Don't have an account? Create one!

Abortions.

AuthorMessage
go_screw_a_whale
Killjoy
go_screw_a_whale
October 13th, 2006 at 01:06pm
110% pro-life.
When you have an abortion, the baby can already feel. It hurts. The baby suffers. IT DIES. Dies before it even gets the chance to live.
Abortion is the number one cause of death in this country. Think of how many great minds there could've been if the mother didn't have an aborition.
Even if the mother couldn't afford to take care of the baby herself, she could've found help. OR she could've put it up for adoption. There are thousands of woman out there that can't have babies, and want families.
On the topic of "What if the motehr was raped?" Yes okay that sure is tragic. But isn't the baby still hers? Sure, the baby might of come out of something horrible, but that would be a bright side to the pain of being raped.
As a lady myself, I know that any child I am going to have in the future deserves a life. Who am I to play God and decide who dies and who lives?
Mud
Really Not Okay
Mud
October 13th, 2006 at 01:13pm
go_screw_a_whale:
110% pro-life.
When you have an abortion, the baby can already feel. It hurts. The baby suffers. IT DIES. Dies before it even gets the chance to live.
Abortion is the number one cause of death in this country. Think of how many great minds there could've been if the mother didn't have an aborition.
Even if the mother couldn't afford to take care of the baby herself, she could've found help. OR she could've put it up for adoption. There are thousands of woman out there that can't have babies, and want families.
On the topic of "What if the motehr was raped?" Yes okay that sure is tragic. But isn't the baby still hers? Sure, the baby might of come out of something horrible, but that would be a bright side to the pain of being raped.
As a lady myself, I know that any child I am going to have in the future deserves a life. Who am I to play God and decide who dies and who lives?
Whether or not the baby can be considered to be "alive" is debateable in the early stages of pregnancy. I mean, really its a bunch of cells. If it were a bunch of cells anywhere else it'd be removed without any question. In the early stages of pregnancy, it cannot feel pain. It doesn't have nerves or even a brain. It is only in the later stages of pregnancy that these factors become involved.

And, as has been said many times, sure the baby might grow up to be the greatest person ever. But then again, it could grow up to perform the worst attrocities man has ever seen. It works both ways.
Packless Wolf
Killjoy
Packless Wolf
October 13th, 2006 at 05:09pm
pretty much, im pro choice. lets say that a 13 year girl is raped and becomes pregnant. wut then? if she tries to give birth, she risks her life and her baby's life.
go_screw_a_whale
Killjoy
go_screw_a_whale
October 13th, 2006 at 07:27pm
Mud:
go_screw_a_whale:
110% pro-life.
Whether or not the baby can be considered to be "alive" is debateable in the early stages of pregnancy. I mean, really its a bunch of cells. If it were a bunch of cells anywhere else it'd be removed without any question. In the early stages of pregnancy, it cannot feel pain. It doesn't have nerves or even a brain. It is only in the later stages of pregnancy that these factors become involved.

And, as has been said many times, sure the baby might grow up to be the greatest person ever. But then again, it could grow up to perform the worst attrocities man has ever seen. It works both ways.

BUT The baby isn't just a bunch of cells. And it isn't like removing a whole bunch of cells, it is removing potential life. The differnce between removing cells from your body and removing a baby is the simple fact your cells multiply by mitosis, and the baby is dead and gone.
go_screw_a_whale
Killjoy
go_screw_a_whale
October 13th, 2006 at 07:29pm
Packless Wolf:
pretty much, im pro choice. lets say that a 13 year girl is raped and becomes pregnant. wut then? if she tries to give birth, she risks her life and her baby's life.

Now. A 13 year old girl gets pregnant, by rape.
1 What are the odds of that happening
2 If the girl can get pregnant she can have a baby. She herself doesn't have to take care of it.
XxMeAnt-4-tHeFliEsxX
Joining The Black Parade
XxMeAnt-4-tHeFliEsxX
October 13th, 2006 at 07:46pm
im not sure if i posted on this already but i think the abortion is the mother's choice. it's her body her bab. she can do whatever she wants.

Pshaw!! much luv <33 ::Judy Vengeance::
p a n d a_xx
Salute You in Your Grave
p a n d a_xx
October 13th, 2006 at 07:51pm
Im 50/50

Cases in which she should:
Rape, Insect, To sick to carry the baby, or if she's to young to even think of becomming pregnant.

Shouldent:
One night stand, unprotected sex, or because your parter wants you to get an abortion...
go_screw_a_whale
Killjoy
go_screw_a_whale
October 13th, 2006 at 07:59pm
Groupie!At The Disco:
Im 50/50

Cases in which she should:
Rape, Insect, To sick to carry the baby, or if she's to young to even think of becomming pregnant.

Shouldent:
One night stand, unprotected sex, or because your parter wants you to get an abortion...

firstly, in all of those cases the baby is still yours. sure you were raped, but would you want to kill a person just because something bad happened to you? If a mom were to kill a newborn baby just because "she wasn't ready" people would be shocked and appaled and would through her in prison. Same thing.
If the lady is too sick to carry the baby..? What is that supposed to mean?
If she's too young to even think about being pregnant why did she put herself in the position to have a baby in the first place?
bloodredruby69
Banned
bloodredruby69
October 13th, 2006 at 11:32pm
Sure, the baby is still "yours", but at any point up to and including the abortion, it is not a baby, child, person or human. It is nothing but empty cells, called stem cells, which can be used in the development of cures for serious diseases and the healing of dehabilitating injuries, such as spinal chord problems.

Now, how can you force a woman to bring into the world a child she doesn't want, or cannot keep due to monetary problems or lack of habitat; a child that may or may not find a loving home?

Many women are too ill to carry children to term, ill to the point of where it could cost them their lives. Diseases, genetic defects, problems with the reproductive organs, very small stature. All of the women with these are presented with high risk factors during pregnancy.

Also, just becasue a girl can get pregnant does not mean that it is possible or advisable for her to have the child. Females are able to get pregnant during their fist ovulation, before their first period, at an age of roughly 8-13. However, this time is before puberty has set in, and the girl still has the narrow hips, undeveloped mamories and body of a child herself, making the possibility of miscarriage, internal damage and breech birth much higher.

In another note, you're comment on the difference between removing cells and removing a baby is that the cells multiply by mitosis? Yeah, there is no difference. Both the "baby's" cells and the mother's cells multiply by mitosis.

So, I'll say again. An abortion is not killing a baby. Period. Potentiality is not actuality, so you cannot say that removing the unwanted tissue is "murder".

It is removing underdeveloped cells. What those cells could one day become is arguable. Stem cells are extremely valuable in research, and if the mother is unfit or unwilling to have the child, then those cells should be put to a use in medical research, not forced to develop into a child.

Mud
Really Not Okay
Mud
October 14th, 2006 at 09:49am
go_screw_a_whale:
Now. A 13 year old girl gets pregnant, by rape.
1 What are the odds of that happening
2 If the girl can get pregnant she can have a baby. She herself doesn't have to take care of it.

1. It happens.
2. What Ruby said. Young girls are getting ready to be able to have children. Just because a girl can become pregnant does not mean the rest of her body is developed enough to cope with a full-term pregnancy.
assiralc talc
Really Not Okay
assiralc talc
October 14th, 2006 at 11:28am
go_screw_a_whale:

Alternatively, it is a constant reminder of a traumatic experience.

go_screw_a_whale:
1 What are the odds of that happening.

Either you are insanely naive or have strong faith in the benevolence of mankind. 13 year old girls are raped. It happens, a lot.

go_screw_a_whale:

She 'simply' has to carry it for nine months, right? So, that's facing her parents, who might be angry with her. That's facing the father, who may not be able to support her. That's missing school or her job, if she has one. That's missing a huge part of her education, which she will need to take more time out of recovery after childbith in order to catch up on the work she missed, amounting to almost a year of schoolwork. That's nine months of uncontrollable hormones. That's consequent months after childbirth coming to terms with what's happened to her. It's not easy.

go_screw_a_whale:
If the lady is too sick to carry the baby..? What is that supposed to mean?

It means that the woman does not have sufficient health to carry a child. She might not be aware of this before pregnancy.
go_screw_a_whale
Killjoy
go_screw_a_whale
October 14th, 2006 at 01:31pm
assiralc talc:
She 'simply' has to carry it for nine months, right? So, that's facing her parents, who might be angry with her. That's facing the father, who may not be able to support her. That's missing school or her job, if she has one. That's missing a huge part of her education, which she will need to take more time out of recovery after childbith in order to catch up on the work she missed, amounting to almost a year of schoolwork. That's nine months of uncontrollable hormones. That's consequent months after childbirth coming to terms with what's happened to her. It's not easy.

I didn't say it would be simple. But, the teenage girl did put herself in the position to get pregnant. She should have to cope with the fact she made a mistake, but now there is a baby to take care of. If she doesn't have the money to take care of the child, why did she put herself in the position to have one in the first place?
go_screw_a_whale
Killjoy
go_screw_a_whale
October 14th, 2006 at 01:36pm
Mud:

1. It happens.
2. What Ruby said. Young girls are getting ready to be able to have children. Just because a girl can become pregnant does not mean the rest of her body is developed enough to cope with a full-term pregnancy.

Right, I am not going to argue with the fact that a 13-year-old girl getting raped is a terrible thin,. but there are alternative ways to deal with the situation.
Rape is a terrible thing, but, being given the chance to develope a child out of it is beautiful. It's sad the baby comes from a situation like that, but the baby should be given the chance to survive. And if the mother isn't "ready" for the baby, and her body isn't either, the odds of miscarriage are high. Which would be letting nature take it's course.
My Chemical Asshole
Bleeding on the Floor
My Chemical Asshole
October 14th, 2006 at 06:44pm
I agree totally with that.. Why should the kid not have a life, just because it's mother said so ? Yeah, there are loadsa things these days that can make it easier, and abortion is unneccassary, or however the fuck you spell it
bloodredruby69
Banned
bloodredruby69
October 14th, 2006 at 10:34pm
Do you have any idea of the emotional repercussions of a miscarriage, especially considering that the mother is already having to deal with elevated hormones, mood swings, etc? Not to mention things like post pardum depression and the pain of giving up the child after you give birth to it.

Not everyone is able to give up a child. Sometimes, it is better to have an abortion.

In a lot of situations, the girl did not put herself in the position to get pregnant. There's rape, date-rape, being taken advantage of by your boyfriend, being pressured into sex before you are ready, drugs. Hell, some teenagers are meticulous about safe-sex, wearing a condom, applying spermacide, the works. It is not their fault when the condom breaks or the product is faulty.

Should they be condemmed for the rest of their lives, for a mistake? Should any person have to carry such guilt, anger and/or sadness with them?

Especially when the cells could be put to good use.

Also, there are no alternative ways to deal with pregnancy.
Either you carry it to term, or you dont.
Period.

So if the choice is abortion or death, what is the logical choice?
Abortion or unwanted child?
Abortion or guilt, worry and grief, for the rest of your life?

Abortion is not an easy choice. But I would take it in a heartbeat, over giving up a child of my own flesh and blood. Cells are not a child. I can give up cells. I could never give up a child.
Wednesday Addams
Salute You in Your Grave
Wednesday Addams
October 15th, 2006 at 01:36pm
I think that abortion is completey the mothers choice. I mean, it's horrible to think that its 'killing' a future human, but what if the mother didn't have an abortion, and the child finds out that he/she was a child of rape? How do you think the child will feel, knowing all the horror the mother had to go through.

And if the mum was, say 13? If she didnt have an abortion, and she gave up her child for adoption because she couldn't support it, how would she feel to give up her baby to strangers after she had it inside her for 9 months, and bonded with it before and after birth?
My Chemical Asshole
Bleeding on the Floor
My Chemical Asshole
October 15th, 2006 at 02:01pm
I totally get your point. What about the morning after pill ?
Wednesday Addams
Salute You in Your Grave
Wednesday Addams
October 15th, 2006 at 02:09pm
actress girl:
I totally get your point. What about the morning after pill ?

I don't know much about that. Wouldn't it be just like abortion but doing it at a much early stage?
It would definitely be good for someone that got raped, or their drink got spiked at a party and the blacked out or something like that.?!
My Chemical Asshole
Bleeding on the Floor
My Chemical Asshole
October 15th, 2006 at 02:15pm
Yeah that's what I was thinking. Getting rid of it before it even happens is good, I reckon. But I've changed my view on abortion just a little bit. Maybe if it's absolutlry nessecarry and they cells would be used for something, then yes
go_screw_a_whale
Killjoy
go_screw_a_whale
October 15th, 2006 at 03:07pm
Look. I totally undcerstand the miscarrage deal, I know somone who's had one. It's really sad. But it's something you can get over.
Like rape.
You can get over rape as well.
Abortion is murder. Do you want to become a murderer?