Don't have an account? Create one!

Plastic Surgery

AuthorMessage
DIE! DIE! DIE!
Bleeding on the Floor
DIE! DIE! DIE!
August 13th, 2007 at 09:22am
Domo:
What about if someone gets half their face burned off? Do you still condemn it?
Of course not.
I heard of a girl, my mom saw her on Oprah and she really changed my way of thinking, but her husband shot her face off.
Yes, that's what I said. She had to have plastic surgery to fix it. OH MY GOD. Should we shun her?
And yes, I do think we should be happy with the way we are, but sometimes we're just absolutely disgusted with what we've become. And if someone wants to look completely fake, and it makes them feel better, have at it. That money would've never been used to feed starving children in Africa anyway.

People should know the dangers before they try platic surgey. It's dangerous, but im so for it. I said this, I believe, in this thread, but outer beauty isn't totally worthless, and for someone who feels like they lack it, it means everything. If one of my friends was interested in getting it, I would support them fully. Every girl deserves to feel beautiful on the inside and out.
ChildVision
Really Not Okay
ChildVision
August 13th, 2007 at 07:33pm
The way you look shapes your personaltily if you change that you change you completely change what makes you you.

not including people who have have been burned
Fezzik
Salute You in Your Grave
Fezzik
August 13th, 2007 at 07:37pm
^That's not necessarily a bad thing.
Some people feel the only way to make themselves better on the inside is to make themselves better on the outside.
Ignore Alien Orders
Salute You in Your Grave
Ignore Alien Orders
August 13th, 2007 at 09:03pm
The_Used_Angel13:
I dont get why people get plastic surgery it's pointless.

For the same reason people wear make up and tweeze their eyebrows and shave their legs and get haircuts.

Personally, I'd never get plastic surgery unless I got some sort of injury that required it--burns, scars, etc. But that doesn't by any means say that I'm happy with my appearance. I wear eyeliner because I think I look ugly without it. I tweeze my eyebrows because they're obnoxiously huge if I don't. I dye my hair because I don't like how the natural color looks. If I get a zit before an important occasion, it puts me in a terrible mood. It's less extreme, but it's the same sentiment that's behind cosmetic surgery.

I do think there's a terrible problem with getting excessive cosmetic surgery--looks aren't everything and flaws are what make you you. I think freckles are cute and big noses don't really bother me, for instance. Body Dismorphic Disorder should always be looked out for, and you shouldn't go overboard. But who am I, someone who routinely alters her appearance from it's natural state as I'm sure the rest of you do, to say that cosmetic surgery is wrong? A consenting adult can weigh the health risks and choose what he or she will.

Pilgrim.
Salute You in Your Grave
Pilgrim.
August 13th, 2007 at 10:11pm
^I agree with Dimestore Saint on this one. Basically, it's everyone's own decision what to do with their body and money. And yes, most of us do a daily routine trying to change our looks for the better, although the results of that can be washed away at night.

The pressure put on us by the surrounding world and the availability (and affordability) of plastic surgery nowadays is making everything look kind of twisted. Basically I'm okay if people want to go through it, it's their own choice, but certain morals should be remembered. It's NOT okay to buy a boobjob for your 15-year old daughter just because she wants one. It's not very smart to get a lipo to lose a few pounds when you could just go to the gym. Sometimes it feels like people forget to use common sense when it comes to plastic surgery...
Annaundead;
Awake and Unafraid
Annaundead;
August 15th, 2007 at 02:51pm
Nose jobs and lypo.
(y)

I reckon it's alreet for anyone to have it. Just so long as they're certain they want it. I'd get a nosejob if I was moving to another continent.
[=
paper doll cuts deep
Banned
paper doll cuts deep
August 15th, 2007 at 05:04pm
I'm totally against plastic surgey,I think people should be happy with themselves but I can't preach to the converted. If people want to get fake boobs,nose jobs ect. that's their right.Whatever makes you happy,dude.
DIE! DIE! DIE!
Bleeding on the Floor
DIE! DIE! DIE!
August 15th, 2007 at 05:52pm
Well your a very lucky person to be so confident in your looks. Some people arn't Most people arn't. Those people deserve a chance to shape themselves the way they feel they should look that which they feel like the really look like, and supported in the process
Carrie White
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Carrie White
August 15th, 2007 at 05:58pm
^ and the people who are already beautiful who get it cause they want to look like barbie? i think people who get it and are already good looking are wasting time and money. the media sets impossible marks on perfection and people make goals on trying to look like that.
Ignore Alien Orders
Salute You in Your Grave
Ignore Alien Orders
August 15th, 2007 at 06:32pm
Then it's their business what they want to do. It's not positive for everyone to strive for the same image, but you do have the right to improve or screw up your body in any way you see fit.

Edit: I meant to add, if you're a mentally stable adult who's fully aware of the risks.
Mr.Armstrong
Awake and Unafraid
Mr.Armstrong
August 17th, 2007 at 05:37am
plastic surgery is not all bad
if you have something wrong with your body and you really really need to fix it cause it looks abnormal then sure go for it plastic surgery because its fixing you up and making you happy
As for people doing plastic surgery to make them look better its useless.they dont have to do it.I was watching a documentery on Plastic Surgery.
and there was a guy who didnt like his calf muscles so he took the easy way in and did plastic surgery all he said was "Hey i dont have to work out its easier for me"
personally its stupid using plastic surgery to look BETTER. your natural beauty should always be your confidence.
but hey its their lives.
gnat1ns
Killjoy
gnat1ns
September 8th, 2007 at 03:46am
if plastic surgery will make you happier, then why not. I dont think people should rely on it to fix their self esteem, but as far as we know, we only live once, so we might as well make the most of it and be as happy as possible.
tabitha
Bleeding on the Floor
tabitha
September 11th, 2007 at 12:28pm
There are a lot of cosmetic procedures that are meant to help a person. I personally am seeing a plastic surgeon next month to see if I am a candiate for a procedure that can help me alleviate chronic pain. If I am, I'll have it done.

Surgery of any kind is a risk. I could have died last year when I had a cyst removed -- but I also could have died had it turned out to be cancerous and I had done nothing about it. I trust medical science; at this day and age they have perfected procedures that caused much pain and suffering in the past. The surgery that I had, I was back in form after only a week. My aunt, having had the same surgery in 1975, was out for almost 4 months. And that goes for any procedure, cosmetic or not.

Everything in moderation. If it will help a person who is severely depressed feel better about themselves, good. If it will help a person like me alleviate pain, I'm all for it. But just like anything else, you need to be well informed and only do what is necessary.
weakerthan
Fabulous Killjoy
weakerthan
September 11th, 2007 at 04:59pm
I'm all for plastic surgery.
Someone said on one page about how people are dying everyday, and all these people are having their boobs made bigger, or their face tucked, or whatever. But then, if all the plastic surgeons in the world were to stop being plastic surgeons, it doesnt mean that there is going to be any more neurosurgeons, or whatever.

Plus, I think that there is too many natural disasters, and diseases and wars and what have you around the world, that if plastic surgery makes people happy, whats wrong with it?
Theres enoguh sadness around the world that needs fixing first, before you go into the ins and outs of whether plastic surgery is wrong or not. Anyone know what i mean?

xo
Carrie White
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Carrie White
September 12th, 2007 at 12:37am
Fezzik:
^That's not necessarily a bad thing.
Some people feel the only way to make themselves better on the inside is to make themselves better on the outside.

sometimes it is. imagine how it is for the family and friends who love someone for what they represented, then he/she gets PS and its like they're not the same person anymore. its good for some cases, and bad for others. there's a lot of people who get surgery and become confident, but TOO confident. they get snobby and have a big ego.

'you walk in and you see your parents and they don't look like your parents. its like having strangers in your house'-Sophie Simmons.

nose jobs, gastric bypass, face reconstruction, things like these are what people should definitely consider if they need it. if you have some cellulite go work out, its not worth paying money and having someone suck the fat out the area. come on, its common sense.

and the argument about ugly people getting it and people against are pretty. I'll say this, i have a pretty face, below my bust I'm not so hot. i still would never get it even though i wish my body would be perfect in 5 hours. I'm terrified of surgery and i don't want it, and i don't want anyone i know and love, to get a procedure unless its necessary.
UndyingSoul.
Really Not Okay
UndyingSoul.
September 12th, 2007 at 12:50am
LoversHeartDisease:
Well your a very lucky person to be so confident in your looks. Some people arn't Most people arn't. Those people deserve a chance to shape themselves the way they feel they should look that which they feel like the really look like, and supported in the process

But what if it end up badly? Then what? That just makes the problem of lacking self confidence worse. Which would totally suck.

People can do what they want but Plastic Surgery can turn out horribly if something goes wrong.

*cough* Micheal Jackson *cough*
tabitha
Bleeding on the Floor
tabitha
September 12th, 2007 at 02:22am
Again -- remember that any surgery can go wrong. You have to go into every procedure being completely informed of the risks.
Carrie White
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Carrie White
September 12th, 2007 at 03:51am
yea but it doesn't always go the way you want. even though theirs risks medically you don't know if it was a success or not.

and with all surgery's you're opening yourself up to diseases. diseases that are on everything and get in threw a open cut. if its not necessary you shouldn't be willing to get a horrible disease.
Ignore Alien Orders
Salute You in Your Grave
Ignore Alien Orders
September 12th, 2007 at 04:56am
Maybe you think so, but who are you to say what someone should or shouldn't be willing to do?

If someone is aware of the risk, he or she has the right to take that risk.

Carrie White
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Carrie White
September 14th, 2007 at 12:50am
if they want it they want it. uh i really don't care if they get it or not.

i just don't understand how people can get it and not know how it will go.

and breast implants are just stupid to me. people think you'll have em forever until you get em out, which isn't true. with all implants in ten years, your body will reject it, and push it out. and when that happens you either have to get them removed or get new ones back in again. to me that's just a waste of money. get them redone every 10 years? common.

buts that my opinion. if someone wants to live their life under the knife, go ahead.