Don't have an account? Create one!

Abortions.

AuthorMessage
gerards_demolition_lover
Fabulous Killjoy
gerards_demolition_lover
October 6th, 2006 at 04:31pm
Abortion is murder...i am pro-life....
I know that it is the mother's body and whatnot....but....everyone deserves to live....
matfew churlz sanduz
Shotgun Sinner
matfew churlz sanduz
October 6th, 2006 at 08:43pm
Sure, everyone does deserve to live,
But think of it from the mother's point of veiw.
What if she were raped?
What if the child she was carrying would be in ten times more pain being alive then dying?
Is there maybe a greater good?
A female doctor was convicted, I believe, for performing an illegal abortion because the baby was 23 weeks old.
Would you say this doctor was in the wrong?
Or did she do the right thing by the patient?
cocaine.
Shotgun Sinner
cocaine.
October 8th, 2006 at 01:46am
I am for abortions, but only if the mother has been raped and can't keep the baby becuase it will be too paniful, or if the baby has a horrible disability that will leave them in pain for the rest of their life, not just because they don't want the child.

In regards to your question Ella, I would have to know the circumstances of the mother's reason for it. Also, it would have been a good idea for the doctor to refuse all toghether.
If it's illegal, then you're looking at having your lisence revoked.
But that's another story.
idk. my bff jill?
Demolition Lover
idk. my bff jill?
October 8th, 2006 at 02:06pm
gerards_demolition_lover:
Abortion is murder...i am pro-life....
I know that it is the mother's body and whatnot....but....everyone deserves to live....

Exactly.
bloodredruby69
Banned
bloodredruby69
October 8th, 2006 at 04:03pm
Abortion is only murder if you believe life starts at conception or shortly thereafter. It is only murder from the points of view of people who believe this.

I believe that while the "child" is still a clump of cells, or anytime before it is fully developed into the semblance of a child, that it can be aborted without ethical consequences.

rach3l is a sound.
Salute You in Your Grave
rach3l is a sound.
October 8th, 2006 at 07:13pm
Personally, I am pro-choice.
The woman should be aloud to do what she likes to her body.
If the baby is a rape baby and the woman would rather not have that baby, then so be it.
If the baby is born with a disease that could eventually send the woman and any one helping her could bo bankrupt or severe debt, then so be it.
maad larzaza.
Salute You in Your Grave
maad larzaza.
October 8th, 2006 at 07:28pm
In no way am I supportive of abortion, for any reason.

In my eyes, it is murder. Born or unborn, that child has no right to be killed. If the mother became pregnant because of incest, if she was raped, if the child will have disablities, or if they just don't want or can't support the child, there's an easy and logical answer: adoption.

there are millions of couples out there who can't have children who would take care of that baby in a heartbeat, so I'm totally confused at why a girl can't go nine months carrying a child that they know can be raised by loving people.
bloodredruby69
Banned
bloodredruby69
October 9th, 2006 at 02:16am
^Considering the harsh realities of what you stated, combined with the possibilities of serious injury or death that some women face during pregnancy, not to mention the feelings of the mother - a lot of people would rather chose abortion over those consequences.

Then, they will only have to bear with a guilty conscience and the what ifs. However, if the mother carries the baby to term and then gives it up for adoption, she will forever carry that hard kernal of loss in her heart. She could not raise her child, she gave it to someone who could; she cannot mourn the loss nor can she rejoice in the fact that her child is well, when she has no idea where it is or how it's doing.

Have you ever heard the song, "He would be 16" ? I suggest you look it up.

And I cannot say how sick I am of hearing "Oh, they can just give it up."

Excuse me?

Have you ever had to give up a child, one you've carried in your body for nine monthes? Someone who is part of you? I haven't, but I can only imagine how hard it must be.

To speak of giving away a child as though it were a possetion is not only short-sited, it's cold blooded.
Mud
Really Not Okay
Mud
October 9th, 2006 at 04:44am
Shelliepop.:
there are millions of couples out there who can't have children who would take care of that baby in a heartbeat, so I'm totally confused at why a girl can't go nine months carrying a child that they know can be raised by loving people.

In which case, why are there so many children left in homes for year after year? They don't know that their child will be raised by loving people. A) You can never tell for sure whether someone is going to be loving, B) Lots of children don't get adopted; don't go to families and live happily ever after.
Roonil Wazlib
Motor Baby
Roonil Wazlib
October 10th, 2006 at 06:38pm
Shaking Ella's Hold:
Sure, everyone does deserve to live,
But think of it from the mother's point of veiw.
What if she were raped?
What if the child she was carrying would be in ten times more pain being alive then dying?
Is there maybe a greater good?
A female doctor was convicted, I believe, for performing an illegal abortion because the baby was 23 weeks old.
Would you say this doctor was in the wrong?
Or did she do the right thing by the patient?

ok then, so what if it were you're mom was the one who was raped, and you were the rape child that was killed.

You wouldn't even be alive to tell that story with the doctor (who did wrong, even if it was what the patient wanted.)

bloodredruby69:

To speak of giving away a child as though it were a possetion is not only short-sited, it's cold blooded.

And it's not cold blooded to kill the poor child? I mean, whoever gets an abortion takes away the chance for another person to discover the cure for cancer, or the next musical genus. Or maybe a great friend to a lonely kid.
Aishwarya in town
Awake and Unafraid
Aishwarya in town
October 10th, 2006 at 11:48pm
Airgirl:
And it's not cold blooded to kill the poor child? I mean, whoever gets an abortion takes away the chance for another person to discover the cure for cancer, or the next musical genus. Or maybe a great friend to a lonely kid.
You could also say that abortion might be "killing" the next Hitler.

When you kill a poor child, it does not feel pain. It won't suffer.

If you give it up for adoption, it might spend it's entire life in an orphanage with a poor education until the orphanage turns it out and it has to face the world.
It could also end up with a loving family. You never know. But it might suffer.
bloodredruby69
Banned
bloodredruby69
October 11th, 2006 at 12:28am
An abortion is the removal of a clump of developing cells.

So no, I'd say it's not cold-blooded. Especially when those same cells could help find a cure for diseases or help people with spinal chord injuries.

I am seriously getting sick of people just toting "Abortion is murder! Those pooooor children!!!!!!!" It's not like the child is a fully developed, viable human being. By the time it is an actual infant in appearence and function, it is illegal to abort it, so that people are NOT killing innocent children. Up until that point however, the cells that create the fetus are part of the woman's body, and she and only she has control over her body. Aborting it is no different than removing any other clump of cells from the body.

Period.

The ONLY reason people can argue murder is because of the difference in opinion of when life starts. Some believe it starts at conception, some when the fetus RESEMBLES (note, resembles, not actually is) a human child, some when the kid is born.

So therefore, you cannot push the idea that abortion is murder, becasue it IS NOT fact. It is only based on opinion. Science begs to differ. So please, stop with the mediocre posts that "OMG! Abortion is murder!", as that statement without back up or explanation is REDUNDANT.

Ok, I think I'm done now.
cocaine.
Shotgun Sinner
cocaine.
October 11th, 2006 at 01:49am
Abortion is the removal of a developing cells, like Ruby said.
It means that the baby does not have a brain, does not have neerves, and basically isn't even alive yet.
It wouldn't feel anything.
The human aspects (and I am talking feeling, hearing, taste) of a baby do not start to develop until about three months in the womb.
Therefore, that is when an abortion stops.
It is illegal to perform an abortion past this time in the pregnancy.

So please tell me how getting rid of a bunch of cells is murder?
There may be pshycological side effects for the mother, but that's it.
My Chemical Asshole
Bleeding on the Floor
My Chemical Asshole
October 11th, 2006 at 05:21pm
I really disagree with abortion. end of
Megan Vegantoast
Bleeding on the Floor
Megan Vegantoast
October 11th, 2006 at 10:28pm
Can a clump of cells think?
No...

So as long is its before it developes senses and a brain I"m fine with it...

If its just before its born I'm REALLY against it.
bloodredruby69
Banned
bloodredruby69
October 12th, 2006 at 12:07am
^Like I said before, there is a point in the development of the child that it is illegal to abort after. Anytime before that, it IS just a clump of cells. Late abortions are illegal because the child is developed to the point of almost being able to survive on it's own.
MistressRhi
Motor Baby
MistressRhi
October 12th, 2006 at 12:21am
at 20 or 28 weeks i think it's considered a feotus not just matter, i think that's where they draw the line
cocaine.
Shotgun Sinner
cocaine.
October 12th, 2006 at 02:50am
I'm pretty sure it's about three months, four months.
Something like that.
asha shake.
Devil's Got Your Number
asha shake.
October 12th, 2006 at 02:53am
I always thought it was 3 months
Yara; wtf...
Shotgun Sinner
Yara; wtf...
October 12th, 2006 at 09:04pm
1. Check before you make a new thread. Duplicates get deleted.

2. Spam is ABSOLUTELY forbidden. Stick to the topic at all times.

3. Keep it as calm and civilized as possible please. Let people have their own opinions, don't force yours on anyone.

4. No pyramid quoting.

5. No spam threads. This means no "rate this or that" thread. No "how do u liek chocolat?" or "i liek pie, do u?".

6. If I lock/delete your thread, read these rules again. Did your thread break any of the rules? If so, you have no right to complain. If your thread was wrongfully locked/deleted, pm me and we can talk about it.

7. If you want to talk about MCR, you can do so in the Band board.

8. If you agree with someone's post, and you quote it, ALWAYS add your own opinion to it

9. I don't allow profanity here.

10. "Page claim" is spam. Spam is not allowed.

11. "I agree" or "I like <insert topic here>" isn't enough. Elaborate your opinion please.

12. No Chat Speak! Use proper grammar please!

13. If you're unsure about making a thread because of any reason, pm me first and I will let you know if it's ok or not.

14. If someone makes a thread that doesn't belong here, don't waste four pages telling this person off. Just ignore it until a moderator comes online and deals with it.