Abortions.

AuthorMessage
go_screw_a_whale
Killjoy
go_screw_a_whale
October 15th, 2006 at 03:11pm
bloodredruby69:
Do you
In a lot of situations, the girl did not put herself in the position to get pregnant. There's rape, date-rape, being taken advantage of by your boyfriend, being pressured into sex before you are ready, drugs. Hell, some teenagers are meticulous about safe-sex, wearing a condom, applying spermacide, the works. It is not their fault when the condom breaks or the product is faulty.

Should they be condemmed for the rest of their lives, for a mistake? Should any person have to carry such guilt, anger and/or sadness with them?

Condemmed for a mistake? What if your mom had an abortion? Then you wouldn't be here.
Even if they were have "safe" sex, if they really didn't want a baby, they shouldn't have done the deed at all. Did you think about that?
Would you rather condem a life that hasn't barely begun yet. Life begins in the mother's womb, and by the time most abortions are proformed the baby can already feel.
bloodredruby69
Banned
bloodredruby69
October 15th, 2006 at 07:09pm
OK, I'm getting really tired of repeating myself. So I'll say it one more time, and maybe you'll actually understand it this time.

ABORTION IS NOT MURDER

Murder is one human killing another. A clump of underdeveloped cells that can be used for research and a possible cure for serious diseases and ailments IS NOT A HUMAN.

And no, it cannot feel. By the point that the fetus has developed far enough along to be considered a child, by the time it can feel pain, it is ILLEGAL to abort it.

Period.

It doesn't matter that the cells could become a human if left to develop. Yogurt left in the fridge long enough can develop into an active bacterial culture, which can be used to make more yogurt. Spores left long enough can develop into a fungus. Anything, if left long enough, can develop into something else.

But that doesn't mean that we are obligated to let it do so.

As for your comment on if they didn't want a baby, they shouldn't have had sex in the first place....

Well, they did. And they took precautions to prevent it. And it still happened. What then?

It is like saying don't get in a car if you don't want to get in a car crash.
Don't go down the stairs if you don't want to trip.
Don't breathe if you don't want to get anthrax.

Despite people's best preparations, unwanted pregnancy happens.

And frankly, that question about if my mother had had an abortion is a last ditch effort and a cheap shot, used mainly by people trying to defend a failing POV when they cannot think of any logical or reasonable reasons to use to express yourself.

If my mother had an abortion, you wouldn't be arguing with me.

------

And for the others on the other page who were asking about the Morning-After Pill:

The morning after pill is actually two pills, taken 12 hours apart. It is a large dose of hormones that make the uterus an inhospitable place for the fertalized egg to implant, and changes the lining of the uterus so that if the egg had implanted, it would be flushed out of the system.

In other words, it makes you have your period and stops the pregnancy from taking place.

It is often given with gravol, because it can cause nausea and upset stomach, and the sooner you can get it after unprotected sex, the more effective it is. It is most effective if you have it within 48 hours of unprotected sex, and the effectivness declines exponentialy after that time frame. The wiser women, knowing that accidents happen, have a set on hand, just in case. It is widely available through youth centres, hospitals, and drug stores.

Hope that helps.
go_screw_a_whale
Killjoy
go_screw_a_whale
October 15th, 2006 at 07:47pm
Killing a potential human is MURDER. It is still killing something. And actually, for your info, I have read up. The baby can feel. Maybe it isn't as organized as you or I, but still can feel. Still is an intenty.
And you're right. When you do all those things you have risks. And that's obvious. But even if you try to protect yourself, the user knows that it doesn't always work. So if you don't want the baby, don't take the risk at all.
Wednesday Addams
Salute You in Your Grave
Wednesday Addams
October 15th, 2006 at 11:37pm
go_screw_a_whale:
Right, I am not going to argue with the fact that a 13-year-old girl getting raped is a terrible thin,. but there are alternative ways to deal with the situation.
Rape is a terrible thing, but, being given the chance to develope a child out of it is beautiful. It's sad the baby comes from a situation like that, but the baby should be given the chance to survive. And if the mother isn't "ready" for the baby, and her body isn't either, the odds of miscarriage are high. Which would be letting nature take it's course.

I don't think some creepy 40 year old man raping a 13 year old girl is 'letting nature take it's course'.

I don't think any 13 year old is 'ready' for a baby and nor is her body. So if you know that the chances of a miscarriage are high, why not have the abortion? A miscarriage would be a lot worse. The unborn child would actually feel the pain of dying.
My Chemical Asshole
Bleeding on the Floor
My Chemical Asshole
October 16th, 2006 at 06:40am
I can see both sides of the arguement, but it's hard to choose, as I haven't experienced anything, but I reckon - whetever you do, you should have a good reason for it
frankgasm
Salute You in Your Grave
frankgasm
October 16th, 2006 at 02:42pm
I think Within reason abortion is a good idea.
But not for inapproprite reasons obviously.
It depends what you think really..
xo
Punk_Bling_Girl_85
Bleeding on the Floor
Punk_Bling_Girl_85
October 16th, 2006 at 02:59pm
bloodredruby69:

And no, it cannot feel. By the point that the fetus has developed far enough along to be considered a child, by the time it can feel pain, it is ILLEGAL to abort it.

Although that was once considered to be true scientific research conducted within the past few years has PROVEN that:

"At nine weeks, the embryo's ballooning brain allows it to bend its body, hiccup, and react to loud sounds. At week ten, it moves its arms, "breathes" amniotic fluid in and out, opens its jaw, and stretches. Before the first trimester is over, it yawns, sucks, and swallows as well as feels and smells."

This is taken from a scientific research journal so is actually valid information and is not based on opinion, only factual evidence.

My personal take on the subject is that an embyro is merely a collection of cells until about 18-21 days after fertilisation. At that point the neural tube is created and the basis of the nervous system is laid down. Having a nervous system is the fundamental requirement for sense and pain. By that reasoning, it *may* be possible for an embryo to feel pain from 3 weeks after fertilisation. This is why there is a 14 day limitation on embryo research but obviously such a tight limit can not be inforced with regards to abortions as usually discovering that you have become pregnant takes a considerably longer amount of time!
Punk_Bling_Girl_85
Bleeding on the Floor
Punk_Bling_Girl_85
October 16th, 2006 at 03:09pm
go_screw_a_whale:
So if you don't want the baby, don't take the risk at all.

Well I have to say I totally disagree with this statement. Its different if you are highly religious maybe, but otherwise having an active sex life with your partner should not be shuned! Contraception such as condoms or the birth control pill, as long as it is implemented correctly, is an extreemly safe form of birth control, despite the hype that says it is not.

Obviously there are occasions where it is not effective for one reason or another, which can result in the conception of a child. But I really dont think we can live our lives thinking the worst. Otherwise you would never do anything, as someone said above, we would never get in a car "in case we crashed" etc. Obviously this is not the same thing, as we are talking about the creation of a new life, but im just using it as an example here. If someone gets pregnant and has been using contraceptive methods, and does not feel ready to start a family or bring up a child then I am completly pro choice on the matter.
Punk_Bling_Girl_85
Bleeding on the Floor
Punk_Bling_Girl_85
October 16th, 2006 at 03:16pm
[quote="sp3nce.x"]
go_screw_a_whale:

Rape is a terrible thing, but, being given the chance to develope a child out of it is beautiful.

I really don't see how being able to develop a child from rape is "beautiful"

Imagine you found out one day that your father was actually a rapist who attacked your mother when she was only a child herself, I can't imagine wanting to live with that knowledge.
bloodredruby69
Banned
bloodredruby69
October 16th, 2006 at 03:37pm
^In all honesty, I was not positive as to the point where the ebryo developed a nervous system. In that regard, I was mistaken. But, you agree that some abortions are conducted in that short time span when the child is not developed to the point of the possibility of feeling pain.

Regardless, I am still Pro Abortion

Killing a potential human is not murder. There is no way it can logically be considered murder.
Punk_Bling_Girl_85
Bleeding on the Floor
Punk_Bling_Girl_85
October 16th, 2006 at 03:51pm
bloodredruby69:
^In all honesty, I was not positive as to the point where the ebryo developed a nervous system. In that regard, I was mistaken. But, you agree that some abortions are conducted in that short time span when the child is not developed to the point of the possibility of feeling pain.

Regardless, I am still Pro Abortion

Killing a potential human is not murder. There is no way it can logically be considered murder.

Yes, I completly agree with you, I am definatly pro choice on the whole issue of abortions.
go_screw_a_whale
Killjoy
go_screw_a_whale
October 16th, 2006 at 06:29pm
I'm still pro-life.
If I found out my dad was a rapist that raped my mom, and I'd lived my life without him I wouldn't care less. I'd be glad I
d been given the chance to live, sad my mom had to go through something, but grateful she could get over it.
bloodredruby69
Banned
bloodredruby69
October 17th, 2006 at 12:45am
^You can have whatever opinions you want; that's the beauty of free speach. But it wouldn't kill you to give a little and try to see things from the other side too.

In the past, I've had to debate for or against things, on the side that my opinion was not on. However, by doing so, it made me a better, more fair person, able to see both sides of an argument and realize that things are not always crystal clear.

Sometimes you have to slog through the much to find an answer, and you'll never be perfectly sure that it was the right one.

Abortion will always be one of those murky subjects, and whether it's right or wrong may never be proven, and may always lie upon uneasy consciences and firm opinions.
My Chemical Asshole
Bleeding on the Floor
My Chemical Asshole
October 17th, 2006 at 12:55pm
Now why couldn't I think of that ?
Aishwarya in town
Awake and Unafraid
Aishwarya in town
November 1st, 2006 at 05:44pm
I'm pro-choice because it allows people to follow their own views. It allows rape victims to do what they think is right, and pro-life people are allowed to still have the baby. If you are a pro-life supporter, then think about this: marching and protesting about abortion is just trying to force your views onto someone else. If you actually want to lower the number of abortions, then donate money and volunteer time to pregnancy help centers and orphanages. I'm pretty liberal, but I'm a big supporter of tolerance. Tolerance is the way to go, because if you read the Quran, Bible, or the Torah, they all say to respect people from all places. A great quote is,"Before you try to tell your neighbor to take the splinter out of his eye, take the log out of your own," which means to not judge other people before you fix yourself.
ServeItInDrag
Fabulous Killjoy
ServeItInDrag
November 1st, 2006 at 06:00pm
I firmly believe it's a womans choice to do as she pleases.But in saying that i also believe abortion shouldn't be used as a form of contraceptive.
One abortion i think you can sorta put it down to experience and hopefully learn from it,but i actually have friends who have had 2 abortions or more Neutral
josh franceschi.
Salute You in Your Grave
josh franceschi.
November 1st, 2006 at 07:57pm
I would say I'm proabortion.

I'd just say it shouldn't be used as a form of birth control.

I don't think a girl's parents should have to know. I'd hope she'd trust her parents enough, but if she has an abusive family, just imagine what would happen?
bloodredruby69
Banned
bloodredruby69
November 2nd, 2006 at 12:23am
^That's why so many teens don't talk to their parents about their sex lives.

And I agree that abortions are not birth control; that's what the morning after pill is for.
hmmm
Motor Baby
hmmm
November 2nd, 2006 at 01:26am
I don't really approve of abortions. I mean, it's not the worst thing in the world, but I really don't like it. If you're 14, and you need an abortion, you deserve to have the baby. For being stupid and irresponsible, you should be taught a lesson. If you're legal and it's an accident, then yeah, the morning after pill would be a good idea. Or like, if you're raped, then it'sn not like you were just being dumb. I don't know, but abortions just really gross me out though. I mean, honestly, ugh lol. I need to stop opening pictures my friends send me.
The Jack Of Spades.
Salute You in Your Grave
The Jack Of Spades.
November 2nd, 2006 at 04:52am
Yea fair enough, but still, not the lesson part I dont think. I mean, having a baby isn't like supposed to be a punishment. Agreed with the gross out thing. But i think that its sort of like (futre someones) life. But its their decision. Would people here actaully do it?