Don't have an account? Create one!

My Chemical Suicide Story (How MCR Saved My Life)

AuthorMessage
emergencypatientxx
Fabulous Killjoy
emergencypatientxx
January 30th, 2007 at 05:26pm
I am also a person who got "saved" by My Chem.
I was like ready to give up.
But I thought for a minute(let me also add when i thought of this
I had a very sharp knife in my hands ready to just do it)
and I thought about it for awhile like
In My Chemical Romance some of thier music obviously proves
Other people have been in way deeper shit then me
and never gave up, just kept on going.
And thats what helped my stay among the stupid living.

That and, Im in a band called Underground Broadway
and I want my band to meet My Chemical Romance
I want to meet my idol, Gerard Way.

I owe My Chem everything.
AliroSilver
Really Not Okay
AliroSilver
January 31st, 2007 at 01:34am
Baka-kun XNinjaX:
You know what I think?
I think that a lot of people only say MCR saved their life because that is what MCR said they wanted to do.
I mean, I HARDLY hear people say Other bands have saved their lifes.
And to be honest, to let a band control whether you live or die is uhhm...pathetic.
Yes, music can be a let out, it can help you, but for MCR to be a pacific band to save you...I don't get it.

I'll have to adress this sentence by sentence since there's alot to be said. And none of this is in a negative light I just think you brought up an interesting point.

1. That could be true for some people, but since none of us can read minds we'll never know for sure. Well, provided of course someone doesn't just outright confess it.
2. I hear about other bands saving people all the time, a girl even told me the other day that Fall Out Boy and Panic! At The Disco saved her life. And when I was about her age for me it was Darren Hayes.
3. I don't see how it's pathetic, because just about anything can stop a person from killing themselves, even a TV show. See it's not always one big thing that makes someone consider suicide or self harm, it's usually alot of little things. So one or alot of little things can make someone stop, think, and then change their mind.
4. Again, it's not always MCR, but since this is an MCR board then you're mostly going to hear MCR related stories. And I don't think you necessarily have to understand it, just accept it. Because as they say, different strokes for different folks.
Simple and Clean
Salute You in Your Grave
Simple and Clean
January 31st, 2007 at 02:20am
AliroSilver:

I'll have to adress this sentence by sentence since there's alot to be said. And none of this is in a negative light I just think you brought up an interesting point.

1. That could be true for some people, but since none of us can read minds we'll never know for sure. Well, provided of course someone doesn't just outright confess it.
2. I hear about other bands saving people all the time, a girl even told me the other day that Fall Out Boy and Panic! At The Disco saved her life. And when I was about her age for me it was Darren Hayes.
3. I don't see how it's pathetic, because just about anything can stop a person from killing themselves, even a TV show. See it's not always one big thing that makes someone consider suicide or self harm, it's usually alot of little things. So one or alot of little things can make someone stop, think, and then change their mind.
4. Again, it's not always MCR, but since this is an MCR board then you're mostly going to hear MCR related stories. And I don't think you necessarily have to understand it, just accept it. Because as they say, different strokes for different folks.

I admit, I was a little over the top with my post.
But some people just anoy me by saying things like they were holding a knife to themselves and then they though of MCR and they dropped it.
But your point is very correct =]
Damned-After-All
Joining The Black Parade
Damned-After-All
January 31st, 2007 at 10:24am
I can totally relate.
Kiss and Control
Jazz Hands
Kiss and Control
January 31st, 2007 at 10:44am
An open letter to MCR,

Why you ask? Because I’m hoping one of them’s as dorky as me, and actually reads the crap we My Chem people post on the internet. Honestly, as a fellow bipolar person, I’m uberly-proud of Mikey for coming out about being mentally ill. It takes a strong person to do that. The man’s got guts. Secondly, MCR’s pretty much saved my life. I know it sounds trite, but it’s the truth. Back in ’03, I went through a particularly dark period. I wasn’t on any meds except Effexor (which really fucked me up chemically speaking); I stopped going to my classes because I literally could not get out of bed. I’d get up long enough to eat something, put on Bullets and go back to bed.I failed my courses at University. I’m not saying where, because it’s no one’s business, except for mine. I really identified with “Headfirst for Halos” and “Early Sunsets Over Monroeville” during that period. I ended up flunking out of school, as well. (A friend of mine who goes to Mizzou got me into MCR back in ‘02. She made me download “Vampires Will Never Hurt You” and I instantly fell in love with Gerard Way’s voice and lyrics. ) Oh yes, and when I needed help after a particularly bad/abusive relationship, you can guess who I turned to; my friends who are my family, and blood-relatives of course. But most of all I turned to Bullets and Three Cheers which had just been released.

Now, I’m a high-functioning bipolar person. I’m still in school, only this time it’s Tech. I went from the field of Animal Medicine to Human Medicine. I’m in Nursing; working on an Associate’s Degree. I still adore MCR, and probably always will. I’m thankful for Gerard, who had the vision, and who is my hero because he kicked drugs and alcohol, which inspired me to do the same. We share the same vices though, both smoking and coffee; Ray who has the chops to bring the music together. Mikey, who learned how to play bass, just to be in his brother’s fantastic band. Frankie, who always brings the rhythm and a punky cadence to the music. And last but not least the fucking gun, Bob. A day without Bob is like a day without sunshine. Without you guys I’d probably have offed myself long ago, so thank you for all you do!

Last but not least, I feel The Black Parade is MCR’s Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness (as a SP elitist, I feel I’m the only one who can judge and deem TBP MCIS worthy); although it should have been a two-disc set. Next time, you guys. I can’t wait to see what they come up with next!!

XOXO, Sarah.

Lastly, when the fuck’s the new Pumpkins album coming out? I say, Billy Corgan better bring his A-game, cos honey he’s gonna need it.
Tragic.
Banned
Tragic.
January 31st, 2007 at 02:11pm
Michael Way:
An open letter to MCR,

Why you ask? Because I’m hoping one of them’s as dorky as me, and actually reads the crap we My Chem people post on the internet. Honestly, as a fellow bipolar person, I’m uberly-proud of Mikey for coming out about being mentally ill. It takes a strong person to do that. The man’s got guts. Secondly, MCR’s pretty much saved my life. I know it sounds trite, but it’s the truth. Back in ’03, I went through a particularly dark period. I wasn’t on any meds except Effexor (which really fucked me up chemically speaking); I stopped going to my classes because I literally could not get out of bed. I’d get up long enough to eat something, put on Bullets and go back to bed.I failed my courses at University. I’m not saying where, because it’s no one’s business, except for mine. I really identified with “Headfirst for Halos” and “Early Sunsets Over Monroeville” during that period. I ended up flunking out of school, as well. (A friend of mine who goes to Mizzou got me into MCR back in ‘02. She made me download “Vampires Will Never Hurt You” and I instantly fell in love with Gerard Way’s voice and lyrics. ) Oh yes, and when I needed help after a particularly bad/abusive relationship, you can guess who I turned to; my friends who are my family, and blood-relatives of course. But most of all I turned to Bullets and Three Cheers which had just been released.

Now, I’m a high-functioning bipolar person. I’m still in school, only this time it’s Tech. I went from the field of Animal Medicine to Human Medicine. I’m in Nursing; working on an Associate’s Degree. I still adore MCR, and probably always will. I’m thankful for Gerard, who had the vision, and who is my hero because he kicked drugs and alcohol, which inspired me to do the same. We share the same vices though, both smoking and coffee; Ray who has the chops to bring the music together. Mikey, who learned how to play bass, just to be in his brother’s fantastic band. Frankie, who always brings the rhythm and a punky cadence to the music. And last but not least the fucking gun, Bob. A day without Bob is like a day without sunshine. Without you guys I’d probably have offed myself long ago, so thank you for all you do!

Last but not least, I feel The Black Parade is MCR’s Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness (as a SP elitist, I feel I’m the only one who can judge and deem TBP MCIS worthy); although it should have been a two-disc set. Next time, you guys. I can’t wait to see what they come up with next!!

XOXO, Sarah.

Lastly, when the fuck’s the new Pumpkins album coming out? I say, Billy Corgan better bring his A-game, cos honey he’s gonna need it.

fuck yeah.
MCR Way Bros
Jazz Hands
MCR Way Bros
February 3rd, 2007 at 02:59pm
~For some people, MCR has actually saved their life.

~For other people, MCR has healed emotional wounds (like listening to them when you're sad to make you feel better).

~For other people, MCR has just helped.
Mrs.Halloween
Salute You in Your Grave
Mrs.Halloween
February 3rd, 2007 at 04:33pm
i really agree with aliro silver. =].
maybe some people do say mcr saved their lives, and maybe that's the truth, or maybe it isn't, but it isn't really our place to tell someone that they're lying, when it's to do with their own personal feelings.

towards the end of last year, i'd been listening to mcr for about a year and a half, and their music had gotten me through a really terrible relationship with someone i had been seeing, emotionally, but i'd only ever heard of people saying mcr had saved their lives.
before christmas, me and my dad started arguing a lot. there was always tension between us because he used to hit me when i was younger, or at least that's where i think the tension came from. he would always be the one who would come out on top, and he is not the kind of person to admit he's wrong or say sorry. it would make me feel horrible because he wouldn't listen to anything i had to say. a while after the fights started, it ended up in a monomental argument where it was just my dad, and me crying my eyes out telling him everything i'd always wanted to tell him about how i felt, and how i thought he treated me. his attititude stayed the same as it always has been with me, nothing got resolved and he just left me in my room, shouting up at me to stop crying. through the rest of that day i felt like i wanted my life to end. the whole aspect of suicide didn't appeal to me, it wasn't that, i just wanted everything to go away because i was sick of arguing and upsetting everybody and ending who i was, was the only way i knew how to do it. i wrote a letter, at the time i addressed it to the members of mcr, (but it's a letter that i'll never give them), it described exactly how i felt, annoyed, upset, angry, guilty. i started to think about their music and what the whole messege of it is, which in turn made me think of my mum and my best friend, and i knew i could never end my life, because it would mean leaving them behind, and i didn't want to hurt them. i'm supposed to be going to see them, for my second time, in april, and right now that's what keeps me holding on, when everything isn't so great.
so, that's how i feel mcr saved my life. maybe i was feeling sorry for myself, or maybe i was just flirting with death, but at that time, it was the lowest i'd ever felt, and maybe i wouldn't have made the same decision i had, if i hadn't had mcr's music.
rachi_left4deadx_x
Motor Baby
rachi_left4deadx_x
February 3rd, 2007 at 04:55pm
Around January 06, I was getting a lot of shit from school which totally pissed me off. There was a group of girls who threatened me everyday to hurt me and I ended up in a lot of fights with them.
Summer holidays, I spent the whole summer alone, playing playstation, listening to MCR. At first I felt really alone but as I listened to the lyrics and began to understand them and what the band could have been going through at that time, made me feel like I was not alone and made me feel happy.
I returned to school again in September. I moved up to a secondry school. The school was a lot bigger than my old school and made me feel even more alone. Everyone else had arranged themselves into their little cliques but somewhere along the line, they missed me out.
At the end of December, my great grandmother had fallen ill and passed away and I began feeling really suicidal. I also had attempted to jump off a building, which I know sounds quite extreme but I had never dealt with death before and I didn't know what to make of it. I had someone stop me and just tell me I was an idiot.
I continued to be suicidal. I then saw MCR on a frount cover of a magazine when I was on one of my random walks I went on when I felt depressed and bought it. I read about MCR and it was about how Gerard was depressed and on drugs and all that stuff and about Gerard & Mikeys grandmother passing away. I had already known about this but it reminded me that Gerard had got over it so why couldn't I do it?
That gave me a spec of hope again. It told me that I should pull myself together and hold on because ending my life isn't worth it. How do I know it would stop after killing myself? I continued anylzing (sp) lyrics again in detail and what they mean and how they could relate to what I'm going through.
Now, today, i feel 100 times better. I am still not sure I am myself but I definately feel better. I get the occasional feeling of being suicidal and hurt myself but it is a LOT better than it was at the end of December, beguinning of January.
on birds and glass
Always Born a Crime
on birds and glass
February 4th, 2007 at 10:11am
MCR Way Bros:
MCR didn't exactly "save my life" but since I began listening to their music I have become an indivdual. I have been inspired to sing. I don't care what other people think about me and I don't try to fit in. As long as I have MCR on my iPod, I'm okay.

I feel the exact same way.

Though I was really really depressed (not exactly suicidal) and listening to MCR just made me go in this 'zone' and it was just me and Gerard's voice. It made me feel like things were going to get better, and they did. If it weren't for MCR I could have been dead.
Jyulin
Shotgun Sinner
Jyulin
February 6th, 2007 at 05:25am
I was pretty depressed. Used to come home from school and cry every day. Everybody was out, so I had a bit of time to myself. I really hated myself. I slit my wrists. Now I gotta wear two watches to cover em up. Gets kinda messy, cause unless they've already turned to scabs it weeps out puss and shit. It also makes it kinda awkward when somebody random comes up to me and asks, "Why are you wearing two watches?" I have made up so many freakin stories about why I'm wearing two fucking watches. My Chem just gave me a way to cool down and gain control of my head again. Still have issues, but I'm getting there.
ImNotOkay3505
Salute You in Your Grave
ImNotOkay3505
February 8th, 2007 at 10:42pm
My Mikey Romance:

7.7.07. Very Happy Dance
Synyster Gates
Awake and Unafraid
Synyster Gates
February 9th, 2007 at 11:56am
MCR never saved my life, because i was never gonna end it anyways but they have made it a hell of a lot better. before i listened to music that everyone else listened to and i was 'just another one of them people that listened to that music' now im an individual person and all my friends still listen to the same sort of music, but im different and i love that.
cutupangel
Killjoy
cutupangel
February 9th, 2007 at 07:03pm
My Story...
They didnt exactly save my life to tell the truth. I had already made it throught the hardest part of my situation when I first heard them with "Im Not Okay."Im not going to go in detail at all about what I went though, because it is too painful to bring up those memories and no one exactly needs to know. I had always turned to music to help me get though most things, it's like my own personal therepist when I have no one to talk to. I absolutely love mcr. I fell in love with the music and Gerard’s voice. The music suits me so well and has changed my life. When I listen to their music, it’s like I can feel what they do as they sing and it makes me feel better because it is like having someone to talk to who cares and knows exactly how you feel and who knows exactly what to say to you. That is such a good feeling and whenever I think about them, hear their music somewhere or see them on tv it makes me smile. I sometimes wish that I had heard of them so much sooner because I definitely know that it would have helped me in so many ways. I love them all and they mean a lot to me, these boys are my life and I am grateful for them being in it.
ThisWarIsOurs
Motor Baby
ThisWarIsOurs
February 10th, 2007 at 10:55am
all im going to say is that without MCR n P!ATD i probably wouldnt sane
they saved me from doin something stupid, (becoming lonely for the rest of my life n someother personal stuff)
they made me think about everything which leads to this outcome (im going to study music Razz)
n hopefully fulfil my biggest dream (i bet u can guess wot that iz XD)

i want to thank them for saving me!!!!!!!!!!!
tidd; zero.
Killjoy
tidd; zero.
February 10th, 2007 at 02:35pm
Well, what I posted (new name, .Until.We.Kill.Them.All.. was my old one..) last year has somewhat changed. (i started this thread on my old account).

It's been two years since my bout with suicide. I still thank My Chemical Romance every fucking day for it. I owe them a debt greater than a life. No one will ever understand how much they mean to me, and how much they have made me a better person.
Just recently, things have gotten worse. My dad has been putting a lot of pressure on me about my grades in school, wanting me to be the honor-roll kid he once knew, threatening me with having to move so I won't have any friends. My mom sometimes understands what I am going through, but other times she just bitches at me pretentiously. My great-great grandmother died, in addition to my other grandmother.. they were both the only two people in my whole family whom I could talk and relate to. Now that they're both gone, I have no one. Sometimes life isn't fair. Thank God The Black Parade had just released about 2 weeks before she died. Saved me yet again.
My step-dad hurts my mom. He doesn't realize that when he hits her, it hurts not only her, but me, and and my little brother. When he leaves and is gone for three weeks, she cries endlessly. But when he comes home, they fight. physically. they both land mental torture on every living thing inside the house.
I have become yet again, suicidal. I'm in the hole that I was in two years ago with pills, cutting, tears, and My Chemical Romance. They are the only ones that keep me breathing every second.

I saw in the SPIN article they wrote about My Chemical Romance saving lives. This particular thread was mentioned in that article. It made me happy that people actually understand this, and that My Chemical Romance are aware of the fact that they are godly figures, idols, fucking lifesavers to all of us.

Thanks everyone for sharing your stories on here.
schmetallica.
Shotgun Sinner
schmetallica.
February 10th, 2007 at 03:59pm
MCR Way Bros:
MCR didn't exactly "save my life" but since I began listening to their music I have become an indivdual. I have been inspired to sing. I don't care what other people think about me and I don't try to fit in. As long as I have MCR on my iPod, I'm okay.
Someone my age who understands me...finally! Well actually mines a lot more serious than yours...Long story VERY short, I tried commiting suicide last year then I heard mcr and my life changed. Some of you may say I'm too young to even think about suicide but i don't care because you don't understand my life and what went on. I would explain my story but that would take about 2 hours...maybe later I'll shorten it up so I can tell you. I still shutter when I think about last year... Crying or Very sad It was definetly the absolute worst experience I've ever been through. None of my friends know about it. My parents don't even know about my feelings. They think I am a perfectly happy kid with no problems. They have always thought that.
empires
Thinking Happy Thoughts
empires
February 10th, 2007 at 06:11pm
Well, I have a short little MCR story:

After I got LOTMS Dvd, I watched it right away. I got to the part where Gerard said, 'It gets really bad when you start thinking of it as an escape route'. 5 weeks later, that's what I started thinking... stuff was happening in my life where I was losing friends and I didn't even know why, people were against me... I just remembered that Gerard and the guys cared. I put away the rubber bands and safety pins for good. Smile
MCR saves yet another life! ^-^
empires
Thinking Happy Thoughts
empires
February 10th, 2007 at 06:15pm
Well, the last two parts are for some people I know... I wasn't really like that. Smile Just thoughts.
Harley Quinn.
Awake and Unafraid
Harley Quinn.
February 10th, 2007 at 08:02pm
XriverXofXtearsX:
At first, my life was pretty fucked up. I was getting sexually asaulted and abused. No one at all cared. My brother, the only one who accepted me is kicked out of the house. My so-called "loving" sister won't even fucking accept me. The only guy that I wanted to spend the rest of my life doesn't even want to have anything to do with me. My brother ends up dropping out of school with no car, no cell phone, no money, no nothing. I even wrote my suicide letter. I even planned a date that I was going to kill myself. But then, My Chemical Romance came in to my life. They fucking saved me. They helped me believe that I wasn't alone, and that someone out there actually cares. Their music inspires me so much. They've helped me get through some of my most deepest depression. And I swear to fucking god, I cannot thank them enough for giving me a reason to live. For giving me a reason to be myself, and not take anyone's bullshit. And to be perfectly honest, if anything ever happened to them, I would probably kill myself. I would die for them. That's how much I care about them. That's how much of an impact they've put on me. Thank you, MCR for saving my fucking life.

Wow. I shared more with the people on here than with my closest friends, lol.

i just read this in Spin today in the article about mcr