Don't have an account? Create one!

My Chemical Suicide Story (How MCR Saved My Life)

AuthorMessage
Bloodyskettios
Jazz Hands
Bloodyskettios
December 11th, 2006 at 06:45pm
Embarassed Sorry for going off like that guys. Disgust
Jeffree Star
Motor Baby
Jeffree Star
December 12th, 2006 at 11:41am
When if first found out was really fucked up. I had a secret which was that i was raped when i was only 7. When I heard the song "I'm Not Okay" my mom finally got it. I told her because the next morning I was going to put a gun to my head. But i was saved by MCR and God.
Life'sx_xAx_xBitch
Killjoy
Life'sx_xAx_xBitch
December 13th, 2006 at 03:31pm
It's kinda Sad (as a pathetic)
How MCR saved my life ?
Well after hearing I'm not okay on certain music channels, thought deeper about lyrics and it kinda helped I related to certain things in my life. When I took to many sleeping pills, I was listening to Hang 'em High. Then I started to panic, If I was going to die, I'd leave people who cared behind, My best friend arranged for me to have counselling, she cared. It's stupid because the person I would hate myself over hated me. I still cut, but not as bad as I used to.
KissTheBride
Thinking Happy Thoughts
KissTheBride
December 16th, 2006 at 03:41pm
PEOPLE GO HERE: MCR SAVED YOUR LIFE
My Name Is Mok
Joining The Black Parade
My Name Is Mok
December 16th, 2006 at 04:34pm
They saved me again...My Fiance broke it off with me wed. I spiraled immediatly,i tried to kill myself again, the video for im not okay came on a local station, i took it as another sign. 2nd time theyve stopped me.
Franktastic.
Bleeding on the Floor
Franktastic.
December 16th, 2006 at 06:53pm
K. mcr did not saved my life. i wasn't suicidal or depressed.
but i look up to them as five great guys who were already someone in this world but still kind-hearted and humble that reaches and touches the hearts of blinded kids..i dunno if that made sense but that's how i feel about them.
geradsredskittle666
Really Not Okay
geradsredskittle666
December 20th, 2006 at 01:56am
My life far from perfect. I have been depressed for ages. I used to cut and be suicidel.....so one day i head mcr. i was amazed with there sound and the music made me happy. So then i found out about Gerard and decided i would try to change. Make friends, actually talk to poeple and be happy. They saved me so many times.
normal's overrated.
In The Murder Scene
normal's overrated.
December 20th, 2006 at 04:48am
i was very dipresed ( i suck at spelling) had tried to kill myself then i heard thank you for the venom. then i was like what the fuck why am i wasting my life like this
apocalypse suite.
Jazz Hands
apocalypse suite.
December 20th, 2006 at 01:26pm
I've been waiting for this thread for the longest time. =]

2005 and 2006 were the hardest years of my life. There was alot going on in terms of family illness, and a lot of issues i had to deal with involving myself and what i thought of myself. For a time, i believed that my only option was to end my life and just make life easier for the rest of my family because they wouldn't worry about me anymore. So, there was one night in April of 2006 when my best friend and i were watching LOTMS in my basement. I walked her home and realized that i was completely alone, and that moment would be the perfect time to do it. so, i put together all the pills i could find and got ready to take them. i swear, one minute before i took them, i heard voices from my basement, and i went down to see that i'd left the DVD on. so, i go to turn it off and stop to watch for a minute. now, i don't recall exactly what gerard said, but here's the gist of what i caught:
"if you or anyone you know is thinking about suicide, i want you to go talk to someone. a parent, a friend, a teacher, i don't give a fuck who, because suicide is just a bullshit way out."
not only did gerard way save my life, but it got me believing in miracles again. i don't believe that it happened by coincidence. it happened for a reason, and i'm alive because of it.
crooked smile.
Shotgun Sinner
crooked smile.
December 20th, 2006 at 04:04pm
My story is kind of lame but i mean it when i say that MCR saved my life
At the beginning of the school year, i was having some trouble with some bad stuff that had happened to me over the summer (my dog had died, and a couple of other things happened) I was crying almost every night and often during the day.
One of my best friends was an MCR fan and showed me their music. I loved it immediately. Now when ever something bad happens i just think of Gerard telling me to "carry on" and I feel better.
I know my story is not a serious as some of the other stories, but I really think that MCR saved my life.
oh! darling
Motor Baby
oh! darling
December 20th, 2006 at 04:32pm
They saved my life too
and i don't just say that, i think you really have to mean it when you say something so strong, pretty much like love..if you get what i mean.
I've been suffering form depression and most of all self-hate and self-harm for about 4 years.
I was always, well pretty preppy, had a lot of friends. but it never really felt right.
the people didn't feel right, the music didn't feel right, my clothes never felt right.
so i started listening to Green Day, and because of them i started changing pretty drasticly.
I've lost basicly all my friends after that, people who one's claimed to love me turned their back on me.
family was hell, i was put between my mom and dad, had to take care of my father and pretty much was his parent instead of he was mine. our whole family scattered.
everything just turned up side down
Then I got into MCR, and that changed everything for me.
The music was just so real, the stories behind it so amazing.
i could, and still can..go into my own world listening to their songs.
like the intro of Skylines And Turnstiles, I never knew there could be so much hope put into just a few seconds.
they were like a mirror to me, letting me face all of my insecurities, and learn to deal with them.
Then i got the LOTMS dvd, that even made my love for this band go stronger.
seeing MY HEROES going to all that shit, fucking up, and getting up again made me actually wanna live my life again.
as many people say it: if they can pull this of, so can i
the line: Just to know, that it's okay to be messed up, cause there are five dudes who are just as messed up as you, and they overcome that, in order to do what we do.
made everything change.
because of MCR i'm slowly learning to accept myself, accept other people who may have completly different views on things..and stick up my middle finger to people who don't accept me for being the person that i am.

basicly what they really thaight me is to:
stand up fucking tall not let them see my back
and take this bands fucking hand and NEVER be afraid again..
setmybodyonfiresoica
Demolition Lover
setmybodyonfiresoica
December 20th, 2006 at 05:32pm
If they did save your life then go here. And join. (=
greeneyedgurl
Fabulous Killjoy
greeneyedgurl
December 30th, 2006 at 06:17pm
this is reely weird for me to admit but b4 i discovered mcr i was a preppy girl who followed the crowd and didnt reely know who she was. i listened to im not okay and then i dediced that i needed a change. i started learning about the band and i even got into sum other rock bands and i started wearing more black and now im more confident than i've ever been. since then i've lost many friends and gained sum new ones that have the same interests as me. everyday i go to skool and i get called goth and emo. gerard is my hero cuz he has overcome many things.
intothelight;;
Fabulous Killjoy
intothelight;;
December 30th, 2006 at 08:41pm
How did MCR save my life... it' not so much that the saved it in like stopping me from killing myself or whatever... more like, they've stopped me from ever coming that close in the future. If you get what I mean?
When I was getting abused physically and verbally over petty things at school, they taught me not to take anyones shit. I try not to anymore.
When my family argued with me, they would always be there for me.
Anything, anything at all, could happen, and all I have to do is sit, wipe away my tears and play out the songs in my head. It's more than just music, it's like a message.
When I was lost and thought the only way of venting out my anger was through stupid things, they taught me not to do it.
When my granddad died, they helped me come to terms with it and carry on.
They're just... can't even decribe it.
So maybe they have saved my life.
Ami von Grimm
Banned
Ami von Grimm
January 30th, 2007 at 12:26pm
these days im really depressed and sad whole the day. Im really fucking tired and i feel so sick. Im always fighting with my friends, i feel like i have nobody anymore. The only place i feel safe and quite happy is my room, with mcr music on. Here on imnotokay.net i feel safe too, i read a lot of things that are like things ive had/did/... i really dont know whats going on with me, but im glad that i still have mcr music.
AliroSilver
Really Not Okay
AliroSilver
January 30th, 2007 at 02:57pm
I don't know about saving my life but I know they've been a big help. See, when I listen to them I feel great, uplifted, like I just had an injection of joy right into my brain. Because like alot of the younger fans, I get depressed too and I feel better when I know there's someone out there who's been through the same things I have and they made it through. What you have to understand is, I'm 22 years old and I'm working a dead end retail job, I chose that job. I gave up a career in nursing because I didn't like the way the patients were treated, and since I couldn't change it I quit. And because of the pay decrease I have to live with my parents (again). So people say because of that I'm a loser. But when I listen to My Chemical Romance, I feel like I'm not a loser, that I'm just trying to find my way. And that's the most important feeling of all.
the whack parade.
Demolition Lover
the whack parade.
January 30th, 2007 at 03:08pm
Well, one time I was really upset [my brother came home really drunk and he was acting totally out of it and he was being such an asshole], and I was crying like crazy because I didn't want to be mad at him because he would be gone soon [hes in the Navy now], so I put on some MCR and I Never Told You What I Do For A Living really calmed me down and kinda made me think that everything would be ok.
aliss practice.
Shotgun Sinner
aliss practice.
January 30th, 2007 at 04:18pm
I was just fucked up, loner kid who was being bullied by my best mate other best mate in secret, and I let her really get to me. Then I found MCR and, although things are still bad, I can feel better cos MCR are there when I need them.
Simple and Clean
Salute You in Your Grave
Simple and Clean
January 30th, 2007 at 04:28pm
You know what I think?
I think that a lot of people only say MCR saved their life because that is what MCR said they wanted to do.
I mean, I HARDLY hear people say Other bands have saved their lifes.
And to be honest, to let a band control whether you live or die is uhhm...pathetic.
Yes, music can be a let out, it can help you, but for MCR to be a pacific band to save you...I don't get it.
MCR Way Bros
Jazz Hands
MCR Way Bros
January 30th, 2007 at 04:36pm
MCR didn't exactly "save my life" but since I began listening to their music I have become an indivdual. I have been inspired to sing. I don't care what other people think about me and I don't try to fit in. As long as I have MCR on my iPod, I'm okay.