Don't have an account? Create one!

Abortions.

AuthorMessage
The Jack Of Spades.
Salute You in Your Grave
The Jack Of Spades.
November 2nd, 2006 at 04:53am
Plus, it would be soo so bad to be the child of a rape.
bloodredruby69
Banned
bloodredruby69
November 2nd, 2006 at 03:58pm
^I couldn't even imagine the guilt and grief that child would carry with them, regardless of the fact that it is not their fault.
scissorglamour
Killjoy
scissorglamour
November 2nd, 2006 at 08:20pm
im all for it.

but dont go sleep around unprotected and then just have various abortions.

its like, rape, or incest, do you really want to not abort, and have that constant reminder of a horrific moment?

or risk putting it up for adoption with an abusive family?

its up to the mother,like nikki said
bitrsweetMCRgirl
Killjoy
bitrsweetMCRgirl
November 2nd, 2006 at 08:31pm
TayTay**:
Abortion is Murder, I think that it is wrong!

abortion isnt murder, the unborn child is just that... unborn, they have no idea what is going on, and hasnt even had the experiance of what life was/is so its not like they missing anything.

if the mother doesn't want the child, or cant afford the responsibility.and it wont be loved or have live in a suitable enviorment it shouldn't have to go through that terrible childhood.
The Jack Of Spades.
Salute You in Your Grave
The Jack Of Spades.
November 2nd, 2006 at 10:00pm
that's true, it shouldn't. But yea, agreed with the scissor glamour person. dont have various abortions. plus i think theyre really expensive
bloodredruby69
Banned
bloodredruby69
November 2nd, 2006 at 10:37pm
Well, they aren't something you can get over the counter, that's for sure. Abortions need use of the operating room, the Doctor and usually at least one attendant, plus the anesthesia. Not to mention that there has to be an appointment made, and I'm not sure if you can just call a Doctor and book an abortion. The woman doesn't feel particularly well afterwards, and depending on the person, recovery time is variable.

There's a lot more involved in it, and the woman has a lot of chances to turn back.
Wednesday Addams
Salute You in Your Grave
Wednesday Addams
November 3rd, 2006 at 02:44am
These days, girls just overdose on Panadol to kill the fetus.
Its horrible. But true
The Chiz.
Shotgun Sinner
The Chiz.
November 3rd, 2006 at 06:12am
^^ i agree.

i for one, am strongly against abortions, it still is murder whether or not the baby is born, the baby is still living.

But i think exceptions should be made for such reasons as rape or incest like scissorglamour pointed out. But if you do decide agaisnt it and give birth to the child and put it up for adoption, people often feel extremely guilty after because the baby has been with them so long it's hard for them to give it up so they wonder where it is their whole life and insist on finding their child.

Abortion isn't a win-win situation and should be thought through before deciding on which option to take.
seven dollar bill
Killjoy
seven dollar bill
November 3rd, 2006 at 09:43pm
I think it's a woman's choice to abort or not to abort.
If she's not financially or emotionally ready for the child, so be it. It is not my place to judge. There's so many different instances where a woman may choose to abort, and so many varieties of situations and gray areas that it's generally impossible to set a guideline of who should be allowed and not allowed to abort. Adoption may be one option, but adoption rates are very low, and the foster care system is stuffed full and flawed.

A lot of people say that they should have the child as a consequence or punishment for having a child. The thing is, a child should not be used as a punishment. It would be a child, not a wrap on the knuckles. They're a huge responsibility, and if the woman is not ready to be a mother, she shouldn't have to just because the condom broke, the birth control failed, she was pressured, she was raped, or the myriad of other possible situations.

Also. It takes two to tango. If abortion is outlawed, how do anti-choice supporters plan to deal with the other halves, the dads? I've seen arguments mostly condemning the would-be mother. What about the would-be dad?
AliroSilver
Really Not Okay
AliroSilver
November 3rd, 2006 at 10:25pm
I believe that abortion is wrong for certain stupid people. As Yara stated, it should not be used as birth control, that's what birth control pills, morning after pills, diaphragms, and condoms are for. If you really want a medical proceedure to keep you from having a baby, get your tubes tied or get a hysterectomy. And that's not even permanent. You can either have another surgery and get your ovaries back to working or have your eggs harvested and do invitro fertilization when you want kids. There are all kinds of possibilities.

And women who are victims should have every right as to whether or not they will carry that child. Whether they are victimes of rape, incest, drug use, domestic violence, it doesn't matter. They KNOW that it's wrong to bring a child into this world under those circumstances. Admittedly the option of giving their children up for adoption is open but according to some victims counciling services going through the turmoil of birth exacerbates the stress of the original violence and can make mental recovery almost impossible.

But the choice is there, that is what I'm happy about. You can either choose to not have an abortion and carry the baby to term or you can go right ahead. And as one of my favorite bumper stickers says, "If you can't trust me with a choice, how can you trust me with a child?"
druscilla.
Bleeding on the Floor
druscilla.
November 3rd, 2006 at 10:56pm
I think it should be legal.
I don't agree with it being used as birth control.
And I don't think men should have any say whatsoever.
Sorry.
ServeItInDrag
Fabulous Killjoy
ServeItInDrag
November 4th, 2006 at 06:14am
Many people think abortion is the easy way out Neutral
Many women have to live with the guilt of that decision for the rest of their lives.
It can also have devestating affects on the way they try and live their lives.
Ive seen people in therapy for yrs and addicted to anti-depressants because of the guilt they feel...Then again ive seen people who dont bat an eyelid at what they've done..So i guess its down to the individual Cool
Fermez Ton Bouche
Joining The Black Parade
Fermez Ton Bouche
November 4th, 2006 at 09:03am
Being male I prolly have no say on this matter whatsoever. But i'll still throw in my two cents. I believe it's legal, but only because I believe the government shouldn't control people in such a way.
The Nightbeast.
Salute You in Your Grave
The Nightbeast.
November 4th, 2006 at 09:16am
Fermez Ton Bouche:
Being male I prolly have no say on this matter whatsoever. But i'll still throw in my two cents. I believe it's legal, but only because I believe the government shouldn't control people in such a way.

Your opinion counts as much as any women's opinion.
I agree with what your saying.
Abortion should be completely the parent's choice in the matter.
Fermez Ton Bouche
Joining The Black Parade
Fermez Ton Bouche
November 4th, 2006 at 09:31am
*you're

Sorry, I'm a grammar nazi. Wink.

Yeah. I don't believe in anyone but the parents (pl) having a say. 50% Mother 50% Father.
...Em...
Salute You in Your Grave
...Em...
November 4th, 2006 at 07:38pm
I just
ugh
I cant even imagine the horrificness of having an unwanted child, especially as a teenager... It scares the SHIT out of me to imagine anyone in that situation, having their lives turned totally upside down and having to choose between the life they wanted to live before but getting rid of another, or having to give up everything at that time, probably sacrificing their entire future.

Im for it, it should definitely be legal, it'd be sick for it not to be... and I dont think that the parents of a teenager should be notified if they want one, either...
xXhopeXx
Motor Baby
xXhopeXx
November 4th, 2006 at 10:34pm
i don't think its right,
but i don't know what would be worse, if you were raped, having an abortion or keeping the child, because-for me-looking at the child would bring back all those memories
dark_princess
Fabulous Killjoy
dark_princess
November 5th, 2006 at 12:47am
i know pplz who have had abortions because of rape and they think that its the best thing that could of been done, but i still think that it is wrong!
green days girl xxx
Killjoy
green days girl xxx
November 5th, 2006 at 04:23pm
abortions are good in most respects because to people may make love but maybe they just cant handle a baby or the mother is to ill to have it and may die from the birth or pregnacy
Tara Scene
Motor Baby
Tara Scene
November 5th, 2006 at 05:00pm
I think that abortion is wrong because it should be consider murder. Just because the baby is unborn doesnt mean it shoulnt have a chance at life. Besiddes sometimes having an abortion can put the mother at risk of death.