Don't have an account? Create one!

Plastic Surgery

AuthorMessage
SuperNatalie.
Bleeding on the Floor
SuperNatalie.
May 31st, 2006 at 04:38pm
i agree with the, it's ok, if its not taken too far, or if it's to cover the result of an accident.
i also think, that if you're really brought down by something, like, saggy skin after major weight loss, then that is reasonable.

but, my uncle's best friend was badly burnt, and he has scars covering half of his face, AND all his neck, but he's lived with it for more than 10 years.

i think that if you're really brought down by it all, and it'd help, then go for it. just be tasteful.

but, i also think (most) boob jobs are kinda tacky, i mean look at jordan (the 'glamour' model) she's had about 6 boob jobs, and she is not pretty whatsoever. she disgusts me.
antennas to heaven.
Banned
antennas to heaven.
May 31st, 2006 at 04:44pm
Yeah I think Jordan went overboard with her surgery. I don't know why she had it, its not doing her any favours. But if its what she wants..
I heard that she has to buy special shoes with titanium in the heel to stop her tumbling forward from the weights O.o
Bloodraine
Jazz Hands
Bloodraine
May 31st, 2006 at 05:02pm
99% of it is pathetic, selfish and vain.
Doesn't mean i'm against it.
Hey, you're paying for it for yourself, what is there to complain about?
some random person__
Killjoy
some random person__
May 31st, 2006 at 07:35pm
i belive people dont need plastic surgery at all because it wont change the person you are. and yes i agree as above. you wouldnt need it unless its really needed
phantom.
Shotgun Sinner
phantom.
May 31st, 2006 at 09:32pm
LabelxDeathxOnlyxDefense:
Plastic surgery = stupid. It's selfishness. There are people in hospitals who are actually suffering from illnesses and are eventually going to die. Why do doctors have to waste their time fixing some stupid person's face because they think they're ugly or fat? Unless your weight is affecting your health or your a burn victim or something like that, cosmetic surgery is dumb.

Some doctors are trained primarily in the plastic surgery art. I don't think a nose-job guy would be of very much help during a heart transplant.

I think it's funny when people who're addicted to plastic surgery get screwed over. Like a woman who has had a million operations and her nose falls off. It's like, "Well, you've stuck enough needles and things in there, what you expect gon happen, fool?"

Also, I think people have a right to get whatever surgery they want. It's not like each operation is a cheap little thing; you have to pay bunches to get what you want.
phantom.
Shotgun Sinner
phantom.
May 31st, 2006 at 09:41pm
Bleeding.To.Be.Seen.x:
i belive people dont need plastic surgery at all because it wont change the person you are. and yes i agree as above. you wouldnt need it unless its really needed

The other day on Oprah, a really good-looking guy was decked out with a whole new look. He was turned into a really hideous, strange-looking individual & sent around a mall to see how people would react to him.
Before the costume was put on, people were friendly, curteous & generally pleasant. Afterwards, they wouldn't look him in the eyes, were impolite and when he asked for job applications they wouldn't give them to him.
The man himself behaved differently when he was in costume. He became physically & emotionally taxed within a few hours of the experiment, and felt truly bad about himself. Normally he was happy, flirty & good-humored, but when he was uglyfied he was inconfident & quiet.
A personality can be changed by an appearance. I say that people who are really affected by the way they look can have all the plastic surgery their little wallets can pump out.
My Hero:
Demolition Lover
My Hero:
May 31st, 2006 at 09:43pm
i don't really like the idea of plastic surgery... i think you should be happy in your own skin... i mean this is the way you were made and i think it's the way you should stay...

but i think it's great if you have a medical problem or what it is that you want done is affecting your health then i say go for it... you know what i mean?
Yara; wtf...
Shotgun Sinner
Yara; wtf...
May 31st, 2006 at 09:44pm
Olivia, I agree with you so much it almost hurts.

In today's society, it's so important to look good. Nobody wants to hire you if you look like Quasimodo, because people generally treat nice looking people better.
phantom.
Shotgun Sinner
phantom.
May 31st, 2006 at 10:21pm
Yara:
Olivia, I agree with you so much it almost hurts.

In today's society, it's so important to look good. Nobody wants to hire you if you look like Quasimodo, because people generally treat nice looking people better.

Thank you. =] That's exactly what I mean.
Aishwarya in town
Awake and Unafraid
Aishwarya in town
May 31st, 2006 at 11:35pm
My dad says that better looking people get better jobs. As much as I'd love to deny it, it's true.

So...whatever makes you happy.
The Crazy Cookie
Killjoy
The Crazy Cookie
June 6th, 2006 at 03:48pm
We should be grateful for the body we have, some people don't have limbs and we're complaining about having chubby legs. Stop the madness please. Its selfish and stupid.
asha shake.
Devil's Got Your Number
asha shake.
June 8th, 2006 at 03:23am
Personally, I think plastic surgery can be awesome.
I don't see why people have a problem with it. If people have the money, and want plastic surgery to make themselves feel better, why not?
st.watsername
Killjoy
st.watsername
June 9th, 2006 at 06:30pm
i think that plasic surgery is kinda
stupid because it shows that you
dont love yourself for the way
you are but you know if you have that
kinda money than do it but if you do it
because you think your ugly because of a
little problem thats when it gets stupid
and well you can really mess youbody up
if something goes wrong
it's all happening
Salute You in Your Grave
it's all happening
June 9th, 2006 at 08:01pm
There's much more to plastic surgery than meets the eye. There aren't two distinct groups of "Ohmigawd my boobs are too small. I think I'll go spend thousands of dollars of my daddy's money and make them bigger." and "I'm perfectly fine with my body."

Some people, like my 22-year-old cousin, are so unhappy with their bodies that they've gotten themselves into bouts of deep depression that they cant seem to get themselves out of. She has an abnormably large nose for an Asian woman, and it has been that way since she was little. She was constantly teased by her classmates, and she would come home crying almost every day.

By the time she was fourteen, it had gotten so bad that she began to grow inverted and hermit-like. She lost contact with her friends, thinking that they weren't her real friends; they were just people that felt sorry for her. She stopped eating because she thought that if she lost weight, her nose would shrink along with her body. When she was sixteen, she was admitted to the hospital. She had fainted at home, and was found on the kitchen floor. She was 5'5", and she only weighed 74 pounds.

At the hospital, her counselor convinced her parents (my aunt and uncle) to let her get a nose job. Her nose is normal now, and she's happy.

So there are legitimate reasons to have plastic surgery. I just think that people who want their boobs bigger "because they want to" or their lips fuller "because they'll be more beautiful" is unnecessary.
something or other
Jazz Hands
something or other
June 10th, 2006 at 07:21pm
I don't know... I'm on the fence.
I think like the lady who got the new face was okay. It helped her self-confidence. I think breast reductions are also very helpful for awkward-girls.
But I dislike the vanity reasons.
Like how would you feel if someone said 'Oh! You're so pretty!' and you couldn't say it was natural? It would sure embarrass me.
There are also huge health risks. I wouldn't go under the knife because I MIGHT look pretty.
Also, you might have a different outlook on yourself then other people. They might think you're the most beautiful person ever and you just decide to screw it up with plastic surgery.
For example, I think I'm fat sometimes (DON'T YOU DARE SAY YOU HAVEN'T, GIRLS!) and my one guy friend offered me a Twizzler. I said no, I was too fat. He just gawked at me and said 'you're skinny as hell!' (sorry for the swear, Yara) Then he continues to go on about how gross skinny girls scare him and guys don't like it...
SO THERE! Isn't a girl's biggest goal to be liked by guys?
I'm done.
Very Happy
miss girl.
Banned
miss girl.
July 14th, 2006 at 03:00pm
i think its stupid, but if you really hate your apperence, go for it. but there are risks to it, too.
cocaine.
Shotgun Sinner
cocaine.
July 17th, 2006 at 07:32am
narin:
If I said that I didn't want to have my nose smaller, I would be a liar.

I'm not against it, and I'm not for it.

I agree with you there, and it's really a personal choice.
monkeyinair
Bleeding on the Floor
monkeyinair
July 17th, 2006 at 08:59am
i, myself, would not resort to plastic surgery. even though i am fat and ugly i am contented with the way i am. but i have nothing against anyone else going for cosmetic surgery after all, it is their own body and their own decision. i am sure they are aware of the risk involved.
Spring Nicht.
Bleeding on the Floor
Spring Nicht.
July 17th, 2006 at 09:45am
I don't agree with it, unless you are in dire need of it, not for trivial crap.

If God wanted me to be pretty and skinny, I would have been born with it.
Yara; wtf...
Shotgun Sinner
Yara; wtf...
July 17th, 2006 at 11:11am
Mia:
If God wanted me to be pretty and skinny, I would have been born with it.

God has absolutely nothing to do with it. It's about genes, and choices in life. If your parents are short and fat, you will most likely be short and fat too. If you spend your life eating fast food, candy and donuts, you will be fat. God doesn't just magically erase the fat from your body. There is such a thing as free will you know.