Don't have an account? Create one!

My Chemical Suicide Story (How MCR Saved My Life)

AuthorMessage
stormy
Demolition Lover
stormy
April 19th, 2006 at 11:50pm
[so|deep|it|didn't|bleed]:
stormy:

It's kinda kewl and yet, kind of sad that they might never know what they've done for me and thousands of others.

I wrote them a letter Very Happy
except I haven't sent it yet.........

I've thought of writing one...but, I don't think I could really. I'd forget things and ramble on and all of this stuff... but it would be nice to thank them. Even though, for that magnitude, thank you is so weak.
hunzana
Awake and Unafraid
hunzana
April 20th, 2006 at 05:32am
i wana sane mcr a letter, how do i do that??
soz i think im changin the subject Sad mcr saved my life!! Very Happy
AxPriestxGodxNeverxPaid
Jazz Hands
AxPriestxGodxNeverxPaid
April 20th, 2006 at 02:15pm
I'm not gonna say mcr saved my life as they sure as hell didn't. No need for it. I've never been much of suicidal person, but I have these periods in my life when I'm feeling more or less self destructive... and here mcr steps in. They got me through one of these periods, and it was a major one.

Last september I had just moved out of home, I was exploring a blossoming relationship with a guy who looked a hell of a lot like Frankie (and I kid you not, he had the same kind of hair cut) and I was doing well in school. Life couldn't be better, right? Wrong!
I had no job and the student grant that they pay all students here covered my rent just fine but left little money for food and such. The guy ended up being the bigest arsehole in the world and stood me up on the first date. So I was heartbroken and just plain broke worried sick over how I was going make it on my own... Sure my mom gave me some money for food and stuff and I had some money saved up, but it wasn't going to be enough if I didn't find a job. Somehow it all seemed utterly depressing and overwhelming and I started to drown my worries in alcohol. I didn't drink excessive amounts of liqour but I had a few drinks of something nearly everyday. A few glasses of red wine one evening a couple of vodka&coke's the next. I felt like I couldn't sleep if I didn't have some amount alcohol coursing in my veins and the fact that it numbed my feelings for that short amount of time helped too. I had found mcr last spring and started to really listen to it by october. Somehow songs like Thank You For The Venom and Bury Me in Black affected me in a way that I started to ease up on the drink. I was also listening to HIM at this time and the combined sounds of these two bands got me through this rough patch. I got myself a job by mid october after sending out hundreds of applications. My ever broken heart found a new guy to want to give itself to. And this time my heart struck the gold vein and the guy is now mine to love. The problems I had with money seemed to disappear though I still don't have too much money, if you know what I mean. Life seemed to get back on track. The funny thing was that my school work never suffered...

So that's how mcr "saved my life"... I feel like saying this. I've only confided this to one person before this entry and all though mcr and HIM helped me through this time (and still do) I haven't gone entirely sober I still have a drink or two every now and then, and I'm not one to spit in my glass so to speak but the nearly daily drinks I've given up. I have tremendous (did I spell that right?) respect for people like Gerard and a dear friend of mine who have gone completely sober but that's not for me. I need to go to a bar to have a few drinks and some fun with my friends every now and then.
XxvampirepixiexX
Fabulous Killjoy
XxvampirepixiexX
April 20th, 2006 at 08:06pm
oh man now im crying. who ever brought up the topic of the person w/ the brain tumor that made me cry relwy hard. I had a buddy die a few yrs ago b/c of that and she was one of the 8 ppl in 5 yrs that has left me. wahhhhhhhhhh Cry im so happy that ther are so many ppl bn "helped" quote unquote with music. just think if we dint hav it. where would we all be? Question Question Question Exclamation Exclamation
stormy
Demolition Lover
stormy
April 21st, 2006 at 03:00am
^^^.
If music wasn't in this world, it would be dull and lifeless almost. Music is emotion and you can't have a full life without it.
Celine For War
Shotgun Sinner
Celine For War
April 21st, 2006 at 05:59am
^i agree..
Bess is Yoda
In The Murder Scene
Bess is Yoda
April 21st, 2006 at 06:30am
^ Me too.
hunzana
Awake and Unafraid
hunzana
April 21st, 2006 at 09:26am
^me three
m45tq
Awake and Unafraid
m45tq
April 21st, 2006 at 04:39pm
I wouldn't say they 'saved my life'. A band couldn't really do that unless they literaly SAVE your life, but MCR definetly means a lot to me. Very Happy
soft skeleton.
Banned
soft skeleton.
April 21st, 2006 at 09:18pm
I can't say that they saved my life, because they haven't. But in some way they did.

I just moved to a place like in July 05. I was trying to fit in. Trying so hard that I was letting the idea of popularity destroy who I really was on the inside. I was depressed because no matter how hard I tried no one seemed to like me or accept me. I gave up. I wasen't having suicidal thoughts because I'm just not that kind of person, but I sure as hell just wanted to dissapear so that I diden't have to deal with it anymore. But then, for Christmas, my parents gave the greatest gift anybody could ever give. Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge. I popped it in my CD player. I fell in love. I seriously felt like you felt when you had a crush on someone. I know that sounds retarded, but I'm serious. I grew an obsession. I loved nothing more and I STILL love nothing more than My Chemical Romance. If I diden't have them...I would probably just, die. Like they are my air supply. I can't live without them. And when I feel worthless to the world (wich is often) I just look up at my posters and know that I'm not alone. That I have Mikey, Frank, Ray, Gerard and Bob with me for the rest of my life. And it's gonna stay like that way until I die. I made a promise to myself that I will never stop loving them. And I'm keeping it.

It may not sound as hardcore fan-ish as some of you here, but I love them more than life itself. And if I ever met them, I would freak. I would probably go into shock or something. I love them. And I ALWAYS will. It's like I'm marrying them. And I'm never ever gonna get a divorce. Ever.
stormy
Demolition Lover
stormy
April 22nd, 2006 at 02:30am
Casserz.:
I wouldn't say they 'saved my life'. A band couldn't really do that unless they literaly SAVE your life, but MCR definetly means a lot to me. Very Happy

Eh, I tend to disagree there. It might not be a literal saving of a life...but it definetely helps.
When someone is on the edge of falling apart, sometimes, it's a total stranger or an outsider that pulls you back and shows you that you're not alone in the world. Gives you something to hold onto and something that means something to you.
Bess is Yoda
In The Murder Scene
Bess is Yoda
April 22nd, 2006 at 06:09am
^ Yep, exactly. Music CAN save lives.
I've spoken to a lot of people who wouldn't be here now without it. Or maybe I wouldn't be, either.
stormy
Demolition Lover
stormy
April 22nd, 2006 at 06:15am
Ya know, every time I come on this thread, I keep hearing Gerard and Mikey talking about how they wanted to make music that impacted peoples' lives...and they got their wish.
I think of my shirt that says "Rock and Roll Set Me Free" kind of did...
"I don't need your friends, I've got my own"... a lot of them I found because of My Chemical Romance. And those friends help me when I can't get through times by myself.
So no, they didn't find me when I was bleeding or when I was about to hurt myself in other ways and tie off my wounds or take me to the hospital. But they've made it so it's easier for me not to do those things...or at least, lessen the severity of those things. They help me escape into a subreality where I can just listen to the music and not think about the world around me.
Bess is Yoda
In The Murder Scene
Bess is Yoda
April 22nd, 2006 at 06:28am
That's exactly what they do for me, too. It's like their my medication..but better. Since they came into my life, a lot of aspects of my life have been happier. I had this one person who controlled me and they didn't even know it. I was afraid to stand up to them because I didn't want to lose them. And this person didn't even realise that they were doing anything wrong..because they weren't, it was me with the problem. MCR made that change..I started saying what I really thought and didn't get worried when this person didn't reply to a text or an email or a call or whatever..so in that case, they really saved me.

I think when people say they don't think music can save peoples lives, they just haven't found the right music to save them. That, or they've never needed saving.
stormy
Demolition Lover
stormy
April 22nd, 2006 at 06:35am
Bess:

I think when people say they don't think music can save peoples lives, they just haven't found the right music to save them. That, or they've never needed saving.

<3 <3 <3 that!!!
Bess is Yoda
In The Murder Scene
Bess is Yoda
April 22nd, 2006 at 06:38am
^ Thank you! Very Happy
johnny walker eyes.
Demolition Lover
johnny walker eyes.
April 23rd, 2006 at 10:02pm
i agree bess, you smart one!
mercy in the sky.
Shotgun Sinner
mercy in the sky.
April 24th, 2006 at 12:35am
Don't think I've ever been suicidal. But there are such hard times in life, and I've had alot of shit go on in mine. MCR transformed me completely, that's for sure. I barely gave a damn about music until I heard them. They changed everything. Even a couple of weeks after I found out about them, I saw this old friend in my art class. I saw her staring at me, and I looked up and said "What?" She said, "...You've....changed!" Hah. I found out about them when I was just sitting in my living room, and there was nothing on. So I switched the channel to Much Music, and there was this one song ending. Then all of a sudden Helena comes on the screen, and I start watching it. I was amazed by the video....the music....how well they played and performed....everything about it. I loved it and I knew, instantly, that they were going to change me. It was weird. Then all of a sudden I buy "Revenge" about two days after I see Helena, and I listen to it right when I get home. I was HOOKED. I was blown away. And it gave me an amazing feeling, I understood it, it was different than anything I'd ever heard before, and I just can't even describe it. I heard Gerard's story, what their views were on music and other things, and I felt so much better, like weight was lifted off my shoulders. Now I can't live without it. It's like oxygen. Nothing could be better or more comforting. It's what I turn to, and I'm forever grateful to them for that. Their music is beautiful. No better word! I love 'em forever. They did save my life. And they made me a better person. Wink <3<3<3<3<3 -xo
Gerard and Frankie 4eva
Fabulous Killjoy
Gerard and Frankie 4eva
April 24th, 2006 at 05:14am
MCR has got to be the best fucking band ever!!!! they are seriously saving peoples lives, all of you has really gotten to me, i have never been suicidle or anything like that really, i get sad but all of you, have shown me that there really are people you know exactly if not worse or what i'm going through, thannk you all so so so much!!! i hope you'll all be happy!!!!
i love you so much MCR!!!!!!
chemicaly_romanced
Joining The Black Parade
chemicaly_romanced
April 24th, 2006 at 06:00am
yeah mcr saved my life i have no idea what i wud du without them in my life it first started when i saw im not ok on tv and i thought ah yeah theyre priti kool i guess then me and my bestie were just mucking around on the internet and we went on the my chem web site where i first saw the video helena and i watched it over and over again i even recorded it on my phone and went and showed my mates this awesum music by this awesum band and unfortunately thay were like ah na sorry thay suck balls u shud listen 2 sum better shit like slipknot and cradle of filth then after watching helena lyk litterly 100 times i went out and brort ther cd. i was like omg haha this is so awesum it was out a doubt the best cd i have ever brought in my life then i couldnt wait for ther new album 2 come out... thats when it all fell apart... i had the day from hell i went to a party and got so fuckin pissed off my face i did some kinky shit and tha skwl bitches wnt and showed all these ppl at skwl these pictures dae had taken n my bf dumped me i was so pissed off i lit up a smoke at skwl and got suspended and my parents kicked me outa home all i had was my skwl bag with a couple of clothes and my new my chem dvd/cd so i went 2 my mates house sat down and watched it and u have no idea how much better that made me feel sitting in 4rnt ov tha tv eating my fav food (pizza @ chocklCool with a beer in my hand watching mcr live with my best m8... wat else kud u ask 4? so thats how mcr saved my life and they did a gud job 2 i luv my chemical romance so much and i would do anything to meet them or for them to even come to my country!