Don't have an account? Create one!

My Chemical Suicide Story (How MCR Saved My Life)

AuthorMessage
FUCKhollywood
Thinking Happy Thoughts
FUCKhollywood
March 30th, 2006 at 08:10pm
I get what you mean.

Punk/Emo/Whatever music changed my life, for the better.
It was cool to finally find a type of music that said what you couldn't say.
And its weird to hear them sing how you really feel.
Helix Neoplasia
Jazz Hands
Helix Neoplasia
March 30th, 2006 at 08:34pm
Well, for me...It's a little harder on me because I am reminded everytime I listen to them.

One of my best friends, who had cancer, loved this MCR band and would listen to them. She said "Hey Asia, you should really listen to them. I think you'd like them." So, I did. And I loved them. Well, my friend steadily took turns for the worse until she was eventually dying. It was extremely hard on me because we had known each other so long. Before she passed on, she said to me "Whenever I listen to them, I feel like I'm getting better, even just a little."

She passed away and on the way home from the funeral, I listened to 3 Cheers...and I felt a little better, too. These five men had helped my friend hold on for just a little longer and for that, they have my upmost respect and graditute. Even though I know it's for Gerard and Mikey's grandmother, I think the Helena video was for her. I get choked up every time I see it.
lostinthedark213
Fabulous Killjoy
lostinthedark213
March 31st, 2006 at 07:22am
I can't tell you how MCR SAVED my life because they are still SAVING it. My entire life, I've been an outcast loner and no friends. And I was and still am a sucidal person and I'd cut and I'd burn and the only thing that gets me out of the times when I'm really depressed is listening to MCR, mostly Headfirst for Halos. Recently I got a whole network of friends and they are taking care of me now and we met ebcause one of them was wearing a MCR jacket and I started talking to her.

Smile

That's my story
emilyrachel
Bleeding on the Floor
emilyrachel
March 31st, 2006 at 08:00am
yeah, mcr saved my life too. I was so suicidal and really depressed all the time until the day i heard them. when i saw the I'm Not Okay video, i felt really happy. i realized there were actually other people like me. and when i heard gerard talk about how he was depressed and suicidal, and then he got throught it, i belived i could and now i am getting through life, all because of my chemical romance.

i love them so much and i'd be dead without them. <3
Fear and Regret
Crash Queen
Fear and Regret
March 31st, 2006 at 08:06am
I was feeling really depressed for a long time until i heard My Chemical Romance. We may never know but it's something about their music and lyrics that makes us want to live again and i'm greatful for that.
if i didn't hear about this band i would still be a bitch with no real friends to talk to and be really depressed and they make those THOUGHTS go away too.
emo.hamster:

i love them so much and i'd be dead without them. <3
Kaytee Insane
Joining The Black Parade
Kaytee Insane
March 31st, 2006 at 10:24am
When I was growing up; I went to this stupid-ass Catholic School, full of preps and jocks, and there was no way I could be myself. I always felt like I had to fit-in, but no matter how hard I tried; no one would accept me. In 6th grade, my folks were talking about splitting up. It was hell when my folks lived together, though. They used to fight nonstop over the stupidest of shit. I was still pretty upset about them splitting up though. I was in a new school in 7th grade. My Dad moved out, and his 22 year-old girl-friend moved in with him into his apartment. *gags* I later found out that my Dad cheated on my Mom with her. I was depressed, and felt like he left my Mom, my brother and I, for some whore-ish 22 year-old. I was depressed all through grade 7, but I never told anyone; I made everyone believe that I was okay; if you ever saw me; you'd think that I was some whacky random person who never stopped smiling. But it ate me up inside; the divorce wasn't all that great; my folks still fought; and I dreaded going to my father's house. Then my Dad broke up with her, and was single for a while. I was still depressed, and my Dad was always sad. I felt like my family was falling apart. My Aunts wouldn't talk to my Mom anymore, they were all mad at her (my Dad's family doesn't approve of divorce), and are still mad at her. Then last summer; I saw the 'Ghost of You' video. I had heard of MCR beforehand, but I didn't think I would like them. I loved the video (and ended up crying in the end), and ended up buying their cd. They helped me get over my depression. When I saw the 'I'm Not Okay' video, I learned that it's okay to admit that you're not okay! (Now I do that, a little more often... Still gotta work on it) They're still helping me, but after watching the Life On The Murder Scene dvd, I know that you can get over anything if you get the right kinda help. Now I see the school guidance counciler, and my Dad has a new girl-friend (who is waaaaaaaay more awesome that the stupid whore he dated *gags*) and my Mom's boy-friend rocks too! I learned to appreciate the life I had, even though it sucks monkey sometimes, and well... yeah...

There's my story......... *dun dun dunnnnnnnnnnnnnnn*
Becky has a rainbow.
Always Born a Crime
Becky has a rainbow.
March 31st, 2006 at 01:04pm
MCR has brought loads of changes to lots of peoples life....they may have not saved every single one of them because they were on the brink of suicide but i bet they have helped most people along when they fall down, when their dragged down by things going on in their life of thoughts going on in their head they offer them a hand, a way to escape. MCR can save you in many ways...
Kaytee Insane
Joining The Black Parade
Kaytee Insane
March 31st, 2006 at 04:10pm
this is very true
coffeejunkielikeWHOA
Really Not Okay
coffeejunkielikeWHOA
March 31st, 2006 at 08:02pm
If anything mcr fucked me up....like before i started listening to them i was like alright but then all of the sudden when i started listening to them i started cutting and like thinking all these suicidal thoughts and evan just like realy creepy weird shit. evan tho i listen to them i still cutt and think suicidal thoughts and am very depressed but at the same time they are sorta are helping me. wanting to see them play live and meeting them is the only reason i'm still alive right now and i honestly dont know what all do after i see them live and meet them.

i guess i'm just realy screwed up and can't be fixed.
XriverXofXtearsX
Thinking Happy Thoughts
XriverXofXtearsX
April 1st, 2006 at 10:38pm
"If anything mcr fucked me up....like before i started listening to them i was like alright but then all of the sudden when i started listening to them i started cutting and like thinking all these suicidal thoughts and evan just like realy creepy weird shit. evan tho i listen to them i still cutt and think suicidal thoughts and am very depressed but at the same time they are sorta are helping me. wanting to see them play live and meeting them is the only reason i'm still alive right now and i honestly dont know what all do after i see them live and meet them.

i guess i'm just realy screwed up and can't be fixed. "

Yeah, same thing with me. Even when I listen to them, I cut and all, but in a way, it helped me. But then I bought LOTMS, and then all of a sudden, I just STOPPED cutting. I realized that if they can get throught their shit, so can I. And actually, I threw away my razorblade just a few days ago. Very Happy
And I am very happy now. =)
i'mnotokayipromise
Bleeding on the Floor
i'mnotokayipromise
April 2nd, 2006 at 12:48am
Dude, I can totally understand that.
They wanted to make music that saves lives, well it does. I've been depressed and suicidal so many times but when I listen to their music... it makes me not wanna die, it just makes me wanna live to see them again.
And_Down_We_Go
Killjoy
And_Down_We_Go
April 2nd, 2006 at 04:59am
I have never been suicidal, but MCR is still like nothing I have ever heard before...everything is so deep, I get shivers all the time from listening to it...I do get really depressed sometimes (though not suicidal) and their music makes me feel better.

Me and my other friends who like MCR always have to defend them at school...all the popular assholes reckon they are pussy emo boys...I swear I am gonna kill them all one day.
Kaytee Insane
Joining The Black Parade
Kaytee Insane
April 2nd, 2006 at 08:36pm
theres this "hardcore/metalhead" dude @ my school who goes around calling MCR posers, and calling bands he likes (eg lamb of god, slipknot, soad) friggin gods, and no one can diss his music, but he walks all over all the bands other people might like

some people gotta keep their opinions to themselves

fucking whores
normalcyisboring423
Killjoy
normalcyisboring423
April 3rd, 2006 at 09:52pm
Xx_Covered_In_Blood_xX:
When I was growing up; I went to this stupid-ass Catholic School, full of preps and jocks, and there was no way I could be myself. I always felt like I had to fit-in, but no matter how hard I tried; no one would accept me.

A-fucking-men
XxvampirepixiexX
Fabulous Killjoy
XxvampirepixiexX
April 6th, 2006 at 09:47pm
i had bn depressd for 3 yrs.i blamed it on this guy that never went out w/ me. i told myself that he was and asshole n that he was the person who caused my problems. i attemted suicide 13tyms. it was the the 6 month mark wen i first heard mcr. i was w/ my mom driving to c her family. headfirst for halos was on the college radio. it was love. it took my soul and alterded it so that i could stay alive. i told myself i would find their cd. it took me 2 yrs to find it and i had already had revenge b4 i had that. these helpd me stay alive. i was addicted. the pills the razors the guns. everthing seemd to help somewat.
it was almost the 3yr mark. i was w/ a guy who loved me for who i was not the guy i blamed everything on. my bf was gr8 but he told me i was perfect. (i no it sounds like i hav the gr8 life but i dont n didnt)i couldnt take it. i didnt no wat was rong w/ me. 5 ppl had died n 3 yrs and i didnt think i wantd to b w/ the living anymore. i didnt feel anything. i had no emotion. i was a zombie. i ate not b/c i was hungary but b/c i had to. my mother made me eat so i didnt fade away. my parents knew somthing was up but they didnt no wat to do about it. they thought i was just stressed. every night i wud lie in bed and cry my self into sleep as i listend to mcr. every night thinkn semi happy thoughts. finally i broke up w/ my bf to c if i could fix myself. he attemtded suicide b/c of it. he didnt succeed but i knew he would do it again. i got bak w/ him. i wasnt betr. i knew it would git worse. i told him goodbye again and i told him that i need to figure somthing out b4 i will b able to c the light again. to feel again. i didnt no how to say i love u, fuck, wat was love to me at that time.
i startd to fake sick to stay home from skl. i thought if he dies i will b a murderer and i should rot n hell like the rest of them. i finally caved and my parents askd me wat was wrong. i couldnt talk. my mouth wouldnt move.i was uncouncious(sp) but awake. it was like a claritin commercail.the fog. no color. then i heard in my head " we'll fly home, u and i we'll fly home... think happy thoughts..."somewhere in my mind i had mcr telling me to live. i was able to talk again. the next day i got on celexa( antidepressants)
a week l8r i told chris wat had hapnd, y i told him it was over. he told me that i should hav told him that sumthing was rong but i just thought he would say ur perfect and not talk about it again. he said that he had loved me wen we wernt together and that he still did love me. i must hav loved him wen i was "dead" otherwise i wouldnt care if he died or not,huh?
my love for mcr had grown dramaticly since my fog. i hav to hear one mcr song a day. even if i am on antidep. i still git sad but its ok b/c im still alive and i love my bf very much. we hav bn together ever since. mcr saved my life and my relationship w/ the love of my life.
ByeHalyconDays
Bleeding on the Floor
ByeHalyconDays
April 8th, 2006 at 11:00pm
My freshman of high school was living hell. I started cutting myself and fights with some of my 'friends'. For the first half of the year I was pissed off and the second half I was depressed. The two people I thought were my friends really weren't that great of friends. At the begin of summer my cousin burned the two MCR cds for me.(don't get mad I went out and bought them later) I listened to some of the songs but never really listened to them. School started and I was still miserable. Then one night I was listening to MCR before I went to sleep and I final got it. They helped me to stop cutting. If I feel down then I just listen to them. I can't really explain it but they are just telling me it will be okay and to hang in there. Its been 4 months now Thank you My chemical romance
xAsleep Or Deadx
Banned
xAsleep Or Deadx
April 10th, 2006 at 05:05am
all of your stories make me cry Crying or Very sad ...yah seriously....
i can understand what you guys have gone throught...with a little help...no with a
big help from MCR....
Believe_in_me
Motor Baby
Believe_in_me
April 10th, 2006 at 01:25pm
normalcyisboring423:
Xx_Covered_In_Blood_xX:
When I was growing up; I went to this stupid-ass Catholic School, full of preps and jocks, and there was no way I could be myself. I always felt like I had to fit-in, but no matter how hard I tried; no one would accept me.

A-fucking-men

Ha! I went to a Catholic school too, and just the fact that I like rock music was fround upon, yet everone else was listeing to rap. Rap in my opinion is worse than rock. I don't even think rock is that bad, but anyway,

I went through a period where I started taking anti-depressants, and it realy screwed w/ my brain, and I was really down on myself, any little thing bad that happend to me made it worse. I started thinking that I had the power to leave whenever I wanted to, and if I had the guts to, I didn't have to go through anymore pain. Finally I went to counseling and got some help to deal with my medication, but while I was going through all of it, I was listening to MCR, Green Day, Evanescence, or anything that would help me feel better. So when I heard on LOTMS that Gerard went through the same thing, it kinda helped, because I knew I wasn't the only one who actually started thinking crazy stuff like that.
Kaytee Insane
Joining The Black Parade
Kaytee Insane
April 10th, 2006 at 07:04pm
mUzIc_iS_mY_aNtIdRuG:
normalcyisboring423:
Xx_Covered_In_Blood_xX:

A-fucking-men

Ha! I went to a Catholic school too, and just the fact that I like rock music was fround upon, yet everone else was listeing to rap. Rap in my opinion is worse than rock. I don't even think rock is that bad, but anyway,

I went through a period where I started taking anti-depressants, and it realy screwed w/ my brain, and I was really down on myself, any little thing bad that happend to me made it worse. I started thinking that I had the power to leave whenever I wanted to, and if I had the guts to, I didn't have to go through anymore pain. Finally I went to counseling and got some help to deal with my medication, but while I was going through all of it, I was listening to MCR, Green Day, Evanescence, or anything that would help me feel better. So when I heard on LOTMS that Gerard went through the same thing, it kinda helped, because I knew I wasn't the only one who actually started thinking crazy stuff like that.

I think that My Chemical Romance understands us so well is because they've been there, done that, y'know? They're here to save lives (the wonderful lives, known as US MUAHAHA), not to make catchy songs and make money. They care about peeps like us, and they just wanna fuckin' help us!

MCR are awesome fuckers.

Oh... Happy belated birthday Gerard Way. You saved me. Yay for you... You're old now.. hehe Razz
Antichrist Superstar
Bleeding on the Floor
Antichrist Superstar
April 15th, 2006 at 12:36am
I acually found out who i was through green day and then got a lil into mcr. I hated my life and i acually did attepmt sucide,its hard to talk about but i was sooo horribally depressed and i was cutting really bad and one day i just took the razor and slit my wrists. i passed out and woke up (in lots of blood ) and mcr came on my cd...and i thouhg about what Gerard had said about his life and how he almost killed himself and i reqalized i didnt wanna die so i got up and tied off my wrists and somhow..i lived.i am thankfull for each day i am alive