It was too pathedic, I didn't WANT to go in it.
Doll Parts
Salute You in Your Grave
Doll Parts
August 25th, 2008 at 07:45am
omg yesterday in pendulum on the last song me and my mates started a girl pit it was soo fun all the guys stood round the edge go "girl pit girl pit..." it was jokes