Don't have an account? Create one!

My Chemical Suicide Story (How MCR Saved My Life)

AuthorMessage
Bullet.
Salute You in Your Grave
Bullet.
December 2nd, 2006 at 09:37am
MCR put what i fell into words, its like a release for all my anxiety, my worries, it makes me feel like there is something worth living for after all.
And though i haven't got clost to suicide, it helped me stop selfharming and made my life better.
Though i still get realy depressed i know all i have to do is put on one of there CDs and i'll be alright.
And I will always feel that 'I'm not okay, read my mind.'
Cause im not o-fucking-kay!
setmybodyonfiresoica
Demolition Lover
setmybodyonfiresoica
December 2nd, 2006 at 02:16pm
It's funny how so many people come from Green Day, isn't it?

I mean, when I was six years old Green Day owned me. Seriously. I was the most obsessive fan-girl ever. Because GD are a fabulous band.

Then, when I was nine, I tried to kill myself. I know, nine, pretty early to start the whole "OmgnoIwannadie" thing, but yeah, I was serious. I tried drowning myself... but I won't go into details cause of whatever. Yeah, so then my family thought I was cracking up. I wasn't, I was just a... slightly troubled nine year old. Mmm. And I was obsessed with music; Green Day were my life. But then I went through years of depression, and when I reached High School I was pissed off with music because I'd made it my everything. I started getting bullied again, and besically all my friends ditched me [stupid whores, they'll get what's coming to them someday] and then I tried to kill myself again.

With knives this time.

Like a typical teenager, I had to go through counselling again, and all that shit. Just like a million other people. And it wasn't helping. And music wasn't helping either. Then GD went and released AI and I was like 'Wtf?!' and then I grew to like it. But enough about GD, this is about MCR.

So when everyone was giving up on me, and I was ready to give up on myself, I shut myself in my room and because even more of an anti-social hermit. Then my friend comes round [like a saint, no?] and basically tells me to shove some MCR down my throat.

S'good job I did shove MCR down my throat, otherwise I'd most probably be dead.

Yes. God Bless My Chemical Romance.

Wow. Talk about life story.

....And that's how MCR saved my life.

...Yay.
Mad World.
Shotgun Sinner
Mad World.
December 4th, 2006 at 10:51pm
MCR definitely saved my life. I still get really depressed some days, but those are the days that i just go to bed early, get away from the world, and sing MCR songs until I fall asleep. They're always there for me. Thank You MCR!
madame angst
Salute You in Your Grave
madame angst
December 5th, 2006 at 12:02am
x-Not_Afraid-x:
^That's awesome Smile These guys are truly amazing. I know what you mean to about how the album made you more depressed, but in a good way..I remember the night of 10-24-06 when I was listening to it-I felt kind of depressed and I didn't know why. But it was a good feeling you know? Like, I always feel like when i'm fucking up, they will tell me what's right and what I should do. I've never felt so passionate about a band in my life. I love these guys to death.

Same here. I'm pretty sure I cried while listening to TBP. You just feel all the emotion and hard work in it.
That's how I am with all their cd's.
I know that if I'm mad, I can listen to Bullets and it'll make me feel better.
Smile
Without them, I'd be this un-happy person.
>.> Like I was before.
They kinda complete me in some weird way.
XD
Smashed Pumpkin
Salute You in Your Grave
Smashed Pumpkin
December 5th, 2006 at 09:12am
I don't have a story about how they saved my life..listening to their music just makes me happy, which helps because the counsellor at my school said I have situational depression.
KissTheBride
Thinking Happy Thoughts
KissTheBride
December 5th, 2006 at 12:34pm
.Until.We.Kill.Them.All..:
Back in March/April of 05, I discovered who I really was, through Green Day. They were my life, and then a few weeks later, as I was watching music videos, 'I'm Not Okay' came on. I had just truly experienced a lifechanging moment, and didn't even know it. Being from a very stupid and akward place (Alabama) I wasn't able to go to any MCR shows or discover them from some awesome underground venue or whatever, so I couldn't really get into what I really loved. Things were changing in my life, my dad splitting up with my step-mom, my grandmother dying, shit with my mom, and my dad's new girlfriend who has 4 bratty ass kids who love to be in my business, along with my dad on my back about how who he wants me to be. (A preppy chick who has straight A's and volunteers and is involved in every school function) And that was NOT who I was anymore. I was a depressed teenager who didn't know what life held in store for me, and didn't really care, and I was suicidal. I didn't think anyone cared for me at all. I thought music was just something that gives you personality, not something that could save my life. Even my best friend couldn't even figure out what was going on in my life, I had to keep it from everyone. I went through this time period where no one mattered, nothing in the world mattered, and a real life was a figment of my own imagination. I was catching hell from both sides of my family, and I couldn't take it anymore. My grades were declining, and it was hard to even laugh. No one understood, they all wondered where the old Tiffany had gone. The one who used to love and live as a normal person. Then one day, I placed Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge in my CD player. I just let it play all the way through. I was consumed. I was in a trance of murder, death, guns, pills, and My Chemical Romance. No one could seem to bring me from it. All of the sudden, all my cares in the world seemed to revolve around MCR. It was on my mind 24/7. I heard their story. Of how Gerard overcame his problems, and everything else. That gave me more incentive to get better. And I said, well if they can do it, so can I. Even though I have never been to a single MCR show, never met the guys, or anything that the hardcore-est of fans can say they've done, I know in my heart that My Chemical Romance is the SOLE reason I am alive. right. now.

Post your life story here, and how MCR has chemically altered it.

Omg.... My life story... is SO alike....you have no idea.... CONTACT ME Shocked
KissTheBride
Thinking Happy Thoughts
KissTheBride
December 5th, 2006 at 01:47pm
the memory hurts...alot:

Kids did horrible things to me that you will never ever imagine. My parents where terribly over protective and because of that resone I hide quitely in my room so they couldn't see how I cried all day and pulled at my hair and how my eyes stared to fool me by the trauma of not having friends.
It was the scariest thing of all my life and it did something to me that wonded me so bad and made me feel discustinga and durty. I got desperate and i did something that made everyone lock me up in a damn hospital.
They stopted on me, crashed me and broke my mind and body.
I heard My chemical romance and they gave me a diferent view of everything.
The pasion I felt for mcr had made me more alive then EVER.

Im still not fully recoverd but Mcr completed me and healed everything.
I will never be more thankfull in all my fukn life. I love thouse guys so much.
MCR...you saved my life
KissTheBride
Thinking Happy Thoughts
KissTheBride
December 5th, 2006 at 01:50pm
oh yeah and i also came from green day
setmybodyonfiresoica
Demolition Lover
setmybodyonfiresoica
December 5th, 2006 at 02:52pm
KissTheBride:

Thumb up Green Day is love.

So many people came from them.... me one of them... like I said.

They're a damn cool band.
<3Romance<3
Salute You in Your Grave
<3Romance<3
December 5th, 2006 at 03:48pm
I switched schools when I was 14.. All my friends abandoned me, because I was going to the "scumbag" school of town, where the dirt went. The guy I was in love with, posted a really nasty pic of me on the internet (sounds a lot like I'm Not Okay, does it?) and I didn't have any friends at my new school. They simply locked me out, I was a total outcast...
I couldn't relate to my parents, because they got mad when I talked about my problems at school... They thought I was overreacting and that things were going better than I said it would be... They were all wrong.
I thought a lot why I was still on this earth, about how it would be if I wouldn't be here anymore, about who would possibly care if I was dead and lots of other things...
Then, my best friend got me into Green Day, we talked a lot about what we were going through (seemed we were going through the same). A bit later, she sent me I'm Not Okay (I Promise) and I loved the song. For the first time, I felt understood. I bought Three Cheers... but kept on being into Green Day... Yeah, I listened to Helena, I'm Not Okay (I Promise) and The Ghost Of You, but that was it... I didn't really knew any other song on the album.. Until I broke up with my ex in june this year. I really got into listening to Three Cheers and by playing the album day after day, hour after hour, minute after minute, I felt more understood. I loved the lyrics, I loved the music, so I bought Bullets too.. Smile And it really made me feel like I wasn't alone.
Whenever I'm down, lost or angry, I put on a song by My Chem and I feel understood. They give me the hug that I need, the shoulder to cry on, the words that I can't make of my own... My Chemical Romance is my everything, and I don't think I would be able to survive without their music now I've had a taste of it.
I've been suicidal twice... and My Chemical Romance really pulled me through. They really are the best thing that ever happened to me.

With a special thanks to my best friend for letting me listen to such awesome bands.
ImNotOkay3505
Salute You in Your Grave
ImNotOkay3505
December 5th, 2006 at 04:29pm
^That made me cry for some reason. It's really touching. I love these boys.
KissTheBride
Thinking Happy Thoughts
KissTheBride
December 5th, 2006 at 08:19pm
SiameseDream; Blue.:
KissTheBride:

yep!! they still rock, but.. I have to say no one has ever won my heart like mcr has
Tway
Killjoy
Tway
December 8th, 2006 at 08:44pm
Okay, so I got kicked out of my house for getting a C on my reportcard. It was snowing outside. So I ran to the Bus stop and went to school. When I got home from school I didn't say a word to my parents, and they didn't say a word to me. I thought about killing myself. And how much easier it would be just to do it. But then again. I just thought. Then, I put on Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge. I listened to the whole album 3 or 4 times. And I thought to Myself. "Well, if MCR can keep going on, than so can I." and since then, whenever I feel down or pain, I just listen to MCR and it all goes away. So...yeah.
Tway
Killjoy
Tway
December 8th, 2006 at 08:45pm
KissTheBride:
SiameseDream; Blue.:
KissTheBride:

yep!! they still rock, but.. I have to say no one has ever won my heart like mcr
has

Yeah, green Day has saved me too...yeah. They were the first band that I ever really loved.
Quinn.
Bleeding on the Floor
Quinn.
December 8th, 2006 at 09:04pm
green day taught me to be myself. don't let anyone screw with me. and that it's okay to be a minority.

MCR really saved me. i was ready to give up and drinking and basically thought i was worth nothing. and then MCR came along...and something about their music, the lyrics, the melodies, everything. it's hard to explain the feeling when you hear them or see them but you all know what feeling im talkin about. when i watched life on the murder scene and saw what gerard went through...i cried, it really got to me. i was like..shit. what AM I doin with my life?? why the hell am i still sitting here feeling sorry for myself. why the hell am i lettin arseholes tread all over me.

MCR gives me hope. im not afraid to keep on living coz of MCR.
setmybodyonfiresoica
Demolition Lover
setmybodyonfiresoica
December 9th, 2006 at 05:22pm
Tway:
KissTheBride:
SiameseDream; Blue.:
KissTheBride:

yep!! they still rock, but.. I have to say no one has ever won my heart like mcr
has

Yeah, green Day has saved me too...yeah. They were the first band that I ever really loved.

Same here.
But for some reason
They didn't quite have what My Chemical Romance had.
ImNotOkay3505
Salute You in Your Grave
ImNotOkay3505
December 9th, 2006 at 10:19pm
^exactly.
Bullet.
Salute You in Your Grave
Bullet.
December 10th, 2006 at 11:07am
<3Romance<3:
I switched schools when I was 14.. All my friends abandoned me, because I was going to the "scumbag" school of town, where the dirt went. The guy I was in love with, posted a really nasty pic of me on the internet (sounds a lot like I'm Not Okay, does it?) and I didn't have any friends at my new school. They simply locked me out, I was a total outcast...

i've changed schools and i have exactly the same thing, except my old friends still talk to me, and my parents think im over reacting..
ImNotOkay3505
Salute You in Your Grave
ImNotOkay3505
December 10th, 2006 at 12:05pm
^My parents think I'm over-reacting too. They think that it can't be but so hard to go to a new school with people you've never met and have no desire to meet. They think it's not so bad that all my friends live in NC and I live in DE. They think it can't be but so hard to do all this, and they're wrong.
Bloodyskettios
Jazz Hands
Bloodyskettios
December 11th, 2006 at 06:44pm
It sounds strange, but MCR gave me my voice back. For years I'd just settled for passing by as kinda like a shadow; I wasn't doing things I loved to do (like singing) because I was afraid. I don't know exactly what I was afraid of... rejection I guess... but I began listening to MCR... now I'm the only soprano in my school to have been asked to participate in All County (a big deal)... I became more confident... it sounds strange, but MCR gave me my voice back. Now they're helping me again... my grandfather's in the hospital; he's the closest thing I've ever had to a real dad. The doctor's suspect that it might be throat cancer, but I can't cry 'cause that's not "what my family does". The guy I've adored for almost four years now only sees me as like a little sister (I should be so damn used to that... that's the role I ALWAYS end up playing). I'm always the bridesmaid but never the bride... always the stupid, cute little sister, but never anything more than that. And yeah, I know, I know... it's just not my time yet. I can't cry or anything, because I don't want to sound like a whiney bitch, especially when compared to others, my problems really are insignificant... Really, MCR is the only thing keeping me even remotely sane right now.